Old 10-04-2011, 09:53 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 215/208/120

Height: 5'1"

I walked an hour and a half yesterday, but skipped today to clean house, which was probably just as much work, lol. I'm still not losing anything, but will pick an official weigh day and be sure to weigh at the right time of day. Friday perhaps. Amazingly, carrying a baby and massive double stroller up and down the stairs twice a day seems to be harder than the actual walking! I'm excited I'm into my second week so the initial dreadful part is pretty much over and I have to just keep being consistent at this point. I don't know what's going on with my weight not dropping, but I'm just going to keep at it until it comes off. I may do a fruit and veggie fast for a few days to get my body going if I don't lose something by Monday or so.
CloudySky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:35 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 295.6/ticker/140-130

Height: 5'3"

Down 4lbs this week! That more than makes up for the gain of 1.5 last week. On the move again, I love it. Now off to go and try to find some cheap clothes, I have no winter stuff to wear that fits and its starting to get a little cool up here! Target, Walmart, here I come ;-)
And finally, under 100lbs left to lose for the low end of my goal! YAY!

Last edited by Erin27; 10-05-2011 at 08:36 AM.
Erin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:31 PM   #78  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

Thanks for the welcome everyone!
Congrats Erin on your big loss!
Cloudsky, consistently is important and it sounds like you are off to a great start.

I tried the spaghetti squash recipe and it was great. I did mine in the microwave for 10 minutes per side. I thought it would be faster than in the oven. My new favorite food and no points value (happy dance)!

I'm currently doing the points plus on WW. I've been exercising like crazy this week (I did a step class on Monday, and a flex (muscle toning class tonight). I'm hoping to see a big loss next Tuesday on the scale because last week it stayed still.
Jojo381972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:59 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 234/176.2/168

Height: 5'11

I'd like to join the group too. We're going to Mexico in January for the first time in 18 years and I'd like to be healthier by the time we go! If I can be under 200 pounds on Christmas Day, it will be the biggest present that I could ever give myself. :-)

Current Weight: 220
Christmas Day Goal Weight: 199

Today I did the elliptical for 10 minute warm-up, lifted weights for 35 minutes, and then did the treadmill for 25-30 minutes with two short 5 minute jogging sections in the middle of fast walking.

I struggle with eating more than I do with exercise. I actually love to exercise but hate to change my eating habits and that's why I don't seem to lose weight! I love the idea of spaghetti squash lasagna. It sounds really good.
jenjulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:31 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 247.7/224.3/155

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone!

Erin, I am a daily weigher too. You just can't let it make/break your day. Our weight will fluctuate each day. Awesome job! Congrats on your loss.

Nacole, That is a great goal! Can't wait until you achieve it!

CloudySky, house cleaning is a lot of work. GREAT way to burn some calories. Omg, I remember the baby days, and I agree, it sure takes a lot out of you. GREAT attitude, keep going, you will find what works for you.

Jojo, Happy to hear you liked the spaghetti squash, huge bonus that it is no points. GREAT! Good luck on your next weigh-in.

Jenjulia, hello and welcome! Reaching 199 is doable! You can do it! GREAT workout! If you find foods you enjoy eating, it gets easier. For example healthier way to eat pizza/tacos/parm chicken etc. Since eating healthy, my food has better flavor, I eat better now than I ever did in the past. Try new things too! About 1 month ago, I tried tilapia (breaded chipotle tilapia), now i eat it 1 - 2 times a week. It is so good!

As for me, I am doing great. On plan with eating/exercising. Hope everyone has a good day!
TransformingMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:01 PM   #81  

I'm sticking to my exercising, though my two year old is getting annoyed with sitting in the stroller that long. I made the mistake of letting her out one day to walk and now she always wants out, and then my 10 month old wants out too. Oops! We've compromised that she can get out when we pass back by the school on the way home, lol... I may have to forgo walking and just jog so that it will be over faster. After all, I did lose fifty pounds in 2007 by jogging 30 minutes a day on my lunch break.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:30 PM   #82  

I tried spaghetti squash today for the first time......ssoooooooo good! I put a 1/2c of light alfredo sauce on it and had a great, filling dinner for 5PP....thanks transforming for introducing it to me!
Old 10-07-2011, 12:28 PM   #83  

Fridays my official weigh day... 210.2 yay! Never thought I'd say yay about that, but after two weeks of exercise, I'm glad to see it! Down 2.8 lb from starting weight. I would have to lose a little over 2/wk to meet my goal by Christmas. I'm feeling inspired now!
Old 10-07-2011, 07:08 PM   #84  

Congrats, Cloudy Sky!!! It's so awesome to drop the weight, isn't it? I totally get a workout running up and down the stairs in my house when I'm doing housework.

Transforming: Not much of a fish eater but I do like shrimp. I've been trying to eat 1/2 my plate of steamed veggies and 1/4 of it a meat baked, grilled, or broiled "light". It's Friday night though and we usually do pizza for the kids. I ordered it but then I looked up the calories. eek. I had a serving of raisin bran for breakfast and a cup of coffee for a snack and a piece of string cheese for a snack. I was running around cleaning and forgot to each lunch! So while it's not a healthy dinner, I have some calories saved up today....

Last night, I did the elliptical for 20 minutes at a height "6" and a tension or whatever it is called at a 27. Then I did the treadmill at a "6" and 3.6-4.0 speed for 40 minutes. I tried to switch it up as I went with spurts of 3.6 for five minutes, then 3.8 for five minutes, then 4.0 for five minutes, and then slowed it down again, etc...I was sweating like crazy!

I want to work out tonight but it will be 10 pm before I can get to the gym. DH is combining corn and I have to get the kids to bed before I can go exercise. I hope I don't fall asleep first!

Hope everyone is having a great Friday!!!

Last edited by jenjulia; 10-07-2011 at 07:09 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:52 PM   #85  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

JenJulia! It looks like we have the exact same goal.
Mexico sounds amazing! I also struggle more with my diet than exercise. I would totally recommend eating spaghetti squash, it is my new go to food! I just bought another one today!

Cloudsky: Congrats on your big loss! Amazing that you lost 50 pounds by jogging 30 minutes..do you mind me asking how fast your were jogging? If you did it once, you know that jogging helps for sure. I'm into jogging as well and usually jog around 30 minutes or so but cross train as well.

Erin27: Another spaghetti squash converter! Yay! I put wine pomodero spaghetti sauce on it. I just read a great recipe for pomodoro sauce. I'll find it and post it up.

Transforming: I never heard of tilapia. I don't even know what it is, but I'm a huge Mexican food lover. Congrats on keeping on plan!

I'm doing well this week. I ate out today twice, and feel guilty, but I will work hard over the next three days to keep on plan and not splurge. It'll be hard because I'm going out of town to where all the good food is..hehe. I'm hoping to get in some outdoor exercise (hiking) this weekend. I worked out 4 x's this week at the gym, and I did a few new aerobics and I can feel it in my muscles. I feel more tired than usual , but I know I'm working hard when I feel muscle tireness and some soreness.
Jojo381972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:44 AM   #86  

JoJo- Hi to you too! I can't believe you can jog for 30 minutes! I can walk pretty fast but I can't get my body to jog more than five minute spurts and pretty slow at that. I was a cross country runner in H.S. and would LOVE to be able to run again. I will try the spaghetti squash. I don't know if they sell it here but I will definately look for it when I go to the grocery store tomorrow. Tilapia is a type of fish. My husband really likes to eat it.

So I ate some pizza (2 small slices and one breadstick) and some grapes. I went to lift weights and did the elliptical at a pretty good rate for 10 minutes to warm up and then after weight lifting I did an hour of walking on the treadmill. I realized how stupid the pizza was. I was so sick! Side stitches, nauseous, dizzy. Oh, man. I will NOT do that again. I'm trying really hard to eat cleaner but it's hard to stay on top of it!
Old 10-08-2011, 10:17 AM   #87  

Jojo, I jogged slower than molasses in January. Okay not that slow, but about as slow as a fast walk. Sometimes I would kick it up for little spurts here and there, but generally got into my groove and just went. I can't do it anymore, but will work my way up again. For anyone who thinks that sounds too hard, you just start by walking and doing little jogging spurts until you are tired and need to walk for a bit, and eventually you get to where you only have a few walking spots and then none. Then you can work on going longer and/or faster. With the faster, it's the same, you just increase your pace in spurts until your fast spots get longer and longer. I got to a point where I LOVED jogging. I wanted to just keep going.

I'm bracing myself for the weekend and aiming not to eat too much while visiting with my family. They always have bbq's and tons of fattening food and it's so easy to just keep eating!

Another thing that helped me lose all that weight before was my "rule" that I had to exercise, no matter how big or small, every day. Even if it meant doing thirty sit ups or something, it was something. I've found that going a day or two or three without leads to quitting altogether and then you dread starting back... so do something every day!
Old 10-08-2011, 10:41 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 289/274/147

Height: 5'7"

I am the worst challenge participant ever! I can't seem to keep it all together, we just have so much going on but I'm going to make a point of checking in here at night at least. My daughter was never in daycare or preschool, we only ever had to manage doctor's appointments and what we WANTED to do - now she's in kindergarten and they always have something going on at night with her school and we're getting close to the holidays so there's something going on every weekend, my husband is going out of town, we just started Scouts...even though I'm just managing one kid with one activity, it feels like a LOT! In a good way! To make matters even more fun, my scale has suddenly decided to weigh me in kilograms and that means nothing to me! I can't find the manual for it because the thing is probably 8 or ten years old, it's one of the very early Tanita body fat monitoring (and that's a fact you don't want to face every morning, trust me) ones so it's a dinosaur but still accurate. Even in kilos, I guess.

Having done the math, I'm about 283 which is, I think, where I started. Not cool but as busy as I have been, I have guessed at a lot of calories and portion sizes and that never works for me. I can over do it, even on healthy things. Anyway, excuses, excuses - either I can make time and organize myself or I can be fat forever so no more of that.

Enjoy catching up and see how everyone else is doing, good luck through the weekend! Is it tailgate season where you are, too?
98DaysOfSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:21 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 181/169/150

Height: 5'4

Hello everyone! I'm also a terrible challenge participant. I only want to log in when I've lost weight as otherwise I just feel blah. I've been a bit stuck of late. The weight is coming off very slowly, but I've had 2 days of small losses, so I'm now just under 162. I'm not sure why my weight's coming off so slowly - usually if I decide to lose and really stick to a restricted diet, it comes off pretty fast. And usually I'll have big losses and then stabilise for a few days and then have another big loss etc. This time it's really dribs and drabs and I haven't lost more than 1.2 pounds in one go. I must say I'm envious of some of you logging losses of 3 to 6 pounds in a week! But I'm also very proud and pleased for you, of course!!!! This is all very boring! I guess what I'm saying is: you're all doing great, and I'm hanging in there! :-)
momwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 03:28 PM   #90  

Mom-remember that the slow steady loss tends to be what sticks....you are making small changes that you can maintain for a lifetime instead of a crash diet that you can't maintain for more than a few months....slow and steady wins the race-its a marathon not a sprint! (and all those other great sayings lol!)
Hang in there! ;-)