View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 03:39 PM   #14
luvmyfam

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

Name: Jenn

General location: Northeastern Pennsylvania

Occupation: Wife to my hubby of 12.5 years (together 15.5), stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to my kiddos.

Birthday: February 4

Marital status: Married to my college sweetheart

Children/grandchildren: 3. Two on earth (DS: 12, DD: 4) and one angel baby, lost to a ruptured ectopic in April 2006

How long have you been on WW/Flex: April 8, 2008

How much weight do you hope to lose: About 75 lbs total

What do you do for exercise: Right now, walk, go around the playground with the kiddos. Will be getting out our exercise bike from storage soon, and really should check out any exercise tapes/DVDs I have.

What foods help you stay OP: Not sure yet! The Fiber One bars are good, and help. Curves bars are decent, too. Have a box of No Pudge brownies to try soon. I do love chocolate, so anything that can help me stay OP while I indulge that craving a little...it'll be a good thing.

Why do you think you'll be successful this time: Because of the flexibility with Flex. Tried South Beach a few times and just couldn't make it through a whole week on Phase 1. I like that I don't have to feel guilty for indulging a craving A LITTLE on WW. And I'm still plugging along after about a month...that's better than anything else has gone for me!!

What is the biggest obstacle between you and success: Not planning meals ahead all the time, therefore increasing how often I end up getting pizza or fast food. Sure, I can have them, but do I really want to use up the number of points they take, all the time? No. Also, not getting enough exercise in.

How will/did you overcome this obstacle: Will work hard to plan menus, and shop accordingly, so I'm prepared. Will get dinner cooking by a reasonable time. Will make myself start to do even 15 minutes of exercise...even if it's 15 mins of a video.

What do you like to do for fun: Spend time with my family, travel to see our parents and siblings, read, catch up with friends on the phone or in emails.

What type of music do you like best? Alternative/Indie/Modern Rock stuff...Classical...used to be very involved with choral music from grade school through college and beyond.

If you were on a deserted island for a month, by yourself, what 3 (only 3) items (not people) would you want with you? I'll copy... Toothbrush, Laptop with internet access...not sure what else.

Other comments: Just wanted to say "hi!" to everyone. This is a great group . I wanted to comment on a lot of the locations of members here. I was born & raised in MD. Dh was born in PA, but was raised in northern Virginia (from about age 1 on), and I noticed a few NoVA gals. My in-laws are still there .

We met in college in southwestern PA...someone is from Johnstown? Not far from where we were. We got married out there and lived there for another 4 years after we got married. Then we moved to...
central NY. Noticed a few central New Yorkers. Hi! We lived in the southern Finger Lakes region from Oct. '99 - Sept. '05...before we moved here...to about an hour north of Harrisburg.

Small-world stuff in online groups is always fun to me .

"How can you say there are too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."-Mother Teresa of Calcutta

tv
luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote