Old 03-05-2010, 03:17 PM   #61  
Absent Minded

S/C/G: See ticker for details. :D

Height: 5'4"

Signature fixed.

There were so many sad faces in my post last night because for some reason it just doesn't feel like a meal unless I have part of my plate hidden by potatoes, rice or pasta n' cheese. And without those starches I don't feel full after eating and I'm always hungry an hour or two later.

No, it's not easy having a sick child around the house... Especially when he seems to constantly get on my nerves even when he isn't trying! He's going back Monday whether he likes it or not... I need to concentrate on my schoolwork, dagnabbit, and I can't do it with him around all the time! I love him to pieces... But sometimes I just need my space.
MisfitRycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:26 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 204/191/155

Height: 5'8"

Free to a good home....8 boxes of girl scout cookies...LOL!!! I caved in and had some of the cranberry ones, and OMG they were so yummy! I am going to put in some extra time on the Wii Active tonight. So happy it's Friday...can't wait to spend some time with the family. Hope you all have a fabulous weekend :-)
staffingchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 03:19 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 190/170/130

Height: 5'2"

I am pooped. I ordered a Wii recently and it came today! The WiiFit won't arrive till later, it's not in stock yet at NewEgg. I played the Wii Sports and I am worn out. Broke out in a sweat trying to KO the guy in the boxing ring. Then my husband came in to see what all the noise was, then he played and loved it too. He said I was hollering at the TV for the guy to stay down haha! Well, the guy should have stayed down. I tried beating him up while he's on the ground but it wouldn't let me. I got carried away and started kicking the air at times too mid-fight. Before realizing ooops.. no foot controller haha! We're picking up another controller so we can play together hehe. We played baseball a little, and then I tried the fitness test. I'm 69 years old apparently haha. Tennis was hard, bowling was loads of fun, and baseball was okay. I hit a home run and also striked two peeps out!!

So hopefully that counts as 30 minutes of exercise, because I didn't do anything else today but play Farmville, read, and crochet.

My father in law's test came back great, no cancer has returned! We had a worry that maybe it had returned but nope! The news of that was such a huge relief. It was like.. whoooshh..... there went some stress.

My friend started her new chemo today and had some other tests and stuff done, she was sounding pretty good on the phone then I heard a shuffle and we got hung up on. When I finally was able to get through again, it turns out she was having a problem. I just thought maybe it was something minor, perhaps the oxygen thing needed changed or something maybe like that. Dang, I didn't know it was major or I'd of worried! She went to the ER, called me from there after they got her settled and she sounded pretty good, sounded strong and breathing way better than earlier for sure. They chose to keep her overnight and start antibiotics. The chest xray shows what might could be pneumonia. It might not be, but they aren't taking chances. Her husband called to update me, she's supposed to be home tomorrow so we can chat again then yay! I am trying to not think about the pneumonia. She is real sick, even without that possible addition. Gotta make the best of whatever time we have left no matter how long that time is.
meowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:55 AM   #64  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

meowy - glad your FIL got a clean bill of health, hope your friend gets better quickly. Ive never played the Wii - but it looks like fun! I finally played Guitar Hero with my kids for the first time a few weeks ago. They were impressed, but I have a secret - I used to play guitar.

Staffingchick - take those cookies to the food bank!!

MisfitRycher - I know about the kids getting on your nerves. My 11yo just got braces on Tuesday. I feel for the little guy, but sheesh. He's snippy and snappy and comes to me with special food requests at odd times (like when I'm changing a horrible diaper, or I JUST sat down to rest while the others are napping) I love him, but he's almost up for sale.

I'm going through a rough time right now. I'm sinking into a mild depression. My weight loss is slow and I'm working SO HARD. My husband has lost 35lbs in the same amount of time I've lost 12...without even exercising. I've been feeling badly about my Mommy/Babysitter/Homeschool Gig lately. Damn this is a demanding, thankless job. Sometimes I think I just need to go to a hotel overnight to be ALONE for a few hours. Freaking everyone needs something ALL THE TIME.

Wah, wah, wah. I'm done.

Thanks for listening. I DO know that being home with my kids is a special blessing. I worked in accounting up until before #4 was born - so I do treasure this. I just never counted on it being so lonely.

Any plans this weekend?

We are building a "greenhouse" type environment today for my sons Science Fair project. Then we have a birthday party of one of my daycare kids. Tomorrow we have church, then we are taking my 11yo to stay with Grandma over spring break. My 18yo brother will hang out with him and it will give us all a break from him!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:41 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Today I had to go shopping. I grabbed a gift card I got for Christmas and headed off to Kohls. Wow did I do well. I got a really pretty 3/4 sleeve hot pink sweater with button details on one shoulder(Yay clearance rack), a pair of lite gray dress pants(size 12 cause they sit lower on the waist, again Yay clearance rack) badly needed new bra and a really cute dark wash, button down denim skirt SIZE 10!!! It goes to just above the knee a bit, cute, classic and I can wear it no matter what the trends are.

The East coast is having a bit of a taste of Spring this weekend. Low 50's today, tomorrow 55 and Monday near 60! I decided to take advantage of it and went for a jog in the neighborhood behind my apt complex. I wanted to see what all this new strenght (muscular and endurance) can do. The result was, I was able to jog 1 mile in 12minutes! Not a bad start. My knee held up well and is only a bit stiff. I did intervals for the remainder 2 miles. Tomorrow though it's JM's NMTZ and BL Weight loss yoga. And a nice long walk for my dog.
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:19 AM   #66  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Jenn: Congrats on the 12 minute mile! It's a great start to spring! Sounds like you had a great time shopping too. I can't wait to go shopping now that I've been paid (finally).

DH and I went for a motorcycle ride today: 225 miles/362km all over the district. Originally went to see DH's sister and her kids to deliver an early birthday present since we're not sure if we'll be able to make her party.

Of course, being on the bike all day meant that I was off-plan and WAY over my calorie budget today (probably blew it around lunch time). So, I've written this week off as a loss (or gain, depending on how one looks at it!). So, thanks to MP's private a$s-kicking telling me all sorts of horribly motivating things, I'll be at the gym tomorrow at 7am on the nose to do a 40 minute run. I'm praying that I don't get called in to work. I've got a lot of things I'd like to get done around the house tomorrow (including but not limited to bleaching the grout in my bathroom, vacuuming, painting, dusting and getting some photos put in some frames to cover the crap spots on the wall).

I've decided that I need to talk to DH about wanting a baby, instead of springing it on him. How should I go about it? It's a terribly serious subject and as much as I love him, sometimes it's hard to talk seriously to him. Me? Afraid of rejection? NO WAY!
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:43 AM   #67  

Hi I joined today I have 40pounds to lose.
Jewelzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:11 AM   #68  
Carpe diem

to the groups Jewelzz! There are lots of motivating and successful people here. If you need any advice and/or information, they're sure to have it!
Old 03-07-2010, 03:59 PM   #69  
Because I Can

Height: 5'6"

I have nothing nice to say. I'm in the same boat with Pixie. A kickboxing class would be good but I would prob hurt someone. Grrr...
MelO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:39 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelO View Post
I have nothing nice to say. I'm in the same boat with Pixie. A kickboxing class would be good but I would prob hurt someone. Grrr...
What about a kick boxing dvd? The one I have, well it keeps me out of jail!
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:25 PM   #71  
Carpe diem

I'm going to quickly post since I need to get my carcass into gear and go make groceries.

DH and I are signing up (DH will do this with me or so help me... ) to do a series of challenges, starting today/tomorrow:

- 200 squats in 6 weeks
- 200 crunches in 6 weeks
- 100 press ups in 6 weeks
- a 1/2 hour run in 9 weeks (couch to 5K). Since I've done the C25K, I'm planning on adding another 25 minutes to my 35 minutes already.

Some of you are already familiar with the C25K, but the pressups/situps/squats challenges can be found at http://www.hundredpushups.com/
http://www.twohundredsitups.com/
http://www.twohundredsquats.com/

I can do squats and crunches, but I'm a wimp at pressups. He's very good at pressups and crunches, but not so much at squats.

Does this sound like an interesting challenge or what? I think I must be crazy to want to do 100 pressups in 6 weeks, but again, this will be part of my fitness routine once I'm finished and it's something I can do anywhere, anytime! I'm stoked about starting.

Last edited by Mollz; 03-07-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:07 AM   #72  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Morning everyone!

To all the stay at home Mom's, you guys do have the toughest job in the world! I'm pretty sure I couldn't hack it. As much as I love my boys, by the end of the weekend, I'm usually ready to head back to work for a little peace.... It's also the most important job in the world, so don't let anyone tell you any different!

I had a busy weekend. We had karate and scouts on Saturday. We don't usually have scouts, but we had a pinewood derby work day at our house...imagine 5 boys with ADHD and tools...

I'm attaching pic of my favorite jeans (see my other post)...they are my size 12's...hadn't fit in over 3 years!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg smallerPic.JPG (19.8 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by AFChick; 03-08-2010 at 09:08 AM.
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:11 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 273/256/190

Height: 6'2

I think it must be TOM soon, although a bit early. I was only a bad girl one day but the scale says that one day was +3 lbs....I don't believe it!!!

I have a new incentive to lose some more poundage. Part of me wants to totally starve myself for a week so that it will happen faster, but the other part of me knows that if I try that, two days later it will be a couple of pints of icecream and me in front of the tv...

Happy Monday everyone. I just love reading your posts!
rachwms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:17 AM   #74  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Almost forgot...I have new incentive to keep this journey going...my best friend asked me to be one of her bridesmaids in July...now I have to fit in the dress!
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:55 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 204/191/155

Height: 5'8"

Well Monday is here, and I'm not sure I could be more frustrated. I have been eating right, and exercising 5-6x per week for 40 minutes. I really thought I was doing well...had lost 6 pounds.....but this morning my scale said that I GAINED over 3 pounds back! There is just no way. Hubby has lost 14 pounds so far, and I am so discouraged. I just don't know what else to do. I have been keeping track of my measurements too, and they are going down, but I really need to see those numbers going down on the scale to keep me motivated. I feel like I need to do something drastic....only 109 days til my vacation :-( I am so depressed.....
staffingchick is offline   Reply With Quote