Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 11:17 AM   #46  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

ramie, that's awesome. What a great new low. You are doing great.

Nancy I'm glad your feeling better. I hate it when I get sick all of a sudden and it throws me for a loop. Hope your having a good weekend!!

Mapeleaf thats awesome that you lost 3 pounds. Good for you. Great job on the walking. Sounds nice to take a break and just go walk and talk. Good for you!!

Rosebud, I'm sorry your gaining and going through this. I hope it starts to get better for you. It feels so unpersonal (hope that's a word) to talk to you on here when you are going through this. You are in my prayers! hugs **

Sandy, I want to come and live with you. Your always making delicious food. I love to cook, but get worn out since I'm cooking something for me and then something for my husband.. Blah..

I'm happy to say guys that I hit a new low today. I'm finally at 274. I lost 2 pounds this week. It seems like forever that I've lost 2 pounds in a week. So hopefully this will continue to keep happening. I guess as long as I stop screwing up it will keep happening..lol..
I hope everyone has a great Sunday!!
Old 04-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #47  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I am not budging scale wise at all. Usually I fluctuate, but I am in the middle of my first bonafide stall. Very depressing when I wanted to be at 299 for the bachelorette. Maybe the wedding?

Having a nice quiet weekend. Had my nephew spend the night, got a little housework done while my bf was on overtime, as well as watched a movie he didn't want to see, dinner with my mom and today will be a little more housework and finish my book.

Have a great Sunday everyone!
Old 04-07-2013, 07:37 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi,

I haven't been to good at posting but was having a flare up from fibro.

I am divorced, no children. I was in charge of Accounts Receiveable for a large multi-national company until 2000 when I quit to move back to my hometown to care for my Father. He passed away in 2006.

I have worked since 2000 for a small company - with loads of stress as a manager.

Health wise 20 years ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia - not life threatening but crappy to have. Then two years ago I found out my thyroid is failing me...so far I am working with medication to see if I can get it working again. I believe both my fibromyalgia and thyroid problems are all due to stress. I am not good at stress...hold it inside...well, not all of it because now I also break out in a rash on my chest, arms and, best of all, my face when I am excessivly stressed. I know you are all jealous!!!

So besides my weight I have to work on doing more stress relieving things. I love yoga and used to do it faithfully but now I get tired thinking of getting on the floor.

I do try to do crocheting, gardening, scrapbooking and quilting to help with the stress but many times fatigue wins and I nap.

Radiojane here is a "push" to get UNstalled!!

sassyangies congrats on your new low.

Justwant2Bhealthy

I have decided to do the counting calorie way...I don't like it but don't like "other" diets either...so...I think I will feel in more control with this.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:26 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 327/314.5

Height: 5'6

Smile

"Wow" where did the weekend go? It's back to work Monday....blah.

Good morning

The one good thing for me about going to work is, I pack my breakfast and lunch and snack and that's it..and the day goes relatively fast and I don't have to think about what I am going to eat or what more can I eat.

Isles: Thanks for letting us in on your life a little bit. I always like to know who people are and what they have going on in their life besides this site. I forget to go back to the bio page to find someone and whats up with them, but it only gives you a snapshot. I live with a lot of stress too, I take on a lot of stress that I guess I shouldn't, but that is how I am wired, always worried about something. Stress relievers...I think coming here helps me, because here...I feel focused on me and people who are like me. No one here wants something from me other than what I am willing to give. I like this place and all the people here.
So my advice...keep coming here!!!

Radiojane: Sounds like you had a nice weekend. What did you see for a movie? Read for a book?

Sassyangies: You can come live me and I'll cook for you. I love to cook. I love to make new recipes and have them come out yummers. I try to pick recipes that don't take a lot of time either because by the time I get home from work it's 5pm and by 8 or 8:30 I am ready for bed. My daughter who is 15 doesn't eat most of what we eat though...very pick child. Barely eats any meats..other than eggs...and veggies may as well be a 4 letter word. So it's a lot of soup, pasta, eggs, cereal for her. Oh and the hubby thing, I don't like to share this place with mine either. This is MY space! So I know where you're coming from.

dgramie: Way to rock the scale!!

Nancy: I'd love to do a bellydance class....that would be the joke of my small town let me tell ya. Congrat's for doing it!! Sorry you missed your class and hope your better now.

Mapleleaf: My chicken chili ended up being not bad at all. I don't like super hot...and this wasn't. It was somewhere between mild and spicy...doable. I still prefer white chicken chili. Way to go on 3 lbs lost and the walking.

My weekend went good. Saturday I waited for my sister in law to get out of work to go shopping with her and one of my friends..they kept delaying the time and I had cards to play in the afternoon. So, when the last text came it said that 2 others were going too...and I had had it...I said I will go myself. I didn't want to be squished in the backseat with two other good size women! And it was getting close to noon and I needed to be home by 3. I was mad and upset. I was starving after Walmart and I pulled in to KFC but I didn't do it, I got to the order thing and said "sorry, guess I changed my mind" Then I went to McDonalds and got the new chicken wrap...320 calories plus an unsweeted tea....I rocked that emotional trip! Yahoo for me. Sunday I went with another friend to a different town to hit SAMS club (big box bulk buy store) Got some nice fruits and veggies and a huge bag of almonds for 10.00 that needs to be separated into portions. Much cheaper than the 100 calorie pre packed packages.

Ok, got to get my butt moving...have a wonderful day everyone.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:46 AM   #50  
Starting over sucks.

Isles I'm actually going to my very first yoga class tonight, at the behest of my friend. I'm very nervous about doing it in public, but I've always wanted to try it.

Sandy I watched "Judgement at Nuremburg", which is a 50 year old movie, but really really good. I'd read a biography of one of the stars, and it talked about what a well done movie it was, so I went looking for a copy. I read "Island of the Sequined Love Nun" By Christopher Moore. Very funny fiction. I highly recommend him as an author.

No budge on the scale today again, but I made my swim count. I didn't get to bed early enough so I'm a little sleepy today.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 390/390/199

Height: 5'8

Hi everyone!

I hope that you all are doing great. Today, my scale was up but I wasn't surprised TOM is coming next week, so usually I start bloating 7 to 10 days before. I have PCOS and killer periods! I made the mistake of over committing myself at work, and I am going to be paying for it this week. It is going to be one long and exhausting week.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:46 PM   #52  
the muse of memory

Thanks to all for the congrats! I'm very pleased.

Jane - it is supersweet of you to give your nephew an 'experience' like that so he doesn't feel left out. The tent sounds adorable and I hope you had a great weekend with the nephew! Really sorry that you are dealing with such a long stall, they can be VERY trying, but at least you'll feel extra triumphant when you conquer it (as I know you will).

workinghardatlosing - coming up with meal ideas can be the toughest thing. I cook just for myself so I do a lot of meal prep on the weekends, and then have leftovers a fair amount during the week. I have a few fast ideas, but I'm vegetarian so I'm not sure if they would work for you or not!

Thankee elvislover! The smileys are all adorable, too.

Devon - hah, awesome. I might even pick up his album. I have a bunch of family birthdays coming up so I need to wait until my brother tells me what he wants before I start buying (much) stuff for myself again. And hah, I'm so proud of you for getting back into the whole work-out thing. That's great!

Also: yes, I DO feel like that sometimes. I am still overweight and I will be overweight even when I make it to 199. Living inside rather than outside your body, it can be harder to see the changes until you have visual, physical evidence of them. But on the whole I'm really pleased and proud, so it is okay overall.

sandy - hah, I am not a 'hot food' person either, I always have to moderate those recipes a bit! I'm really proud of your for making it through your trying day and finding a healthy option when you needed one, though. Those moments can be the toughest we face, I think. When you are just drained, congrats on the fortitude!

Rosebud - Awww. Thank you! I hope you turned the corner during the weekend and are feeling better now. My mom also had weird responses to chemo - benadryl makes her restless and the steroids made her swell up! Your courage is really infectious, though.

MapleLeaf - I have a hard time keeping up with exercise when I am working late, but your plan with the walk with a friend is really smart and a great way to break up the day. Congrats! And congrats on the loss: that's amazing.

Nancy - thank you! Glad your one-day bug was just one day. I've had the same sensation of shock at the sight of myself in pictures. We just don't have that sense of our bodies, at least outside f the body we inhabit. So strange. Hopefully you'll get back to bellydancing this week!

sassyangies - I think we all need something that is ours, I get why you want some privacy. This is a different journey and not necessarily the thoughts and struggles you share with hubby. CONGRATS ON THE NEW LOW. That's brilliant.

dgramie - hah. Awesome on the pansies. It was warm here this weekend, too. I cut back my roses and perennial grasses and did a bunch of yard work, including mowing the grass. Mostly the weeds, the grass hasn't grown much yet! I have pansies, violas, daffodils (yellow, white and mini), primroses, grape hyacinths, anemones, and tulips in bloom in my yard. In addition to four different kinds of weeds.

Pictures, if anyone is interested in garden pictures, are here:

http://elizavieta.tumblr.com/

Hey, Isles - have you tried Tai Chi for stress? I read that it is REALLY good for your joints, and I don't think it requires you to get on the floor.

Last edited by mnemosyne; 04-08-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:30 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 408/345.2/150

Height: 5'6"

Does anyone know, will stress cause weight gain?
Old 04-09-2013, 07:36 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning...

RadioJane how was I love the stretching with yoga...and need to do it daily...but like a lot of things it doesn't always get scheduled into my day.

mnemosyne, I did years ago but not lately.

Right now I am in love with the leg press machine....I hurt all the while I do it but I can tell my legs get much stronger when I continually do those.

Later...gotta get working..

Old 04-09-2013, 08:01 AM   #55  

Height: 5'7"

mnem- your flowers are beautiful, my easter flowers didnt bloom this year. I think they got mowed last year to early. My bluebells are up but not blooming yet. I have pansies coming up in my yard and I keep digging them and putting them in a pot. LOL

Thank you for the prayers concering my sister the past few years. SHe is now CANCER FREE!!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:21 AM   #56  
the muse of memory

Patti - well, eating more calories than you consume will cause weight gain. Stress can probably cause temporary disruptions in weight loss if it makes you retain water, or if you stress-eat it can lead to weight gain. So the answer is: sort-of!

Jane - I have never done yoga, but have been interested. Looking forward to hearing how your class went!

Isles - hah, I feel that way about leg lifts in my weight lifting videos. It HURTS but I can really feel myself getting stronger.

dgramie - well it was also so cold in March! The forsythia in my town usually blooms in early March, but it is just now in bloom. Actually, I noticed late last week a bunch of forsythia was just starting to bud, and now so much of it is in full bloom.

And wow: how amazing for your sister. You guys must be feeling so great right now! Congrats!

--

Here is another NSV: last night I went out with a bunch of people for drinks / a late dinner. It was nice so we wanted to sit outside. I looked at the metal chairs they had outside and was concerned that I was not going to fit. I know I wouldn't've fit a year ago! Anyway, I fit just fine. I need to readjust my eye to remember that I will fit most places now. Had a good time, nursed my one beer while everyone else drank a couple-three, ate a salad while they had deep fried things. I did have two slices of deep fried pickles, though.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:51 AM   #57  
VSG'er 01/08/13

S/C/G: 339.95/220/190

Height: 5'10"

Sorry all... I've been lax about posting as things have been a real zoo around here lately... no excuses but just an explanation. I pop in and read on my cell but I don't post from it... As is I have very limited time online today but wanted to share.

This is something I threw together Sunday night.

Shell
Old 04-09-2013, 11:34 AM   #58  
Starting over sucks.

Patti I agree.... if stress leads you to eat or hold water, then yes. Stress itself won't rocket on the pounds

dgramie You have flowers already? Lucky. It's -15C today here. Apparently the coldest April 9th on record for our area ever. Winter isn't going away!

Cuter Wow! You look amazing! Awesome progress!

As for I can't believe I went. I came close to bailing like six times. TOM started yesterday so I was feeling crappy, then when I was on my way there my brother called and invited me to come eat out with him and my nephews.... and it was tempting, but I went. I was the biggest person there (which I usually am), and I expected to spend a good amount of the time just watching. BUT With the exception of the plank, which I had to modify, and a little trouble getting in to downward dog, I was able to do almost all the poses as well or better than most of the class!!! The only real discomfort was at the end in corpse pose, mostly because I'm still carrying so much weight in my core that it was hard on my lower back, but I just raised my knees.

This is a HUGE victory for me. First of all to take a fitness class publicly and not one on one, and secondly, to have concrete proof that what I've been doing is paying off. I'm not going to be "skinny fat" and in the same poor condition I was at 450 lbs. My swimming is paying off. I went with my skinny best friend, and I had more range of motion than her. I am so proud of myself. This was a HUGE NSV! Looking forward to next class!

Scale is up 2.3 today, but that's TOM and muscle soreness (I am a little tender today).
Old 04-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #59  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Hey gals. Hope everyone is doing great!!

Jane, that is so awesome that you went to Yoga.. Sounds like you did great and you should be proud of yourself. That is so awesome!!

Cuter, Looking good! Keep up the good work.

Workinghard, I hope the scale moves for you soon. Maybe after TOM.. I know TOM can really screw things up. Wait it out the scale will start moving again.

Sandy I feel the same way about work. I feel like I don't have to think about food as much as I do at home. Now granted I work at a grocery store and see food all day, but it doesn't bother me as much as it helps me find new things to eat. I would love to come stay with you.. hehe.. for a little cooking vacation. Seems like you really have fun make food. I need some of that mojo.

Well, today I am at 273. This will be for the second day and Im so happy about it. I thought I was never going to budge and it seemed like when I went off my plan for a day or so it helped me out allot. So I'm happy.. I'm gonna chill today and do some laundry!
Old 04-09-2013, 05:35 PM   #60  
Getting smaller everyday

S/C/G: HW: 393/IP: 347/CW: 198/GW:175

Height: 5'6

cuter -- You look amazing! You're so pretty. You're one of those people that carry their weight really well anyway. You look great! Can't wait to see you in a couple months.

Jane -- That's absolutely great! Normally when I'm the biggest person around (which is almost always) it makes me very uncomfortable to actually be able to do something like that. Glad you were able to power through! You show them!

sassy -- YAY!! Happy for you.

I'm doing really well staying on point. Weekends are the hardest for me because I constantly want to eat when I'm not at work but I'm glad to say that I didn't really overeat. I was upset because the scale jumped Sunday because of water weight. Got back on plan yesterday did my exercise and what do you know it's a lower weight. lolol...Seriously it's crazy how my weight will go down if I'm on plan...and yet that somehow doesn't encourage me to stay on.

My mind is so messed up over food. I'm trying to overcome it. Just like last night...I allowed myself to have a snack size bag of chips because I still had calories left. After that I wanted a fruit bar. It would've still been within my calories but I didn't need it and I don't even think I was hungry. It was just there and so I wanted to go for it. I turned off my laptop and went to bed without eating it. Small steps.
Closed Thread