Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 07:46 PM   #361  

Welcome to Monday Weaselettes!

Sounds like everyone is hitting the shops! Must be a good sign; I only shop for clothes when I am feeling good about myself....so a bit of improved self image out there????
I am fitting ( finally ) into some jeans I bought over a year ago - well, the larger pair, I have another pair I bought without trying on, and have worn once... they are my next NSV.

I have a new NSV to work towards regarding clothes - I am a quite an elite level sports coach, and we all got a new coaching uniform this season and (no surprise...) the shirt is too tight around the hips. We have another 6 rounds of competition then the first semi final. Currently I am wearing my shirt open like a jacket over a t shirt - I'd like to wear the shirt buttoned up for that match ( like all the other ladies...) so 6 and a half weeks to get that happening!! If I manage it I'll post a picture....

Ags - sleep and heal!!! What a great deal....you need to stop trying to impersonate Lobster Woman...stick with being a weasel...

MRs T
Old 06-05-2011, 08:16 PM   #362  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hey Cake,
It is so exciting that you are doing classes and expanding your horzions, that is way awesome kiddo!!!!!!
It seems everyone here is going on a shopping spree, I am happy for ya all. I think you and your hubby are two smart characters, I think daddy and I will follow your lead on the cable, 200.00 a month is ridiculous, no more movies channels for us either, NetFlix it shall be.
Great job on another pound gone bye bye and staying Pop, you little weasel you!!!!!

Mrs T,
Hot dang, fitting into old but yet jeans, you go girl and you will be in the next pair before you blink real good. Now you have got six and a half weeks for that shirt to button, so keep on Poppin Weasie and you will be buttoning in no time flat.
You are right, I cannot have Lobster Woman as my ideal.......running for cover and shade as we speak. lol lol

Daddy cooked amazing dinner this evening, baked chicken with a homemade bbq sauce and he made it low sodium for me and even less fat by using boneless skinless chicken tighs and even poured off any accumulated grease in the bottom of the pan. It was so good and he made me a side salad and I choose only to use rice wine vinegar on it as my dressing. Now how POP was that!!!!!! Awwwww, my daddy loves me.

Alright now, Ags is leaving the building,
hugs love and blessings,
and I have made every moment count today,
Love ya,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 06-05-2011 at 08:23 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:41 AM   #363  

Happy Monday Weasels!
Let's see, who should I start with first on personals. This is where Learn reaches into her hat and draws out a name. And the winner is..............

Cake- WOW!!! You got a whole lot a stuff going on. All in all super POSITIVES though.

Ags- Please tell me your feeling better, I'm worried about you. I know things are tough with your hubby not working right now, but I'm so glad he's there to care for you.

MrsTee- Such a wonderful feeling when clothes fit finally. Sometimes when the scale doesn't move as fast or as much as we'd like a good NSV is what we need. CONGRATULATIONS!

Lynn- How was the walk? Hope the weather cooperated. Chicken for you also, sunday must be roasted chicken day. I think I'll join the club, sounds yummy.

I had a good POP day yesterday in both eating and exercising. Since the A/C is finally working in my jeep my hubby, son and I went for drive to nowhere in particular. It was nice to get the heck outta Dodge for several hours. Next trip outta Dodge is only 24 days away. The drive made me realize though that I must update my CD collection for traveling. Gotta get some new tunes to make the trip more enjoyable.
Got a follow up doctors appointment this morning, so I'm looking forward to hearing more about my lab results. I've been really working on my sugar levels and cholesterol and hope to hear they are down.

Well that's it girl weasels. Wishing everyone a POP POP day.

Learn
Old 06-06-2011, 08:47 AM   #364  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

positive thought: There is a choice you make in everything you do, and in the end, the choice you make, MAKES YOU. We all are the sum of the choices each of us has made.

positive action: I am going to relax today and spend some time with the husband and watch the world go by.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:31 AM   #365  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

everybody! checking in to see what's up with everyone and you guys are doing great

Ms.T,Thanks..sorry i didn't get back to you about my picture.It was posted in part 13 of the Positivity thread,around dec.26..I tired to find it but couldn't.When i reach goal I'll post some more. I need to learn how to post pictures on my own

Lynnie,glad you had a good time shopping.I'm enjoying shopping so much more now

Ags,that dinner your DH made sounded great!

Learn,what a great NSV about your shoes you're doing great I read awhile back where you said that you're adjusting w/eating low carb and that's great you're finding things/making things that fit into your lifestyle and that makes it so much easier to maintain and really after a while (at least for me) it's like eatting healthy(not wanting so much food cause you get fuller quicker) is the thing you know

My positive for today..Focusing to get 'er done I haven't been eating enough to lose cause I'm tired of eating all the time.I see i can maintain my weight which is great and I'm not in a hurray but i just want to get to 180 now and cruise to where i want to be.

Even though 180 has always been a dream weight for me to be, I've decided I'm not gonna stop trying to lose until i can look in the mirror and like what i see.I'm thinking another 20 or 30 lbs around my stomach area and I'll be happy so I've given myself til Dec 18 2011 to get there(my anniversary) in which i can always say,for 2 years i fought hard to Change my lifestyle everyday!

Have a great day everyone

Last edited by OnaMi; 06-06-2011 at 10:56 AM.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:59 AM   #366  
Reclaiming control!

S/C/G: 337/siggy/185

Height: 5'11

Hi there!!

Gosh it feels so good to be back on here.

My positive for the day is that I am feeling pretty darn good today, and I am able to chat with all of you!

Quick update: I have been in the hospital for the past 2 months (which is why I have been gone), and am doing much better.

As for my weight loss, well I gained 4 lbs, but that's ok due to the circumstances. At last check in before I left here I was around 298, however my scale was wrong and I was actually at 305. That's ok though. I have a new scale to help measure and I am ready to get back into the swing of things.

Happy Monday all.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:32 PM   #367  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning All!

I'm really not in a super positive mood today, unless you count being positively pi$$ed off!
I'm in no mood for personals, sorry all. I'm glad I read thru them all - sounds like you are all doing good work.

Obviously, I'm in a snit. I'll work thru it and come back later in a better frame of mind.
Love all you weasels - keep up the good work.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:35 PM   #368  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBodyisMyTemple View Post
Hi there!!
Quick update: I have been in the hospital for the past 2 months (which is why I have been gone), and am doing much better.

Happy Monday all.
Welcome back HoneyBee! I've missed you. Wow! Two months in the hospital, I hope everything is O.K. Look forward to reconecting with you.

Learn
Old 06-06-2011, 12:39 PM   #369  

O.K. I can take Ona off the M.I.A. list now. Missed you girlfriend!
Old 06-06-2011, 12:42 PM   #370  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura G View Post
Good Morning All!

I'm really not in a super positive mood today, unless you count being positively pi$$ed off!
I'm in no mood for personals, sorry all. I'm glad I read thru them all - sounds like you are all doing good work.

Obviously, I'm in a snit. I'll work thru it and come back later in a better frame of mind.
Love all you weasels - keep up the good work.
It's O.K. Laura, I have those kind of positives all the time. Later!
Old 06-06-2011, 12:48 PM   #371  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

my positive for today is I am just not doing this anymore. I am not going to keep living in this situation where I am constantly stressed and want to eat. So today I put an application to be a grocery clerk at a local grocery store. Will I be able to handle it Hopefully maybe maybe not. But I can't do it anymore
Old 06-06-2011, 12:55 PM   #372  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Hello Dollies,

First I gotta say, Welcome Home Honey Bee, I missed you and I hope you got to read the shout outs sent your way. I had no idea you were in the hospital, but it's okay as long as they fixed what ever was ale'in my Honey. Sweet Pea, with all you have been threw, no worries on that weight, you will have it all back under control, cause that's what my Honey does!!!! Smooches love!!!

Blance,
I will be home for a while longer. Found out the doctor did not respond to my pages because he was out of town and just returned today. Waiting for his call for new meds and they have noted my chart that I am allergic to the sulpher and the pharmacist as well. Thanks for that tip!!! You always have my back!!!
Aren't drives to noway amazing. Just wondering brings many pleasant surprises, hope you found some. Now get those new tunes in order trip baby, cause taint nothing like a road trip without great tunes. Still praying I can make it there sweetie, because I would love to meet you gals in Dodge on MIss Stella"s porch!!!! North Carolina would not stand a chance with the three of us DanceHall Gals!!! hahahahahaha

Lynn,
get your relaxation on chick and enjoy your hubby!!! BTW, stealing your positive thought for the day!! LOL LOL Or I should say sharing!!!! I just saw your newest post, absolutely AWESOME!!! You can do it Lynn, claim it, you are doing it for all the right reasons and I AM SOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!! You are taking your life into your hands and trying, and trying is the only thing that beats failing!!!! Go LYNN!!!!!

Ona,
so glad to see ya chica!!!! That's right baby, stayed focused on getting 'er done, you will make 180 soon and very soon, I just know, and then cruise control from there. You are one heck of an amazing woman!!!!

My positive is.......some of the red blotches on my back and upper thighs are starting to fade away, looks as though only one spot left leaking, still a very vibrant red and the wounds are taking a long time to close, but I guess that comes from me being diabetic........but this to shall pass because the Lord says, "By His stripes We (Ags) is healed", and trust me, I am holding Him to His Word!!!!!
So far today, this Weasel (Weaselette) is POP!!!! Making a concious decision to stay that way!!!! Now how positive is that!!!!!

Hugs love and blessings,
Remember to make every moment count,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 06-06-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:02 PM   #373  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Laura,

We all get pissed off sometimes, it shall pass, just don't stay positively pissed off to long!!! K? We will be right here waiting for ya, I promise!!! Love ya

AGs
Old 06-06-2011, 07:45 PM   #374  

Monring/evening!!!!

Now Laura, POP does not stand for P**sed off Permanently - so it will pass, it will pass, sending you big smiles and a giant CHEER UP feeling.....
Ags, glad to hear Lobster woman is getting better,
Learn, hope the lab results are good - are you diabetic - or just planning not to get that way...
Hi Honey and Ona - I've joined since you've been gone - nice to meet you!
Lynnie - Fingers crossed you get that job!!!!!! Might be just the ticket for you. Glad you and Mr Lynnie are spending some quality time...

7th POP day starting here - make your 7th day of June a good one! Let's all put our best efforts into today! C'mon girls we CAN do it!!!

Round and round the mulberry bush, the monkey chased the Weasel - GOOD EXERCISE!!!
Old 06-07-2011, 05:53 AM   #375  

Good Morning Weasels!
O.K. Let me get to business!

Lynn- I think a job would make a world of difference for you. It'll get you out of the house and away from the stress you call a BIL. Good luck to you.

Ona- It always makes my day to see you post. Thank you for that. Now up those calories and make your body start losing again.

HoneyBee- I just reread your post and it's amazing that you only gained 4 lbs. I gain that overnight and if I was stuck in the hospital and unable to exercise I shiver to think how much I would have gained.
So glad to have you back home where you belong.

Laura- Have you reframed your mind and tossed out your snit? I hope you have a wonderful day.

Ags- So glad the blotches are fading. Now let's concentrate on patching that leak. That didn't sound right, but you know what I mean. Now rest, take your meds and POP it Head Weasel (Weaselette).

MrsTee- No not diabetic, although I was when I was pregnant with my son. My last doctor said I was pre-diabetic and lab results showed my sugar a bit too high. This time I am happy to say the levels are normal, and aside from low vitamin D all my numbers looked good.
Now on to Day 8 POP, POP, POP!!!

Don't mean to sound over confident, but as usual I was POP yesterday. It's just a way of life for me now and if I have a day that I crave it's usually planned. I find if I take care of these cravings by working them into my meal plan for the day I don't get that deprived feeling and give up burying my head in a big bag of Ruffles potato chips. I will not live my life with the feeling of doom because I can never have certain things again for the rest of my life.

Now about my doctors visit...
Good News first!
All my numbers looked good. Doctor was very pleased with my weight loss for the past 30 days. She's really happy about my attitude towards losing the weight and getting healthy. She even wants me to come in every 6 weeks to weight in.

Not so good news!
She's concerned with my heart. She says it's beating way too fast. I am now taking a new med for my heart to slow it down. I go back in a week for an EKG and a breathing test. She asked if I had ever had an EKG and I told here yes, several times. I then told her that I've had 2 EKG's (several years apart) come back showing that I had had a heart attack, but after having an ultra-sound I heard nothing, so I assumed all came out O.K. This is where the cute and tiny little indian doctor exploded with anger. She couldn't believe that after 2 abnormal EKG's I wasn't set up with a cardiologist. This is where the cool, calm and collected patient know to you as Learn said, "This is exactly why I came to you!"
So she will be doing the EKG herself. I'm anxious to see how it comes out.

O.K. ladies, stick a fork in me because I think I'm done. I'm outa here, adios, arrivederci, aloha, au revoir!
Have an awesome Weasel Pop day!

Learn
Closed Thread