Old 10-23-2011, 02:05 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 181/169/150

Height: 5'4

Hello everyone! Haven't logged into this thread for a while. Work has been unbelievably busy. So sorry to have missed everything! But sounds like everyone's been doing really well.

I've booked our Christmas accommodation, so now Christmas is really close. I have to pack my Christmas charity boxes tonight. Not really in the Chrismas mood yet, but will put on some music and see if i can get some spirit!

Anyway, am losing nicely at the moment - please, please, please may it last! And have been at 156.6 for two days now. A total loss of 14.1 pounds, and sort of half way to what I originally wanted to lose. I'm to the low side of "overweight" in terms of BMI now and can't wait to be average! :-)

Keep up the good work, everyone!
momwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:30 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Well, we're 4 weeks in to the challenge - how's everyone doing?

Surprisingly, I am down 9 pounds in these 4 weeks. If I can keep this pace I'll definitely make my goal of losing 20 by Xmas!
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:34 PM   #138  

S/C/G: HW235 225/176.5/136

Height: 5'2

I'm doing fairly well...I have 13 pounds to go to hit my Christmas goal I sure as heck hope I can make it!!!
AndLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:48 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 230/228.1/145

Height: 5'2

Yes, Yes, and Yes! I'm in and maybe by that time I will have a ticker! hahahaha JK
hcanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:37 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 247.7/224.3/155

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone! I just got back last night. Wanted to say a quick hello and I will catch up as soon as I can. I go back to work today. I hate it! LOL I hope everyone is doing well. Chat soon!
TransformingMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:31 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 234/176.2/168

Height: 5'11

Cloudysky: Great job!!! Losing slowly is better than losing fast and I think you're doing great! If you lose too fast I think it's more likely that you will regain. Your roasted veggies sound awesome!! I really struggle to lose weight because I feel deprived all the time. I had to quit WW because I start binging everytime I join, lol! My dh says he knows when I'm trying to lose weight because I grocery shop and hoard food like a squirrel. Seriously. I have some sort of weird relationship with food that I'm trying to mend but everyday is a major struggle.

AndLy: I tried a chicken recipe with mushrooms sauteed with a mixture of chicken broth, white wine, and fresh parsley from skinnytaste. It was AMAZING! You'd never know it was lowfat/lowcal. Seriously, she has some awesome recipes on there! I have 13 pounds to lose to make my Christmas goal too. I've had a couple really great weeks but here it is the day before my weigh day and I'm the same weight as last week! Oh well, I'm already focused on next week!

Transforming: Welcome back! I hope you had a magical time!

Momwannabe: great job! I can't wait to be in the low overweight numbers! I've heard it gets more difficult to lose weight the closer you are to your goal weight but if you keep working on it, you will definately be successful!

CherryPie:
Keep up the great work! It will pay off!

hcanda & Erin: Welcome!

Scarlet: Love that name, btw! Don't beat yourself up. Every once in a while we need a break from plan. I'm sitting on two days of not eating well, truthfully. Weekend was hard....but I focused on moving yesterday too. Wish the scale would move too, lol!

I had a rough weekend with food. I haven't bought any Halloween candy at all this year and dh brought home a bag of kitkats on Friday night. I made it two days and then Sunday afternoon I had one which turned into two. Saturday night after the kids were in bed I had two glasses of wine (second time in five weeks that I've had anything adult to drink but I swear it makes me eat everything and anything in sight).

But I did exercise with the trainer guy yesterday morning for an hour (upper body with elliptical warmup and treadmill cooldown). Then I came home and was determined to get on the treadmill. I did 3.8 mph w/out much of an incline and then decided why not try to jog after I had gone 2 miles. I jogged 1.5 miles or so. I couldn't believe it! I haven't run/jogged that much since H.S. when I was in cross country and had a running buddy. I literally cried a second when I realized I had gone more than a mile. Granted, it was SLOW, but I felt so strong and empowered....

weigh in tomorrow. Not expecting much. Really. I've had two weeks of good losses. It's time for a bounce or a slow down or something.

Have a great day ladies!!!!
jenjulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:29 PM   #142  
For My Boys!

S/C/G: 207/196/150

Height: 5'6

Well today is a new day! Last week was a bust. I spent 5 days away from home and it seemed that fast food was easier. Thank goodness I only gained 1/2 a pound. So I am at around 10 pounds lost and 20 to go for my christmas challenge I need to get my butt in gear.

Good Luck All.
khumphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:00 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 215/208/120

Height: 5'1"

Jen, that is exactly what always happened to me, which is why I just had to stop worrying so much about food and follow some simple guidelines for myself to keep it fairly healthy. No calorie counting or anything like that. Weight watchers was a nightmare for me because it seemed like when I got close to my quota, my brain would decide that I was starving. I don't want to be repetitive and say all my "rules" again, but the most important ones are not buying bad food and now instead of having seconds, I usually eat an apple if I'm hungry after dinner. I've also been trying to eat the "worst" meal in the morning. For example, my daughter and I love spaghetti, so sometimes we have that for breakfast. I figure it is better to have that sort of thing early than right before bed. I just feel better when I do it that way anyway for some reason. I also only drink water with dinner. If I have anything besides water, it's also early in the day and I drink it out of a kid cup. I don't know about other people, but just changing little things like this has really made the most tremendous difference for me and once they are a habit, they don't feel painful and I don't tend to even think much about it. They are changes that can be made for the long run.
CloudySky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:06 AM   #144  

khumphrey: I think that's good considering everything that's going on in your life right now. I don't have this book but a HS classmate that recently lost 100 lbs recommended it to me: "Calorie King." Apparently it has all the fast food restaurants and their calorie content? That might help you out when you are on the go...sometimes just switching a little bit of what you eat makes a huge difference. I have the WW dining out book that says how many points certain foods are which I sort of can figure out if I should eat it or not. If something's over 12 points I try to stay clear!! I'm not a calorie counter/point counter...I've probably failed at WW about 10-15 times in the past 11 years so....lol. rather embarrassing.

CloudySky:
You need to update your new numbers on your profile. I completely understand where you are coming from. That's so much like me. If I even try to start counting calories, my brain can't process it and I end up sabotaging myself. It's really frustrating. I do the same things that you're mentioning. I figure that if I'm eating healthier and losing weight, everything's working...right?

Nervous about weigh-in tomorrow. My husband says I look a lot thinner. I think that the weight lifting builds firm muscle but then the loose stuff hangs underneath, lol. Still there, just not as noticeable when I'm sitting down... I can actually feel my knee bones for the first time in years!

Last edited by jenjulia; 10-26-2011 at 12:07 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:46 PM   #145  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone!! I have been missing for a couple of days, but I'm still around. Just busy doing some projects around the house and making my sons Owl treat bags for his preschool fall party tomorrow. I'm still OP and super excited about it. I feel like I'm finally getting used to eating this way and I thought it would take a little longer to get used to it, but I feel great. I'm allowing myself to have a treat every now and then which is helping me allot to not feel deprived. I couldn't find my WW calculator so I decided to just count calories. I'm eating allot of veggies and fruits and I'm starting to feel better too.
My weigh in is tomorrow so high hopes.. The first week I stayed the same, but I wasn't really on board quite yet but now I know what my plan is and I'm on it. My only problem that I have now is work, but I think I'm going to start taking my lunch so I have some control over what I am eating.

I hope everyone is having a great week so far.
sassyangies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:49 PM   #146  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudySky View Post
Jen, that is exactly what always happened to me, which is why I just had to stop worrying so much about food and follow some simple guidelines for myself to keep it fairly healthy. No calorie counting or anything like that. Weight watchers was a nightmare for me because it seemed like when I got close to my quota, my brain would decide that I was starving. I don't want to be repetitive and say all my "rules" again, but the most important ones are not buying bad food and now instead of having seconds, I usually eat an apple if I'm hungry after dinner. I've also been trying to eat the "worst" meal in the morning. For example, my daughter and I love spaghetti, so sometimes we have that for breakfast. I figure it is better to have that sort of thing early than right before bed. I just feel better when I do it that way anyway for some reason. I also only drink water with dinner. If I have anything besides water, it's also early in the day and I drink it out of a kid cup. I don't know about other people, but just changing little things like this has really made the most tremendous difference for me and once they are a habit, they don't feel painful and I don't tend to even think much about it. They are changes that can be made for the long run.
This is kinda what I am doing. I'll watch the calories, but I won't completely count them. I don't ever get seconds and if I want seconds I eat more broccolli or an apple or my favorite lately is sliced cucumber with a little salt and pepper.
Good for you finding something that works for you! I've only been doing it two weeks, but I'm hoping this will work for me too.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:51 PM   #147  

Quote:
Originally Posted by khumphrey View Post
Well today is a new day! Last week was a bust. I spent 5 days away from home and it seemed that fast food was easier. Thank goodness I only gained 1/2 a pound. So I am at around 10 pounds lost and 20 to go for my christmas challenge I need to get my butt in gear.

Good Luck All.
Being out of town is so hard so you did great in my book. You can definetely do 20 pounds. That is my goal as well, so good luck to you and see you around!!
Old 10-26-2011, 12:52 PM   #148  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryPie99 View Post
Well, we're 4 weeks in to the challenge - how's everyone doing?

Surprisingly, I am down 9 pounds in these 4 weeks. If I can keep this pace I'll definitely make my goal of losing 20 by Xmas!
9 pounds is awesome! Your doing great!
Old 10-26-2011, 04:20 PM   #149  

sassyangies: I always find that it takes me a week to get "on program" with weight watchers. I was really successful with WW before I had kids. I lost all the weight I gained in my first two years-three years of college (almost 60 lbs) and kept it off for two years and I was able to lose almost all the weight after my 1st son was born and kept it off for two years again. But then a stressful job started piling on the pounds (ironically, the American Cancer Society) and I've never been able to stick with ww since. I think it's a GREAT program though and I sometimes feel like I have a points book in my head, lol. It helps!

Well, somehow I lost 2.2 pounds this week. I have no idea why or how. I shouldn't have the way that I ate. I'm accepting it and moving forward. Focusing on fruits and veggies and portion sizes. I'm almost to the point (207 lbs) where I have hit so many times before and I don't move forward so I get unmotivated and the weight eventually piles back on. A bit worried.

My neice's birthday is this weekend, Halloween is Monday and there will be gobs of candy in the house. My birthday's the week after, my daughter's the week after that. Thanksgiving the week after that....lots of food obstacles in my way over the next month. Any motivating ideas? Help?

Last edited by jenjulia; 10-26-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:34 AM   #150  

S/C/G: 247.7/224.3/155

Height: 5'8"

Good morning

Jen, Thanks. Yes I did. Sorry to hear about your weekend food intake. All you can do is keep moving forward, don't look back, live without regrets. Awesome job with your workouts! You are doing GREAT! 2.2 lbs! Awesome! Oh I know how you feel about that number, mine was 229, something always happened, well as you can see, I passed it!! You will too! You are doing awesome! Only you can create your outcome. You are strong and determined! Temptations! Yes, we are entering the worst time of year, when it comes to family gatherings and food. For Halloween and the candy, you should put the candy in individual baggies, that way, the candy isn't as easy to get to, you will have to untie it, which will give you time to think about WHAT you are doing. Just ask yourself "is it worth it?" the answer is ALWAYS no. Thanksgiving, make some food that is good for you, that way you don't go off plan. We are going to my husbands parents for Thanksgiving, they cook a lot of food. Majority of it is bad. I am bringing food I can eat, and enough for everyone else. Also make sure you snack on veggies (carrots, celery, broccoli) and fill up on water. It will help!

khumphrey, I know how hard it is, not staying on plan because you are away from home. Good job on only gaining 1/2 lb. That is awesome! You will make your Christmas goal!

sassyangies, Your body can usually form a habit in a couple of weeks. Eating healthy/exercising is a new habit. Your body can adjust very fast, depending on how much effort you put forth. Giving yourself a treat once in a while is good. If there is something I liked before, I will modify it, or find something healthy that tastes great. For example, I love taffy apples, now I eat cut up apples with walnuts. OMG it tastes just like a taffy apple but without the caramel. It is really good, both in taste and for you.

As for me, I am doing great! I was worried about gaining weight while I was on vacation, but that didn't last long. I weighed in Tuesday morning at 201.6, Tues I did a detox, which my daily food intake consisted of 2 protein shakes (protein, fiber, fruit and veggies), 2 pieces of fruit, 3 green teas (no sweetener), and 1 meal (grilled fish, huge salad with homemade balsamic dressing), and had at least 128 oz of water. Weighed in yesterday (Wed), and was 198.2! Talk about a shocker! LOL I did the detox again yesterday, wonder if it helped anymore. Today, I am back on my regular plan. I feel great!

I had a great trip. Nice and relaxing, with a lot of exercise. The Disney Dream boat was beautiful! Happy I was able to fit my tankini, and wear it! I haven't worn a bathing suit in a long time. We had a good time. While in Orlando, my husband and I had professional photo's taken, here are a few.

I hope everyone has a GREAT day!
TransformingMyself is offline   Reply With Quote