Old 07-16-2008, 05:10 PM   #1  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Thumbs up Wii Fit Challenge

Hi Everyone,

Just got my Wii/Wii Fit bundle yesterday and have put in an hour yesterday and an hour today already. I LOVE IT!

Decided I'd like to keep it up--and even though there are great challenge tools within the system--I figured perhaps there would be other 3FCers who have Wii Fit and would like to join me in a daily challenge/accountability thread.

So, here's my goal:

ONE HOUR PER DAY of Wii Fit.

Right now (as of Day Two), I start with yoga (10 min.), then go to balance (10 min.), then move to aerobics (20 min.), then to strength training (10 min.), and then back to aerobics once more (5 min.), and end with yoga (5 min.).

I'll update my routine as I unlock new exercises and come up with the best flow for me, day to day, but that's it for now.

Who's with me?

full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:15 PM   #2  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

I just bought this and we haven't opened it. We weren't sure if we were going to keep it... I was going to post a question for those who have it, if they like it or not. I guess this is at least one YES!
Jenskihere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:41 PM   #3  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Aww man I wish I had the money to get that! It looks awesome =] Good luck!
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:41 PM   #4  
blissfully gluten-free

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenskihere View Post
I just bought this and we haven't opened it. We weren't sure if we were going to keep it... I was going to post a question for those who have it, if they like it or not. I guess this is at least one YES!
There are a few Wii Fit threads (but not challenge threads) you might want to look at to get more opinions than just mine:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141636
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142600
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143455
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144671

I absolutely LOVE mine. I'm hooked.

It seems the motivating tools built into the system are really good for "my style."

For me, it's very motivating to have those little "corrections" and "incentives" built in. Also, no one exercise (so far) has lasted more than six minutes, so I can try lots of different things and see what I like best, see where I need to challenge myself, etc.

But, that's just me! Some have complained about it not helping you work up a "real sweat." (I sure got one going!!!! So, not sure 'bout that one.) Some don't like the little sound effect the thing makes when you stand on the platform. (Doesn't bother me. Sounds like a cartoon character or something. Cute.)

I didn't love that the boxing coach made fun of me, but I get that that's the nature of that sport and its style would include "toughen up" type encouragement. So, not great for me on Day Two, but maybe something I'll venture back into later. Not expecting overnight miracles, here.

Anyway, that's my take on it and some links to help you, hopefully.

Lemmeknow if you end up opening your boxes and joining me on the challenge!
            Old 07-16-2008, 07:22 PM   #5  
            Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

full of grace... GEEZ now I'm really JEALOUS I dont have one! lol
            jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
            Old 07-16-2008, 08:02 PM   #6  
            Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

i got mine last week, and holy cow it is awesome. i've been stuck right around a hundred pounds for 3 weeks and couldnt get the weight off, and poof in one week i've lost 4.6 pounds!!!! yeah! i think it is from all the exercise on the wii!!!!!!

as of today i'm officially down 104 lbs. and couldnt be happier.......thank you wii for getting me off my butt!

and interstingly, i weighed myself on the wii fit, then an hour later at ww and the weight was the same. but i'm still going to use the scales at ww.

Last edited by pipernoswiper; 07-16-2008 at 08:10 PM.
            pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
            Old 07-16-2008, 10:42 PM   #7  
            Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Fabulous! I'm planning to buy myself a Wii for my birthday next month, for exactly this!
            broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
            Old 07-17-2008, 07:16 PM   #8  
            blissfully gluten-free

Thumbs up

Quote:
            Originally Posted by jillnicole03 View Post
            full of grace... GEEZ now I'm really JEALOUS I dont have one! lol
            You'll get one!! Just tuck a little money away every week and then treat yourself in a couple of months!! TOTALLY WORTH IT. And heck, maybe they'll be easier to FIND in stores, if you wait awhile, while you save up.

I always look at stuff like this as an investment (and it's definitely already paying off, for me) and it's easy to consider cutting out gourmet coffees or doing a sack lunch instead of dining out to save the money to put in the piggy bank for this sort of purchase.

Of course, it's cheaper if you already have the Wii and just need to buy the Wii Fit. We had none of it, so we had to buy the bundle. No regrets, though!!

Quote:
            Originally Posted by pipernoswiper View Post
            i got mine last week, and holy cow it is awesome. i've been stuck right around a hundred pounds for 3 weeks and couldnt get the weight off, and poof in one week i've lost 4.6 pounds!!!! yeah! i think it is from all the exercise on the wii!!!!!!

as of today i'm officially down 104 lbs. and couldnt be happier.......thank you wii for getting me off my butt!

and interstingly, i weighed myself on the wii fit, then an hour later at ww and the weight was the same. but i'm still going to use the scales at ww.
            First of all, CONGRATS on your 104-pound loss! Wow!!!!! Impressive and awe-inspiring! Well done!!!!!!!

Second, I too have noticed that the Wii Fit is eerily accurate compared to my awesome scale in the kitchen. I still rely on "the real thing," but do love that the Wii Fit is getting it right, too.

Finally, I totally agree that the Wii Fit might be what gets me out of a weightloss rut/plateau somehow. Just the desire to hop off the couch and do another balance exercise during the day is awesome! I do my hour every day (woo hoo! Yes, I can report that I am three for three: three hours in the three days I've had the Wii Fit! Yay!!!) and I still want to hop on again and try new things.

That's a great motivator for me. And being so close to Onederland, I am in need of a kick in the butt like this, so I'm pretty excited about my next couple of weigh-ins.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by broadabroad View Post
            Fabulous! I'm planning to buy myself a Wii for my birthday next month, for exactly this!
            Yay! Hope you'll join in the challenge when yours arrives.

And happy early birthday!

I can't think of a better gift!
            Old 07-18-2008, 03:11 PM   #9  
            blissfully gluten-free

Just reporting in.

Day Four and I've logged another hour on Wii Fit.

I'm doing more aerobics and strength training lately (last two days) but still doing yoga and balance exercises too.

Also played a couple of the "non-Fit" games like tennis and bowling. Not logging that toward the hour of exercise per day I'm challenging myself to do on Wii Fit, it's just "bonus time." Just like the 20 minute walk I took yesterday. That's extra. To earn a cocktail or something. We'll see.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
            Old 07-20-2008, 05:02 PM   #10  
            blissfully gluten-free

Six for six!

Woo!

Looks like I'm on this challenge alone, but it's here whenever someone else would like to hop on in and join me.

Today, my Wii Fit asked if I'd like to take the day off. I decided I would only do a 20 to 30 minute workout instead of the usual hour.

By 30 minutes in, I was so pumped up and exhilarated that I just kept going. Yup. Hit an hour. Again. AWESOME!

Lovin' it!
            Old 07-20-2008, 05:11 PM   #11  
            Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Oh man! My husband sold ours to a neighbor because I didn't speak up soon enough! He is looking for another one because I really want to try it. Especially since I read your posts and then the neighbor he sold it too talks about how awesome it is! MEN!!
            Keep going!! When I get mine I'll join you!
            Jenskihere is offline   Reply With Quote
            Old 07-20-2008, 06:50 PM   #12  
            blissfully gluten-free

Thumbs up

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Jenskihere View Post
            Oh man! My husband sold ours to a neighbor because I didn't speak up soon enough! He is looking for another one because I really want to try it. Especially since I read your posts and then the neighbor he sold it too talks about how awesome it is! MEN!!
            Keep going!! When I get mine I'll join you!
            Awesome! (I mean, about you joining in the challenge; not about the evil man you are married to who sold your Wii Fit right out from under you! MEN, indeed!!!!!)

Since you had one once, I'm sure you'll be able to find one again. A friend of mine was able to find several, several times. She just keeps buying them and then selling them on eBay. Brilliant!! (Of course, not good for those who would like to just, y'know, buy 'em for THEMSELVES to use.)

Good luck!!
            Old 07-20-2008, 11:49 PM   #13  
            Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

okay as usual i'm confused lol! are we supposed to post our wii fit activity here daily? i'm thinking yes........

so today i jogged for 10 minutes on the free run and made it a little over 1.4 miles! i'm so proud of that!
            i also did aerobics for an additional 30 minutes and divided the rest, yoga balance and strength training for an hours worth of exercise! yay!

okay full of grace did i post it correctly lol..............
            pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
            Old 07-21-2008, 12:27 AM   #14  

I have a question for the Wii Fit people–is there a lot of thumping involved? I live in an apt. building, and I can't play DDR often because I'd be afraid of bothering my downstairs neighbors. Is Wii Fit similar to DDR in the potential for bothering my neighbors?
            j45rpm is offline   Reply With Quote
            Old 07-21-2008, 07:18 PM   #15  
            someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

i want in on the challenge. i have been doing 30/60 minutes a day. so will start posting mine here.

j45rpm--you don't jump on it at all. it tells you not to jump on board. when you are doing the ski jumps you just bend your knees and push yourself back up to standing, without feet leaving the floor. even the stepping isn't noisy at all. my dh works nights so while he sleeps in the morning, he doesn't even hear me at all an we live in a mobile home.

jillnicole03--what part of sc do you live? and what part of ca did you move here from? i also moved here from the bay area in 87. what a shock to come east, now we have been here for 21 yrs. retired navy here. i am in the charleston area.

be back tomorrow to report my workout.
            ttyl, chipper

Last edited by chipper15173; 07-21-2008 at 07:20 PM. Reason: spelling
            chipper15173 is offline   Reply With Quote