Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 03:10 PM   #106  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Hi Battle...what kind of recreational activities are you thinking of engaging in?? Do you ever go bicycle riding? I hadn't been on a bicycle in years, until I got my new one at Christmas and I forgot how wonderful it is to ride with the wond in your hair! It doesn't even bother me what others might say when they see me as an overweight person on a bike! I love to ride! I'm so with you on buffets. Nigel and I both always "want to get our money's worth!" if we go. Our favorite restaurants also are not buffets so its easier for me too. I'd rather only go out to dinner once a week and eat at a favorite more expensive restaurant than to go to a few buffets or lesser expensive places more often. It keeps dining out much more enjoyable for me that way. Hope you are having a fabulous day.

Catherine...I cracked up when you mentioned the icy hot meets the toilet seat! hahaha Somehow I just at that moment had an incredible vision of someone slipping off and wedging between the WC and the wall! OMG...that would be so terrible...I'd be black and blue all over! Your posts always seem to indicate this vibrant lady who is leading and has lead a most exciting life!

Valerie...does your DH drive a truck?

Wenny....KUDOS to you....you'll get that clinker moved on that scale! As far as the possibilities out there...as you mentioned...Yes, there are still GREAT men out there who can appreciate a lovely lady and love them unconditionally for who they are.

For nancy, battle, wenny….anyone else who might be jaded….
I remember after meeting Nigel...I was so jaded. I mean I didn't trust anyone, especially a man! I wasn't a "man basher" I just didn't trust that if a man showed interest it could be sincere and genuine. I thought when I looked into the mirror and say me as this fat person, that how could anyone else see beyond that as well. Then despite what I would tell myself, I would fret and think, why can't a man love me for who I am and not for what he sees....I'm an intelligent lady, funny and giving...I think I would defeat myself. The first year after my divorce I didn't date at all. I was still reeling from the divorce after being married 21 years. When a spouse has been unfaithful, its hard to find the strength to trust again. I tested the dating water a bit in the 2nd year after my divorce but when the man I was seeing tried to get closer and starting wanting a deeper more committed relationship, I bolted like a wild pony in Montana! He was a fabulous man...it was me. Then I had three short lived relationships (all 6-8 months long) over the next 3 years…all of whom would have entered into a serious relationship but I was not willing. As soon as the relationship started to get more serious…I ran! I was very jaded. My ex had remarried within the first 3 months of our divorce and not to the lady whom he was unfaithful with! I couldn’t understand at all. When I met Nigel I was NOT looking for a relationship…I just wanted to find a decent man whom I could have a Saturday night date with to go to the movies or a concert. When I met Nigel, He was working from out of state on a project within his company that was in the town I lived in. He is an engineer and from England. I love his accent! I was hesitant from the beginning about any sort of long term relationship because he lived in Ohio and I loved in Florida. He was there on assignment for 2 weeks. We had a blast and saw each other every night except one, when I said I needed some space. He became serious very fast. I was jaded. He said the most amazing things to me. Endearing things. And I would find myself thinking, yeah…unhuh…he is just after one thing! I kept him at arms length. He never gave up. He left and went back to Ohio and we continued to talk via the telephone. A few weeks later he came back to Florida on business again and we saw each other and went to dinner. He said many things that time…about needing me in his life and that some how God could and would make a way. He was seeking God’s will and I was seeking my own. I remember distinctly one night after a long conversation about love and marriage and about me spouting… I am NOT moving to Ohio, I don’t want to marry again, EVER….I don’t need a man to take care of me I can take care of myself…and he looked at me and was so serious…and he tilted his head slightly and looked over the rim of his glasses…and looked me square in the eyes and said, Susan, If not me then who? I remember hearing his voice and seeing his lips move but it wasn’t really him. It was God speaking through him and it hit me like a ton of bricks…I was the one who wouldn’t allow MYSELF to be loved. I could easily love and give love…only I couldn’t accept it in return. From that moment on I decided to let love in. Things moved rather fast after that moment. I did quit my job and move to Ohio to support him. I had my own apartment and he had his house. We grew closer. We took his boys on a 3 week vacation out West to Denver and had an amazing time. Had I not been willing to let God direct me I would probably still be running from Love. 9 months later he proposed. I accepted. 4 months after that we married on 7-7-7. Love is an amazing thing. I had to learn how to let myself BE LOVED for all that I was and all that I am….AND all that I am not or may never become. We are coming up to our first anniversary in a few months…and we are as much in love now as we ever were. Was it an easy road….the years I spent crying myself to sleep and feeling so alone and blaming my weight for not having a meaningful relationship…no it was a long hard road! I built that “wall” higher and higher each year. Nigel continues to support me in everything I attempt to do….and our love for each other continues to deepen. If the fairy tale can come true for me…then I know it can come true for many others. Open yourself to be loved. Take a chance on YOURSELF. Love is amazing.

Annie…I hope your day is fabulous as well hugs to you
rainbowsmiles
Old 03-14-2008, 08:13 PM   #107  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

I do agree on the buffet, as far as needing to know how to eat our new way even if we are at a buffet....I feel I did well last night. I guess I still do have the "diet" mentality and felt I over indulged. I am glad I felt that way though.....since if I could justify it by saying "I need to treat myself since I've done so good this long" or something else that would then send me to the freezer where 4 more boxes of thin mints & two logs of Nestle tollhouse cookie dough sit & wait for me to mail out to my son......where I wouldn't stop......so I guess at least if nothing else it taught us to appreciate the changes we have made this last month. I went with somewhat of a plan.........no more than one portion of fried food items & more than 1/2 my plate was veggies.

I guess since we have been out to sit down restaurants where I can order something healthy and feel good about my choice, going to the Chinese place was harder since there was so much bad stuff to decide what was good....
as far as buffets go....we will probably not have issues with the regular ones....because of the variety of good choices.

tonight I made a HUGE salad with shredded chicken.........I figured it would do us both good to avoid rice or pasta tonight and get some extra fiber in! LOL

I listened to a really good Podcast today while I was walking/waiting for my daughter's show choir to finish practice! I am going to type up some key points that really hit home for me......I think some of you might get something from it too!

well good night ladies, and hopefully you will sleep ok (since we are all drinking more water, there is that pesky potty issue!)
Old 03-14-2008, 08:24 PM   #108  

Height: 5'7"

hello everyone.
well I have the flu. THe test came back postive. I moved from the bed to the couch today and thats about it. Still trying to eat 3 times a day. I really like what I saw on the scale this morning. We will see what it say tommorow or the next day.
Have a good weekend everyone
debi
Old 03-14-2008, 09:01 PM   #109  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Good evening all,

I'm sore, tired, but I'll live. I went back to the workout A today (all total I do variations of it 12 times). I did manage to not fall off the ball... as much, during the last exercise. I have a feeling that I'm going to be quite sore tomorrow. Oh well, right now I'm actually quite up, but that probably won't last.

Debbie - I really don't know how I do it myself. I think being stuck in the house all day and not wanting to go outside is probably making it easier. It will likely become more difficult when it gets nice enough to work outside. Chips used to be my big thing, but thinking back I never ate the single bag of chips that my mother takes a few of on Fridays (with our hamburger). I always bought my own, so this is probably why I can avoid them. Soy nuts aren't a bad substitute if you're really craving salty. I've been good with them since I bought them, filling an ounce (134 cals, 10g protein) into a container. The trick is to never refill them just after eating them. I tend to refill the container after dinner, when I'm the least likely to eat more. I'm also thinking less about the ice cream bars in the freezer, although I'll probably try and work one in on Sunday. Lower fat/cal fudge and brownies are probably a great idea.

Bernice - congrats on the buffet. I'm most definitely not there yet.

BattleAx -
glad to hear that you're back on plan. And yes, it is amazing how quickly you can gain weight back when you're not careful. Increasing your protein should help with hunger. Late night snacking has always been a problem for me. When I can't sleep I would just think of what I could eat. I find that a 90-cal protein shake before bed seems to stop that completely.

Catherine - sorry to tell you, but there are muscles everywhere, even though we don't think it. Hopefully it's a passing thing, that won't interfere with the rest of your cleaning.

Carol - It's really not that much. I really think the treadmill time is just a little more than if I was out working. The last couple of jobs I've had involved a fair amount of walking around during the day. I'm wavering between doing a little walking tomorrow and doing none, we'll see how I am in the morning. I likely won't bother increasing the speed on the treadmill until the incline doesn't get my heart rate up. I'm really doing it more for endurance, and to strengthen my leg muscles. The highest I do is 10% incline, and it's quite tough. I usually either start low/end high, start high/end low, or go back and forth. We'll see if I keep it up in the spring when I go out and start working in the garden.

Annie - hope the computer isn't too badly corrupted. Although I have some decent backups I do not do them as often as I should. Perhaps you've given me a task for the coming days.

Debi - sorry you've got the flu, get lots of rest, and maybe you'll be lucky with a short bout only.

I think that's it for me tonight. I'm back to one good night of sleep, followed by a poor one. So even though I tried to sleep early last night it was the poor one. Maybe tonight will be the good one. We're off to buy (what's probably too much) lamb tomorrow morning. It's on special at one of the local grocery stores, but cut up. The other one has whole and halves only. I checked first, and as long as I make sure to trim it well it should be a fine addition. If nothing else I'll have to start looking for lamb recipes to work on. It's been a long time since I've made any so we'll see how it goes.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:12 PM   #110  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Rainbow-I am actually a very boring housewife.

Battle-I’m with you, I stay away from buffets because I always want to get my money’s worth, and that just screws up my head.

Debi-Get better soon, yikes.

Anne-When it comes to lamb, I like to keep it simple. I use crushed garlic, lemon juice, and Greek oregano. You can add some olive oil or balsamic vinegar, and just marinate overnight in a roasting dish in the fridge, and then plunk it in the oven the next day.

I finally got around to using my Christmas gift cards. I bought new plates. Now I can have a nice sit down dinner with just a few people rather than paper plates with the 7th Calvary.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:40 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Hey Everyone. I know I haven't been around for a few weeks. I went through a major bout of my depression/bi polar, and then my Grandma was admitted to the hospital. I spent about two weeks up at the hospital with nearly every free moment I had, but she passed. So, I haven't been online a whole lot, because it's been rough for me.

But, on the bright side, I've lost 10 pounds since Sunday. At least something's going right. I probably won't be around this weekend, but I hope to start posting again next week. *hugs to everyone*
Old 03-14-2008, 10:50 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Bernice, It sounds like you had a lovely dinner and really didn't do bad at all. And then a nice walk to boot! All in all, it sounds like it was a really nice time.

Catherine, is this a great opportunity for Himself to rub your hiney or what? Really though, hope you didn't pull anything but it's just a bit stretched from doing all that reaching while polishing up the church.

Carol, nope, haven't tried that. I've been staying away from salt so much, I think that is why I was craving it. I had my fit, so I'm over it and the craving is gone. I'll be waiting for the ideas and thanks so much.

Annie, so you live that close to the Idaho/Washington border huh? That's pretty cool! It still sucks though that they won't pay you that money. Hope all goes well with the puter.

Wendy, feel better soon!

Anne, I've been having trouble sleeping lately too. Last night I was up til about 11:30 and then awake at 4 til about 7 and then slept til 10. The only thing I can think of is starting this new venture. I'm just constantly thinking of what I need to get done and then.....I think I think too much!
I hope you get the much needed rest so you can feel better.

Kayley, sorry to hear about your grandma. Good news on the 10 lbs gone!

Last night my dear dogs decided to get in a fight over stupid cat food. I got in the middle of it trying to pull them apart, and guess who ended up with a dog bite? Yep, right on my wrist. It finally quit bleeding this morning. It's a bit swollen, but I'll live. Next time they can just fight amongst themselves...I'm not doing that again.
They finally found out what was wrong with my Mom. It's something weird, Collagenous Colitis or something like that. Her body makes too much collagen which results in upsetting her bowels, and boom....you know what happens. So hopefully the new meds will take care of it. Even the doc told her he's never had a patient with this but he's heard of it. She gets some weird stuff happening to her.
Went off OP a bit last night but back at it again today. Didn't get enough water though, so I'll be drinking that at karaoke tonight.
Enjoy your evening!
Debbie
Old 03-15-2008, 07:11 AM   #113  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

{{{{{{{{Kayley}}}}}}} sorry to hear about your grandma. Glad to hear you lost 10lbs!!! You go girl!

Debi-sorry you feel poorly, I hope you get well real soon! Glad that scale gave you some good news!

Anne- Sounds like you are doing so good with your workout!!! I don’t think I can balance on that silly Ball! My DD has one but I haven’t even attempted it LOL. I don’t think I’ve ever tried lamb before.....is it similar to any other kind of meat? Ohhh wait! Is Mutten lamb? I’ve had that!

Rainbow-I was touched by how you opened yourself up & your feelings to share with the other girls who maybe having the same thing happen to them. It takes alot to share an area we too have struggled with. Great Job!!!

Catherine- Great choice on the new plates! I would like to do that soon! I have two sets of black dishes(not the same style but close enough) for larger dinners (12) and then I have the mix of the years LOL I think I have 3 different styles in that each having no more than 3 pieces LOL If we do more than 12 which quite often we do! Its paper plates here!

Debbie- Wow over catfood? Hope your wrist heals up fine. Our Dogs fight over a squeaky toy! LOL but usually the Lab snatches it away from the poodle & runs for him to chase her. So you karaoke? Kewl! My Dh & 3 of the 4 kids can sing.....unfortunately for one son he has inherited my singing ability.......I’ve handed him my bucket........since I can’t carry a tune in it maybe he can!!! hehehe

So ok HOW do you girls that drink more than 50oz of water live???? I seriously have some bathroom issues with water level increase! Matter of fact I woke up twice last night and then woke up at 6am (ON SATURDAY!) LOL I did manage to get a little bit more than 50oz last night but wow! I’m gonna have to work on drink/potty LOL

I find myself sitting at work too much! I need to make that a goal I think. Working in a special needs classroom we do all our classes in groups and thus I sit! LOL so maybe I need to walk around more? I am going to work on it this next week!

Well today is laundry day & I must vacuum & shampoo the carpets! I could make that a workout huh? LOL

Toodles peeples
Bernice

Last edited by DMPLS; 03-15-2008 at 07:13 AM.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:43 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 300/280/190

Good Morning all,

Kayleystar-- so sorry to hear about your grandma I am going through similiar things right now. Mine is in the hospital with her heart.

DMPLS and everyone else about the chinese buffet-- IT is my biggest downfall (up until I got sick on it last time) before I started watching my weight my family never had to ask where I wanted to eat. It was always chinese buffet. Coconut Shrimp, sesame chicken, and orange chicken with a pile of fried rice, Crab Ragoons, egg rolls you name it. After I got sick on it a few weeks ago (the sushi) I decided I would rather not go back again for a long time it is just not worth it. The other buffet I cannot control myself at is a pizza buffet.

Well, we go Wednesday to sign the papers on the house and then begins the wonderful task of painting, cleaning, moving, cleaning the condo etc etc. I figure it will be summer before I can sit down again. I am excited about the house,but already wore out at the thought of moving. We have 2 storage units plus the condo to get into this house. Our old house was way bigger than anything we had been in since we left it thus the 2 storage units. The kids are excited about the back yard if it would stop raining and snowing in Ohio they might get to play in it.

Food has been ok...everyone wanted Bacon Cheeseburgers last nite and had been whinning over turkey burger and chicken burgers... so I made the real deal and they made me sick of course. So back on my normal eating.

I am going to go down the points that are equal to my doctors weight he has me at..

Catch everyone later.

Tina
Old 03-15-2008, 10:17 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Morning Ladies...

Thanks for all the HUGS!!! Sometiems ya just need them. Hubby will be home from his sisters in Alabama on monday so that will help a bit. Today me and my youngest son, he is 13, are going to the movies and where ever else. Free day today no cleaning or anything closely related to work. Yea I think counceling will be good for me.

Kayley..hun I am so sorry for the passing of your Grandma. I have lost both my grandparents, and since they raised me it has been rough. I will keep your healing in my prayers.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:46 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Good morning Peeps - we woke up to - you'll never guess - SNOW again. Today is the big Snake Saturday parade in our community - we weren't planning on attending but I'm sure this will keep lots of the little ones in too.

I'm really kicking myself - I mentioned to my sister the cardio/circuit training I do at the hospital - the low cost of it - the benefits of being in a smaller setting rather than a big gym, etc - and she plans to go now. Dangit - this is my thing. She needs to lose weight - as much as I do - but she is a know it all and will be fiercely competitive - why did I forget who I was talking to. I'm trying to go into this with the same attitude I've had - I am only competing against me and striving to do better.

OK - so I'm also fighting this now nearly 2 week, not by choice, maintenance. I'm mixing up the calories a bit. Honestly, I think my body is playing catch up but it can play catch up later - I want the scale to move and I want it NOW.

Need to get busy around here - didn't get much done yesterday - after the vet came I felt a little guilty and just spoiled the pups.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE. See you after my swim - Catherine - I'll get to experience your earlier post - swimming with big snow.

Hugs to everyone,
Carol
Old 03-15-2008, 10:55 AM   #117  
742,000 calories burned

Carol-I do the same thing. I get excited, mention it to someone else, and then regret it. I was trying to get a friend who's diabetic and really needs it to come to the pool with me, and then was horrified at the idea that she would be in there with me. She decided to go to Curves instead much to my relief.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:04 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Catherine - yes, I always kick myself later. I'm not going to bring it up and since I won't see her until Easter maybe she will forget about it. I really value this as "my" thing and don't want to share it with anyone I know.

We're going to try your crunches in the water today - when I mentioned it to my trainer he thinks he will sink - I had to laugh as I have enough buoyancy for both of us.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:59 PM   #119  

Height: 5'11"

Hi everyone:

Sorry to be off for a few days. Yesterday was the check-in with the doc about my leg. I do have a walking cast, though I'm still on crutches, but I'm going to have the cast on for 2 more weeks than they had originally predicted -- another month like this! Agh!

The good news is that I can start riding the exercise bike again and I can rest my foot on the ground, so I can sit better at the desk and can start moving again
Old 03-15-2008, 03:08 PM   #120  
742,000 calories burned

Walrus-I had a non-walking cast when I was 16 that I was just telling someone about yesterday. I'd had ankle surgery, and they cut a porthole in it so that they could change the dressing and take out the stitches. It was soaked through with goo, and I had it on for 3 months in summer in Oklahoma. Man, did that thing smell, and we lived down wind from the slaughterhouses, so I knew from bad smell. He wanted to know if I wanted to bronze it when it finally came off. I wanted to put it in a biohazard incinerator.
Closed Thread