Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 09:14 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Ammi -- yay for getting outside!

Sue -- oh, enjoy the bike trail! That sounds wonderful!

Nancy -- I hope the apt!

Sharon -- You're so right. At the weight I am, the motivation to lose more is less. And it is harder to have that calorie deficit when you weigh less. But I don't fit into any of my new clothes, so there's some motivation! Plus, I don't like feeling out of control!
Old 06-13-2007, 09:27 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 380/Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Ladies!

Well it's official...yesterday was my last day and I am unemployed until September!! It's both good and bad. Good to have the time off but bad because there is no paycheck! Also because there is too much temptation here at home! I am going to really try to stay OP as much as possible, and also try to get all important appointments in too! I really have to find out about this foot! I am stressing and must be and grinding my teeth at night because they are very sensitive to hot and cold right now. Another appointment that has to be made!! I would rather be standing buck naked on the Empire State Building than go to the dentist!!! (but I couldn't do that to the people of NYC)

KAYLEY WHERE ARE YOU??I hope you are feeling better!

Brenda: The pictures you took are beautiful! You are very talented and I am glad it went well!

Xena: I am glad the trip went well and that is so sweet of you to take the dog-sitter to do errands. I am looking foward to the pics!

Debbie: Wow! You sure have a full house! And you are even having more come in July...

Lesley: on making it to 50lbs!!

Lisa: You sure had a busy day off!! Sometimes that's just what you need to get everything done.
Why is it so hard to find the same motivation as when we first start? Especially when you are starting the same program and already "know" what you have to do. At least that's the way I feel. Here is some extra to help you along!

Catllover: Please don't give up. We are here for you ,hun. Let us know how we can help!!!!

Annie: You have been losing so steadily so far that it was inevitable that you slow down...just think how far you have come!!! At least you know it is turning into muscle and the water will be gone in no time!! You are doing fantastic!!!

Nancy: I had to let my son wear the high tops, I was thrilled enough that he was going, and I actually was the one to suggest it!! on the apt...maybe this is the one!!

Ammi: Enjoy the It's really been crappy and rainy here!

Gotta go pick up Princess Sammi...she had her first final exam today.BBL!!!

Have a great OP day!!
Old 06-13-2007, 10:35 AM   #33  

Height: 5'6"

Morning chickies!

Whew! What a busy day I had yesterday! I got two 40 mins walks in...14,300+ steps total for the day...and I am definitely feeling it today. I opted for 15 mins on the bike this AM instead. I do believe I have muscles under all the flab on my legs and they are SORE!

They of course had a bday party for me at work. I had a tiny piece (maybe 2" square ) of chocolate cake and one teaspoon (not measuring spoon type) of ice cream. I felt so good about that! I had passed on the previous 5 or so celebrations, but had my little birthday treat and stayed OP for the rest of the day. Hubby got me an Ipod Nano for my bday...so I will have some tunes for my walks. YEAH!!

Thats it for me! I will check back in later if I can. Have a great OP day everyone!!
Old 06-13-2007, 12:19 PM   #34  
The Story Re-Written

S/C/G: 384/227/180-235

Height: 6ft 4in

Morning all~

Well, here it was I was kinda wondering how much longer I would be stuck on the boucing ball of losing 1-3 pounds and gaining them and I found out yesterday that, yet again, my thyroid is underactive. BAH!!! I have had to change my thyroid meds every other month for over a year now. My body just isn't doing as well with the meds as it was last year. My thyroid has been the bane(which spelling is correct here?) of my weight loss existance for the last 5 years. I do have to say that it is comforting to see a loss even when my hormone levels are low instead of gaining a bunch of poundage like I have in the past.

I am also trying to figure out how it is that I can add distance to my morning walk, yet it takes me less time to walk it than my usual route.

Oh, and as I want to be accountable...I binged badly on ice cream yesterday and have the gain of my lost pound to show for it. I will be working my buns off to pay for that one.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:20 PM   #35  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Melissa – Some of those pics of your puppy are so cute! I especially like the one with her face in the food.

Ammi – That is great that you are out enjoying the sunshine!

Donna – You have quite a challenge being home all day. I find the routine of the workday is one of the biggest things that keeps me in check.

Peggy – Don’t you love it when you find muscles you didn’t know you had? You are doing amazing with all the walking.

TheStory – I am glad you figured out with your doctor that it was your thyroid med levels that was holding you back. How frustrating!

I will not mention any more apartment stuff until I come to report that I have actually gotten a place. Of course, now the heat is really on because my ex is definitely moving from the place we have now and will probably sign a new lease somewhere else for August 1, which means I definitely have to be out by then!

I bought myself a new dvd that just arrived yesterday, which I am really excited to try – sword form tai chi. I am thinking of skipping the gym tonight and first moving a bunch of boxes (which is good exercise when you are going up and down 3 flights of stairs) and then trying the dvd. I’ll let you know how it goes.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:37 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 350/310/154

Height: 5'8

Hello ladies and jellybeans,

Just thought I'd pop my head round and say hi. Newbie alert!

Not much been happening with me today, went to my WeightWatchers weigh in (after being naughty and not going last week) and I lost a pound, which is not bad considering I had a bit of a bad start to the week food wise. So I was quite happy but I called my darling mother and told her and she said "Ooh, it's slowed down a bit. You've had some really good weeks." Sigh. I'm sure she means well, but why do people who also struggle with their own weight be so brutally tactless at times?

Ah well, tomorrow is another day. I also get a lie in as my court doesn't sit until 10.30. Woo hoo! Hope you are all well
Old 06-13-2007, 06:31 PM   #37  
peace out

S/C/G: 318.4/289/145

Height: 5'2"

Welcome Lex! Ah, yes. Another comment from a mom We've had some discussions on this recently. I won't even go into comments I've gotten from my own mother, but bottom line is she probably is just trying to be supportive in her own unique way. Nice job on what you've lost so far!

Not much going on for me here, chickies. I had a few days where the scale was not moving AT ALL. So I stepped up my eating yesterday and saw some downward movement this morning. Yeah...for those of you who don't know, I am a daily weigher. I really feel like it works for me, keeping me on track from day to day.

School is winding down which concerns a bit as that means more eating here at home and the need for more food/snacks available. The kiddos will spend a good chunk of time with their dad so it probably won't be as bad as I'm thinking.

It's been sooooo quiet here. I hope you all are doing well!

Cris
Old 06-13-2007, 06:40 PM   #38  

When I came here I weighed 291 lbs. Now I weigh 288. That's a loss of 3 lbs in 2 weeks. Something doesn't seem right to me. I've sacrificed a LOT of stuff (junk and huge portions of both good and bad food). There is no comparison to how I used to eat. I used to eat a big bag of chips every day plus chocolate. I should be seeing a much bigger loss. Everybody else is losing weight. It's not because I'm holding water, I take a diuretic every day. It just doesn't seem right. Why sacrifice all the good stuff if the weight's not going to come off? I'm trying to convince myself right now not to go to the store and buy a huge bag of chips and a 2 liter bottle of Pepsi.

As I said in my last post, I feel like giving up. I'm so discouraged.

Last edited by cdncatlover; 06-13-2007 at 06:55 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:07 PM   #39  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I am so sorry you are discouraged.

A loss is still a loss and isn't a gain!

Did your doctor tell you to take a diuretric daily?

Post your menu and maybe we can help!
Old 06-13-2007, 07:32 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

catlover--

The first rule of weight loss is weight loss isn't linear! Seriously, you can do everything exactly the same and same weeks stay the same, other weeks lose and other weeks gain. Our bodies don't work like machines and there's a lot going on that could be interfering with your loss!

Second, because of the first rule, many people get discouraged. Don't be one! This is a marathon, not a sprint. No, in fact, this is a lifelong journey, and you need to be able to find ways to mark your progress other than the scale...

Which brings me to rule #3 -- find other ways to mark your progress! Whether it's things you can do that you couldn't before, or measurements, or how your clothes fit, or how you feel, or just staying on plan!

Fourth, who said we're all losing? I've gained back 5 pounds and am struggling to get back on plan. Yes, I've been successful, but that doesn't mean I can give up!

Finally, YOU'VE LOST 3 POUNDS IN 2 WEEKS. Shout it from the rooftops -- that's amazing!!! That means it's working!! Why give up?

So, I hope you take this as I meant it -- both information and a bit of a kick in the pants. Give the changes you've made TIME to work! Find other ways to measure your progress! And cheer every pound gone!!

P.S. I totally made those rules up!!
Old 06-13-2007, 09:35 PM   #41  
peace out

S/C/G: 318.4/289/145

Height: 5'2"

LOL at Wyllenn!!

Those were FANTASTIC rules!
Old 06-13-2007, 10:01 PM   #42  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Hi guys
not much new here. getting ready to go to bed but I thought I would pop in and tell

cat to hang in there... your body is freaking out right now *L* It will adjust and drop those pounds!

Lex

Tomorrow is weigh in for me. I have to go a day early this week as I have to work at the store on Friday morning which is usually when I go. I fully expect to be below 300 this week. All that sweating at the gym HAS to have dropped at LEAST one lb
Old 06-13-2007, 11:16 PM   #43  

Height: 5' 9"

Default Mothers!

Hmmmm. It's interesting, all of this talk of our mothers and how they fit into our journey to health. My mum is actually here visiting right now, and you wouldn't believe how derailed I was today. Tomorrow is a new day, however, and with a little forethought I'll stay one step ahead of her plans and have my healthy alternatives in place. I found a great recipe in a WW magazine that I raved about today, so that's in place for dinner tomorrow night, and I mentioned showing her around at the gym... hope my plan works.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:21 AM   #44  
Faith in Him

Height: 5' 9"

Default Getting off the bench again

Hey everyone.

I'm a newbie too. ALthough I'm pretty sure I posted like 5 years ago...but hmmm well life happens! I'm now at the point where I need to make some serious changes. I got married 5 months ago and my DH came with a little tootlebug named Kaleb! I'm now a stay at home mom and struggling to be a wife, mama, chef, laundrymaid, and still find time for me...I'm in that list somewhere I think!

Anyway, my DH is very supportive of me and heck...he married me for who I am and not my body size...which is one of the reasons I love him so much. He sees me...my heart! However, both of us are not self motivated people...so I guess I'm checking back in here to get motivation, encouragement and meet some new friends who are going through or have gone down this path before.

My addictions - sweet tea and dr. pepper or Sonic vanilla cokes! and anything salty like chips or Mcdonalds fries! The good thing about having one income now is we can't afford the chips and fries and sodas all the time....but we still find $ for Mexican food and sweet tea!!!

I'm really at my whits end and physically exhausted and hurting....but don't know where to start....I guess I need to visit my doctor..or find a new one who will work with me and not give me some crap answer or whatever.

Anyway...here I am. Ready to join in and start over, get off the bench....etc.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:16 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Lex & Daise WELCOME!!xxxx
Lex I see a fellow Brit here!!!! Ammi is in Wales & I'm in Derbyshire, I still have to work in stones & use a calculator to work out my weight for on here, lol! What court do you work in or are you 'in court'? oops, hope you're not a crim, lol.xxxxx
Daise what sort of tea are you talking about? I know there's lots of low calorie sweeteners you can get over there & remember that having a young one you need to set an example of how to eat & drink, it's always better if you can cut out sweet stuff altogether. I know its hard but I've not had sugar in tea or coffee, or even sweeteners since I was 15, I'm 42 now, it's hard but it does you good, after a couple of weeks you don't miss it, honest! I went to see a dietician, though only 20lbs over-weight at the time, that was the first thing she told me, apparently it educates your tastebuds to NOT expect sweet things & helps with cravings. Now the weather is getting warm I'd advise you to drink as much water as possible, my two youngest sons see me drinking water (poured from a jug so I can keep track of how much I drink) & they want it, but only from a jug!!lol How old is your 'new' son? He's cute, at least you get to have the fun without all the pain of childbirth AND the problems which can accompany it! Hope you don't think I'm being 'bossy' or take it the wrong way, feel free to pm me if I've upset you at all xxxxxx
Catlover, I feel the same sometimes , I'm on a liquids only diet & sometimes only lose a pound & if I eat a little low fat cheese, (still only taking my calories up to 650 a day) I GAIN, so stick with it, it does come off in the end. What is the alternative? Stay in the same place or worse still GAIN weight, end up in a wheelchair or worse? Sorry to sound harsh but we all need to get to a healthy weight & if it were easy we'd all be 120lbs! Just keep coming here for support when it gets tough, YOU CAN DO IT!!!! xxxxxxx
Nancy, I'm not bored with your apartment stories, I quite like to hear about it, I keep crossing my fingers that you'll get the right one VERY soon. xxxxxx
Wyllen, LOVED the 'RULES', they are so true!! it's so easy to get discouraged & reach for sweets, cookies, snacks & takeaways especially when you feel deprived AND nothing seems to be changing on the body or weight front.xxxx
Well I have no more time for replies, BUT I LOST weight & I'm now 15stone 13lbs, YIPPPEEEE , I've been trying to break this one for weeks, going under 16 stone, though obviously NOT THAT HARD, lol.
xxxxxsharon
Closed Thread