Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 06:09 PM   #61  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Well good afternoon all (almost evening really),

I got on better today, although I suspect my lunges could be closer to the ground. I did take a little air out of the ball, and managed to not roll off. I'll try adding air later on, once I feel my balance is better. Although the exercise from Monday will be repeated on Friday, so that is likely the true test. Even though it took me a few minutes more for today's routine I don't feel as wiped out. On thinking about it, maybe I did an hour ago.

Again, not much going on here at the moment. The weather has warmed up a bit, but not enough to make any real inroads at melting the snow. If nothing else, at least it's sunny out. It seems to make things a little better.

Sandy - I think working out with someone the first time might help. If nothing else, they could help steady the ball. I do think it could lead to lots of laughter. As long as you don't mind making an a** out of yourself in front of someone else.

Catherine -
that's quite a task you've picked for yourself. I suspect you could very well count it as your exercise minutes. Good luck with it.

Earthshaker - Looking foward to lots more posts from you.

Mimi - you'll see that Dmpls has started a water challenge, so let's fill up that pool!

Luan - sending best wishes for your weigh in on the 20th. Keeping up here sometimes can be hard, but even if you're busy just drop in and say hello every now and then.

Carol - I have random issues with the site every now and then. I've learned to type up longer posts in Notepad, then copy it in and format it. The problems (when they happen) only seem to last for a few minutes. If I find the site slow, or non-responsive I usually go do something else and check back in a few minutes. I suspect at certain times there are just lots of people on the site, straining the server.

Debi - making myself eat enough is a struggle from time to time. Don't get me wrong, I can eat lots of stuff when I put my mind to it. I just have to remind myself that the body needs enough fuel to keep itself running well. It's the same with water. When I first started tracking calories in December it went well, but I still had some odd times when I felt I should have lost more. I realised that (a) I was keeping calories lower than I'd planned, and (b) some days I was drinking almost no water. That's why I first started tracking how much I was drinking. It seemed to get rid of those wild 3lb jumps overnight.

Annie - good luck on the new job. It's easy to say, but you should never do a job you hate. My father worked for a company he hated for almost 30 years. My mother says that it really changed him. I know sometimes financial situations make it impossible to walk away easily, but in the end doing a job you like is such a better choice.

rainbowsmiles -

Sharon - I always think that personals are a bonus. Having people check in and tell us what's up/down/happening is more important. Especially when time is short, or motivation is lacking. Hope you're feeling better, even if it's just a little every day.

Julee - DH is right, you need to go. Even if it's just to see what type of exercises you can maybe do at home to help your back. Decades ago (I do mean it, 17-yrs) I did some damage to my knee and one shoulder while rollerskating. The shoulder was dislocated and the knee took the brunt of a crash into a wall. Of course, I was 15 and you know at that age nothing stops you. For years (like 10) after the shoulder used to pop out when I turned a certain way lifting anything. And I'm not sure it's a coincidence that it's that same knee that always acts up.

Penny - you're right, every little bit of exercise helps. My mother doesn't exercise regularly (she surprised me today wanting to use the treadmill), but she's always puttering around. I'm pretty sure her back and forth / up and down stairs all day is what lets her eat the bags of candy she buys without putting on any weight.

TheWalrus - I've heard that some people use acupunture for stop smoking help, maybe they do it for snacking as well. I'm mostly kidding about that. I'm a true wuss when it comes to the idea of someone sticking needles into me.

Debbie - I know in Ontario the only way you can get a kitchen certified is to have a separate one. My mother used to sell real estate and it was a common thing for people to specifically look for what used to be called canning kitchens that they wanted to convert to commercial use. When it comes to the fall, I just wish we had a canning kitchen. In this house there's just no room in the basement (too bad). On the 'up a couple of pounds', I've heard that sore muscles will retain water. I saw that a little on Tuesday morning, but who knows. I think I'm in a flat period, so it's hard to tell. I'm beginning to see some trends with the daily weigh-ins so I'm not really paying attention to what it all means.

Wendy - I always feel when you have the flu that it's more important to keep hydrated, and get well. The rest you can take care of once you're feeling better. Hopefully it's a short-time version you have.

Well, time to go start dinner preparations. Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:45 PM   #62  

Greetings my Loverly Peeps!

I am feeling a little bit of the fog lifting, but am still exhausted due to work (mentally). I saw the employee assistance counselor and she really helped. When I walked in, I had my doubts. I will see her again next week and I have a list of things to do focus on defusing my stress when I go home from work.

Hugs and Luv,
Ratkity
Old 03-12-2008, 07:47 PM   #63  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

OMG!!! I found my old password for my original 3fc account. I'm so happy!!
ok,
I'm gonna check up on all the posts now.
bbs
Old 03-12-2008, 08:01 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Wenny, having the flu sucks. Hope you start feeling better. Thanks for all the info too. We keep learning as we go and it helps so much when someone has been on the journey longer and has experienced the steps we are going thru now, to let us know what they've learned.

Anne, that's what I sorta figured too.

Ratkity, so glad the counselor was a help to you. Now just make sure you do what your told.

Sandy, YAY for finding your old password.

Well I called the health department today to see if there was a kitchen nearby. I mentioned to her (it was a different person this time) that we wanted to work out of the Eagles and she asked why I couldn't. I told her the other guy in the office told me that it wouldn't qualify. She asked the address and looked it up, and it IS!!!! So now I have to write up a proposal to the Eagles and send it in. I have no idea on what to write for a proposal. So any ideas would help. I sort of have an outline, but it doesn't sound too professional. I hope this works out because I really love to bake.
Other than that, I'm gonna get back on the treadmill tonight. I still have tons of water to drink too ( shame on me).
toodles
Debbie
Old 03-12-2008, 08:02 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Default Afraid to eat

Hi all,

I posted a few days ago about being pre-diabetic. And now I am horrified of eating. I have cut my calories to about 1600. I am hungry quite a bit. But seriously, I feel like I need to lose 10% of my weight today to have a chance of this. I am definitely feeling OCD about it.

Can anyone give me some good fish recipes? In general, I really don't like fishy fish. I don't like salmon, tilapia is ok. But it's bland. Any ideas to kick it up?

Sorry for the pathetic-ness. I don't feel bad for myself about the pre-diabetes, I "earned" it. I just want to get rid of it.

That's it from me now.
Angie
Old 03-12-2008, 08:55 PM   #66  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

thanks everyone for the warm welcome back!

Julee, yeah im still here in LA.

annie! you look amazing!
Old 03-12-2008, 08:58 PM   #67  
sandybar

Luann!! Hi there. I'm glad to see you back!

Sharon, Sounds like you had a good time making stuff. I do love to do that stuff too.

Debbie, That is so cool. I loved that show. It always made me crazy, but I did love that show. Sean, the mom's boss is now on Jericho. He's a mean evil man on that show. I've seen Bruce in several movies since then too. I'm still thinking about it. DH wanted to sell wild and crazy ties at festivals and maybe it's something we could do together. Him the times and me healthy goodies. I do love to bake too!!
It's cool the Eagles qualifies. I love to do proposals. Send me your outline if you'd like.
Never feel obligated to use whatever I say, ok??. It won't hurt my feelings.

Wendy, I think I'm gonna get a ball. You finally sold me. It'll be awhile before I can pay
for it anyway.

Anne, Na, my friend and I would crack up while doing it. (the ball)

Kity I'm glad your trip to eac went well. It's always scary at first, but I'll bet you enjoy it as time moves forward.

Angie, We eat a lot of fish. We also love the Mrs Dash seasonings. Table blend is my favorite. I love salmon just plain. It's so sweet to me. Once my dd made capitals. She mixed in a bowl, a little olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, pepper, and basil. Then she spooned it on top of each fillet. And baked it. It was so delicious. You can put it on
any fish you'd like. It made her feel really good cuz it was the first time she made "herself." (she's 10)

Well, today was another not so good food day for me. I did drink all my water though.
We're selling candy bars for dd's softball team. I'm going to take them to the receptionist desk tomorrow for her to sell for me. It's just too hard having them sit at my desk, staring at me, calling me, whispering to me. Especially since we've already paid for them up front.
Ok, it's getting late and I haven't eaten yet. I think I'm gonna steam up some asparagus. YUMMY!!
Til tomorrow my friends! Keep on drinkin' ......your water I mean.
Hugs,
Sandy
Old 03-12-2008, 09:15 PM   #68  
sandybar

........ Does anyone know what's up with the tickers?? I can't see anyone's.
DH may have a silly filter of some kind. Are the rest of you seeing them???
Old 03-12-2008, 09:18 PM   #69  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandybar View Post
........ Does anyone know what's up with the tickers?? I can't see anyone's.
DH may have a silly filter of some kind. Are the rest of you seeing them???
Sandy, I'm seeing yours... twice.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:21 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Hi Peeps - things are moving really quickly here - not sure I can catch up on personals.

Angie - how about a baja taco - Catherine told me about this a few weeks ago. Take a frozen fish filet (I used tilapia), spray the pan with a little non-stick spray, pour some salsa over the fish, by the time its ready to flip it will have started defrosting, take your spatula and kinda chop it up - mixes the salsa in nicely. Serve with lots of lettuce and tomatoe in a FF tortilla. YUMMY. I also really like the parmesan tilapia from Sams - 230 calories. Trust me - I am NOT a fish eater.

On the same note - don't take your calories too low - you will not lose weight. Your body needs fuel - just like the car. Not enough fuel you sputter - then your body thinks you are starving it. Please be sure to eat enough.

Susan - hi - thanks for the cheers! How are you doing?

Sandy - so glad you found the password - nothing like having our Sandy back. Get some rest.

RK - hiya - glad you utilized EAP - talking is a good thing. Shame those goofy goldens don't talk back - or is it? I often wonder what the gggirls would say - or do I???

Debbie - how exciting. I also would be glad to help fine tune your proposal. We'll write you a proposal that the Eagles will be paying you to use their kitchen. I think the use of the weight may cause you to hold some water. I did when I first started my circuit training. I urge you - be sure you get your calories in - I know you remember me moaning and groaning until I started eating enough. You are building muscle - take care of the body.

Wendy - glad you're starting to feel better. I can't believe you still walked and swam with the flu. Take care of yourself. Spring is in the air (at least for today) and makes us all want to do "everything" all at once.

I need to go eat something - I've had a grand total of 968 calories today - and I'm not hungry - better practice what I preach as I'm wondering if my body is wanting to stop for a bit again already.

Oh yeah - gotta go fill the pool -

Hugs to everyone,
Carol
Old 03-12-2008, 10:34 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone,

It's another few days of struggle for me. This week it's been about cookie dough and other fat-laden sweets. Some days the cookie dough won, some days it didn't. But I am smack in the middle of an idontwanna cycle. I am tired of watching every little thing. I want to stuff my face silly, wah wah wah.

I know this is a very bad place to be. Tonight I had to talk myself down off the ledge again. I was able to talk to myself about not ruining my life. That is exactly what stuffing my face with cookies and candies does. It takes away my health, my careeropportunities, my love life, and my desire to be part of the productive world. When I am able to *feel* the consequences in my bones, when I can remember how I felt for the year leading up to my weight loss program, I can stay stronger. When I push them away, I can slip into denial and self destruction. Tonight I won, but I am not in a great place.

Maybe I need to back off and just try to maintain for a while. I don't know. Or maybe there is some way to get back to my game.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:04 PM   #72  
~Rena~

S/C/G: 361.4/222.4/150

Height: 5'6"

So far things are good! Although my water quota is not being met! (something I have to work on). Today after the gym (pushed myself to do 20 minutes on the elliptical), I bought a fabric shelf organizer for my closet (it has 6 cubbies to put stuff). I'm gonna put my workout clothes in there + my x-large towels for the gym. This way I have no excuse that I can't find my clothes for the gym!!!
Old 03-12-2008, 11:05 PM   #73  

Height: 5'11"

Hiya, BattleAx...one thing that does it for me in terms of fatty things is to have 4% cottage cheese. It's not woo-hoo-good-for-you, but it's really pretty creamy. My husband prepares it the most fabulous way during the summer, too -- take a fresh tomato, take off the top and scoop it like a pumpkin (you're mostly getting rid of indigestible seeds), put some rice wine vinegar in and swirl it around. Dump the excess vinegar and sprinkle in some flaky sea salt. Add the cottage cheese and put some lemon pepper on top. Absolute heaven!!!

I do feel you in terms of the ledge. Since I broke my leg, I feel like I've been living there! I'm not even tracking calories/exercise right now. But Friday, I'm back on the wagon -- need a buddy?
Old 03-12-2008, 11:14 PM   #74  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Anne, Debbie, et al – You will NOT become like one of those weight lifting women in competitions naturally. Those women have to work extraordinarily hard to get like that and in many cases it is not *ahem* entirely natural. Have NO FEARS that weight lifting will bulk you up like that. (I wrote this and then saw Wendy’s response) I absolutely love this site: http://www.stumptuous.com/cms/index.php

Battle Oh boy do I know the place you are right now. I have been teetering on that edge for some time and while I mostly hold it together I occasionally topple over it.

I am so bad at posting lately that I can’t remember what I last mentioned. I went and visited my parents for the weekend and that was a lot of fun. Food wasn’t so good though. I ended up eating way too much. Bah. One thing I love about coming home and Mondays is getting back into my routine. However I am going into NYC tomorrow night because my step-mother is in town on business and I know we will eat out somewhere.

I have now seen the one guy I am interested twice more – once on my way up to Boston and again on my way down, since he lives a bit north of me up in CT en route to Boston. I am not exactly sure where this is headed because one minute it seems very much just friendly and then it will get flirty and then switch back again. I feel ok with just relaxing and seeing where things go for now and trying to not force anything one way or another. However, we will have some issues regarding eating because he has weight issues as well and I don’t really know how to broach them without getting weird or naggy. It is just something that I am going to have to be patient about and learn as I go I suppose. Why I think I will automatically know how to handle a situation and not need to learn a new skill to deal with it I do not know. I would think this fact would have gotten through my thick skull by now.

Otherwise I am doing ok and I am looking forward to the weekend at home to relax and get the house clean again. Being away for a weekend can really wreak havoc on my schedule.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:52 PM   #75  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

My mother would say that I'm all done in but my socks. I worked for 2 hours doing the rafters, and another hour cleaning and polishing the pews. I didn't get it all done. I'll go over for a couple of hours tomorrow. This is a good kind of tired.
Closed Thread