Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 05:15 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 360/221/160

Height: 5' 6"

A nice Florida day 75 and partly cloudy. It would be a perfect day if only my scale would co-operate. My weekly weigh in today was 274 no change for the last two weeks despite eating under goal and exercising more. I may be replacing fat with muscle. My waist is getting smaller but my weight stays the same. Based on my history no gain can be considered a victory.

Yesterday I cooked a brunch all you can eat fundraiser for the Shriner's. Despite having huge amounts of some of my most favorite high calorie foods readily available I stayed below calorie goal for the day and strictly controlled my portions. This definitely was a NSV for me.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:45 PM   #302  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Evening everyone!

Well I got my wish! The office will be closed tomorrow and possibly Wednesday since we are about to get hit with some winter storms...which NEVER happens in Myrtle Beach LOL!! So when I got off work DH and I had to go make a deposit at the bank and decided to stock up on a few things we needed...Needless to say I almost spent $100 which is a lot for us because we usually spend $40 here and there LOL...I just wanted to make sure if I got snowed in I would have food to eat :P But luckily I have enough food to last the next week and a half probably. Got home and unpacked everything and took the chicken breasts I bought and put 2 per freezer bag and tossed them in the freezer and got some turkey chili goin on the stove. DH hates turkey chili LOL, but I told him too bad. Either eat it or make a sandwich because I'm not cooking you a separate meal LOL. He has band practice tonight so I have him out of my hair for a little bit...Hopefully the freezing rain doesn't start until after he's home. Myrtle Beach is not equipped to get rid of the ice on the roads.

Silent & Jane Thanks for the advice on the yoga. I figured I probably wouldn't be able to do everything, but not sure how comfortable I feel about not being able to do the moves with a bunch of other people in the room. Maybe I can look up some videos and try them at home to see how I like it before I go to a class.

Erin Your kids are bored?!?! I remember when I was a kid my mom would kick us out of the house and locked it so we couldn't come in until the street lights came on HAHA!! I'd be giving those kids some house work to do!!

Ubee Thanks for the love my dear...Down 16 lbs in 2 weeks ain't bad huh? <3

Larry Great job on fighting the temptation. Breakfast is one of my favorite meals and being southern there is all kinds of good breakfast stuff that we make lol....Full of FAT and MORE FAT....It is hard but great job!! If your waist is getting smaller I would say that is a HUGE NSV!!! Hope you have a great week!
Old 01-27-2014, 08:47 PM   #303  

Oh! Meant to post a link to my new hair cut! I don't know if it will work or not but here it is

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Last edited by SamIAm86; 01-27-2014 at 08:48 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:53 PM   #304  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

I did make a collage today. Thanks for rooting for me, silent!

And thanks, Ubee, for maintaining that I'm strong. My sister would agree with you, actually. She says, "Fi, you're not tough, but you're strong." =laugh=

In other news, I had a cookie today. Just one large cookie, which I ate in a social way: Bob, too, had one large cookie. And I didn't crave more sugar after we were done with our little cookie time. Yay! I think my food patterns have changed enough—as in, I'm binge-free—that now I can have a little bit of joy eating from time to time, if not as much as Brooke Castillo's recommended 10%. For me it will be a very occasional thing. The bulk of my food remains meat, cheese, cream, veggies, and the daily half-a-cup of muesli. I'm not ready yet to try the experiment of strict Atkins without the muesli. The muesli is my comfort food, whether or not it's actually staving off depression.

Bob taught me a useful word today, a word from physics: compactify. Isn't that what we're all doing here, compactifying ourselves? =grin=
Old 01-27-2014, 10:56 PM   #305  
Master(de)bater

S/C/G: 308/296/215

Height: 6'4"

Hi all!

Just a quick personal note.

I didn't exercise much last week, even though I planned to. Friday the scale had me down almost a few more pounds. Sat I took a day off and just ate freely (too freely). Then yesterday I'm up to 302.4 lbs. What?!?

Today - same weight.

I know this has to be water (it's not like I ate 5 lbs of food with 100% absorption but still so frustrating! I was looking forward to moving the ticker.

Anyway, I'm going to learn from this and let it propel me through the week.

Here's to being back on plan! And no more reporting the exercise I am "going" to do, only what I did.

Grrr....
Old 01-27-2014, 11:16 PM   #306  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone. Still getting used to posting at night, but LOTS of posts to read. One of the things I love about this group is that while we all have our ups and downs, we all are able to find the power of the small gains that we are making. WE ROCK!!!!

Fi -- So glad that you are back here after a couple of days gone. And back to doing your art. I know for my sister that art was as necessary for her as breathing. Interesting thoughts on allowing yourself one cookie every once in a while. I agree that 10% would be too much, but I so admire that you (and Larry) are able to have some foods that you love and still control the portions. Thanks for the idea on the spaghetti squash -- that sounds delicious, too.

Sam -- I'm chuckling over everything closing down due to the storm. Just watched the news, and it sounds like a bad one is headed your way, but I remember from my 20+ years in GA and NC that bad weather is not well tolerated. Glad you got to the store -- hope you also bought the requisite break and milk. LOVE you new haircut -- it looks wonderful on you. I took a yoga class and do it at home as well. If you have a good instruction he/she will be able to show you how to do some of the moves in a modified manner.

Larry -- Good for you on resisting all the goodies in the form of portion management. That is so hard to do. You weight stall may be just your body adjusting (this is a Betsy theory as opposed to being based on anything scientific) after all the weight you lost when you started. Like you said, not gaining any back is an achievement in itself.

Terra -- Ubee and I will be happy to let you come visit us if you'll teach us how to actually clean the house instead of finding a way to procrastinate on getting it done -- heck on even starting! I did love that it has to be scheduled around your walks.

Ubee -- Hope your surgery goes well tomorrow. Wish I could be there to bring in a covered dish for you. Yes I wash the outside of my windows mainly because when I built the house I had all tip in windows installed except for the picture windows. Good to know that the pool will be where there are palm trees.

Edo -- Hope you haven't turned into an extra for The Shining with all the horrible weather and being stuck inside. I'm with Ubee. If a kid says that they're bored, I find them work. They amazingly become un-bored (I know that's not a word).

Jane -- Those two pounds will come right off -- probably some water weight. Hope you get a lot done while your BF is gone for the week.

Silent -- Ubee and I will continue to live vicariously through you because your social pace would knock me out for about a week. But it sounds like you had a great weekend, and it certainly brought back great memories of when I could party hearty. You know -- back in the Dark Ages.

Gwynwyn -- Welcome to the group. It's very supportive and friendly. Occasionally, we'll even throw in some dieting tip.

Katt -- Did you get your lino picked out? You might ask them if you can bring home some pieces to put down and see which one you like best. And get big enough pieces. I picked out my flooring based on a little 2X2 square and it turns out that it was much more rustic than I wanted. But it is fun to find new things to decorate.

Went to the gym this morning and am slowly working my way to 20 minutes on the elliptical along with weight training and 20 minutes on the treadmill. Ugh! Then to the Co-op because I hadn't been there for a day. Then home to get the dusting done. Actually used the furniture polish and everything so it took a while to get that done.

On the dieting front, I've been sticking to plan for several days now. Gee, did you all know that if you watch your calories and carbs that you'll lose weight? It's a miracle! Seriously, it feels good to be getting back to healthier eating again. Had haricot verts (the little skinny French whole green beans) for dinner and they were wonderful. So tender. Have a great evening, stay warm just about everyone, and Ubee hope you'll be able to check in very soon.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:14 AM   #307  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

betsy2013 ~ Yes I could teach the two of you to just get the house cleaning done without procrastinate, Thanks for committing on how you like how I have to schedule my cleaning around my walks

Im about to head to bed, Its 11:11 pm here and I have to get up at 7:00 to get ready to go run our errands but I wanted to post one more time today. I hope everyone had a pop day today. Talk to everyone tomorrow, Good night
Old 01-28-2014, 02:49 AM   #308  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

SAM - Love your new cut and style .. bellissima!

BETSY - I did go and choose another lino .. and even a backup one just in case they couldn't get enough of the one I picked lol .. just waiting for them to send me through the quote ... our kitchen flooring has asbestos backing so either we have to pull up the entire floor in the kitchen or we put another floor over the top and then lino it .. so we are going for option too as its more affordable for us. I did think of bringing some home to check which is what we did last year when we were originally looking, but I know the toning I can use .. now I just need to get that down .. then I am removing the cupboard doors at some point to strip and repaint them in my new colours for the kitchen ... still trying to decide what colour to do the walls in the kitchen lol .. little steps at a time as we can afford them .. the biggest expense was the flooring so it will be good to get that out of the way

Had a good day today .. food wise not so much .. still not eating a lot .. haven't even hit 600 calories .. and its not like I don't want to eat more .. well .. ok .. I don't ... so warm here and its hard for me to eat when its too hot ... but I might treat myself to a bowl of ice cream (light of course) to notch up 100 calories or so Tomorrow is another day .. might go out for a coffee with friends .. I have that planned for Thursday .. but Im sure I can convince someone to meet me at Starbucks for a cuppa and a muffin or something lol ..

For those about to CHILL ... please keep safe and warm .. eat lots of things like garlic, onion, lemon, honey .. keep well!
Old 01-28-2014, 11:32 AM   #309  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Fiona Congrats on the cookie! (you know what I mean). When those patterns change, it makes one heck of a difference!

Betsey I'm losing weight now that I'm back at it too. Ain't that amazing?

I completely by accident did my first 24 hour fast yesterday because I kept pushing back going for lunch and didn't eat until supper. I felt good and I drank lots. This morning I was rewarded with the loss of both the water weight and another pound! I got a swim in yesterday, but I'm staying home today to do some work on the house. My office is dead as a doornail this week anyway.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-28-2014, 04:38 PM   #310  

S/C/G: 390/373/250

Height: 6'3" 1/2

Sam - Thanks for that vinaigrette recipe, looking forward to trying it! I've started DDP Yoga DVD's two weeks ago and am really liking it and my back is feeling better. It incorporates traditional yoga with other exercises that are good for burning fat and increasing your flexibility, and it's totally no impact and all the moves are modifiable. Not sure if having a former wrestler as your Yogi would be your cup of tea or not, but it's worked for a lot of people. The only equipment needed is a mat and since you're at home the dog or cat will be the only one looking at you oddly, lol. Check it out!

Larry - Even though it's nice to see a loss on the scale, it's even better to be gaining muscle. Congrats! Now you can enjoy a higher basal metabolic rate.

Gwynwyn - Welcome to the chat!

edoetsch1 - Mmmm BBQ... How can you get bored when you can play so many games and watch so many things inside nowadays?! My dad often tells me how he remembers listening to radio programs with no TV in his early years. It's hard for me to imagine life without the internet, videogames, and DVD sets. *shudder*

-

The weekend was good, I did the cooking for a get together at a friends house because they wanted to try out some Indian and Thai dishes (made spaghetti & meatballs too in case anyone didn't like them). Somehow managed to resist the urge to eat/drink too many calories, though I did treat myself to a piece of garlic bread and a plate of the homemade spaghetti and meatballs.

I ordered a new bigger/taller yoga mat that'll be arriving soon, the only one I could get locally was a woman's sized one and lets just say it isn't working too well, lol. Focusing more on rowing than walking this week for cardio and hitting the weights more.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying continued willpower and success!

Last edited by JPiper; 01-28-2014 at 04:39 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:44 PM   #311  

S/C/G: 353/290/180

Height: 5'11"

So need new scale batteries :-( Oh well going to do my best to continue to try and eat healthfully. Hopefully I can just weigh in on the challenge when I finally get new ones not sure when I'll get around to it I'm not sure our drug store carries that model. Oh well I guess it will be a test of wills if I keep on track even though I can't weigh myself. I like the numbers as motivation darnit!

Jane - Hope you are having a productive week sans boyfriend And glad the water weight fell off for ya :-D

edoe - I'd love more snow days. But we're tough cookies so it takes pretty extreme weather to keep us indoors. Even with all the entertainment I understand "cabin fever" though. Sometimes you just want to be out and about simply... because you know you're not allowed to If it were a regular day she'd probably be content to stay indoors!

Ubee - I can definitely spend more time being a tea totalling book reader. I'm hardly a party animal, I just ocasionally have booked up weekends , most of the time I'm content solo or with afew close friends.

Terra sounds like you're a woman on a mission with all that walking. I just can't seem to find the drive to 'workout' again yet.

Chris - Could be the lack of exercise too, not just the eating. I think you're somes ort of medical professional so I know I don't need to explain it to you. Just remind you, you'll probably drop numbers on the scale the second you get back into your intense workout. I know my numbers are wildly different after days with intense activity vs slothful days. I really DO need to get more active again... just lacking all motivation lately for that.. the coughing REALLY demotivates me

Larry - Good job on surviving the brunch! You are a stronger soul than I!

Fi - Glad the Cookie worked out.

Betsy - I am not one to offer that much truely interesting but I'm glad my portrayal of it on the internet seems spicey enough for you. I'm actually a pretty dull girl

JP congrats too on avoiding eating whilst cooking lots of yummy stuff. That's strength.

Trying to drum up motivation to make something for supper. I'm feeling lazy again. There's that temptation to just grab some convenience food and be slothful for the night. :-| We shall see I have the best intentions of cooking up some quinoa and making some sort of caserole type dish with it. But motivation is waning.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:41 PM   #312  

Well today was a lazy day. Nothing happened with this winter storm until the afternoon so I could have probably gone to work. We are going to be closed tomorrow as well. I will just have to make sure that I get some exercise in tomorrow since I didn't do anything today but mainly rest and sleep, which was nice since I had a very busy weekend. I think TOM has made me feel sluggish.

JP thanks for the advice on the yoga. I've been looking online to find different DVDs and things I can purchase to try. Hope you like the dressing recipe.

Thanks for everyone who said they liked my new hair cut. I am quite pleased with it.

I stayed up till 3 am last night so I'm goinf to try and make it an early night here. Take care all!! Good night! <3
Old 01-28-2014, 10:16 PM   #313  
♥F your beauty standards♥

S/C/G: 395/ 382/ 200

Height: 5'1

Hello everyone!
Old 01-28-2014, 10:22 PM   #314  

S/C/G: 360/221/160

Height: 5' 6"

On plan today, 1,105 calories for today. Started as an unusual day for me. I woke up at noon. Normally I am an early riser. My body must have needed a rest.

My lunch was at a Chinese Buffet but I was able to limit myself to 900 calories. That plus two large Honeycrisp apples tonight is all that I ate today.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:28 PM   #315  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

silentarctic ~ Thanks, Yeah its hard to get back into working out if you havent been doing it in a long time

SamIAm86 ~ I love your new hair cut

CutsieMina ~ Welcome 2 The Chat Thread

Today running our errands was fun and the meeting I went to was fun too. Tomorrow and Thursday Im going to a lunchon for a company, The group I belong to is hosting the lunchon tomorrow and Thursday so thats gonna be fun. Im also gonna make sure I walk tonight before bed, I got some walking in today although I dont know if it counts or not cause I was at Dillions and I was pushing the shopping cart, Does that count? If it doesnt thats okay too I can just walk extra tomorrow when I get home from the lunchon.

Last edited by Terra1984; 01-28-2014 at 10:30 PM.
Closed Thread