Old 11-06-2011, 01:55 PM   #181  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Shanhat, your breakfast sounds yummy. I always have an egg or just fruit for breakfast and my coffee. I have to have my coffee. I have to work tonight so I kept my breakfast and lunch lighter so I could enjoy the fajitias (sp) I made for my dinner at work. Of course it's just about 3 oz of stripped steak and the rest veggies. No cheese or sour cream or tortilla, but it will be delicious just the same.

Ladybug... this website is not the place to find out if you can order that stuff online or not. At least I have never seen it on here before. You could put in a search, but I don't think your going to find anything. Since you don't have the money to do that anymore youcould just try and do it on your own. I don't know how much your wanting to loose or your circumstances, but maybe if you fill out the bio and tell everyone about yourself we could help you more. Maybe just start with smaller portions and add more veggies to your plate. Hopefully you can find something that will work for you. I hope to hear from you agan.

I hope everyone else has a great Sunday. I'm off to take a nap and then off to work for the rest of the night..
sassyangies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:01 PM   #182  
yo-yo diet expert

S/C/G: 210/201/160

Height: 5'9"

I soooo need this mini-challenge. I realize I'm starting a bit late, but I'm shooting for 20 lbs by Christmas. I leave for a hot holiday on December 21, so I actually want 20 lbs by then. It's 43 days away.
Starting wt: 200
Goal: 180.
Wish me luck!!!!!
SHRINKMYBUTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:07 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 181/169/150

Height: 5'4

Hey girls!

So where are we on Christmas? Is it 7 weeks away? I still have almost 15 pounds to lose. I've lost almost 19 in total and 12 since starting this challenge which was 6 weeks ago, which is all I can hope for, I guess :-)

Glad everyone's hanging strong!
momwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:22 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 247.7/224.3/155

Height: 5'8"

Sassyangies, Awesome job!! I am sure you will pass your goal for the challenge.

shanhat81, Have fun hiking!

ladybug, I never heard of that product. If you are looking for it online, do a search on google. Good luck!

Hello and welcome Shrinkmybutt. Your goal is doable, if you are focused on clean eating and exercising. I lost 45 lbs in 90 days. So .5 lb a day is doable. Good luck!

momwannabe, Christmas is just under 7 weeks (6 weeks and 6 days) away. You are doing great!

As for me, everything is going ok. I have been sick the past few days, went to the dr. I have mild bronchitis. I was prescribed antibiotics. Hopefully it clears up soon. I am still on plan with my exercise/food. My weight did go up 1 lb. Hopefully I see a loss this week. Hope everyone has a great night!
TransformingMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:46 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 215/208/120

Height: 5'1"

I missed a weigh day I believe, but I am still stuck on 208, so no change. I have been slacking on my exercise due to weather keeping us in. I really didn't feel like going today, but I did and even jogged part of the time. My jogging tolerance is building so I'm able to jog half a block at a time now. That feels good. I will feel much better when everything stops jiggling furiously when I jog. Sometimes that jiggle can serve as motivation. I tell that fat have fun dancing now because your days are numbered!

I haven't been gung ho like I was the first month, but I'm working on getting that back and adding a few things to help me out. I switched to light yogurt, which I hate because I am so against artificial sweeteners (except Stevia). My other thing I am going to try to do is not eat anything starchy with dinner. I'm not getting rid of it altogether because I like it, but I will limit it to breakfast or lunch. I'm kind of enjoying this dinner for breakfast idea my daughter and I have going on. I just have to make sure I'm not eating what everyone else eats at dinner time! So... that's my plan to get this ball rolling again.

OH, and I must report this... the other night we pulled into Sonic with the intent to eat, but decided to eat elsewhere, but had thirty minutes to kill, so we decided to get a snack for the kids since they were starving. I wanted to get some cheese sticks with ranch SO BAD, my FAVORITE fast food item ever, which I don't think I've ever gone to Sonic and not gotten... and guess what! I didn't get them! My husband even tried to urge me to get them so he could eat some and I said no! I feel I should have lost an automatic five pounds for that, but apparently my body disagreed.
CloudySky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:32 PM   #186  

Is it too late for me to get in on this fun? I just started my journey today, but I think I can probably lose 10-15 yet by Christmas! I am determined!!! (And HI!!!)
littlebiskit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:23 AM   #187  

S/C/G: 231.0/193.6/185.9

Height: 5'5

I should post a picture of my legs from the hike ... the rocks were slippery b/c it was muddy and I am soooo bruised.
shanhat81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:51 AM   #188  

S/C/G: 247.7/224.3/155

Height: 5'8"

Hello and welcome littlebiskit! It's never too late. 10 - 15 lbs is a great goal. You can do it! Good luck on your journey.

Shanhat, sorry to hear that. Hope you are ok.

As for me, I am still kicking this cold. Hopefully the medicine kicks in soon. It will be so nice, to go back to normal....whatever that is. LOL Today was strength day, I worked my chest and back. Feels great! I am at 194.6 retaining some water, from my workouts, my body is so sore, and maybe from this cold. Hope to see the scale go down this week, so far I am up .6 lbs from my low. How is everyone doing? Hope all of you have a great day!

Last edited by TransformingMyself; 11-08-2011 at 09:52 AM.
TransformingMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:12 PM   #189  

Hi ladies..
Things are going great here for me. A little snacking yesterday but nothing that I think will deter me from my goal. I want to loose 20 by Christmas and I'm half way there. I think I can do it and then some so I'm going to shoot for 10 more and make it 30 by Christmas. I am determined and need challenges to keep me going. I am doing good though just went shopping yesterday and filled up on more veggies and fruits so I shouldn't have to go back to the store until I work on Friday.. Sounds good to me. I hate going to the store.

So how is everyone doing?? WELCOME Jen and Shrinkmybutt! It's never too late. I joined late too! Those are good goals and totally doable! Glad your here. I can use all the support I can get!! I'm sure the other ladies agree.. I have to go and get my son, but I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!!
Old 11-08-2011, 01:15 PM   #190  

TransformingMyself I'm with you on the cold. I've had one for two weeks, and still don't fully have my voice back. (Which is AWFUL when you do phone-based customer service work!) I finally managed to start back at the gym yesterday and made it two miles with only occasional coughing, so you have my sympathy and my well wishes. Recover quickly!!!
littlebiskit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:13 PM   #191  

S/C/G: HW235 225/176.5/136

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransformingMyself View Post
AndLy, I wish for more hours in the day too! I workout first thing in the morning, I plan ahead, how much earlier I need to get up to fit it in, some days are super early. On those days, I make sure I go to bed an hour early the night before. It isn't easy! LOL I am the same way, playing catchup with laundry, housework and grocery shopping/planning/prepping on the weekends. Good thing for the weekends!
I so wish I could do that. Go to bed earlier and get up earlier. Unfortunately for me, I am a crazy night owl and no matter how hard I try I literally cannot force myself out of bed one single second before I have to be up. I wish I was a morning person, I'm just not I am OK on the weekends because I wake up at 7, which I think is pretty darn early for a weekend, and get my workout done straight away. But weekdays are another story entirely!
AndLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:37 PM   #192  

Default Just getting started

I am also joining this challenge late, but better late than never!! I just went back to work full time after 10 months of unemployment, and I am so ticked at myself for not working out during that time. Now that I am working, I hardly have time to grocery shop and take care of my kids... let alone have three good workouts a week.

BUT I am going to MAKE the time, and I am going to DO IT!! I made it to the gym today, and thought I was going to die But it felt great to get there and mark it off on the calendar that I did it!!

Thanks for having this forum! I look forward to meeting everyone!
ChickieNickie

Starting weight 187
Goal weight is 170 by Christmas

Last edited by chickienickie; 11-08-2011 at 09:41 PM.
chickienickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:51 AM   #193  

S/C/G: 234/176.2/168

Height: 5'11

Welcome to all the newbies! I don't think it's ever too late to start. It's great to see you join the challenge!

Cloudysky: Great job! I have a hard time not eating those things that I love. I found out recently (last weekend) that while I love pizza, it makes me sick if I try to work out anytime during the rest of the day after I eat it. So I'm going to try to stay away from it now.

Transforming: I hope you feel better soon!

I hope everyone is having a great week. It's been a week or so since I've posted. Life has been busy and I haven't had much time to get on the computer. I started jogging 1.5 miles a couple weeks ago two times a week. I sometimes do it all at once, sometimes I walk a mile, jog .5 miles, walk .5 miles, etc...until I get to 1.5 miles. I was in cross country in HS (oh, 20 years ago) and I liked running. I wasn't particularly great at it but I did enjoy it. I look quite bizarre on the treadmill jogging but I have to say that I do enjoy it and I know that as I get a better stride and lose weight, I will look better!

Last week I dropped 1 pound, this week four point 2. I always seem to have a bigger drop right after TOM.

Have a great week everyone!!!
jenjulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:10 AM   #194  

S/C/G: 295.6/ticker/140-130

Height: 5'3"

up 1.5 this week. Considering that i've been waaaaay off program (damn halloween candy as the portal) I'm content that its only 1.5. I am sitting at 40lbs lost and I don't want to cross back into the 30 something lost so I"m back at it today.....I lost 2lbs from yesterday to today (i love losing the water retention from eating out over the weekend) so i'm hoping to be solidly into the 40+lbs lost range in the next few days.....i'd love to hit 50 before xmas and i think 10lbs is do-able....we shall see.
Erin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:06 AM   #195  

Erin 10 more pounds is definetely doable. Good for you for realizing hey I'm going in the wrong direction. It's so easy to get deterred (sp) isn't it. Well, nice to see you and Jen. Hope everyone is having a great day so far. I have a diaper cake I must finish by tomorrow so I will be MIA most of the day.