Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 02:59 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Good Afternoon!
Fi your kitties are part of our family so their health is important to us. I know Grace will love her gifts. During the holidays I try to keep it as simple as possible because it is so much easier emotionally. Being productive is overrated. I view it as a guilt trip. Wishing you a 0-0-0 life.
Betsy I have not been successful with my snacking BUT I did stop eating when I realized I had overindulged. Do you know you can skip meals and still stay alive??? I feel inspired/motivated. I hope this feeling can stay with me forever! Yes Christmas will be at my house. We keep it low key and as relaxing as is possible. My sons insurance went through right away. Now we just have to wait for Mother Nature to be nice for the rebuild.
Terra are you hoping for anything special for Christmas?
Sam are you back on plan??? I am not upset with you but I would have been if you would not have been honest with us. We all have treats and we all need to get back on track ASAP afterwards.
Hi everyone else!
My house has been empty and quiet for the last 30 minutes. I have one more hour to myself!!!!!!!
Have a peaceful day!
Old 12-22-2014, 05:29 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Betsy I'm glad you were able to get the house cleaned and I'm glad you enjoyedmy post. It really was a nice weekend. I'm glad I'm going to get to see my family but loathing all the driving we are going to have to do. I'm hoping DH and I will have a day or two up there to go off to Roanoke and surprise visit my friend who lives there and see how the town has changed.

Fi Grace is going to love her gift! I'm sorry you've been going through so much and hope for better days ahead. The thought of the kitties around your feet remind me of my oldest, Sugar who always does that to me. My middle baby, Squeegee is laying on my stomach while I post.

Ubee Yes I am back on plan I promise! I don't feel like I'm sabotaging myself or my plan, just enjoying a cheat day here and there. I don't have plans to over indulge on Christmas. My grandma is only having ham and potato salad and I plan to bring so green beans and skip the potato salad. I'll be packing home made snacks for my trip and will have more than plenty for my days there. I'm thinking about getting some chicken sausages that I eat for lunch sometimes that is by Thin N Trim so I have something to eat and can stay on plan as much as possible while I'm gone since I won't know what kind of food my inlaws will have that I can eat.

Today was a good day at work. We gave the kids of a coworker their gifts and they loved mine which was a relief. I got work done and just have a little to finish up tomorrow. I'm hoping these companies will get back to me so I can get this stuff done before vacation on Wednesday. I don't want to have to leave it for my boss to finish and it's very time sensitive. I finished one of my contining education classes for my insurance license and have one more left to do before the end of the month but will more than likely get done tomorrow and Wednesday while I'm home.

Well I gotta wake up DH from his nap to get him ready for band practice. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their day!
Old 12-23-2014, 09:33 AM   #153  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Betsy ~ Yeah we should of passed each other in the night. I woke up 5 mins before 5 a.m. but I was able to go back to sleep and I didnt wake up again until 7 a.m.

Ubee ~ Not just one special thing I want for Christmas but I made my yearly Christmas list and I got one item that was on my list, My brother and his wife bought me Garth Brooks The Ultimate Greatest Hits 3 Disc Set.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just typed out a reply and then I lost my internet connection so I'll be sure to save it this time so I dont have to type it again. Anyway I woke up at 7 a.m. this morning, Its now 8:20 a.m. My only plans are to do my 40 min. chair exercises at 11 a.m. since I slept in this morning and I'll do it all over again at 7 p.m. tonight.
Old 12-23-2014, 12:07 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Good morning all. I love Christmas week -- everything is done and one can actually enjoy a few days without feeling rushed and looking at a to do list that stretches to 2 pages. Plus Toby is being extra cute lately -- wants to sit in my lap any time I sit down.

Fi -- Love the Christmas present for Grace -- isn't it fun getting something for someone where you're as excited about giving it as they will be to receive it. Your kitties are so lucky to have you and Bob to love them and care for them. Productivity is highly overrated. Just do enough to keep that slump at bay and enjoy the season.

Ubee -- Glad your son's insurance came through easily. And I do consider it a victory when you stop the snacking when you realize that you've over indulged. Did you do anything special for yourself during your hour of quiet? I found my mom in the kitchen once with this silly smile on her face drinking a cup of tea. When I asked her what she was doing, she said listening to the quiet. I didn't understand that then. She's gotten a lot smarter as I've aged. It's a miracle.

Sam -- Drive carefully and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. It will be a wonderful trip and it sounds like you have a great food plan ready which is why you've been so successful on your diet.

Terra -- Sounds like a nice quiet day -- ENJOY.

The house is all clean including taking all 200+ sets of animal salt and pepper shakers down, cleaning underneath them, and then wiping the shakers down. They're the only thing I've ever collected and I display them on shelves in an alcove at the bottom of the steps. From the amount of dust, it had been awhile! All of the stuff for the home repairs scheduled for January has been purchased and I just signed the contract so that will begin in late January. And the two sofas will be delivered early in the month to replace the one that Toby basically ate. Not as big as your BERP, Fi, but it was dumb of me to do it at this time of the year.

Diet wise I'm going back to just counting calories and carbs and shying away from strict Atkins. For me, Atkins is great to quickly get 10 pounds off, but then I quickly just stop losing. I'm probably doing something wrong, but pulled up the meals I was having when I was losing and will go back to IF with calorie and carb limits.

Off to the gym and then home to make the pie crusts to take up to the kids' house on Thursday. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 12-23-2014, 02:40 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Hey I just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas (Or whatever Seasonal Greeting applies I basically just hope everyone is doing well!). I am nowhere on track, but I'm still breathing so that's something. Trying to work up to getting back on track in the new year.
Old 12-23-2014, 03:08 PM   #156  

Hi Everyone!
Silent your popping in is a great Christmas gift. Thanks!
Betsy glad everything is done AT YOUR HOUSE! Whatever diet works is the right one. I spent my hour on here and the treadmill. Yes, mom's get smarter as we age.
Terra what a lovely gift.
Sam I am glad you have a plan to stay on plan!
Unlike Little Miss Christmas Betsy I have things left to do so I am off.
First on my list is the treadmill.
Safe travels and healthy food choices everyone.
Have a peaceful day!
Old 12-23-2014, 08:37 PM   #157  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Betsy ~ Yeah it was a quite day but I'm ready to get out of the house so I'm looking forward for when we go to Walmart on Friday.

Ubee ~ Yes I like the 3 disc set alot.

Last edited by Terra1984; 12-31-2014 at 01:59 PM.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:37 PM   #158  

Betsy Thanks I will be as careful as possible! I still plan to post here daily even while on vacation if I can. Since I'll be going out in the middle of nowhere I'm sure I'll have the time on my hands. Hope you and yours enjoy your holiday!

Silen Glad to see you here! Keep posting when you can and you'll be back on track sooner than you think...2015 is gonna be your year girl!!!

Ubee Yes I am going to do my best to stay on plan. I got 4 lbs I still wanna lose by my 1 year anniversary!! I hope DH and I can go to Roanoke sometime while we're there...I am dying to hike around the Peaks of Otter!!!

Today was my last day of work!!! Got everything done including my continuing ed for my insurance license so I have no worries!! I'm gonna go to the gym in the morning to get one good work out in before my trip and hope to get some hiking done while we're there. I'll be bringing my Nike's!! Now its crunch time for me to get all packed up and make sure DH has enough clean clothes, wash his coat and my bookbag...gotta get what I can done tomorrow since we will be at my grandma's Christmas day. Also gotta get a time releaser for the turtle's food in case my BIL forgets to feed her more than once a day.

It's gonna be nice to sleep in tomorrow but I have a feeling I'll be up earlier than I think lol...Hope everyone has a good night!!
Old 12-24-2014, 07:05 AM   #159  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Well both children are present and correct for Christmas, the house is clean and the presents are wrapped! Carol Service this evening. I am about as ready as it is possible to be!
Have a wonderful Christmas.....Cool Yule to Fi,
Nadolig Llawen as we say here in Wales,
God Bless,
Donna
Old 12-24-2014, 08:29 AM   #160  
Started IP 11/17/2014

S/C/G: 455 (IP 444.4)/ticker/244

Height: 5'11"

Happy holidays everyone ..... Going to clean the house, light done candles, with for my neighbor and her little boys to come over and bake cookies/watch christmas movies.

Going to stay on plan as much as possible and just try to get through the weekend.
Old 12-24-2014, 10:22 AM   #161  

Good Morning!
As long as we are all doing better then past holidays let's call it a success!
Have a wonderful time everyone!
Old 12-24-2014, 12:40 PM   #162  

What a wonderful way to start the day reading all the posts from my friends and basking in the spirit that is so much a part of this season.

May you all have a wonderful celebration -- whatever your personal beliefs -- and share in the joy that is hopefully present for everyone.
Old 12-24-2014, 09:47 PM   #163  

Good Evening all,

I'm sure most of us won't be posting tomorrow so everyone enjoy their time with friends and family. I am thankful to have each and every one of you as part of my life and this crazy journey. Have a Happy Xmas!!

Last edited by SamIAm86; 12-24-2014 at 09:47 PM.
Old 12-25-2014, 12:57 PM   #164  

Merry Christmas!
We are having a green Christmas!!! Love it.
Quiet day today. Everyone's plans changed so there are a lot less of us. We are chilling. It is so nice!
Fi Santa brought me If I am So Smart Why Can't I Lose Weight!
Have a peaceful day!
Old 12-26-2014, 10:39 AM   #165  

Oh my. What a wonderful day it was yesterday. The kids were excited beyond belief, the adults were happy and enjoying just being together, and whenever we have a holiday together, it makes moving 3000 miles worth it. Hope everyone who celebrates Christmas had an equally wonderful day.

Ubee, I'm glad that you were able to chill and that Santa brought you the book you wanted. It is wonderful when Santa gets those messages loud and clear!

Well, if you never hear from me again it's because I'm going to Costco and Fred Meyer today. Bill's brother and family live in Portland, OR so we always do a Christmas party either down there or up here. Since my sister's passing, I've somehow become responsible for the "up here" part of the equation. His niece was in a serious car accident about 6 weeks ago, so the party is going to be down there, but in some moment of well intentioned insanity, I volunteered to get all the food. I was thinking the party would be next weekend, but her brother and wife always come up from California for a week, and they'll be gone by then. So, the party is tomorrow. So, Bill and I are off to Costco to get trays of stuff because there's just not enough time to fix much of anything. I can't even imagine the crowds. Bill's just going along because I think he should share in the insanity.

On the diet front, I weighed a pound more this morning. I did pretty well yesterday until the pecan pie was served. Oh well, one pound up or down happens even without pecan pie.

Hope everyone enjoys the day. Sam, you the DH drive carefully.
Closed Thread