Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 06:50 PM   #1  

Angry Weekly Chat: Jan 11-17

Hey ladies!
Hope ya'll have had a great weekend thus far--I know I have! The only complaint being, the time went by too quickly! Ah, well. It seems I am *never* ready to get back to work & reality when I think about it on Sunday night.
DH & I had a great visit today with some friends that moved away this past summer--they were in town for holiday break. And last night my "date" with my friend was awesome! We had a great dinner at Red Lobster, went out shopping, and then came back to our place for dessert & visiting. Then when DH came home from work he brought a video for us 3 to watch (The Italian Job). DH's new 2nd job is working in the video section at a grocery store--so a nice side benefit!
I didn't workout today--decided to take a day off--it's the only one I've taken off all week so figured it's a good idea. But I'm back to it tomorrow!
Old 01-12-2004, 11:15 AM   #2  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Hello Everyone! Have A Great WEEK!

I had a great weekend, I partied my butt off, this was my last weekend to do that, I start back at school this week.

SW 201
CW 168
GW 150
Old 01-12-2004, 11:52 AM   #3  

Default Hiya

Well I had posted to some threads before the server crash.. oh well. I guess its time I got back into gear again. I have been putting this off for too long. So today.. I will work out. Thats my mini-goal. I'm taking this one step at a time.
Old 01-12-2004, 08:59 PM   #4  

Woohooo I finally worked out!!! Its been too long. I hope this is a start to more success.
Old 01-13-2004, 01:13 AM   #5  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Congrats Tonic!
Old 01-13-2004, 02:03 AM   #6  
... trying this again.

Hello ladies! After my little binge this morning I'm feeling a little bad. Just have to be careful the rest of the week. I weighed myself today and one pound lighter. I hope it's true and not just a fluke. I hate flukes! lol

Great Tonic! I've found exercise to be quite energizing, alot more than usual.

Is anyone doing that Special K thing? Between commercials and these ads on here I"m tempted... ack lol I'd love to hear from anyone trying this.
Old 01-13-2004, 07:37 AM   #7  

Hey ladies--happy Tuesday morning!
WTG on the working out, Tonic! That will build upon itself, as I'm sure you know, and before long you'll be WANTING to do it again! I love the way that works.
I've been doing great on the exercise--staying in my nice little routine....but struggling on the sweets-eating. Had myself a real little binge last night--kinda scary for me. It was one of those chocolate ones, like I used to do MONTHS ago! So the rest of this week I really need to watch it, and stay very cognizant of what I'm eating & why. Constant vigilance! I can never rest. )-; Just when you think you have something beaten....but it's simply a bump in the road.
Other than that...got lots done while DH was working last night--and plan to do the same tonight! I actually didn't even give myself time to just relax & read, which I really should do.
Have a great day, all!
Old 01-13-2004, 10:33 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

for some reason i haven't been writing much. the reasons are: too busy, not super motivated.

like, i'm doing alright eating wise, i'm working out, etc. but nothing exciting to say i guess. i'm a little crabby righ tnow cuz i'm PMSing, too. so i haven't felt all like "woo! i'm going to post an entry!"

i stoppped using fitday.com to log my calories, and i need to get back into it. hmm. maybe i'll log what i ate yesterday. 1820. hmm, high for me.

anyways, i'm around and can offer support. and i bet in about a week i'll be more "with it". damn period.
Old 01-13-2004, 11:34 AM   #9  
Movin' and Losin'

Hey, ladies!

Great job on working out, Tonic!

Chubbytubby: Congrats on losing a pound!

Spillthebeans: Hope school goes well.

Jen: It sounds like you're handling your free time in the evenings really well. And, it's OK about the binge. I think all of us have been there. Just pick yourself back up. If anyone can do it, it's you!

Holly: Hi! Glad you're doing OK.

I've been eating and exercising right on track, but it's one of those times that I just feel heavy. I think I must be retaining water or something. I know I couldn't have gained a bunch of "real" weight. So, I'll just keep at it. It's bound to go away eventually, I guess.

We found a new apartment yesterday. Yay! I can't wait to move out of this terrible one. We've been here for too long! The apartment itself is wonderful. It's just the management and maintenance that are terrible. I'll be glad to be somewhere else.

Hope everyone is having a good week.

Take care,
Jina
Old 01-13-2004, 12:23 PM   #10  

jenicra - Thanks!

chubbytubby - The special K diet kinda scares me. I think each bowl is like 110 calories and then you eat two a day. Thats only 220 calories.. and I doubt you will eat like 1400 at dinner. So it seems like you would be lathargic from the lack of protein too. If you do try it.. just be careful and let us know how you are doing. Oh and Congrats on the pound loss!!!!

jen24 - Great job on the exercise. Yeah.. I usually love to exercise just the last couple of months I have just been swamped and took a break from working out and weight loss. Now I am back and ready to go! Hopefully I can stay positive.. my moods are all over the place today. As for chocolate.. mmm... sounds good Its ok to have some now and then.. its just having it everyday is bad.. so don't worry about the binge.. you will get back on board today!

gonzostar - Everyone goes through those patches now and then. You will get through it! Just think how far you have come and how proud you should be. You have done great and are an insipiration to many on these boards!

jdogg - You might want to up your water intake to get rid of some of that extra water weight. That might help. But you could have also gained muscle.. that weighs more then fat. Are you taking measurements? Congrats on the new apartment! I know how you feel about bad management.. I moved out of a place like that 2 years ago. Now I am in an apartment on campus which I hate, but I love walking to work. Its not a bad apartment, but I am itching for a house.

Well.. today so far is kinda slow. I'm not working out today but will tomorrow. My body is kinda achey. I'm hoping to order a pilates dvd soon. I haven't told my fiance about pilates.. hopefully he won't laugh at me when I try to do it
Old 01-13-2004, 02:05 PM   #11  
Divine Gal

Default I went to first WW meeting

I went to my first meeting and I loved it.But the scale read 302 So i have to change my stats again. But none the less I am very excited.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:54 PM   #12  

Hey Holly! Good to see you back--and glad all is going alright. (-;
Jina--congrats on finding a new place! That must be such a relief for you. When do you move in?
Lynnie--WTG on attending your WW meeting! So glad you could go; I'm sure you'll find awesome support there.
Well folks--I'm happy to report my eating has been SO much better today (yesterday was the chocolate binge, for those who recall the grisly details!). It feels GOOD to be on an even keel & in control of my eating choices again. Yay!
DH will be home from his 2nd job in a few minutes...better get going. Good night all!
Old 01-14-2004, 01:24 AM   #13  

Hi all! I'm excited about this week - I've been doing well on my changes in what I eat, and I've been exercising every day so far... Thursday night I'm playing my new harp downtown (the one in my profile picture, I just got it 1 week ago!) - I wish FitDay would tell me how many calories I burn getting it up and down the stairs and into and out of the car! LOL (Hmmm, it is 50 lbs I think, maybe I can estimate)

Tonic - I love your wedding webpage! Congrats

Tomorrow I told my husband we could go eat at his fave Mexican restaurant. Any tips on what to avoid (besides the obvious sour cream, haha)? I'm thinking if I stick with corn tortillas instead of flour, and no cheese, I should be okay... but what about the beans? Hmmm...

Hope you are all doing well!
Old 01-14-2004, 02:39 AM   #14  
... trying this again.

Angry

We have mexican all the time at this great little family owned place, it's my boyfriend's favorite. I've found it to be alot healthier than I thought!!! Corn casings are usually fried - flour is better. I go with a big chicken fajita dinner with rice hold the guac and cream, eat a third and save the rest for lunch the next day. It's not as bad as you think! I feel like I get alot more out each bite when there's lots of spices and my mouth is on fire! lol
Old 01-14-2004, 08:44 AM   #15  

Oh, I wouldn't have thought about the corn being more fattening. Good point... Thanks!

On another note...

What in the world am I doing awake at 7:45 am?!
I'm never up this early! Maybe the exercise is doing me good.
Closed Thread