Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 10:05 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 349.8/229/165

Height: 5'9"

Dropping in to say hi! New to the group, thanks Ratkitten for the invite.

Lost 2 lbs, first week out. Thought it would be more but started my TOM, so figure thats why.

I'm counting calories, cause that's what works for me and exercising at least 30 min. daily.

I need to drop 170 pounds, 1 pound at a time .
Old 10-01-2008, 10:16 PM   #32  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

I got my behind worked off in the pool yesterday. I made the mistake of hitting the pool 45 minutes early, and the instructor decided to she how far she could push me. They're lucky they didn't have to get the big hook after me. Even my eyelids hurt. Then himself decided to call me at 3am. He's in Scotland, so that's 7 hours ahead. Then he called at 5am and 7am. He is soooo in the dog house. I'm just now recovering from muscle burn and lack of sleep. Got school tomorrow. Last week it was below freezing, tomorrow it is supposed to be in the 80's. That's the kind of weather that will make you sick quick.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:24 AM   #33  

Height: 5'7"

Just wanted to stop in and say hello. Not much going on here. SCales seem to be stuck.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:45 AM   #34  

*wavies to Momma and cfmama, Hiliary, Nueva* I'm glad you are here!

My knee has slooooowly gotten better in some aspects. It no longer hurts to the touch (ie bruising is gone), but it's still popping. Reg doc said to wait on pictures, probably because he doesn't know what views ortho doc will really want.

Not being in so much pain has improved my mood. Talk about grumpy when ya take away my bicycle!! Catherine knows what I'm talking about when they took away her pool. Speaking of which, it's a good thing Himself is far far away and not within arms reach!!! Called at 3, 5 and 7 am?? And then you have to do school? Ohhhh boy. Good thing your memory will soften by the time he comes home (maybe). Major doghouse for him!

GGG, sorry you aren't home with fuzzies (including unshaved DH). The Ozarks are pretty though! I wonder if it's chilly there too? It was 49F this morning.

Debbie, I hope you don't get DH's headcold! Mainline some vitamin C ) That always helps me a bit.

Also something that probably has improved my mood that I'm reluctantly going to mention is that I've worn that stupid cpap mask 3 nights in a row (I so hate that machine). I have to put a round bandaid on the bridge of my nose so I don't get a rash/infection. Loverly image, eh? At least the cat can't wake me up by poking her face into mine, tickling my face with her whiskers and then giving me a sandpaper lick on my nose! She likes sleeping on the hose. She thinks it's purring to her. Crazy old cat. I had to cover the hose with a felt tube so she didn't bite it and think it was a snake. Nothing like a duct taped air hose.

Best to get off my tailend and go to work!

Luv,
Ratkity
Old 10-02-2008, 10:56 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning!
Thought I better check in here before some of you get the posse out after me! (Debbie) lol
It has just been crazy here. YES! HUBBY PASSED THE TEST ON MONDAY!!! YEAH! He has an interview today and best of luck to him. He is not holding his breath on it though, not sure one way or the other on it. He'll know more after he meets with them. Yep, them (president, vice-pres., marketing person, computer person, sales person, and a couple others) ! He is a little nervous to be headed for the firing squad!! That doesn't usually happen on a first interview with a company. So we will see, it is about 3 hours north of here, so probably a move. It is a little less than he was hoping for, so we will see. My reasoning was, why waste the gas if you are not sure. He replied, it's a job and they will eventually reimburse for the gas. So we will see. I am still waiting to hear on a couple of jobs also. Been exercising but not doing so well with the water. I'll work on that. laundry is all done and downstairs is clean except for daughter's rooms. So I am caught up on some cleaning. I just had to bake cupcakes for girls scout meeting today, so I will have to take them to school later. I have 2 girls to measure for band uniforms which I will be making this week. Hooray! So let's hope I can find fabric and cording to match!! Kinda excited about it. One girl came this morning and who knows when the other will show up!
That is about all the catching up for now! I will try and do better on checking in, just some days it is kinda tough the way the situation is here right now. Thanks, Penny
Old 10-02-2008, 04:57 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Nueva: Hugs to you. We all do things and buy things that we know we shouldn't. Maybe to test our own wills, who knows. I hope you didn't succumb and eat more but, if you did, today is a brand new day!

Hilary: Welcome. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better. Glad you are here.

Sheltie: It is amazing how much more work we are able to get done when our DH's are not around. lol.

Carol: I hope you don't get too lonely for your family. Hugs.

Bigmomma: Welcome and congrats on the -2 pounds so far! I'm glad you are here. Everyone here is so awesome and supportive. I love these guys.

Catherine: Good for you working out so hard in the pool. I hope the weather doesn't make you sick.

Debi: My scales are stuck too! UGH. I think it has to do with approching TOM.

Rat: I'm proud of you for wearing the cpap. I know it always helped me to feel better and more rested the next day. Glad you knee is a bit better too.

Penny: Congrats to your DH on passing the test. I hope he gets the job of his dreams that will meet all of your needs. Sounds like you are one busy lady lately.

Well, I am going to do some exercising. I lowered my minutes goal to 1500 per month. I think that is more doable right now for me and I won't feel like such a failure for not meeting my goal of 2000.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 10-02-2008, 05:56 PM   #37  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Hey there everyone,

I know I'm barely around much, but I'm still struggling with getting a schedule into place that works for me. I've pretty much committed to doing all of my homework each night I come home (which I'm done at the moment). Last week I ended up spending all day Wed (my day off) and the weekend playing catch up. I'm not saying that I won't do any homework on those days, but I'd really like to keep them sort-of free.

School is good, but definitely keeping me busy. We've already had a math test and I've got two more coming the next two weeks (in the evening too)... boo hiss. Actually just looked at the calendar and it's 4 tests (1 a mid-term) in the next 5 weeks... that I know of. The weight loss is still going well, just in a groove of sorts. I made last week a rest/maintenance week as I caught the bug that was going around and decided I didn't want to try fighting it off while cutting calories as well. I'm kind of skittish about that since the last time I tried that.

I think that's about it. I need to go put dinner on, but thought I would take a minute and say hello. I do hope everyone is doing well and having a good week!
Old 10-02-2008, 07:59 PM   #38  
BlockHead =)

Just popping in to say hi. I haven't been in a posting mood much this week. Trying to get a fresh start on the exercise with the start of the month. Took a long nap this afternoon as a headache has been plaguing me the past couple of days. Made a low carb meatloaf last night (I've found so many great recipes on 3FC!) that DH and I both loved. I'm supposed to make chicken divan tonight but I think I will let him bring something home after bowling. I will have to look at menus online and figure out what will fit into my plan. If the headache is better I will catch up on personals tomorrow. Hoping all is going well for all of you!
Jen
Old 10-02-2008, 08:15 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Annie, he's doing alot better today. He took yesterday off, but went in today. I wish he would of taken one more day though.
How did the exercise go? Are you off and running? Don't you ever think you are a failure. Just look in the mirror and see how much you've accomplished!!

cfmama, how's it going?

Mimi, o my!! The donuts!! EEEKKKK!!!!

HilaryAnne, So glad you found us. What plan are you on?

Brie, Enjoy the time off with hubby!

Carol, how was the trip? Where did you go?

bigmomma, congrats on the 2 lbs gone!! Keep up the good work!

Catherine, how ya feeling after yesterdays workout? LOL....himself is just too funny.

Debi, I know exactly what you mean.

Ratkity, I can just picture you there with the cpap on, taped up with duct tape, and a kitty trying to get to your nose. Don't ya just love them furry people?

Penny, I get the feeling you like to sew? The band uniforms would be so hard but I bet you can sew them up to look like a professional! Hope hubby gets the job!

Anne, glad to see ya! Sounds like alot of homework and lots of tests. I'm sure you'll master them all. You sound like a very committed person to whatever you get involved with. Hope you find a schedule that works for you soon.

Jen, hi!

Jim is better and off to work tonight so I'm sitting her getting ready to make some more beads. I have to have quiet to get myself organized and into it. Pretty soon I'm going to try and make some jewelry with my beads and see how that goes. Water and food is going well but not seeing movement on the scales. I think the stupid TOM is approaching.
toodles
Debbie
Old 10-02-2008, 09:12 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Hi guys,

Lots of work drama, but not feeling like dredging it all up. All will be fine.

I have been a little sick today, but that too is ok. I was at 330.6 this morning, so that was pretty exciting. I won't make it to my 326 goal for our trip, but that's ok. Because at some point I will make it. Probably won't hit my goal of 300 this year either. But that's also ok. Slow and steady will win this race.

Well, I just wanted to check in. I am watching the debate and the Cubs game at the same time. Politics irritates me greatly, as I am blunt, and politics is all about deception (bipartisan deception). And the Cubs...please don't break my heart.

Take care and talk to you all later,
Angie
Old 10-02-2008, 10:01 PM   #41  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

I have a few minutes while my oat slice is baking. I am making three batches - two with walnuts/sultanas/apricot for hubby and one with walnuts/sultanas/apple for me. That makes a LOT of oat bars, but they freeze well and it saves me baking for a little while. We can only get egg whites frozen in a liter container over here, so I have to bake three batches to use up the egg whites. It is a bit of a pain that we can't get egg whites in any other form.

We should have a nice day today, although it is only going to get to 18C/64F, which is still a little cool for me. Neil only works in the morning, so hopefully we'll get out this afternoon for a while. We have to go to a memorial garden (for war veterans I think) close to the city where there has been a plaque placed for Dad. We want to get photos of the plaque and surrounding grounds to show Mum. I saw the grounds once and wanted to go and have a look around some time, as they looked quite beautiful, so I am glad that is where they have placed the memorial for Dad.

We are off to visit Mum on Sunday and will stay there for a few days, but then hopefully will be back for a few days so Neil can just relax and do whatever he wants. He has had a VERY busy term at work.

Brenda - I am glad you had a good vacation. It is sad that the 'real' world hits so quickly after a vacation huh? I always feel as though the 'high' from the vacation should last a LOT longer, but housework, work and regular old everyday things just bring you back to earth a little to fast I think.

Cyn - I'd love to see your pumpkins, if you could put up the link to your Etsy store once you get it all set up. I used to enjoy different crafts, but I'm not sure if I've lost the interest, or just seem to be too tired and run out of time. I love looking at things other people make though, and I would probably buy WAY too many of them if I wasn't saving for the holiday at the moment.

Debbie - Thanks for the comments about my exercise. I have to admit that this is probably the best month I have had for a long time. I seem to have jumped back on the exercise wagon much faster and easier than I have jumped back on the "stop eating so much" wagon. I have even been having a few 'not-so-healthy' snacks a little more often than I am happy with, but I think it is the added, daily healthy snacks that are stopping me from losing the last bit of weight I am aiming for.
I hope your hubby is feeling better really soon. Changing temps all the time certainly don't help with health. I wish I had someone like you to make me some chicken and noodle soup when I was sick.

Annie - I'm glad you decided to lower your exercise goal a little. I find that 1200 mins a month (average of 40 mins a day, which I can cope with) is a good amount for me and then I just feel really good when I do more than that. I have often thought that I should raise it, but I don't want to disappoint myself if I don't reach a higher goal. To extend myself I just add the jogging intervals, or walk/jog on an incline on the treadmill.
I was VERY happy to hear that you dropped that course with the extremely rude instructor. I can only imagine the damage he is doing by training people to be just like him, whereas he could do so much more good by encouraging them to be more accepting and supporting of ANY people who are courageous enough to request personal training.

Carol - Sorry you are missing your babies - both furry and slightly less furry ones - but hopefully they all make up for your absence when you get home.
I envy you when you DO get to see the fall colours. I see pictures of fall scenes over there and I just love all of those beautiful colours. We have VERY mild changes of colours over here and never seem to have the masses of amazing colours that I see pictures of from over there. Our holiday over there at Christmas will not exactly give me the opportunity to see much in the way of greenery or fall colours either. Oh well... I'll just keep looking at pictures and sighing.

bigmomma - Welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here with us. I read here at least once a day, but don't find time to post enough, but I love the support and encouragement the lovely people here offer.
Isn't TOM a pain! I lost weight consistently for almost TWO years without TOM (I was on a contraceptive that stopped my period for that time) and then I went off the contraceptive and all of a sudden I got my first GAIN of weight as TOM approached. I was NOT happy. I hope you are back on track again soon.

Catherine - Although you are aching at the moment, I have a feeling that you would prefer that the instructor pushed you a little more than just assumed that you couldn't do much. I remember once when you said that you had to actually work yourself harder because the instructor was keeping the lesson too gentle (at least I THINK it was you who said that). I hope that the aches reduce quickly and I know you will learn to love those classes as you usually do.
Obviously Himself was missing you WAY too much for his own good. He even risked waking you up to talk to you! Wow!!! That shows just how incredibly he must have been missing you. I think that is really sweet... although I am glad it wasn't ME he was waking up.

Ratkity - I'm glad that your knee is getting better. Being in constant pain does NOT bring about a very positive person. Good for you that you are wearing the cpap mask as well. I know how much it bothers you, but it seems as though the benefits could be worth it.

Penny - Congratulations on hubby passing the test! I am not sure whether you have said what job he is doing the test for, but I hope everything turns out perfectly for you both. If you are looking for a job as well, that could be a little difficult if you get a job near where you live at the moment and hubby gets a job in a place further away. That would be GOOD difficult, but still difficult. It sounds as though you have been VERY busy. You sound very talented as well.

Anne - I have always thought that I would love to study something new, but I know that I wasn't the best student when I was actually at school/college, so I think I would be even worse now. My problem is that I love learning new things, and attending Professional Development, but I don't like tests. I would get all the way to the end and then not want to do the exams, so wouldn't get the final qualification for all that work. I may have to work on that 'test phobia' I have.

Well, once again I have gone on a little too much, but I had to get some catching up done while I had the time. I am just going to put the third batch of oat bars into the oven, so all is going well this end. I hope you all have a great end of your week and are looking forward to a wonderful weekend.

Take care,

Zelma
Old 10-02-2008, 11:12 PM   #42  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

So this week has proven to be a busy one! I had my jewelry party and earned myself $310 worth of free stuff! (well taxes & shipping I had to pay) The lady is awesome and lent me 4 sets to wear on my cruise! I'm really thinking on joining......if it earns me some extra money....great.....but it definately will get me some NICE jewelry at a great bargain!! LOL

We are getting things prepared for our Cruise.....need to pack tomorrow night! YIKES!!! no where near ready to do that!!! Laundry!!! wish I was rich & could just go buy new clothes whenever I didn't feel like washing LOL

I am not sure if I will post while I am away......might find some time on the ship! LOL but wont guarantee that idea! LOL We are leaving out Sat driving to Florida then hopping on the Ship Sunday!!!

School has been VERY taxing yesterday we had a repreave (our toughest case was home)....but today he made up for it! Dh showed up late in the afternoon with 24 roses one for each year we've been married & a bunch of balloons! We had an early dinner and then he had to meet a client to sell a car.........

DD started working this week and since she has just her permit.........all you moms out there know what that intails! LOL Mom driving her there and picking her up so yes more running around! LOL

We have some great friends that are getting stationed in Alaska that own a house here.........so we are going to move into the house and pay their morgage for them......they didn't want to sell....and we LOVE their house! So after the Cruise we will be busy busy busy moving, painting and cleaning to be in on the 1st of Nov!!! The only downfall is our internet is through our cable company & we have had the same email for over 6yrs! well where the house is this cable company doesn't service!!! so now comes the daunting task to switch EVERYTHING I do online to a new email address!!! LOL but if that is the only inconvience well I guess I can live! The new house has 5 bedrooms 3full baths 1 half bath!! LOTS of yard!!! I can have a garden!!!!! (those of you who had success PLEASE I NEEEEEED help in the spring!!)

So as you can see the next 3 weeks are going to be very busy with me!!!! I will try to pop in as often as I can!

talk to you all later!
Old 10-03-2008, 08:49 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Bernice: Goodness lady....a cruise to (sorry I forgot where lol) and moving within a month!!! (hugs..and cheers) to you girlie!!! Also I totally know about the permit thing. My son has had his a while and everytime I get in the car with him, I clinch my fists and apply the brake for him on my floor of the car lol. You have fun on your cruise!!!!!!

My oldest son FINALLY got a job at a theatre by us.!!!! Poor kid has been applying everywhere and finally got this job. I think that he will like it. You would think living in a big city he would be able to find a job, but times our rough I suppose. I am just thankful he found something. He wants to save to get a car....(cringe))

There has been major drama at work. The room I work in there are 4 of us ladies...for the past 3 years we have all got along great!! One of them is my best friend..anyhow...they brought in another girl..and I do mean girl..from another dept. Dont get me wrong she is nice...great kids..BUT she is a gossiper!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We all hate it!!!!! Yesterday I had about enough...probably over stepped my boundaries..but I finally said...gosh I hope you dont tell everyone our life stories like you tell us about everyone elses! Sometimes people dont want to hear gossip. She was quiet. But I am too dang old for office gossip!! LOL We will see if I am pulled into the bosses office today lol. Dont worry I will stand my ground. I mean it is bad, she tells us about why other people are getting fired...what their salaries are...whos sleeping with who. good grief!

As for my weightloss...I have been doing great with water!! And believe me we are not that good of friends lol

I am glad that it is friday....I need a good weekend!
Old 10-03-2008, 09:27 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Zelma - it's so nice to see you. You always energize me - thank you!

Hugs to all,
Carol
Old 10-03-2008, 11:38 AM   #45  
Twilight Nov. 21st '08

S/C/G: 386/363/150

Height: 5'7

I must have lost my mind today. I have not been to sleep since yesterday and I decided to go to Curves for my 30 min and then go for my first water aerobics class at the right after that. which was 60 mins. That's more exercise in a day than I have been managing to get in a week. I have a feeling this is gonna hurt for awhile but I will be better for it. Let's just hope I can walk after I get some sleep.

I had a proud moment yesterday. For whatever crazy reason, my Mom decided it would be ok to bring home Frostys from Wendy's. I was very angry at her for doing that, to say the least. I asked her what size she got figuring it would be a small. No, she got a large for both of us. I really couldn't believe she did that. She is literally killing herself with all the diabetes and heart disease problems and she "thought it would be ok"? Well it was too late to do anything about her cause she had already eaten it, but I really let her have it and read to hers the calories and sugar content in what she just put in her body. I thought I might eat a little of mine for dessert but I took one bite and poured the rest of it down the sink. It wasn't even that good to be, it was kind of gross being so sweet. Now if I could just get my mother to realize how serious this is and stop making bad choices.

Well I am feeling the lack of sleep now, so I'm gonna eat a little something and crash. I hope everyone has a great weekend and makes good choices for themselves.
Closed Thread