Old 07-29-2012, 08:24 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 357/see tracker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everybody

NewJourney--Living 75 miles away from the man you kicked to the curb is a very positive thing. On those days when you're feeling your worst about his new Missus you just have to remember that there is a reason you dumped his er...heiney. No--it doesn't matter any faults that you think you had that contributed to the marriage break up--in this situation personal growth is a hindrance so it's all his fault!

I hope that helps a little.

Now you have 90 lbs. to lose and you have come to the right place for support. The people here are awesome and they understand what you are going through. It's going to be okay and you will be able to do this thing that seems like it's so overwhelming...I know you will.

Lost--please don't be offended, but I couldn't help but LOL when I read about the movie incident. I know that you must have been mortified, but it's something awful that you see happen to someone in a movie and I couldn't help it. At least tell me that the movie you saw when that happened was good.

I swear that I live in stretch pants now because I refuse to buy jeans or fitted pants for my fat butt...And the reason I do that is so that I can avoid situations like you had to suffer through.

I have to go...I'll try to come back and talk more later. Have a great day everyone....

Vicki
dolfingirl2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:20 PM   #17  
Get through today

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostbutstilltrying View Post
BellaHTH - love your icon, reminds of dr who and rose! - and i agree it is a good quote
Thank you! I don't remember where I found it, just thought it reminded me of my life (my boyfriend considers himself a "geek" and he kinda looks like that)

How are you doing today? I hope things I looking better
BellaHTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:29 PM   #18  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Don't ever be embarrassed! The important thing is to come back here for support and keep trying.

Never give up!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:50 PM   #19  
VSG'er 01/08/13

S/C/G: 339.95/220/190

Height: 5'10"

Well heck.. Here I was... Feeling all pouty and trying to figure out how I would own up to my own silliness and it looks like my arse is not alone. LITERALLY!

So here goes...

Hi. My name is Shelley. And my arse is addicted to moving up to the next size of pants up from what it is provided.

I will even own up to eating pasta, and bread (which I know is not a friend of anything on me but my arse).

I will admit I fell into my worst trap again. Things go silly with something health wise and I let the excuse of not being able to be active go without adjusting my eating habits. In reality there is more to it then that but I can at least say that SOME of my regain was/is NOT my fault (Who knew a woman's breasts could spontaneously grow 600cc's worth of volume in 13 days?! Or that each 50mg of prednizone = 4-5 lbs of steroid gain for me...), but most is all mine.

Clearly I know how to exercise to take it off. I know how to eat to take it off and keep it off for a time... I just realize that at this point I need to find a way to stop allowing myself to bugger it up when I get part way there.

I want to do that BEFORE I set a new high point. *cringe*

Anyway... I just wanted to post here because in this thread. It looks like I am not alone.

Shell

P.S. I already edited my ticker, and my side numbers. I felt it was important for me to own my own stuff.

Last edited by Cuter w Curves; 07-31-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Cuter w Curves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:52 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 330/296/175

Height: 5'8

Lostbutstilltrying.....(that says it all sister) You are not a failure until you fail to try!!!!
You are going to do this!! Look at your already 41 lb loss.... that's nothing to scoff at...THAT'S QUITE AN ACCOMPLISHMENT ..... You've got this......Im here to do it with you..
.you can and you will!!!
uniquelyme330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:36 AM   #21  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Height: 5'5"

Cuter w Curves, uniquelyme330, newjourney2012, Tai, BellaHTH, NotTheCheat, dolfingirl2000 and EVERBODY!!!! YOU SHOULD ALL KNOW HOW WONDERFUL YOU ARE!! seriously ! i felt terrible to have gained weight and alone with my trials - but you all make it possible to go on! We are not alone, the people here understand and i am so thankful for all of you
lostbutstilltrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:39 PM   #22  
VSG'er 01/08/13

Right back at you lostbutstilltrying!

Honestly... I know we can all do it. No matter how we get there. At the end of the day the fact that we all keep trying and coming back to it means we will be as healthy as we are able to. I have to believe that.

*BIG GROUP HUGS!*
Old 08-04-2012, 09:19 PM   #23  
2Hot2BFat

S/C/G: 368/344/150

Height: 5'7.5"

I'm new again too. I've been on 3FC since I was 33, hence my nickname. Now I'm 39!! Doh!! I lost 60 pounds in 2010 and felt fantastic!! But, for reasons I don't know, I gained it back and then some. We are back on track and that is ALL that matters!! Woot woot! Welcome back!!!
Megan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:38 AM   #24  
VSG'er 01/08/13

Well... Glad to see you back on track Megan! And Welcome back right back at you!
Old 08-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #25  
aka Karen

S/C/G: 299/293.5/175

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy Last post 1/08 Starting Over...I guess

Been a while and I'm back to what I think is probably my starting weight when I joined last time. Pretty sure I'm hovering around the 300 mark. I will weigh myself tomorrow, yippee! I have next to zero motivation, except for the fact that I hate the way I look and feel. I was so athletic when I was a kid, my body could do anything, now I'm a giant blob of smelly blubber...geez, you would think that, that would be motivation enough, right? Caught a glimpse of myself eating dinner the other day in the mirror of an old antique mirror we were moving and felt internally sick to myself. It almost feels like I just don't care about anything anymore, it just gets to be too painful, life in general. Oh well, hopefully I'll snap out of this funk and begin another weight loss journey. (Tracker is wrong!)
Breathless in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:55 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

I am back too. I need encouragement to get exercising again. I went through a divorce then had a knee surgery, then had a hernia surgery and now I am ready to start moving again. Help. Help. Help. It has been a couple years but I only fluxuated 10-15 lbs. changed ticker to current weight so I must not have done so bad. just not much exercise. I did great when I exercised before. I was up to 3-6 miles a day walking and 10 miles on my bicycle. then knee went out. So getting back moving. missed everyone here.
worthapenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:26 AM   #27  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Hey ladies...we think we have got our s*hit into 1 sock and life throws us a pile of poop to contend with!
Last time I lost weight I trained for a 100km trek then broke my leg on the last day! Then I had to extricate myself from a very destructive relationship the fall out from which still goes on.I put all the weight ( and then some) back on and found myself nearly 370lbs at my biggest and not wanting to buy a dress to marry my wonderful husband as I was too ashamed to wear a size 28.
I check in here 1 or 2 a day as it keeps me focused.
Thanks for experiencing the same as me...it makes me feel much less lonely.
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:58 PM   #28  
the muse of memory

The I've done this before and am back again thing resonates for me, too. When I first signed up (years ago, as you can see by my name) I lost down to about 280. Along came holidays, hobbies, and an endless round of excuses that saw me regain nearly all (though not all) of the weight lost.

Since then, I've had periods of weight loss, which got me down to 330 lbs at the lowest, but often gained that lost weight back to varying degrees.

This is the lowest weight I've been since whenever I was last active on the site. I have pulled out all the old clothes I have had mothballed in the closet. And this time the weight loss has included both gradual periods of maintenance and longer periods of sustained loss.

Here's the thing: I used to smoke, in my 20s. Started with clove cigarettes at concerts and bars, and moved on to regularly smoking plain old cigarettes. I quit smoking several times, once for a year or more before starting again. But, finally, I quit for good. Maybe all the first go-rounds were like training runs; flight-simulators for would-be pilots. Is there anyone, anywhere, who gets good at anything without practicing? So, all those other times? Just practice. Practice makes perfect.
mnemosyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:26 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 353/340/299 (for now)

Height: 5'5"

Well I guess I should stop lurking too as im back to try yet again as well. I guess as long as we keep trying, we can eventually make it!
Dreamgyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:31 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

okay ladies, we WILL all do this, this time. I need to. Hugs
worthapenny is offline   Reply With Quote