Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 12:17 PM   #1  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1178

WELCOME!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 09-29-2008, 12:19 PM   #2  
Freedom in living

Grace - Did you get your weekly plan done? I do the same. I sit down with the grocery sale flyers, pen and 7 day calender. Plan each mean and snack. Make the list and stick to it. Saves $$ on grocery bill & saves calories.

Hi Lori!

BigBabyK - I like Leslie too. She is fun expecially for rainy days like today.

Christina - How are you feeling this week?

Debi - I am starting my Christmas shopping soon too! I usually begin with back to school sales. But with BFF wedding $$ went in that direction. So I will need to be vigilent to stay in budget. See if I can pull off Christmas with no credit this year. Did it last year and I was so excited! Good job on the 1.8. That is great news. I am working on the house too. I clean fridays and my Monday morning WOW what a wreak. But I rather spend time with the fam than my head in the washer, toilet, but or scrubin' floors. The only chore I do on weekends is groceries. I can stand bringing the kids to the grocery store. Meal/snack plan gets to messed up and the $$ flies out of my wallet. LOL

Carol - How did the garage sale finish up? Good I hope. Still have your card. Forgot to mail it! Will try to remember to put it in my purse LOL. Get those veggies & H2O in! You will feel more connected.

Brie - Mon-Fri is a good routine too. I know some who hubby is gone for 3 weeks at a time. I would not like that. Are you on facebook? There are some good trucker wives groups. Some are gossipy but other are truly inspirational.

Vida - Good job on the 10 min. That is where I started to. But before you know it she is done and your wondering wow how did I do the whole thing. Takes alittle time but is really worth the work!

Catherine - Keep plugging away at it! You are a strong woman and I know you can do it! Take care while hubby is away. Be praying for ya both.

Cyn - You may have high blood pressure. But they way they took it may not give the most accurate reading. Hope you had a great visit with the girls. Love to laugh so hard you cry! Makes me want to pee too! LOL

Toni - Glad the TOPS weekend went well! Sounds like tons of fun! I have considered TOPS in the past. But I have no one to watch my kids when I go to the meetings since DH is at work. And sitters are hard to come by these days. More kids are getting jobs. And I dont trust a 14 yr old watching my 12,7,& 5 yr old. I like 16 or older. Maybe to picky but the plan I am on now is working. When I work it of course!

Debbie - Shared with DH how his comments made me feel. He did not intent on sounding so callous. But I guess since he is a guy and we all know guys dont have english as a first language. Grunting is thier first language! LOL

Carol & Angie - You are both rocking on your goal miles! I am inspired!

Bernice - I am very envious of your trip! You will need to post pics of you in that beautiful gown & new bling! Cruises are wonderful and I know you will have a great time!

We have been going to a new church over the past few weeks. We have been struggling in finding a good match. In 10 yrs it has been a rough journey. I grew up in a conservative church community and DH comes from an unchurched family. We are praying this one we connect well with. We are getting discouraged. We have been to 4 in 10 yrs. We try to give it time. But we figure if people dont know our names and our kids dont have any friends after 2 years it is time to move on. We contribute, we sign up for activities, we volunteer, the kids go to programs. So it is not like we sit in the back pew and wait for someone to acknowledge us. This new church is much smaller than we are use to. 50-70 people on a Sunday vs larger churches with lost of cliques. Growing up I always wondered why people fell away from church community. But now I really understand how one can be disillusioned with the traditional church community. Sorry if to "religious" for some. But needed to get that out.

TOM came on with a vengence. I sometimes wonder if I am beginning peri menopause. Things are definatly different. Than when I wans younger.

Have a great Monday chickies.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

HI Chicks!

Julia, it IS so hard to find a good church where you feel you fit in. My family never went to church when I was growing up, so I used to go to the Catholic church with the neighbors. I never became a Catholic though. While we were in California, we tried a church and went for a year or so, but felt we just didn't belong. Since we moved up here to Washington, we went to one church and felt so out of place it was ridiculous. Since then, we havent' tried again. I really want to go, but it's just so hard, so I see where you're coming from. I'm sure sooner or later you'll find one and maybe this smaller one is just the ticket!

Bernice, you're going to look just fabulous on your cruise!!!

Carol, Angie, that's alot of miles chickies!!

We were going to go do yardwork today but it's really wet out. We might break record high temps here though so hopefully it will dry off quick. Usually this time of year we are getting pretty cold and wet so I want to get out there and clean out the flower beds one more time.
Gonna go drink some water, had too many pretzels yesterday
Debbie
Old 09-29-2008, 03:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 360/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Ok, now for some overdue personals! :-)

Angie – Work horse I understand. It is hard to be that involved in work and also take time out for yourself. Good for you for trying. Your vacation sounds wonderful. Hope you and DH enjoy yourselves!

Shiela – You are one step ahead of a whole bunch of people if you know what plan works for you. That is the best start. For me, WW Flex plan works…and still I have to be mindful to have a good protein/veggie/carbs balance. Your list sounds like a good tool! :-)

Brie – I’ve always been a big girl and never had trouble with a 10 minute walk until now. My reason is pretty common – don’t use it, lose it! :-) I have been sedentary for 3 years, I weigh more than I used to AND, I’m getting older. If I were doing walks without a problem one week and then had troubles the next, I’d be worried. If that is the case with you, don’t let the doctor tell you there’s nothing wrong. Sometimes these docs see a fat person and think all our problems are weight-related. Also, are you stretching enough after your walks?

Cyn – I do the clean/sit down routine way too often! I HATE it that I’ve gotten this physically unfit. I set up the shell for my sewing nook yesterday and had to sit down more than work. It got me to thinking about those who say fat people are lazy. Makes me want to say to them, “here’s a 200 lbs flour sack; strap this on your body and let’s clean house!” We’d see who is lazy then! Now worries hon, we are on our way. Every pound lost is one less thing in our way to a productive life. Oh, and post pics of your quilts! I don’t have the patience for those – give me a basic sheath any day of the week. ::grin::

Carol – garage sales are A LOT of work…but I’m sure I’m not telling you anything you don’t’ already know. Glad it’s over.

Debbie and Julia – THANKS a million for the encouragement. I must admit that I stayed away from the DVD all weekend. LOL I wanted to do it again but kept getting scared. Got my 25 minutes on the bike this morning and will do the DVD tomorrow. I’ll keep thinking of your words and won’t let myself get discouraged.

Toni – I LOVE chair exercises. I had trouble with one leg for a while and had to learn to modify. Reminds me, I should add those to my routine soon!

Julia – Oh boy! I don’t know that I could have handled keeping my cool with DH talking about how he cannot wait till you lose weight! UGH. Sorry you had to put up with that. I’m glad you talked to him about it though. :-) I feel the same way about my church experience. I have belonged to the same church for 4 years now – regular Sunday attendance, volunteer, take classes…and I STILL don’t feel like it’s my community. I keep going because I LOVE the message, the pastor’s style, and the choir (great music!). I’ve tried a few other churches in my area and they keep feeling more like a bad blind date! LOL For right now, I'm kindda stuck. Maybe what I'm looking for doesn't exist?!? Best of luck to you.

Bernice – Oh, hon, I am SO happy the support stockings worked for you! YAY!

Christina – Are you still with us? Being honest and vulnerable is hard. Thank you for putting yourself out there. I think the ladies here have responded correctly. Not every forum of 3FC is as warm and supportive of this one. Weight loss is such a hard road. I have found people here to be friendly and supportive but I definitely need more! About 95% of my strategies are all internally-driven as opposed as needing other people for support; that’s just who I am in my life right now. I know these may not be helpful to you but I figured I’d share a few thing s I’m doing to keep me focused. I'm just strating on this road so, I'm hoping and praying it all works for me! ::grin::

* I’m posting my daily exercise on this forum (exercise sticky at the top). Bernice pointed this out already, Try it! :-) I like checking in to see how we are doing as a group and knowing that I have to report in keeps me accountable.

* I’m blogging (http://newme4anewlife.blogspot.com). I don’t really do this to have readers but to keep track of where I am. One of the things I work on is to eat only when I’m hungry. In order to not do emotional eating, getting feelings out is what I most need to do. And, sometimes there is nobody to talk to or, I’m tired of coming to my friends with the same problems. I write and cry and write. It’s cathartic and, it keeps me away from the food.

* I’m using Weight Watcher’s website to keep track of my food intake (I’m on Flex Plan). Yet another way to keep myself accountable.

* I’m using a spreadsheet to track my exercise (minutes, miles, plus notes; a modified version of the “2008 Walking Spreadsheet” link on this page http://walking.about.com/cs/measure/a/blhowtrack.htm). I like seeing those miles rack up, and the pace get quicker throughout the month.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:25 PM   #5  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

I'm nervous about the trip.....its actually starting to stress me out! We have two more paychecks this week.....but things aren't stretching the way we planed.....I'm worried about the gas there and back and the extras.......We are thrilled to have the cruise.....and I know myself I won't be disappointed if I can't go "shopping" shopping on the trip.....I will enjoy all the Free stuff that comes with the tickets.......however just still stressful! with DD just starting her job.....I now have to think about her transportation to and from work if she is working the days we will be gone.......grrrr just one more thing! She is staying with friends that live around 10miles past our house from her work.......so I am having to plan on asking their daughter's boyfriend to drive her to work and possibly from work.....if I supply gas $$ or she may have to ask off for those days to make it easier for the people that she is staying with.....grrr wish I didn't worry so much!!

Today was a nice day.....as far as the Asst. in the classroom....the teacher kept her busy with copies and putting together packets for the kids.....however our handfull child was more than a handfull!

I am sooo sleepy from my lack of sleep last night....but I have to clean the carpets today so they have time to dry and if needed a second time......before my jewelry party tomorrow.....I've actually gotten a good response from girls I work with and some outside sales......I'm hoping that I won't have to put out too much in way of taxes & shipping for my free items I'm due to get!
Old 09-29-2008, 05:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi everyone. Sorry that I have been MIA. I have just not been feeling very chatty. Hopefully I will get out of this funk soon.

On a wonderful and fantastic note, I did get to go horseback riding on Sunday evening for 2 hours. I hadn't been in about 23 years and it felt super to be up there again.

I hope you are all doing fantastic.
Blessings,
Annie
Old 09-29-2008, 07:18 PM   #7  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Went for my weekly PTSD CBT therapy, and got released. Haven't had an anxiety attack in awhile, and haven't had trouble with the phone lately. Still don't like it, but I'm not afraid of it. There's nothing that can prevent flashbacks or nightmares, but both are fewer just because I'm less anxious. He said if I started having trouble, I could call and come in. I guess he shrunk my head as much as it will go.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:49 PM   #8  
Freedom in living

Catherine that is good news!
Old 09-29-2008, 08:16 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Finally made the 40 miles. Some days were harder than others....today was hard. I was ready to be done.

Annie - I hope you can pull yourself out of the funk.

Carol - I am sure you can get 40 miles....and probably more than that.

Catherine - congrats on the head shrinking.

Well, I need to get to watching some FOOTBALL (Go Steelers) and work some(boo work).

Later gators.
Angie
Old 09-29-2008, 10:05 PM   #10  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpal View Post
Hi everyone. Sorry that I have been MIA. I have just not been feeling very chatty. Hopefully I will get out of this funk soon.

On a wonderful and fantastic note, I did get to go horseback riding on Sunday evening for 2 hours. I hadn't been in about 23 years and it felt super to be up there again.

I hope you are all doing fantastic.
Blessings,
Annie
That is one thing I really want to do again.. is ride I rode from the time I was 3 until I was 18 and I miss it SO MUCH.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:26 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

evening all...

Berniece: I totally understand about the gas worries. I would love to go se my family in oklahoma..but the gas is too expensive for me.

As for me I am okie dokie...actually my tooth is hurting bad..sure I need a root cancal...so I am going to bed early tonight..

See yall laters.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:45 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi Annie, WOWEEE!!! Did it feel awfully high up there?lol It did for me after not riding for so long! Are your legs/bottom aching & are you able to walk 'normally'? lol I hope it lifted your spirits, were you in a field or out in the country? There's nothing better than viewing woods & gullies on horseback. xxxxx
Sadly my aunt died Saturday night, she'd been in a coma for a couple of days & frankly it was a blessing that she passed. We are waiting to hear when the funeral is as I will have to put my parents up and get the boys to share a room, moving all the stuff around.
I re-started (I KNOW< AGAIN) healthy weight loss, South Beach plan gain, I love the feeling of fullness protein gives me.
I have to go into town, HUGS to you all & I'll try & start replying to all your posts.
xxxxxxxxsharon
Old 09-30-2008, 12:49 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Hi ladies!

For those of you who joined the 300+ Biggest Loser Challenge, don't forget to go and post your weight for this week!!

Annie, I think we all go thru times like that where we just don't feel like talking. Don't sweat it, we know ya love us!!
O you lucky dog!!! I miss riding soooooooooo much!!

Catherine, YAY on no more therapy!!

Angie, congrats on getting in the 40 miles. That's alot of walking!!

Sharon, a big for you!!! I'm so sorry that your aunt is gone. Take care!

Ok, where's Penny? I haven't seen her for a few days now.

Carol, you getting that water in? Did you make your 40 miles?

I wonder how Battleax is doing too. Johnnie, where o where are you?? And to all the others that have been MIA for a while, come back!!! We need you here.

Time for some water. Have a good one!
Debbie
Old 09-30-2008, 10:20 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

I've had a tough day and half - hopefully things are settled down now. Scale stayed the same this week - a victory for me since I had a big release last week.

Hugs to all,
Carol
Old 09-30-2008, 10:26 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 346/346/140

Height: 5'8"

Just have time to say a quick hello. Been a busy couple days. My hubby's been home sick and then today I had an all day workshop for work.

Hope everyone is doing good!
Closed Thread