Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-18-2008, 07:01 AM   #1  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Thumbs up Couch to 5K (C25K) Starters & Restarters.

Hey everyone. I know there's a Cool running thread, but the fabulous chicks in there seem a bit more advanced than me and maybe some of you that are just getting started in the c25k, or those like me that are restarting it. It's been a while for me. I've been doing a HIIT Treadmill workouts, but I also want to resume trying to run (jog) so I thought I'd start a new thread here for us newbies & semi newbies to this venture.

Here's the Cool Running C25K Scdedule.

I'm on Week 2 day one as of today. I breezed right through Week 1 last week.

Good luck!!!!
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:00 AM   #2  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

I'm right there with you Roni! I'm going to restart today. I may just restart on Week 2 to catch up to you, but I will see how I feel tonight.
Hopefulpinkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:10 AM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hiya Roni and Jen. Count me in. I need to get this butt moving again!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:37 PM   #4  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefulpinkangel View Post
I'm right there with you Roni! I'm going to restart today. I may just restart on Week 2 to catch up to you, but I will see how I feel tonight.

HA! I may repeat week 2 next week because week 3 scares me! lol

Anyhoo, I did Week 2, Day 1 today. Struggled a bit at first but then I found my stride. I TOTALLY need some new shoes.

Some chick came in while I was doing it and ran a full 2 miles with no problem! I was like can I be you when I grow up? lol.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

I'm back on board again. Starting with week 2 sometime this week.
zinkemomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'11

I did 5 days of week one and tomorrow I start week 2, I'm really nervous that I won't be able to finish!!
soure1sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:14 PM   #7  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Awwww, Don't worry I'm sure you can do it soure1sl!!!If I can do it anyone can.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:58 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 182/146/132

Height: 5'5"

I just started back yesterday, W1D1...again...but I am determined. I would love to do one of the Turkey Trot 5k runs they do around Thanksgiving.

Anyways, I'm in...
sumu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:11 AM   #9  
Ilene the Bean

I'm going to try it too... The weather is much cooler now and I need to get my butt in gear... OYE it's been a buzy summer, I usually don't run but bike in the summer, but this summer I've barely biked and never ran, not even once ...

So, I just printed the c25k and here I go, I may go after supper tonight... It's only 20 minutes, how had can it be?... I may be sorry I said those words ...

I'll report back later...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:16 AM   #10  
aka Wendi (it's shorter!)

S/C/G: 215/203/155

Height: 5'6"

Hey guys! Have you heard of the podcasts? I find them really helpful, so I don't have to figure the times out in my head. Just google couch 2 5k podcast and they're the first thing that comes up.
Asynchronous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:36 AM   #11  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by soure1sl View Post
I did 5 days of week one and tomorrow I start week 2, I'm really nervous that I won't be able to finish!!
You CAN do it!! Believe me I got to week 4 and if I can do that you can do anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asynchronous View Post
Hey guys! Have you heard of the podcasts? I find them really helpful, so I don't have to figure the times out in my head. Just google couch 2 5k podcast and they're the first thing that comes up.
Yep I love the podcasts. It really helps to know when to run and not have to keep track. Although I love running to my own music though.

So I completed W2D1 last night and it felt pretty good. I thought about skipping to Week 3, but I don't want to overdue it. I'm going to try to do some kind of strength training with walking on the days that I don't do C25K.
Hopefulpinkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:54 AM   #12  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Well, I've not yet gotten re-started. I had another sinus headache last night. I found out today that we are having high counts of ragweed...one of my major allergy triggers! Today, I'll be picking up some Zyrtec and refilling my nasal spray. Hopefully, I'll be feeing much better in the next couple of days and I'll be back on the treadmill.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:58 AM   #13  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

once my knee heals from the surgery next week, i will probably start on this... i have been wanting to do the C25K since i first read about it. Thanks Diva for posting the link to how to actually do it.
sxulcmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:01 AM   #14  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinkemomx2 View Post
I'm back on board again. Starting with week 2 sometime this week.
Have ya started yet? Let us know how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soure1sl View Post
Hey girly, how ya doing? Did ya get through it? I'm scared of next week myself! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumu1 View Post
I just started back yesterday, W1D1...again...but I am determined. I would love to do one of the Turkey Trot 5k runs they do around Thanksgiving.

Anyways, I'm in...
I think a Turkey trot sounds nifty. I wonder if they are doing something like this in my area...hmmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene View Post
I'm going to try it too... The weather is much cooler now and I need to get my butt in gear... OYE it's been a buzy summer, I usually don't run but bike in the summer, but this summer I've barely biked and never ran, not even once ...

So, I just printed the c25k and here I go, I may go after supper tonight... It's only 20 minutes, how had can it be?... I may be sorry I said those words ...

I'll report back later...
You and me both on the bike thing. I even got dude to air and oil my bike up, and have have yet to ride the dang thing. it just sits out there looking all pretty and neglected. Maybe when we get cooler temps I'll give her a whirl. Let us know how things go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asynchronous View Post
I've heard of them too, but I relly like running to the beat of my own music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefulpinkangel View Post
You CAN do it!! Believe me I got to week 4 and if I can do that you can do anything!

Yep I love the podcasts. It really helps to know when to run and not have to keep track. Although I love running to my own music though.

So I completed W2D1 last night and it felt pretty good. I thought about skipping to Week 3, but I don't want to overdue it. I'm going to try to do some kind of strength training with walking on the days that I don't do C25K.
Wooohoooo! WTG. We are on the same schedule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Well, I've not yet gotten re-started. I had another sinus headache last night. I found out today that we are having high counts of ragweed...one of my major allergy triggers! Today, I'll be picking up some Zyrtec and refilling my nasal spray. Hopefully, I'll be feeing much better in the next couple of days and I'll be back on the treadmill.
I hope you feel better soon gf. Allergies have been doing a number on Matt, me and my cat as of late. I finally figured out that's why all the headaches. Matt even stayed home from school today because he feels so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxulcmnky View Post
once my knee heals from the surgery next week, i will probably start on this... i have been wanting to do the C25K since i first read about it. Thanks Diva for posting the link to how to actually do it.
Hey girl! Long time no see! Don't be rushing it gf. Let that knee heal up completely before you start running on it. the c25k isn't going anywhere.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:43 AM   #15  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Hey girl! Long time no see! Don't be rushing it gf. Let that knee heal up completely before you start running on it. the c25k isn't going anywhere.
Thanks! i won't start with running... once it's healed and i can get back into the gym, i will be doing walking for ~1 week or so until i get into my groove and know i won't be doing damage...
sxulcmnky is offline   Reply With Quote