Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 01:15 PM   #286  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Good Afternoon!
Betsy I am going to need to borrow your breaking news music!
I started out weighing once a week and in the Spring I switched to once a day. Today when I woke up I looked at the scale and thought "I don't need to weigh myself today. It doesn't matter. That number is not going to change how I eat today." Will I still care about that number? Yes. I just will not give it so much power. We are going to eat healthy and the weight will take care of itself. Sooner rather then later I hope but it will happen.
Terra I used to walk to enjoy nature. Hmm I should start that again. New day new question. Some of us on here may struggle with housework. What is your story? Are you Martha Stewart or Procrastinating Patty or Git er done and have some fun? Please make sure and check those light dressings some are low in fat and HIGH in sugar.
Sam what is a PT test and how did you do?
Katt hope you are better soon. I will send you some much cooler air!
Fi I hope you are OK!
All right where is everyone???
Am I the only one without much of a life??? (Please don't answer that!)
Old 01-26-2014, 01:31 PM   #287  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

It's another gorgeous day here (sorry, I know a lot of the northern western hemisphere is experiencing really bad weather), and I'm going to actually get out in the yard today instead of just thinking about it. Plus, it keeps me from getting the afternoon what-can-I-put-in-my-mouth munchie cravings.

Terra -- Welcome to the I Hate to Clean House Club. Ubee and I are the founding -- and sustaining -- members. Love having two sunny days this time of year, but darned if I didn't realize how badly the windows need to be washed (didn't I just do them 6 months ago?) and there's a LOT of dust. With all the walking you do, cleaning house would a) have to be scheduled between walks and b) have enough energy left. In case it's not clear, I'm giving you excuses to avoid the straightening up.

Sam -- Hope the PT test went well. You are so lucky to have a BIL who is essentially your personal trainer only without the sometimes significant fees. Your hair cut sounds like fun and your evening out sounds even better. And sometimes you just have to have an off plan night. I looked up the foods -- couldn't decide if I would be tempted or not. And congrats on getting health insurance.

Katt -- Your pictures are lovely -- thanks so much for sharing them. Love the dress, you looked beautiful, and got a chuckle out of your being in the grocery store in your dress. And the scenery was gorgeous -- New Zealand is on my bucket list of places to visit. Hope your appetite gets back in gear. It's nice to not have the problem of constantly wanting something to eat, but under 700 calories a day just isn't enough (which you obviously know). It feels like it's either feast or famine sometimes.

Ubee -- Hope the bored/stressed has gone away. I got to chuckling at your house hunting for a house with a pool. My first thought was that for 3 months a year you could also use it as an ice rink. Don't know where that came from. A pool would be wonderful! The Co-op celebration was a non-event because a) the people who were to call the vendors to get free samples to give away decided that calling the day before was enough time and b) the person who was to put the ad in the local paper "forgot" which translates into there was a game on ESPN between the Booty Hawks and the Nowheresville Cardinals that just had to be watched. So about normal for the Co-op. They also decided that yesterday morning was a good time to look for a sign that was made up years ago saying it was Founder's Day. Of course, it couldn't be found. I have just decided to do my part and stop worrying about everything else that needs to be done because it was causing stress which for me equates to eating anything and everything within arm's reach.

Edo -- How are you modifying the crock pot recipe to make it healthier? It does sound wonderful. Modifying recipes is not one of my fortes in life, so hints from people who seem to do it easily are always welcomed.

Jane -- Congrats on the 3 pounds and like Ubee says, we need to give ourselves credit even if we think it's water weight. Your evening sounds horrific. You are a great friend to put up with both having a drunk friend and having a tub of ice cream tempting you.

Tried spaghetti squash last night after reading some of your posts here -- don't know why I put it off for so long. Easy to make, has a slightly nutty taste, but doesn't overpower everything else. Just grated a little parm on top and was happy with it as a side dish. Today Toby and I are going to practice walking together with the leader to keep him from pulling me all over. Have a great day and see you all tomorrow.

Last edited by betsy2013; 01-26-2014 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:28 PM   #288  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Good Afternoon All!!

Just finally had some time to sit down and relax and check in before I start doing my meal prep for the week. Got up this morning and did my PT (Personal Training) test with BIL. The only thing he seems to be focusing on is push-ups, sit-ups and how long it takes me to go around this big pond at the park that has a track around it. It's a mile long. I was really surprised he didn't have me do more. So the results are in and I did 25 pushups, 25 sit-ups (more like crunches) and I did the mile walk/jog in 20:15. Overall I'm pretty happy because I didn't even think I could do more than 10 push ups lol...He seemed to be happy and I even had a lady that was walking past me getting her exercise in cheering me on! She said, "You can do it! Don't give up! You're doing great!" That made me want to push even harder. So I am quite happy with the results and it will be nice to see where I am a month from now

I'm getting ready to attempt to make a cauliflower pizza crust from a recipe online and have that for lunch and perhaps dinner tonight as well. While that's in the oven I'm going to try and figure out what kind of salad I want to make for lunch this week. I was thinking maybe a curry chicken salad, but who knows.

Anyway, I hope everyone is have a POP day!! It's all one day at a time and we CAN do this!!! <3
Old 01-26-2014, 02:45 PM   #289  

S/C/G: 325/314.4/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi, everyone! I'm so excited to have found this place! I just started my weight loss efforts in earnest right after Christmas, and I have been looking for some community where I can offer and receive support. I have been lucky not to have any extreme health problems associated with my weight, yet, except for being extremely tired all the time. That is my #1 reason for deciding to start taking better care of myself. And my #2 reason is that I have recently become engaged, and (vain though it is) I really want to look nice in my wedding dress!

I started about a month ago by cutting out sodas -a huge addiction of mine- and working out on the elliptical my SO was so sweet to buy for me. I've moved on to watching portions, but I am going to start a food journal and calorie counting this week. I have such a long way to go, but I'm trying to focus on the now and what I can do today to reach my goals.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you!!
Old 01-26-2014, 03:21 PM   #290  
~Erin~

S/C/G: see siggy :)

Height: 5'6

Betsy : With the crock pot recipe I used fat free cream cheese and low sodium broth. The tortellini's I used were cheese filled, but you can use any kind you prefer so I am sure there are lower calorie ones. I also added turkey sausage to my recipe. (the original does not have it) All together it came out to be 441 calories for a large serving. 2645 calories for the entire recipe and I split the recipe into 6 servings. My DH took one bite and said, "you can make this again". So success!

Today I am making Crockpot Cube Steak and Gravy. With this one I used 97% fat free cream of mushroom. http://thepost-itplace.com/2012/01/c...eak-and-gravy/

Ubee: I too have no life! lol Today was the 1st time all week that I actually left my house. Its so dang cold that I am happy staying in.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:30 PM   #291  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Just caught up on my Challenge thread and need to pop out to pick my lino and go visit a friend .. but will check back in when I get back .. welcome in Gwynwyn .. glad to see you on the boards and doing great so far!

TTYL
Old 01-26-2014, 07:16 PM   #292  

Welcome Gwynwyn to the thread!! So happy to have another addition to this group! Everyone is very nice and amazing people here. Good luck on your journey, I'll be here cheering you on!!

I am so tired from today. It's only 7:15 here so I think it's going to be an early night for me. Got my breakfast and lunch prepped for this week. I'm having fruit bowls for breakfast and curry salad for lunch this week. Need to pick up some more fruit tomorrow and some other odds and ends tomorrow after work. I had such a great day today I think I'm going to make Monday's my weigh in day since I actually forgot to weigh in this morning. I think TOM is coming so I'm a bit nervous. Since I have PCOS I am not regular so I'm sure I will be bloated so I will not pay too much attention to the added water weight.

How was everyone's day??? Little quieter than usual today. Hope everyone is well. I will read up on every one in the morning. Good night everyone <3
Old 01-26-2014, 07:50 PM   #293  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Sorry gals, still coughing but couldn't handle the hermit life anymore. I hope everyone is doing well I haven't had time to read everything so I'll only do this one special shout out to :

Fi - Hope you are feeling better. XoXo!

And for Ubee & Betsey since alas you failed to live FOR me and go out clubbing! tsk tsk.... Here is how I spent my weekend.

Friday I slept in and was lazy I should have cleaned more than I did, but we all know I'm good at finding excuses to take breaks from that. Ended up meeting up with a friend at the convenience store in the afternoon, pretty much everything in town was shut down except for those since we did get those blizzard conditions. We were okay to walk there, both of us, felt 'stir crazy'. Probably because we knew we were suppose to stay home. And we cooked supper and played "Just dance". Then went to another friends later in the evening and played poker, it took way too long. I am not a poker player and I still won the ONE round we played.

Yesterday I slept in again but did clean my entry way that seems like nothing but it had become a dumping ground so I got everything out of there and vaccuumed. Hopefully I can keep that under control for a while. And then it was time to partay. I just made dip as I was lazy to go to the farther grocery store so just grabbed some sourcream and chips. I already had the mayo and epicure dip mix. So that was fun, I drank a lot and snacked a lot (boo) but it was just good seeing some of my extended group of friends that I don't see as often and am not necessarily as close to but that I totally adore. We ended up staying chatting until almost 2am. Oopsie... Which would be fine but...

We had brunch plans today , we were all a little late to the party. We had almost all been at the party last night so we understood. Had more interesting conversation and horribly yummy brunch food and mimosas.

Now to face the work week :-| A quiet night with tea and my book tonight. I'm off the hook for a while Ubee? I can be boring again ?
Old 01-26-2014, 09:06 PM   #294  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Well, I spent the weekend coughing (as a result of the STRESSful test) and drinking herbal teas, trying my darndest not to catch a bug in the petrie dish of my weeping airways. So far, so good: the cough is gradually getting less. I tried to resume my leg exercises tonight and failed: 'couldn't even do one set, that's how trashed my thighs are. I don't see the cardiologist and hear the results of the test until Thursday, so until then, it's hang in here and try to get some collages done.

silent— Good for you that you got some par-tay time in! I used to party a lot when I was in my 20s and 30s, but then I became bipolar and turned into a recluse. =sigh= But at least I'm a recluse who turns up the volume on the rock music nearly every night. When people call me on the phone, they always say, "Wow—'sounds like a party at your place!" =laugh=

Sam— I'm impressed by how much creativity you're putting into your cooking! My sister is like that, really expresses herself by making healthy food for her family, but I seemed to have gotten the artistic gene from my dad instead of the food gene. It takes all kinds... =smile= Oh, and your haircut sounds really cute!

Nightkatt— Your pictures are gorgeous: in that lovely color of a dress, you look like an exotic flower in that fab scenery!

Erin— Way to go with those crockpot recipes! That sounds like a good way to make up more than one meal at a time...

Gwynwyn— Welcome on board! And multiple congratulations are in order: first, on getting engaged (Yay!), second for giving up sodas—I recently gave up diet soda, a lifelong habit, so I know it's not easy—and third for working out on your elliptical! Feel free to tell us more about yourself. Making a habit of posting nearly every day will really help you weather the ups & downs of this long journey we're all embarked on.

Betsy— 'Glad to hear you've been having great weather: I know you don't get a lot of sunny skies in that part of the world. I love spaghetti squash: I like to serve it cold with cinnamon and a chopped-up apple, maybe some chopped walnuts, as a kind of salad, and it's convenient the way it provides its own bowl.

Ubee— I'm glad to hear the dreaded 3-digit number is lessening its power over you. I like having my monthly weight chart on the fridge, so I can ooh and ahh over how much progress I've made, but past that...it's just a number, not a lifestyle change. As for my being mentally strong, well, I'm really not: that stress test has taken a toll on my moods, all weekend long. I really feel it when something stresses me out psychologically—'takes me days to recover.

Terra— What can I say, except way to go on the walking! I'm looking forward to getting the go-ahead from my cardiologist so I can resume walking on the wooded trail around our local lake—so relaxing, and good for one's moods, too.

Speaking of which, my main agenda item right now is hoping my mood will pick up enough tomorrow morning that I can make a collage. When I haven't made any art in a while, I just don't feel like myself.

Where are our three men? I hope they all had happy busy weekends...
Old 01-27-2014, 09:20 AM   #295  

Morning!!

I'm in quite the good mood this morning. Woke up and did my first official weigh in since I now have a new scale. I'm down 4 lbs!! That really makes me happy because I thought after having a cheat meal at the new pub in town I thought I might would have gained. I woke up to TOM so I may be carrying some additional weight from that but I am not going to worry about it right now. I had my fruit bowl with some plain greek yogurt this morning and I am now enjoying a cup of coffee. I'm trying to stay away from it until I can find some coconut sugar because I really don't like the artificial sweetners and their chemicals, but today I really needed it so I'm letting it slide.

Tomorrow I may be only working a 1/2 day. We are supposed to be getting some freezing rain and possibly a few inches of snow, which is rare for Myrtle Beach to get so we may end up closing early tomorrow and be closed on Wednesday. That would be a nice surprise because I can stay in and work on some other things at home hehe .

Has anyone here tried doing yoga? I had a friend from high school contact me about going to yoga with her sometime since she saw I am trying to get in shape. I would love to try it but I am kind of afraid I wouldn't even be able to do it. I told her I would keep it in mind and if I decided to go I would call her. Maybe I should look up some moves that are good for plus sized people and see how I do with that.

Anyway, I'll check in later, hope everyone has POP day!
Old 01-27-2014, 10:19 AM   #296  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Fi - Hope you got the Collage Mojo going

Sam - About Yoga, here's the thing you have to be willing to accept that you may not be able to do every move at its full extension right away. You may have to go back to rest in certain poses while everyone else might be doing soemthing else. I find honestly the few times I've tried it. There are some moves, where yes my fat gets in the way of being able to move a certain way.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:44 AM   #297  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Sam - I'm totally with Silentarctic on the yoga thing. I took class twice a week until my instructor moved, and now I do it at home. It takes a while to build up the flexibility. (I was mega frustrated because I took the class with a dancer beside me the whole time. I couldn't do a quarter of what she did). Keep with it though. You'll feel so lithe and graceful!

I'm up just under two pounds today. Not shocking, because our good friends invited us for dinner last night. The husband has a very bad back and is recovering from surgery, and he did the cooking. I couldn't bring myself, after all the painful work he did, to not eat the stuffed potato and dessert. So now I have to get back into ketosis. I'm still down quite a bit from when I got my act together.

My bf is gone for the week, so I'm hoping to get a lot of stuff done. My house is still a disaster from renovating! Have a good week everyone!
Old 01-27-2014, 11:07 AM   #298  
~Erin~

S/C/G: see siggy :)

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone! Another snow day here in MI! My poor daughter is going crazy being stuck in the house! Hearing the "I am bored" all day is driving me CRAZY!! Didnt we just have Christmas where kids got all these new toys to play with??!! Got dinner in the crock pot (BBQ Shredded Chicken). Now I am going to spend the day getting some house work done. Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 01-27-2014, 02:01 PM   #299  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Good Afternoon!
Erin my girls went to school today and I was worried sick till my youngest texted that they got there safe. I always say if they are bored I must have some job for them! Glad to have another home body to chat with!
Jane I hope you have a great week and get more done then you can imagine!
Silent you will never be off the hook! Do you really think a party animal like you can spend more then a few days with tea and a book! Live it up time goes quickly!
Sam way to go on the 4 pounds!
Fi I think you are strong and I admire you! Your squash sounds yummy. I hope I remember to try it in the future. Thanks!
Katt see you in the challenge thread!
Gwynwyn! The support here is awesome! We all get what you are going through. (As much as someone can.) I am OK with vain. Most days I could use some vain. When is the big day?
Betsy your co-op update made me pull my hair out! My swim pool will have palm trees. How did it go when Toby took you for a walk? Whoa you wash the outside of your windows? Rain does that...
Tomorrow I am going in for a hysterectomy. Prayers, positive vibes or whatever is your thing is greatly appreciated. Does anyone know if it would be rude to bring the shop vac in and ask them to suck out some fat?
Have a good day! I will be back sooner then you are ready for me!
Old 01-27-2014, 03:39 PM   #300  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ubee ~ Thats great that you used to enjoy walks in nature and that you might start walking in nature again. To answer your question Im a Get R Done and have some fun person when it comes to cleaning. Thanks for the advice on the light salad dressings, I didnt know they might be low in fat and high in sugar.

betsy2013 ~ I dont mind cleaning, I just turn up my music and get started, To answer your question I have to clean the house/my room around my walks LOL. Thanks for giving me the excuse for not straighten up LOL.

Fiona W ~ Thanks for committing on my walking. I hope your able to walk around the lake soon. Walking near water is very relaxing I agree with that.

Gwynwyn ~ Welcome 2 The Jan. 2014 300+ Chat thread.

As soon as I get done with this post Im gonna do my 1st walk of the 1st day of the week. It would be my 2nd walk of the day cause I usually walk at 11 am but I went ahead and took a nap at that time since I couldnt sleep in yesterday like I planned cause I went to sleep too early Saturday evening but oh well. Today I just plan to walk here in a few mins like I said and walk again later on tonight. Hopefully I can get my room FINALLY straighten up tonight as well. Tomorrow is our run errands day and I also have a meeting to go too. Well I hope everyone is having an awesome day.
Closed Thread