Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 04:14 AM   #16  

I promised to catch up with you all soon, it’s been a crazy week. My Grandma is still in hospital, my laptop died but I’ve not repaired it myself, took ages to do but I am up and running again!

I’ve not lost this week or gained, just maintained which I am pleased with if somewhat surprised since I’d not been all that good with the eating towards the end of last week… kind of fell of track a bit!

I promised to catch up with you all laters… xxx
Old 02-05-2008, 07:17 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Good morning Peeps - just a quick fly by this morning. The plateau continues although this week I was down .25 lb. I am doing fitday (started yesterday) so I will watch and see where some changes can come in.

Need to run - personals later.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs,
Carol
Old 02-05-2008, 08:34 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 300/280/190

Hello Everyone.

Welcome Charlene!!

Thank you all for your continued support for me and my daughter. I have been having a tough time journaling my food and writting down points. I know I am still OP I am just tired of keeping track of it. I basically eat the same breakfast everyday and a 5-8 point lunch and keep it simple for dinner. I hope I get in the mood soon to start writing that stuff down again.

My daughter did very well yesterday, although she got very mad at me at snack time after school. I said 1 snack, well she grabbed a 100cal bag of gold fish and my son wanted a pc of ham (lol go figure). Well, when DH got home from work I made him popcorn and everything broke loose. I stood my ground though 1 snack. Then dinner was homemade tacos with ground turkey and lots of veggies. Today, she took a salad kit to school and 2 wraps to put it all in. So over all she is making good choices. I think snack time will continue to be a problem. They both come home starving.

Talk more later.
Tina
Old 02-05-2008, 09:20 AM   #19  

Height: 5'6"

Hey chickies...long time no write

Well, I may not have been posting here, but I have been reading 1-2 times a week. I have been on again off again as far as being OP, but essentially maintaining. Last week I REALLY decided to get back OP and I have now had a full week OP including the weekend where we had people over and ordered in pizza...I opted for my fave Greek Salad.

Lots of new folks....looking forward to getting to know you. Life continues to be hectic, but thats how it goes. I am really looking forward to Spring so that I can start walking again. I am so sick of winter!!

Have a great day everyone.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:45 AM   #20  

just saying hello... i am still around just lurking! had a bad week but hopefully i am gonna have a better one this week! congratulations for all the losers! and hello to all the newbies!
Old 02-05-2008, 10:18 AM   #21  

Unlurking to say I'M HERE!! (hugs Angie.. hehe). Things are going crazy with my nutty mom and her wild blood pressure ride. I've been reading and cheering everyone on.. psycho, er psychic hugs to everyone all the time!!

Hugs and Luv,
Ratkity
Old 02-05-2008, 11:20 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Moosegirl: I hope you can get back on track soon. Hugs to you about your Grandma.

Carol: Hey, congrats on going down some. No matter how small. It is a movement down! Have a great day.

Tina: Maybe your kids are thirsty and they don't realize it when they get home from school. I know that my personal experiences are that 8 out of 10 times I am thirsty and not hungry. Worth a try to have then up thier water too.

Peggy, Patti and Rat: Glad to see you guys post again. Hugs.

Well, I'm at work so time to work. Hope you all have a great op, water drinking, butt moving day.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 02-05-2008, 01:34 PM   #23  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

I have also been lurky so far this week.

I know I missed responding to at least one question about weight lifting and afterburn which I will try and come back later to answer.

On the dating front, I am actually having dinner with someone tomorrow. I'm not sure I am all that interested, but he didn't set off my creep factor and if nothing else it is good practice meeting people.

Other than that I am really looking forward to this weekend. My step-mother is coming down to stay with me and we are going to a dance show being put on by one of my teacher's on Friday and then on Saturday we are going to the opera at the NY Met! We have really good tickets too – I am so excited!!

Last edited by NotTheCheat; 02-05-2008 at 01:34 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:43 PM   #24  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

I am knee deep in Apostolicam Actuositatem. It's on theology of the laity. Do you ever get the feeling that some people write things just to impress you with their vocabulary? My mother would have said talking just to hear their heads rattle. I'm sure it was profound and earth shattering when it first came out in 1965, but I'm finding it boring and dry so I had to take a break.

I didn't sleep much last night. That is never good for either my eating or my schoolwork. I'm going through another round of night terrors and flashbacks. I've been doing some final revisions of my book before it goes to the printers and it has brought a bunch of stuff back up. I'm seriously considering using a pseudonym. The people who ordered/caused my injuries are still alive although several are still in jail, and I'm wondering if I will be putting myself in potential jeopardy. I had a lot more courage when I was younger and stood up to them the first time. I do know that I'm going to have to push to get into a PTSD group. My name was supposed to come up months ago. I have a bad habit of going into doctors and putting a happy face on everything, and that isn't the best way to get real help when you need it. This is just another demon I will have to slay if I've got a chance of losing weight again. Fatigue and hunger feel the same to me, and as long as I can't get restful sleep, I'll be fighting with food.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:48 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Today, regular work was cancelled, due to the FOG of all things. lol. That school doesn’t have 2 hour delays, so if other school districts in the area have 2 hour delays, they just don’t go. Because the kids get out at 2:10pm, unlike kids at the public schools.

So, I went in around 10, and got to do more van driving, and rode a route that they’re thinking about giving me. I hope they do, because I loved the route! It’s an area that I know very well, and it’s one of the longer routes…more hours for me!

We’re waiting on the guys to come and fill up our tanks, because we ran out of fuel oil two days ago, and today is the soonest they could come by! Luckily, it’s been up in the teens, temperature wise, although we’re still pretty cold in the house. I’m in about 5 layers! Hehehe.

Carol – You’d think he’d WANT to come over here and mess around with my networking…after all, that’s his major! He just likes to be a pain in my butt sometimes. .25 is definitely better than nothing at all!

Lisa – HELLO & welcome to the thread!!

Sandy – Keep a chin up! (Easier said than done, I know). You’ll be back down to 298 again really soon….don’t change the blasted ticker! LOL!

HeatherDW – That’s so great that you didn’t indulge yourself at the Super Bowl party! I know that is VERY easily done! I have really bad balance, so I was no good at the Yoga either. I lost my JMS Yoga dvd a while ago…I really need to replace it. It’s so calming!

Annie – WAY TO GO, girl! I’m such a procrastinator, I would NEVER have gotten that many done!

Moosegirl – Good to see you post!

Nancy – Hope you have a nice date tomorrow…and you’ll have to tell us all about it!
Old 02-05-2008, 05:18 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Angie, what kind of strength training are you doing? I want to incorporate it into my workouts, but I only have 2 and 5 lbs weights and they just don't feel heavy enough for me. Any ideas? I'm sure your doctor is going to be so pleased with all the efforts you are making to a better you. How could he not be impressed? You're doing great!!

Story, should you even be walking on that ankle? Take care of youself and your ankle. Don't overdo. I'm sure you'll be back on track soon. It IS so hard to get back into it. We've all been there. Just hang in there.

Annie, that's great news that you got all those reports done and you KNOW that they are done right. I knew you could do it. Pretty much anything you put your mind to, you can accomplish. Look how far you've come already.

Carol, o, those awful plateaus. I hope you have a breakthru soon.

Tina, glad to hear your daughter is doing well. How are you doing? Do you know how many calories your daughter should be having a day? It might help to where she doesn't get hungry because you don't want her body to shut down because it thinks it's not getting any food and then she will have a harder time losing.

Hi Peggy! Glad to see you back and that you've been OP for the last week. That had to be hard passing up pizza..but you did it. So congrats for that.

Ratkity

Nancy, have fun on your date. Who knows, it might be someone really great. That's wonderful that your step-mom is coming to see you and you have some great events going on.

Catherine, I'm so sorry you're having a bad time right now. Wow! A book? I didn't know you were writing. I admire people who have a way with words, and you certainly do. You'll have to let us know the name of the book so we can read it...I know I would love to. Take care of yourself.

This may sound like a stupid question, but I have to ask. How soon after you eat something fattening, does it show up on your body? I've asked several people, and no one seems to know....at least not the people I know.
Well, I better get off my hiney and go get some DDR time in. I didn't exercise at all yesterday and it feels like the body is ceasing up...stiff. I hate getting old.
Debbie
Old 02-05-2008, 07:24 PM   #27  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

hello everyone...I am new to this site. I find it so encouraging to read all of your success stories and know that I am not alone in my quest to become more fit and healthy. For so long I have put off trying to lose weight. I don't know why this year came to be the year I decided once and for all to get serious and get healthy. I tried finding local support and even posted on craigs list for some local "buddies" because everything I have read indicates that having a big support network and someone to be accountable to leads to a greater success rate. That is why I went looking online for support. God must have led me here because I had no idea anything like this existed. I have cried reading some of your stories. I no longer feel alone. I hope that you will continue to share your stories and send me lots of useful information that can help me on my quest to lose 150 pounds.
peace my friends
rainbowsmiles
Old 02-05-2008, 07:30 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Debbie - I have NO clue as to the answer for that question! lol. Share it with us if you ever do get it answered!! I'm sure it's something to do with your body type, though.....maybe....

Rainbowsmiles - Hello & WELCOME! So good to have you here! What kind of eating/exercise plan are you going to be following?
Old 02-05-2008, 09:27 PM   #29  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Hi Kayley and thank you for the welcome. Eating/Exercise plan? I am trying to formulate one to continue my success with. I am trying to read about nutrition and am counting calories, fat grams, carbs, fiber, sugar and protein. I am keeping a spreadsheet with everything I eat every day. This is the only way I can learn what better choices are. My daily calories have ranged from 1200 calories to 1600 calories and I try to stay close to 1300-1400. I am working hard to learn more everyday. Basically I am trying to keep my percentages inline. I am shooting for 25-35 % fat, 25-35% protein (at least 50G) and 30-40 % carbs. (around 125 G) I try for about 25 grams fiber a day but mostly hover around 18-22 so I am trying to find more fiber. I limit my grams of sugar to less than 50 grams. Sometimes in the 20-30 range. As far as exercise goes, I got a bicycle for Christmas and am up to 8 miles at a stretch. I did go 9 miles a few times but have yet to hit the ten miles in one ride. That is my Feb. goal. To ride 10 miles 3-4 times a week. As soon as the weather gets a wee bit warmer, I will be back to swimming 5 times a week. Currently I ride every other day and then do aerobics (light aerobics) twice a week, and soon hope to add some weight training...but I know nothing about weight training so I recently bought Weight Training for Dummies!
That’s about all that I know to do right now. I do go to my Dr. office every wed. to weigh in. I avoid "diet" foods, low fat items, take NO pills or supplements and am not interested in any fad diet! I do choose low sugar whenever possible. I love Splenda! Up until Splenda came out, I never did like any sugar substitute. Now I can have my tea without guilt.

What do you do???
peace
rainbowsmiles
Old 02-05-2008, 09:43 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie54 View Post
This may sound like a stupid question, but I have to ask. How soon after you eat something fattening, does it show up on your body? I've asked several people, and no one seems to know....at least not the people I know.
Debbie -- I don't know the full answer, but I've also wondered about this. I've been trying to do some reading about how this process works. What I have learned so far suggests that it's a number of hours. Might even be a day or two for the full effects to be seen.

What I do know is that when you first eat the food, if you step on the scale any extra weight is from the WEIGHT of the food you just ate. Then it has to be absorbed, excess excreted and other bits changed into sugars and fats, etc....

I want to learn more about this!
Closed Thread