Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 06:55 AM   #376  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

positive thought: "Distance yourself from the negative and gravitate towards the positive".

Positive action: going to surf the job forums for jobs that I can apply for.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:36 AM   #377  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

Honey,glad you're back and glad you're well 4 lbs is not bad at all for what you went through.You're keeping everything in check so that great!!

Lynnie,getting out,having something to do will really help.Hope you get the job

Laura,we all have those days but you're an over-comer and will fight your way through.Stay strong

Ags,glad the spots are clearing up.About 3 years ago,I had spots all over my legs,arms, spent the night w/mother(in her bed) and guess my pours leaked too cause she said she noticed it.Found out i was diabetic.When i learn to eat healthier (and doctors medicine) they faded.
Learning to lead a healthy life style will solve all our health problem Thanks!

Learn,glad the Doctor was pleased with your weight loss great you have a good doctor Thanks!

Ms.T,you're doing great!!!

My positive is i did an hour of Zumba last night and it's was so much fun. getting back in the groove of Curves is nice.Even though jogging/walking took the weight off,i want to tone up now and do something different for a change.

Last edited by OnaMi; 06-07-2011 at 10:37 AM.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:43 AM   #378  
Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnaMi View Post
Honey,glad you're back and glad you're well 4 lbs is not bad at all for what you went through.You're keeping everything in check so that great!!

Lynnie,getting out,having something to do will really help.Hope you get the job

Laura,we all have those days but you're an over-comer and will fight your way through.Stay strong

Ags,glad the spots are clearing up.About 3 years ago,I had spots all over my legs,arms, spent the night w/mother(in her bed) and guess my pours leaked too cause she said she noticed it.Found out i was diabetic.When i learn to eat healthier (and doctors medicine) they faded.
Learning to lead a healthy life style will solve all our health problem Thanks!

Learn,glad the Doctor was pleased with your weight loss great you have a good doctor Thanks!

Ms.T,you're doing great!!!

My positive is i did an hour of Zumba last night and it's was so much fun. getting back in the groove of Curves is nice.Even though jogging/walking took the weight off,i want to tone up now and do something different for a change.
Ona,
I hear everybody talking about doing Zumba. I took alook at it and said I aint doing that yet... key word YET

Lynn
Old 06-07-2011, 10:49 AM   #379  
Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningtoliveagain View Post
Good Morning Weasels!
O.K. Let me get to business!

Lynn- I think a job would make a world of difference for you. It'll get you out of the house and away from the stress you call a BIL. Good luck to you.

Ona- It always makes my day to see you post. Thank you for that. Now up those calories and make your body start losing again.

HoneyBee- I just reread your post and it's amazing that you only gained 4 lbs. I gain that overnight and if I was stuck in the hospital and unable to exercise I shiver to think how much I would have gained.
So glad to have you back home where you belong.

Laura- Have you reframed your mind and tossed out your snit? I hope you have a wonderful day.

Ags- So glad the blotches are fading. Now let's concentrate on patching that leak. That didn't sound right, but you know what I mean. Now rest, take your meds and POP it Head Weasel (Weaselette).

MrsTee- No not diabetic, although I was when I was pregnant with my son. My last doctor said I was pre-diabetic and lab results showed my sugar a bit too high. This time I am happy to say the levels are normal, and aside from low vitamin D all my numbers looked good.
Now on to Day 8 POP, POP, POP!!!

Don't mean to sound over confident, but as usual I was POP yesterday. It's just a way of life for me now and if I have a day that I crave it's usually planned. I find if I take care of these cravings by working them into my meal plan for the day I don't get that deprived feeling and give up burying my head in a big bag of Ruffles potato chips. I will not live my life with the feeling of doom because I can never have certain things again for the rest of my life.

Now about my doctors visit...
Good News first!
All my numbers looked good. Doctor was very pleased with my weight loss for the past 30 days. She's really happy about my attitude towards losing the weight and getting healthy. She even wants me to come in every 6 weeks to weight in.

Not so good news!
She's concerned with my heart. She says it's beating way too fast. I am now taking a new med for my heart to slow it down. I go back in a week for an EKG and a breathing test. She asked if I had ever had an EKG and I told here yes, several times. I then told her that I've had 2 EKG's (several years apart) come back showing that I had had a heart attack, but after having an ultra-sound I heard nothing, so I assumed all came out O.K. This is where the cute and tiny little indian doctor exploded with anger. She couldn't believe that after 2 abnormal EKG's I wasn't set up with a cardiologist. This is where the cool, calm and collected patient know to you as Learn said, "This is exactly why I came to you!"
So she will be doing the EKG herself. I'm anxious to see how it comes out.

O.K. ladies, stick a fork in me because I think I'm done. I'm outa here, adios, arrivederci, aloha, au revoir!
Have an awesome Weasel Pop day!

Learn
Everytime I go to see my cardiologist they do an EKG!! Its good that she wants you to see one. I hope your EKG turns out ok.

Lynn
Old 06-07-2011, 12:15 PM   #380  
One Day At A Time

It's not so bad Lynnie,you can go at your pace.You don't/didn't like to dance w/your husband? I always liked to dance Just put on so music and move,it feel great.you'll try it soon

Last edited by OnaMi; 06-07-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:17 PM   #381  
Divine

Quote:
It's not so bad Lynnie,you can go at your pace.You don't/didn't like to dance w/your husband? I always liked to dance Just put on so music and move,it feel great.you'll try it soon
i do little sexy dances for him and jiggle my butt....lmao thats about all for right now
Old 06-07-2011, 07:34 PM   #382  

Morning all!
OK - what is ZUMBA???? Lots of you ladies have Wii? My sons have one too, but I've never thought to use it...

Learn, fingers crossed for your EKG and every pound you lose helps the ol' ticker. I am on heart medication too, for Atrial Fibulation - very scary time when your heart doesn't beat right.
Last time I was in hospital I got the rudest nurse I have ever had, who kept reminding me that I was so overweight I was not allowed to sit in the chair, or use the toilet - as they were only rated to 100kg ( 220 lbs). She got me a special re-enforced seat thing that sat above the regular toilet. I just moved it, I thought I've been using a toilet for a while now, am yet to break one!!!!!!!!!

But, like a lot of us, I remember the incident with a lot of embarrassment....

SO, if ( and when as AF reoccurs randomly) I have to go back I WILL BE HEALTHIER AND THINNER!
Old 06-08-2011, 06:29 AM   #383  

Let's get this party started!
Happy Wednesday Weasels!

Ags- Did not get my Ags fix yesterday. Where you at?

Ona- Are you gonna become our next Zumba Queen? Dance on Ona!

Lynn- Everybody, get on the floor, let's dance.
Don't fight your feelings, give yourself a chance.

Shake, Shake, Shake
Shake, Shake, Shake
Shake you booty, Shake your booty!

MrsTee- ZUMBA is just a whole lot of shakin' and groovin' to very popular and motivational music. It burns a lot of calories and gets a good sweat going. I have never done it myself, but it does look like a lot of fun.

Another POP day for this Weaselette. Other then that a somewhat uneventful day yesterday and more then likely today will be the same. May do some experimenting in the kitchen on some low carb BBQ sauces and a marinara sauce. Getting too hot out to do anything but exercise in the pool.

That is all for me. I hope everyone has a Wonderful Weaselette Wednesday!

Learn
Old 06-08-2011, 08:56 AM   #384  
Divine

positive thought: needs to do what needs to be done. Change is hard. You fight to hold on and you fight to let go... in the end, we all know change is needed for you to grow.

Positive action: Well the temp is supposed to be in the lower 90s today with the heat index of 105; so I will be in the house in the AC reading and relaxing so my asthma doesn't act up today. I got a job babysitting for my neighbor from 8:30 to about 2. It will give me a couple of dollars a week to save for christmas and moving out of my brother in laws house.

Lynn
Old 06-08-2011, 10:07 AM   #385  
One Day At A Time

nah Learn,I plan to do it just 3 days a week cause I still jog/walk everyday but it's fun.Enjoy the experimenting!

Ms T,Learn explained it very well Just dancing really

Congrats on the job Lynnie ..this heat i have to exercise early cause of the heat but still it's 75' @ 7:30 am so..

My positive for today... I'm happy about where my mind is at today.Mentally focused on the task at hand.

Last edited by OnaMi; 06-08-2011 at 10:09 AM.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:12 AM   #386  
Divine

Quote:
nah Learn,I plan to do it just 3 days a week cause I still jog/walk everyday but it's fun.Enjoy the experimenting!

Ms T,Learn explained it very well Just dancing really

Congrats on the job Lynnie ..this heat i have to exercise early cause of the heat but still it's 75' @ 7:30 am so..

My positive for today... I'm happy about where my mind is at today.Mentally focused on the task at hand.
Ona,
I am going to start getting up at 6:30 am to beat the heat for my walk. I am glad you are happy today

Lynn
Old 06-08-2011, 03:01 PM   #387  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

All right. I'm back and in a better mood now.
I just get so angry with myself sometimes, but I've blogged it out, and now that I am back into the POP groove, I am here.

My positive is that I have a function to go to tonight, and I have planned ahead. I've phoned the kitchen and placed a special OP order so I won't cheat.

I hope everyone is doing well. I've been checking in, just not poisoning you all with my grumpiness by posting. Have a wonderful Wednesday Weasels!
Old 06-08-2011, 05:22 PM   #388  
Reclaiming control!

S/C/G: 337/siggy/185

Height: 5'11

Happy Hump Day!

Hello everyone, thanks so much for the well wishes.

My positive for today is that I'm able to check in with all of you! My positive for yesterday is that for the first time in 2 months I was able to go to my aquafit class! Boy, what a difference 2 months of not working out can make... lol.

You know, I've been sitting here today thinking and I was inspired to remember that i know the type of lifestyle that I want, I know the quality of life that I desire... so all I need to do is just work hard to make that happen.

it's a simple thought that we all experience, but today it was particularly encouraging to me. Weight loss is a lifelong struggle for many of us. But we can certainly do it!
Old 06-08-2011, 05:34 PM   #389  
Reclaiming control!

S/C/G: 337/siggy/185

Height: 5'11

Ok, to some personals:

Laura - glad that you were able to feel a positive difference in your mood. Good for you for planning ahead in regards to the function that you are going to!

Lynn - Congratulations on getting your job! It's always nice to have some extra money, especially when you desire to move.

Learn - our POP Star! you go girl! It seems that you've had a nice weight loss recently. Mind updating me on it? Good for you for rocking! Best wishes and lots of positively optimistic prayers (POP) for you when you get your EKG!

MrsTee - how Rude of that one nurse that you had before. Your positive energy is really radiating through your post! Nice to meet you!

Ona - hey Ona! So good to see that you are doing ok! You are just doing simply fantastic!

Ags - how are you doing my dear? Thank you so much for the sweet, sweet, welcome back!

Last edited by MyBodyisMyTemple; 06-08-2011 at 05:39 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:59 PM   #390  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone, I realize I have a pretty negative and fearful attitude and that is something it would benefit me to change ........ I need to feel positive about the things I accomplish little or not and not focus so much on the negative....

Some days that's easy and other days, not so much .... I am hard pressed to feel positive about today, but here goes:

positive thing: I did Yoga for the first time and I did it for 5 minutes

its a start, I'll keep tuning in and hope you all's positive attitude rubs off
Closed Thread