View Single Post
Old 11-05-2002, 07:51 PM   #5
Determined Annie
Ex-Junkfood Junkie

Hello Cyan, LadyRider and Cjunk. Hey Cjunk you beat me here. I just left a reply for you on Cyan's other thread to meet us here. Looks like I need another kick in the behind to get me moving faster!LOL
Great place you have here Cyan, feels like home. Now we can all get down to business and take these pounds off.
Everyone has posted some really good tips. LadyRider, when I first started out I thought all I had to do was cut back on my eating. I didn't see any results. But when I added an exercise program to my plan the results came. You offered some great tips.
Cjunk, thanks for the tips. I do a few of those already, like the dancing one to everything. It may look silly but hey it burns calories and keeps me fit. You listed some other ones that I will give a try.
Alittle about me, I'm Annie, I'm in my late 40's. Married, I have two children. Working hard to acheive a better and healthier lifestyle. Breaking some old eating habits and developing some healthy ones.
Meal planning seems to be my headache. But adapting as time goes on.
Tips on eating, I always make sure I have more vegetables on my plate than meat. The portion of meat I consume is no larger than the size of my palm and no thicker than 1 1/2 inches. Limit portion sizes, I follow the food pyramid faithfully. Since I've been dieting I only consume chicken, turkey or fish as my meat source. And water is a big part of my life now. I carry it wherever I go.
I exercise 3 times a day for 30 minute sessions. My calorie intake ranges from 1200 to 1500, usually closer to 1200. I have elimanated all sweets, soft drinks from my diet. So far I've been able to lose 16 pounds. I started my diet on Sept. 15th of this year. I have a lot to learn and any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. I've done pretty good so far, Sunday was my worst day so far. Felt alittle depressed and started losing focus of my goals. I know that we all have those days, we're human. It's great to be able to come here and get support from others. We're all in this boat together, and we're in the right place now for that support.
Thanks Cyan for all the help you have given me. If any of you need a kick in the behind to get you focused again just call on Cyan. Thanks for this thread and group you started. We're going to make it. Stay Confident everyone and stay strong through the holidays.