Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 12:39 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devsmama View Post
I take it you did the photos for the wedding?
Nope, I just took snapshots. They had a "real" wedding photographer, but I'm posting some of my snapshots because the regular guy took virtually no pictures of the wedding guests other than immediate family and wedding party. For example, he did not take one picture of me, and I'm an aunt and came all the way from the US to Amsterdam!!! I was actually pretty miffed. (Now, I know Shannon would not be upset because she's a nice lady.)
Old 10-09-2010, 02:54 PM   #32  
TEAM CUPID & BL BLUE TEAM

S/C/G: 306/see ticker/153

Height: 5'3

I have a positive for this otherwise painfulo day. I'm peeing WAY more than I'm drinking. hehe
Old 10-09-2010, 03:01 PM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieHollow View Post
I have a positive for this otherwise painfulo day. I'm peeing WAY more than I'm drinking. hehe
Does that mean we can change your name to......

Wait for it......

I. P. Freely
Old 10-09-2010, 07:18 PM   #34  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hey chica's.

Another day here on this marverlous earth!!!! Thank you Lord!!!

Learn,
yes dear, repairs here on my car. I needed new back strutts and new front brakes and rotors, and once again the Lord sent me a Ram in the bush. If I had gone to the dealership the strutts alone parts and labor would have been in the neighborhood of 1,000 not including the brakes and rotors. My friends son is a mechanic and he fixed the car, parts and all labor for 350.00 dollars so I gladly gave him a 50.00 tip. Plus he came to house picked it up and delivered it back safe and sound and running good. I am so blessed.
Glad Andrew was safe and no one was hurt, lock down was a good thing.
Sounds like you enjoyed that dinner too chickie!!! I love there salad and zuppa tucana soup, but I got watch it, cause I can eat three bowls of soup and tons of salad and will come out gaining 10 pounds. That place I have to have with a long handled spoon.

Carol,
send me the recipe for that one please, never had it before. Now I am very intrigued, what is the secrect ingredient???? Go play in the dirt sweetie!!! Carol, one more question, what is an alpha dog???

Heather,
a busy weekend equals movement which in turn is exercise. Get it girl. Enjoy your weekend and I will be praying for a permanent position.

CJ,
You are right on the money, they are yummy and in my tummy, but portion control is the key. I work on that constantly and I am getting better at it. Sometimes better than others, but I know I have to get the portions right because I will not stick to anything if I can only have salad, canned tuna. You get the picture, I have got to keep it exciting with things I like or I would quit. Since giving up is not an option for me, portion control it is!!! This is why I like WW so much, I do not have to give up anything, only the quanity of how much I eat of it. In this case, less is more and that is a good thing for me!!! If I eat what I like I do not feel deprived, everything once again in moderation. CJ, your pictures were beautiful!!!!
YOu are so right about the strenght training, it is good for us, and the weight and the fat will come off.
By the way, I grandad use to say that same saying all the time, great minds!!!

Shia,
yes those are things that can and will be fixed. I am on BP meds daily and cholestrol and the latter is fine. I get my BP meds checked out again, I may a change in them, week before last had a couple of dizzy spells, thought it was my sugar, but it turned out the culprit was my BP being too low. So get to fixin it babe.
I am sure Dev camp and you find some time for cooking, it is so relaxing and inspiring, making things taste good without all the guilt and all the fat!!! Glad you are feeling more like the Shia I know and love so much, but I would love you either way!!! You No!!!!

Jack,
I will send Big Buck to kick that headache to the curb, Big Buck always wins.
The scale will move, don't let the numbers dictate your victories. Are your clothes looser, a little more energy, you are doing fine. Chill and relax, the victory is already in your hands. Make sure you tell me about this new recipe!!
Jack you are silly, keep the waters flowing girl. Pee Pee Pee Girl!!! OMG, I love the new name Learn has given you I> P Freely!!!!! Only Learn, only Learn!!!

Today has been a great day. Eating well, learning new things about my phone and plenty of food, so cooking today. Relaxation for the evening. Got two cute pic's I am going try to post, we shall see, cause one never knows with me!!! LOL LOL LOL

Asleep on potty!!!!.jpg
Fell aleep on the potty!!!It was all about the sandwich!!!!.jpg
It was all about the sandwich!!!!Bright eyes.jpg
Little bright eyes!!!I am DONE!!!!.jpg
[FONT="Georgia"]I am done, get me off of here!!!![/FONT

Okay so none of them lined up with where they were supposed to be, hope you can figure them out????

Hugs love and blessings,
remember to make every moment count,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 10-09-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:32 PM   #35  

Here's my new recipe. (I found on cooking light) I'll put my modifications below..

Chicken Tamale Casserole

8 Servings

1 cup preshredded 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese, divided
1/3 cup nonfat milk
1/4 cup egg substitute
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
1 (8 1/2 ounce) box corn muffin mix (such as Martha White)
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
cooking spray
1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce (such as Old El Paso)
2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
1/2 cup nonfat sour cream

Directions:Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
1 Preheat oven to 400°F. 2 Combine 1/4 cup cheese and next 7 ingredients (through chiles), stirring just until moist. Pour mixture into a 13 x 9?inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. 3 Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes or until set. Pierce entire surface liberally with a fork; pour enchilada sauce over top. Top with chicken; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 8 pieces; top each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream.

I used 1 egg, instead of egg substitute. Also used 1/4 tsp of red pepper. I used cumin seeds as opposed to ground cumin, only because that's what I had on hand. I used Jiffy corn muffin mix, which was a bit sweet, but my kids liked it. Oh and I didn't put sour cream on top at the end, because I simply forgot.

We liked this. It was a bit spicy (extra red pepper) for my younger kids. I think I may add some chopped onion and maybe some bell pepper next time. Not a lot, just a dab. It was a wet dish. I think if I had cooked the corn meal mixture a bit longer it may have "unmushed" a bit. But, I didn't find it horridly mushy. No one seemed to mind too much, but I think next time I'll cook it 20-25 min the first go round, and see how we like that.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:30 PM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by colormerd47 View Post
Carol, one more question, what is an alpha dog???

Ag's an Alpha Dog is the dominant dog, the one that wants to be in charge. An Alpha Dog will challenge any dog it confronts. My lab Peanut is an Alpha dog and so is my brothers next door. I can't let my dog out if his is out because they charge each other and get into fights. My sister's dog here in our house is submissive and allows Peanut to boss him around. They get along just fine.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:55 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

The soup was over the top - I posted the recipe in the recipe sticky! Worth the try - DH hates the secret ingredient and ate two bowls - when should I tell him what it was?
Old 10-09-2010, 10:05 PM   #38  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Never Carol, Never!!!!! LOL LOL LOL

Last edited by colormerd47; 10-09-2010 at 10:06 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:44 PM   #39  
☆krista-kins™☆

S/C/G: 314/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Good evening lovely ladies!! I hope everyone's weekend is wonderful & relaxing.

Learn - Im soooo glad your stomach bug bit the dust! I was totally full until I read your post LOL..Parmesan crusted steak sounds YUMMY!! Now my stomach is growling like mad Congratulations on 2lbs released

ggg - Hope you had a great day doing all your chores Banana trees eh? I LOVE bananas!!

Heather - Im so sorry to hear about your Grandpa's dog You & Learn BOTH got Olive Garden this weekend.LUCKY GIRLS

CJ - Ouchie! Im sorry your arms are hurting I bet the photos are beautiful

Shia - for camps close to home! Sounds like you are feeling great!

Jackie - Hope your headache takes a hike soon hun!! Feel better soon

Ags - How cute are those pictures!!! Such sweet babies! I hope you hare having a great evening of relaxation Thank you for the help with the font LOL.

Shannon - Its great to see you as well darlin! Hope all is well

I spent my Saturday morning in a bowling alley like every week. LOL. but the rest of my day was fairly boring (which Im thankful for). I actually got to relax a bit this weekend WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!

Old 10-10-2010, 12:44 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Well, ladies I just wanted to come here and tell you that I think you are all wonderful people and that I look forward to coming on here after work everyday just to see what your ladies days were like but now on to me LOL...

Today was a busy day I did 5 loads of laundry and cleaned house and we went out after my husband got home from work and even though I didnt have to I dressed nice not fancy but nicer than I usually do for a weekend or how I have been the last 2 years but I feel really good about myself lately and I think it shows and last night hubby and I went shopping for groceries and I bought alot of healthy things for me to take to work for breakfast and lunch ( 6 or 7 am is just to early for me to even think about breakfast) but I got salads to take some days and also got turkey breast lunch meat to take on other days to give me a little bit of a variety for lunch cause I dont think I could handle eating salad every day for lunch I need a variety and tomorrow is the baby shower at Olive Garden and looking forward to having their salad yummy!

My POSITIVE for this week ( other than getting a job which is a HUGE positive) is that even though I didnt exercise this week that when I weighed myself on friday I was still at 265 and now that I am adjusted to my schedule and know what time I have to leave for work I am getting back on the exercise wagon this week and I am looking forward to it and my plan is on monday, wednesday, and friday to do the Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout and on tuesday and thursday get up and do a 3 mile walk with leslie sansone and I will still be able to get up at basically the same time I have been which is 5:30 so I am really looking forward to starting that on monday and then the weekends will be my off time since every weekend from now until november will be too busy for me to workout on the weekends so this should workout perfect and I still plan on weighing myself every friday and I hope that this change-up will help me lose a couple of pounds this week.

Alright, I really have to be getting to bed now but I wanted to tell you ladies about my plans and Oh in case I didnt tell you....I REALLY LIKE MY JOB AND PRAY IT BECOMES PERMANANT IN JANUARY!

Last edited by hbieber2006; 10-10-2010 at 12:45 AM.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:22 AM   #41  

Happy Glorious Sunday My Friends!
It looks like some of us had a great saturday. Those that didn't post probably had an even greater saturday and couldn't be bothered with 3FC.

Carol- I hope you got to go dig in the dirt. Thank you for the recipe, I will try soon. Do you keep your banana trees indoors when cooler weather hits?

Heather- I'm so glad your getting settled in as being employed. Now this week exercise can be worked into your schedule as well.

CJ- Ohh! I hate Carpel Tunnel Syndrome. Believe it of not I had it while I was pregnant. My doctor at the time said it was due to the swelling from the pregnancy. Now I just get a lot of numbness when I use my hands for periods longer then 5 minutes. I am enjoying your wedding "Candid" pics on fb. You captured some wonderful expressions. I can't believe the main photographer didn't mingle with all the guest and do candid' himself. It was a blessing that your were there with the camera.

Shia- Cook baby cook, you'll find the time to make some delish dishes. How cool that Devyn wants to go to a sports camp. I'm lucky I can get Andrew to leave my side to go to school. He and I go everywhere together and I wouldn't change that for the world. Don't feel so bad about your cholesterol meds, I'm sure there are quite a few of us on them, including me. I have been taking Lovastatin for about a year now and my last labs showed my cholesterol at about 201. I think the highest it ever got was 233. So glad your feeling more like Shia. When reading your post your sounding more like Shia also. That make Learn happy!!!

Jackie- Peeing more then you drink is a good thing once in a while. Sounds like you were definitely retaining water. So glad your body is releasing it. Your recipe sounds wonderful and I have copied it down for near future use. Thank You!

Ags- You must share your recipe for Baked Spaghetti, pretty please!!! Sounds like you had a wonderfully relaxing saturday, now go for sunday too!

Ink- Oh! I use to love bowling. When I worked at Albertson's a group of us use to go once a week and had a blast. I still go once in a while, but I can only watch due to my bad neck. Even with my hot pink 8 lb. bowling ball it still reeks havoc on my neck. I love watching my son bowl though. Glad you got a chance to relax.

I had a POP day yesterday. I walked some on the property and took the rest of my exercise in vacuuming. This time I moved furniture and vacuumed any crevasses my vacuum tool could get in to. I ended up vacuuming for almost 2 hours and sweat my kaboos off. My back, neck and arms are killing me, but I love the clean crevasses. The rest of the day was just hanging with the Hubster and Super Kid.
Well I am done here and need more coffee, so I must let you go. I hope everyone has a wonderful sunday filled with great food choices, lots of water consumption and plenty of activity.

Guardrails Up & Keep Looking Up!

T.T.F.N. ~ Learn
Old 10-10-2010, 09:01 AM   #42  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Sunday Morning Ladies!!!

Learn - How big is the property? I think you told me once before, but ya know I need a reminder. I know you had an awesome day with the Hubster and Andrew the Great!!!

Heather - sounds like you have a wonderful plan for exercise-execute, execute, execute! As for breakfast, I don't know if you can eat at work, but a banana or shake or something would be easy in the morning. That's what I do.

Inked - a relaxing/bowling day?! I'll take it!! Sounds like a nice day for you, keep it up.

Carol - don't tell!!!

Jackie - that sounds like an awesome recipe. Yesterday I was watching "Mexican Made Easy" on the food network and she made tamales. This might be something I try because I like Mexican food. Oh yeah, peeing more is a good thing, but the headache can hit the road.

Ags - liked the pics of the kids, so cute! A nice relaxing day and learning new things about your phone, sounds like a nice day!

Well, my positive today is that I made salsa, chipotle chicken and basmati rice with lime and cilantro for lunch today. At home I have some Honey Dijon turkey breast marinating. I will grill some zucchini tonight to go with the Turkey and go from there. I'm loving the cooking again.

Last edited by Devsmama; 10-10-2010 at 09:03 AM.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:37 AM   #43  
☆krista-kins™☆

Well the last day of the weekend is upon us I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!! Can't wait to hear all about it tomorrow when ya'll return

Learn - Way to be POP!! Great job with the exercise!! Well done darlin...well done

Shia - YUM!! I haven't eaten breakfast yet and reading your post made my stomach go crazy..LOL..I LOVE homemade Salsa (without a lot of cilantro..ICK..haha)Honey dijon turkey! You weren't kidding when you sad you are into cooking. Im going to go eat now. LOL.

Have a fantastic day!!!

Last edited by Inkedmama98; 10-10-2010 at 11:38 AM.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:48 AM   #44  
☆krista-kins™☆

I have a few pictures I wanted to share...I will probably have to edit this message a gazillion times because I forgot how to do pictures again..LOL!!! My son cut his hair off a few months ago but I keep forgetting to post pics...plus I was MIA for awhile..so here they are I loved his long hair! He says he wants to grow it back out again though so Im happy

Before haircut

after....

Last edited by Inkedmama98; 10-10-2010 at 11:59 AM.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:54 AM   #45  

Ok... I knopw I'm slow (didn't do a lot of reading yesterday thanks to the migraine), but I'm rolling on the I.P. Freely!! HAHAHA There's a diet on here that people talk about called ideal protien, and everyone calls it IP. My mind constantly wonders how well they p. LOL

Shia.. I'm sorry to hear about the test results. When Larry got some bad results a couple months ago, that's when we really get our kick in the pants to get things right. That bad news was a blessing in disguise. He's already gotten off 1/3 of his meds. we're hoping another pill goes bye bye this week. Your lunch today sounds divine!! I've just gotten into cooking, but only if it's something I consider new and exciting. LOL

Learn.. Glad to hear the stomach bug was fairly quickly gone. There's nothing worse, in my opinion!!! But hey! Between that, OG, and down 2 lbs!! I'm so glad your son was ok! How scary that had to have been for you. I can't even imagine.

Ags.. I just love reading your posts, and seeing your pictures. They are soo full of personality! Thank you for the white chili recipe. DEFINITELY something we'll be trying! I would love your butternut squash recipe. I find side dishes the hardest for me. I started to buy a bn squash, but my dh was with me, and the $5 price tag scared him off. Congrats on the decluttering!! I need to do that again. It's a never ending process, and honestly, most times I'm just happy if the house is "decent". Much less decluttered. LOL I'm workin' on it... Sometimes.

ggg.. I'm curious as to this secret ingredient! Don't leave me hangin!! Things are settling down here. Sky's adjusted well to her casts. The heat is back up here also. I find it insane that we were breaking record highs practically every day all summer. Then came a cold spell a week/week and a half ago, and we break record lows. NOW we're breaking and matching record highs again. It's INSANE. I'm ready for some normal average weather. LOL

Heather.. Glad to hear that your job is going well. Sounds like you are finding a great way to fit in the exercising too!! WTG!

CJ.. I don't know if I mentioned it, but thanks for the explanation on how muscles respond to new exercise. It really helped me a lot!!!

As for me, I had a good day yesterday. I didn't exercise, due to the stupid migraine. (Which is still here, but not nearly as ferocious). I did drink 6 liters of water. LOL Seemed the more I P the easier it was to drink. ROFL I'd only been averaging 3 liters (still 100ish oz) the last week. I'm usually drinking 4-5 liters, so yesterday was a lot. My WI was this morning, and my positive is... I'm no longer up 2.6 lbs. Now it's just .8. LOL But I'm ok with that. I'm going to leave my tickers and everything the same, since it's just a blasted .8. I'm DETERMINED to break out fo the 270s this week. They've ben around WAY too long.
Hoping to get on the elliptical and do some exercising today. Depening on the head and this pain in my side. I definitely want to do something tho...

My biggest plan is to get some pics together for facebook of Sky's broken arms and the zoo trip. Since my computer is messed up (I had to replace the hard drive and since I did that I can't get it to go online nor can I get my win media player to work, etc. Someone told me I need to insall some drivers but I can't figure it out), I have a much harder time getting things up on fb. It's just so much more work. LOL

Hope everyone has a great Sunday! I'll check in again later. Off to find food.
Closed Thread