South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 09:06 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Phase I - July Thread

This is the place for Phase I starters and re-starters to post menus and questions and give and get support both from each other and our experienced Beachers! Here's a link to the June Thread.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 174/164/140

Height: 5'5

Hello all!! Here's my menu for day two. Feeling good!

b-egg, coffee w/ sugar free creamer (hope this is ok, no bad ingredients that I could see)
l- chicken breast, 2 cups lettuce, f/f refried beans, 1 s/f jello pop
s- 2% cottage cheese, 1 small can tomatoe juice
d- grilled tuna, 2 cups sugar snap peas
snack: cheese and jerky (hope this was ok, was starving and at Wal Mart and needed a snack!)
dessert: 1 s/f jello pop, 1 SB beany brownie, 2 tbl f/f cool whip

exercise: 45 mins running, 40 min bike ride

Hope everyone is good. My day two was pretty good I think =)
Thanks!
Oriana
Old 07-02-2009, 09:37 PM   #3  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Oriana, try to incorporate more veggies at lunch, not just lettuce. Are you using any good fats (Canola oil, olive oil, avocado, nuts or SF nut butters)? Your body needs them for proper nutrition and they may actually help reduce abdominal fat. You also need a more substantial breakfast. An egg (no veggies or cheese) is not going to keep you full for long. The beans are good, but I don't see any dairy (milk or yogurt). I would stay away from the jerky. Some have corn syrup or other sweeteners and too much saturated fat. Try to keep snacks in your purse like almonds or peanuts. Being prepared is key on this food plan, so you have to stay one step ahead of your hunger.

Last edited by murphmitch; 07-02-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 174/164/140

Height: 5'5

Thanks Anne, I will do better tomorrow! BTW, have you lost all your weight on SB?
Old 07-03-2009, 03:55 PM   #5  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

I am back at it. I decided to wait until July 5th to officially begin PI. Need some groceries. My dh will be joining me this time as his method for getting his blood sugar under control hasn't been working and his doc is threatening insulin.

I am so ready to get my eating under control again and start losing more weight.

Wishing all the July starters good luck. We can do this. Guess I better change my ticker.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:24 PM   #6  
Midwesterner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovwgirl View Post
Thanks Anne, I will do better tomorrow! BTW, have you lost all your weight on SB?
I actually lost weight on Weight Watchers many times over but always regained it. Weight Watchers wasn't taking the weight off anymore, so I tried SB and lost 25# on it. I've never been able to maintain such a low weight before SB. Been maintaining for over a year now.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:42 PM   #7  
Feelin good in my skin

Height: 5'9"

Hi ladies! I've decided to get back "on the beach" before I head "to the beach" for vacation. Started phase 1 on Sunday and forgot how good it feels to plan out your meals and eat on plan, instead of 'winging it' and hoping you don't get caught up in an evening full of munchies....

I'm starting to feel sluggish/flu like today - like it's hard to keep my eyes open and my head keeps wanting to lay itself down I know it's temporary. Can anyone let me know how long this feeling lasts? I appreciate your feedback!
Old 07-07-2009, 03:45 PM   #8  
Midwesterner

I just had the "SB flu" for one day. It's recommended to eat more beans and dairy to offset that effect.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:30 PM   #9  
Feelin good in my skin

Height: 5'9"

Thanks Anne!
Old 07-08-2009, 02:20 AM   #10  

I re-started the beach today and was successful. However, I had to take a nap at some point during my busy day to be able to function for the rest of the evening. I can attribute a part of that to not being able to sleep well last night.

It really feels good to follow a menu. Having the foods available and prepared makes a huge difference. I so need to have this structure to make a dent in my weight loss efforts.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:51 AM   #11  
KittyKatLady

S/C/G: 160/159/120

Height: 5'3"

I've been having such an issue with staying completely clean on Phase 1. I know it's crucial to stay clean so the last few days I've been cheat free. However, I can't get over the tired feeling (I know it'll last for a few days) and I actually feel "fatter". I refuse to weight myself since I don't want to feel discouraged. Has anyone else felt this way? My daily meals consist:

Breakfast: "Faux oatmeal" (recipe in breakfast phase 1)
Snack: 4 slices of turkey with 1 slice of cheese
Lunch: Spinach lettuce with tuna on top w/ 1/2 cup garbanzo beans
Snack: 4 slices of turkey with 1 slice of cheese
Dinner: Egg white omelet with turkey pepperoni and 1/4 cup of 2% Kraft shredded cheese...I also had a "milkshake" using 1 cup of fat free milk, 2 cups of ice, 1 scoop of EAS 100% Whey protein powder
Sweets: 4 SF candies and 1 SF Fudgsicle...I also had a couple pieces of gum throughout the day

I feel like I'm doing it all right, but my body doesn't feel like it. I feel a little bloated (maybe the deli turkey?) and actually feel "fatter"....any advice? Should I just stick with it and wait to see if this feeling goes away?
Old 07-09-2009, 07:33 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlh88 View Post
I know it's crucial to stay clean so the last few days I've been cheat free. However, I can't get over the tired feeling (I know it'll last for a few days) and I actually feel "fatter".
I felt fatter on P1. I think part of it is that we are so focused on our body.
I feel like I'm doing it all right, but my body doesn't feel like it.
Should I just stick with it and wait to see if this feeling goes away?
I felt fatter on P1. I think part of it is that we are so focused on our body. Your body is detoxing. Opening a pathway for a healthier way of life. I posted last week that at 9 weeks I finally could look in the mirror and see a difference. I started feeling better much earlier. Stick with it! I have heard around here that a clean P1 is essential. I believe the reason I am craving free is because I don't eat anything not on plan.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:23 PM   #13  

It's Day 3 of my Phase 1 re-start. So far so good. I can tell the SBD Flu is trying to get me but it seems to have the counter-effect in which I'm having a touch of insomnia. My body is happy that it's getting healthy again. I can already feel the difference but this lack of sleep is the worse today.

B: The other 1/2 of the mushroom/asparagus omelet from yesterday, sugar-free yogurt and a less-sodium V-8.
S1: Part-Skim Mozzarella cheese
L: Leftover Taco Salad & sugar-free Jell-O
S2: Celery with Laughing Cow Light cheese
D: Turkey Sausage Stir-Fry and a tossed salad.
DS: Lime Zest Ricotta Creme'

I had a pretty busy schedule in the morning. To make sure I stay accountable, I'm going to make the Vegetable-Quiche-Cups-to-Go tonight so they'll have all night to set well. These are a hit with my kids. It's much easier for me than they realize. I'm also going to make the turkey roll-ups as well. They taste so much better to me the day after. I plan to make it home for lunch but may pack it just in case.

Staying ahead of the game keeps me on the right track.

Wishing you all the best!

Last edited by SunshineCA; 07-09-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:49 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 290/280/135

Height: 5'7

This is day 2 of my SB Diet.

Breakfast- 2 slices canadian bacon, 2 SF Jello Cups (purchased made)
Lunch-2 cups of salad/ whatever that purple stuff is they put in salads?? it was really mild, just crunchy. then 2 chicken breasts chopped in the salad.
That's it so far... I am having a hard time eating enough.

I am getting cashews (for my healthy fats), and i'm going to TRY cauliflower and some other veggies sometime this week. I hope to have all of my different spice combos ready for my chicken (since that's the only meat I eat besides the occasional pork) and then I will hopefully be eating more often. I know that I should have more mini meals, and believe me, I want them! But, it's just I haven't had the supplies as of right yet. Tonight will be my prep night and tomorrow I will hopefully be able to have 4-5 mini meals. It's been really hard for me just in two days because I am not used to eating any veggies at all (this includes salad) and I am a complete carboholic. But that's also why I know I need to stick to the first two weeks to get over these cravings I have had literally my whole life. Alright, I am headed for the grocery store, going to get some chickpeas & roast them as suggested Thanks for everyone's support!
Old 07-09-2009, 06:01 PM   #15  
KittyKatLady

S/C/G: 160/159/120

Height: 5'3"

Good job Abbey! That purple stuff is red cabbage..I'm a carb freak too! I'd eat so much cereal, bread, oatmeal...EVERYTHING! I promise that those pangs will subside...myfamily never thought they'd see the day that I'd give up my bread and cereal but I've gotten to a point where I don't even miss it honestly...it's pretty weird!

Have you tried steaming an artichoke? They're mild but yummy. I'm REALLY thankful that Glad and Ziploc came out with steaming bags...all you have to do is throw your veggies in there, seal it, and stick it in the microwave for a few minutes...makes it SUPER easy

Closed Thread