Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 05:43 AM   #61  

Good Morning All,
I hope everyone had a great tuesday, mine, well let's just say I've had better days and I've had worse days. It all stems down to Mom care issues and dealing with Medicaid.

Ink- I am so happy for your lose, 10 pound-a-roonies is so fantastic. Now on to the 250's!

Ags- So glad your able to sit down at work. Baby them tootsies girl.

Hello hello, hello, hello! Anybody there? there, there, there? Where the heck did everyone go yesterday? It's like a ghost town around here.

I had a great day eating and was able to get a 30 minute walk in. I actually found 2 more loads of laundry to do (bed linens) and today I have one more, whites. I always leave whites until last because I hate doing them. All the sorting of socks, underwear and tee shirts. Also making sure my hubby's work shirts are put on hangers so they don't wrinkle, UGH! With this cooler weather I am itching to do some de-cluttering of closets. Especially mine, it is an unusual shaped walk-in. When you open the door it is about 4'+ deep, but look to the left and the closet continues on for about 15'+, so it has basically become the storage shed we always wanted outside (minus the lawn mower). The only way I'm gonna be able to decorate for christmas is to pull most everything out of there. I'll probably start nagging hubby to help me after Halloween.

Well that's it for me gals, have a great wednesday.

Guardrails Up & Keep Looking Up!

T.T.F.N. ~ Learn
Old 10-13-2010, 06:56 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Learn - I'm with you - I'm in the decluttering mode! Helps with weight loss too.

Maria - have a great time! Can you PM me your e-mail address again - finally located the pics.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:06 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Ladies....

I didnt workout this morning BUT I got the Just Dance 2 game last night ( hubby had preordered it and paid it off as my wedding anniversary gift which was in august) anyway played that last night and had alot of fun and sweated my *** off so tonight I am going to come home and play that after work and use the "sweat mode" that they have on there which is a exercise mode and tomorrow I will get up and do the Last Chance workout again.

I have kind of an NSV this morning I put on my size 26 denim jeans ( which are an elastic waist all the way aroung) and they fit me looser today than they did last week so I hope that means that friday will be a good weigh-in cause I also looked in the mirror and I look thinner too so keeping my fingers crossed for a good weigh-in on friday.

Well, gotta run and leave for work
talk to you ladies later
Old 10-13-2010, 08:43 AM   #64  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi girls, I hope it's going to be a great day for everyone!

Heather, congrats on the NSV -- I love when my clothes fit looser! Your dance game sounds like fun. We have a Wii, even have Wii Fit, but I haven't started doing anything with it. I know Lily would love it if I played that with her!!

Learn, sorry about the frustrations, but you just take it out on the laundry, girl! Decluttering is the BEST! Reminds me of that guy on Oprah who wrote the book, "Does this Clutter Make Me Look Fat?" or something along those lines. I really do believe that lightening the load in the house helps get in the mindset to do the same for our bodies. I know I feel like a physical weight is on my shoulders when everything is packed to the rafters! I love your sign, BTW, very rustic!!!

Ona, good for you, feeling like you could just RUN up those stairs at Church!! That is awesome. You must be feeling GREAT!!! I admire you soo much!

Jackie, I'm glad that migrane is finally subsiding for you. I hope it's totally gone by today! I don't get headaches often, but when I do it is just the worst thing ever. Here's to no more headaches for awhile!!

Shia, I want to hear what delicious and nutritious dinner you cooked up last night -- the one before sounded awesome!! I really am having a great time cooking wholesome food and feeding it to my family, it really makes me feel proud!

Maria, glad to see you back!! You've still got time to kick a few lbs to the curb before your cruise, so stick with it chica! Missed ya!

Ducky, oh, that butternut squash recipe does sound good, but I'm not sure about the garam masala -- I never tried it! But I am on an eating adventure mission, so I really must try it! There is an Indian Grocery close to me that I have been meaning to go check out anyway. Glad you are feeling good!!

Ink, WOW, 10 lbs feels SO GOOD, doesn't it!!! That is why I have really enjoyed weighing just once a month. I LOVE stepping on that scale and seeing a real difference every time! Your new avatar pic is great, you are sooo pretty!

Carol, I'm moving my body, drinking my water, and smiling!

As for me, I just got back from my walk with Gypsy, we took a little detour today and when I looked on mapmywalk.com, I saw that I added about .2 miles to my walk. So that will be our new route. Gotta keep steppin' it up, ya know! I also mapped another route that I'm considering trying soon, it's quite a bit further, but I think I can make it comfortably and happily. Maybe Gypsy and me will try it tomorrow!!

I feel wretched, because I got into an arguing match with Lily this morning, I WISH with all my heart I didn't let it get to that point, especially right before I put her on the bus. I know TOM is coming in a couple days and I tend to become a crazy woman. Now don't get me wrong, she was being a bratty tween, but I feel like I let myself regress 30 years and start acting like an almost 10 year old myself sometimes. The positive thing was that as we were walking to the bus stop, I told her I don't want to be on the wrong foot with her just starting her day, that I love her more than anything, and that I'm sorry to argue. Ugh, I just feel like I'm trying so hard to do everything I can to raise a good girl, and sometimes my temper/emotions get the better of me. Well, I guess like with everything else, I am a work in progress -- and I'll just try to do better next time!

Have a wonderful day, everyone!!
Old 10-13-2010, 07:53 PM   #65  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Evening all,

It has been another great day and I did pretty good.
My positive thing about me today is..........I felt more comfortable at work today than I have in a long time.

I came home this after noon and my daughter Morgan had cooked a pot of great northern beans, not canned beans, beans in the bag, and she picked them, soaked them and then cooked them, just like her grandma use to do. OM Goodness, they were delicious. She is turning into a great cook, maybe something is rubbing off on her the right way.

Shannon,
you are a great mom, and this too shall pass. Being a mom is not always the easiest thing to do, but yes we all are a work in progress, and yes sometimes we have to stand our ground to nip things in the bud.

Heather,
great job on your excerise and the new just dance, hey those jeans will be down around your ankles soon, watch out there girlie!!!!

Carol,
decluttering, I will join in with more of the same in a few days. Ever wonder where all that clutter comes from??? LOL LOL

Learn,
it will all be alright soon. Good job getting your exercise in!!!!

I will be back later for personals, it is family time right now.

Hugs love and blessings,
Making every moment count,
Ags
Old 10-13-2010, 09:16 PM   #66  
☆krista-kins™☆

S/C/G: 314/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Happy Hump Day Everyone!!!!

Ags - I am sooooo glad you were able to sit down at work! I knew you would have a good day Im VERY happy to hear you are feeling comfortable at work, that is sooooo important!

Learn - You hit the nail on the head...I hate whites too!! stinkin socks drive me nuts! LOL. Doesn't de-cluttering feel AMAZING! Its the best natural high ever!!
Heather - Way to go (NSV)!! Good luck on Friday! You will do great!!!

Shannon - You are going awesome with your walking! Good job hun!! and don't beat yourself up about what happened with Lily...I am sure many of us have been there before, I know I have! Pre teens and teens are soooooooooooo frustrating sometimes...wait..MOST of the time..LOL YOu are a FANTASTIC Mother! Lily is soooo lucky to have you I have always said that before people have a baby they should spend a month raising a 12 year old..LOL. I hope you are having a great night hun! Keep smiling..everything will be alright

I had a VERY uneventful day...but I was POP! and Im getting ready to go do my run..I have a cousin that runs cross country for her high school and she told me that her coach to get the out of shape kids IN shape they run the curves and walk the straight part of the track...well it just so happens there is a middle school RIGHT by my house with a track This will be my first night of walking/running a mile...YIKES!! Im really super excited but kind of nervous...I hope I dont keel over dead..LMAO!

Have a great night everyone!!!!! I look forward to our meeting again tomorrow

"]
Old 10-14-2010, 12:30 AM   #67  
TEAM CUPID & BL BLUE TEAM

S/C/G: 306/see ticker/153

Height: 5'3

Good evening (said in my best Alfred Hitchcock voice)..

I'm not here long.. headed to bed. Just wanted to pop in and say hi to all my ladies here. I've been working on a meal plan (does this take anyone else FOREVER to do??). I find I need to make a weekly plan since we don't have a store for 30 miles. It's not easy to just go grab an ingredient if I've forgotten anything. Right now I'm only managing to plan suppers, and I just sort of scrounge for breakfast and lunch (lunch is leftovers if we have any, which we rarely do. Darn kids eat too much!). Eventually I'd like to have everything planned out..

Anyway here's my plan.. almost EVERYTHING is a new food we haven't tried before. Only a couple items are previously tasted foods. LOL

`squirrel and dumplin's (not usually a squirrel fan, but my son shot them adn can't wait to eat them lol)
`sloppy joes, baked zuchini sticks
`meatloaf, southwestern black bean salad, sauteed brussel sprouts
`chicken (probably pan grilled), broccoli and cheddar potato skins, corn
`chicken and white bean enchiladas, mexican rice, salad
`asian glazed chicken, pasta with asparagus, carrots
`burritoes

Does it sound like good on plan meals??? My biggest thing is learning to make good balanced meals. LOL
Old 10-14-2010, 05:33 AM   #68  

Morning All,
T.G.I.T. (thursday). I'm gonna jump right into personals.

Carol- I'm am still itching to de-clutter that closet, but I'm forcing myself to wait for hubby's help so I don't hurt my back. There's some heavy totes in there. In the mean time today I'm gonna tackle my china cabinet. For some reason it's become more of an eye sore then a place to display my pretty china.

Heather- Work it girl, but watch out those britches don't fall down around your ankles.

Shannon- Whenever I have a little squabble with my son (Andrew) it just eats me up inside all day. Your doing everything right to raise a good girl. She's growing up and developing her own personality and these little spats are all part of it. No one said parenting was easy and smooth sailing. I'm sure she was ready with a big hug when she got home from school.

Ags- My hubby loves beans, he could just live on them. I have never done the beans in a bag thing though. I bought a bag once, but it was to make beans bags for my son. LOL!!! So glad your settling back into work.

Ink- Usually when I do white laundry I hang my hubby's work shirts so they don't wrinkle and then the rest sits there in the basket for a day or two.
I like the idea of run the curves, walk the straight part of the track. How did you do?

Jackie- Squirrel and dumplin's shock!!! The rest of the menu sounds great. Mmm! I haven't had a sloppy joe in ages, must do soon. As far as planning menu's, I just plan dinners also and rough it for breakfast and lunch.

I had a POP day eating and did some housework, but not enough to count as exercise. Not sure what today will bring except good food choices and somewhere a little exercise. Still no transportation, but there's a good chance hubby's van will be ready today. I've got all things crossable crossed.

That's all for me, I hope you all have a good day.

Guardrails Up & Keep Looking Up!

T.T.F.N. ~ Learn
Old 10-14-2010, 06:58 AM   #69  

Good Morning Ladies...

I am feeling a little discouraged this morning..I got on the scale this morning and it said that I am UP 5 POUNDS!!!! How I ask you is that possible? Especially since I have been working out every morning ( except for last 2 days but I have been coming home and doing Just Dance 2 for 1 hr) eating fairly well except for maybe 3 meals ( and I did not overeat enough for it to constitute a 5 lb gain) plus at work this week I have been lifting heavy boxes that are heavy enough that I was dripping sweat and I had to stop and go to the restroom to refresh myself.

Also, my pants yesterday felt looser than they ever have felt and when I look in the mirror I think that I look thinner and my stomach area looks flatter PLUS my waist is sore today probably from doing just dance and lifting boxes so WTH would the scale go up? I think I am going to take a break from getting on the scale for awhile.

Anyway, other than that things are going good I am really happy with my job and I get my first paycheck tomorrow so all is good other than that DAMN SCALE!

Take care ladies
Old 10-14-2010, 07:23 AM   #70  

Default Heather!

Fear not Heather!
It's probably some water retention and your building muscle with all the exercising your doing plus lifting at work. Remember also if you have any sore muscles from all that dancing those muscles will retain water too. Don't worry about it just keep on truckin'
Old 10-14-2010, 08:14 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone!

Well, I apparently spilled some sort of goop on my computer, and now certain keys stick. I have to hit them really hard to make them work. Any ideas on cleaning a computer keyboard???

All is well here. My positive is there's a little hurricane (Paula) over Cuba right now but other than a little rain (okay, a lot of rain) it doesn't look like it will affect us.

I'm super busy because I'm just home for a short time before heading back up to NY next week. I kind of relaxed the first week I was here, so now I'm back in crazy mode trying to get everything done, LOL.

Learn, I liked the sign for your spread, very beautiful. You are super artistic. Oh how I wish I would get my rear in gear to declutter. I do not have a mental problem about throwing things away, but I keep thinking "I need to go through this stuff" and then never do, sigh. You are my anti-clutter QUEEN!

Carol ... I suspect you're a major league de-clutterer also. I wish you guys would email me some of your decluttering DNA! Yesterday I had lunch with a friend of mine. He and his partner had to clean out and declutter his brother's house when the brother was in the hospital. I told him everyone was not as neat as he was, I certainly would not want someone decluttering MY house (hmmmm, well, actually I WOULD, but with no judgment attached. Know anyone??)

Ags, stay off those feet, I hope your new job is better for your body. Your Morgan sounds like she did a good job with the beans, yum. My mom used to make hamhocks and beans that were sooooo good. I have never seen anyone else make them.

Jackie ... I have never had squirrel, but I'm always up for a new culinary adventure (except maybe insects.)

Inked ... well, I like your son's hair short better. And this from the girl who loved the boys with the long hair back in college.

Shannon ... you are such a sweet mom and person. I need some of your DNA also.

Shia ... you are doing it, girl. You must be such a superb cook, makes my mouth water.

OnaMi ... thanks for your sweet shout-outs. That interval training sounds interesting.

Hi Heather! You are really doing so well, congrats. It looks like you have really committed to the eating and exercise program. (PS - you posted while I was typing on your gain ... and I say again "don't worry about it". You are setting yourself up for some major losses down the road. You can't fail if you don't quit. You are doing superb.)

Maria ... you go on more cruises than anyone I know. You must really enjoy them.

Last edited by CJZee; 10-14-2010 at 08:16 AM.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:13 AM   #72  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies!! I know I've been MIA for a few, but I'm here.

CJ - always flying about the world!! Have fun in NY and be careful with Hurricane Paula!

Heather - don't worry about the 5lbs, it's not 5lbs of fat. You are doing great and sometimes we have days/weeks like these, in the words of Learn-fear not my friend.

Learn - I loved that sign! That was awesome! And of course your decluttering and laundry, always busy!!

Jackie - I don't know about the squirrel and dumplings lol..Glad the headaches are gone

Inked - 10lbs?! I love it!! How did the track go?

Ags - glad you are feeling more positive about work. I know it has been rough on you.

Shannon - as much as I love my Dev, those days happen here too. Fear not, everything is ok and you and Lillibug have a great relationship, so you can work through those rough patches, you're a good momma. They all get bratty, wait til she's 12-14-those are nightmare years!! I agree with Inked!!

So the other night we had fajitas, but I can't remember what else I've cooked. lol..My positive is that I'm seriously thinking about dropping this MBA program and go into nursing. I spent 13 years working in a hospital lab and I think I would be good at it.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:03 PM   #73  
☆krista-kins™☆

S/C/G: 314/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Hello Hello Hello!! Happy Thursday... this is an especially AWESOME Thursday because I have tomorrow off for Teacher In-service

Learn - I have everything crossed for you as well!! I remember not having a vehicle it was such a drag!

Heather - I agree with Learn! You are doing great!! Keep up the good work

CJ - Im glad there is no threat to you or your home! Do you travel often? NY sounds awesome! I would love to go shopping there someday Sorry about your keyboard...I have no idea how to clean one.

Shia - Nursing is sooo cool Good luck with whichever you choose You sooooooo need to move to COLO and be my neighbor and share your yummy food with me

The track kicked my butt!!! oh my goodness! I could only run the curves on my first and third laps..LOL. I figured out that breathing is a precious thing..HAHAHAHA!! I am going to keep on working at it though until I can run a full lap..that would be AWESOME! My positive for today: I have been eating fairly well AND I have tomorrow OFF OFF OFF!!

Old 10-14-2010, 08:06 PM   #74  

Thank You everyone for your comments I feel better reading them and I think that you ladies are all right and I am just going to keep truckin and stay away from the scale for awhile and when I do weigh myself in a couple of weeks I will have a really big loss!

Well, gotta run for now talk to you ladies soon!
Old 10-14-2010, 08:21 PM   #75  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hi all,
Ags is in the house with another day under my belt!!! Wait I don't wear belts but I think you all know what I mean> LOL LOL

Learn,
You mean to tell me you have never made beans the old fashioned way? Are you using canned beans??? Oh my. You need some of my southerness to rub off on you. Now go out a buy a bag of great northerns, lay them out, pick thru them to make sure they are all good and then soak them for some hours or over night. Next day, throw them in a pot, cover with water, season with salt and pepper and some ham hocks or pork jowl, smoked meat or even smoked turkey wings, cut up an onion and let them cook for about four hours on med heat or until beans are mouth watering tender. But watch out cause they are liable to be soooo good, you might smack someboby!!!! LOL LOL Your hubby will love you soooooo much for it.

Cj,
all I know is old school cooking and we love it. Not much on stuff out of a box or a can. Your mom was on point. Now breathe and slow down, you will get in all done and in time as always. You always do.

Jack,
now I am one who would usually try anything once, but you got me on the squirrel and dumplings, don't think I will be trying that one any time soon.
Don't know about the baked zuchini sticks either, but I do know baked sweet potatoe fries are awesome and healthy. Let me know how you liked your menu and I will send you some sample menu's you may want to try. Good and healthy stuff. Try my white bean chili and I have a chicken tortilla soup that is great too. All one pot stuff and easy peasy.

Heather,
sorry you are so frustrated about your gain, but just give it time as everyone else has said, you are just retaining water and it will flush itself out. No worries sweetie. Keep doing what you are doing, it will all catch up.

Shia,
do what will make you happy, life is short, we might as well enjoy it. Now I like fajitas, next time call me over. Kisses to Dev and tell him to give you a hug for me.

Tonight it is a veggie sub for me with my fat free chips on the side. Life is getting a little easier. One day at a time!!!

Night all and as always, hugs love and blessing,
remembering to make every moment count,
Ags
Closed Thread