Old 11-02-2014, 06:53 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Hey Mari, I don't mind at all if you add me I think I saw you over in the year of accountability thread too. Welcome!

Houda - Mini-goals have really been helping me cause it seems to break things down into day by day. I've found I get depressed if I look at how much I have to go overall.. so focusing on the tinier numbers works well.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 10:09 AM   #122  
moving chick

S/C/G: 310/ticker/200

Height: 5'3

Thanks so much!!! i accepted you both and shall be sure to send messages since im on skype all the time. oh and as of this month i am 298 so that's a total lost of 8 lbs probably water weight but im not complaining lol. and i've just been counting calories and staying away from soda as much as possible. getting back on the road to working out today. think i'l gonna go for an hour this time.
lisha91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 12:22 PM   #123  

Congrats on the loss! That's definitely a good start. It's probably not all water weight either. Don't rain on your achievement like that :P

Cutting soda out is huge. It's one of those things where I know it's bad for me, but I didn't realize just how bad until I actually put it into a calorie tracker. What's really helped me is getting Mio. If you don't mind artificial sweeteners and all (I know there can be a lot of controversy). Kool-aid also makes some zero calorie water flavorers now too. I love the blackberry cherry Mio, and the fruit punch. I usually get grape kool-aid and fruit punch kool-aid too.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:35 AM   #124  
Hello!

Height: 4'11"

Congrats to everyone on there achievements!
And welcome to the new comers!

I've gained back the 5 lbs I lost so that bites. Man does stress do some crappy things to weight loss. Anyways I downloaded MFP and I'm hoping to get back in the game once more. If anyone is on My Fitness Pal feel free to add me (peck0247).
sunarie minigoals have become a huge thing for me thanks to you. I feel so much more successful checking off the tiny things instead of taking on the huge challenge and deadline I gave myself.

I'm starting to run again at probably the worst time, weather wise, here in Michigan. It snows one day rains the next and then boom high 60's. Wouldn't trade it for the world! I hope everyone is doing fantastic! How is everyone feeling about it a) being November already and b) the holidays coming up?

Last edited by alyrh; 11-06-2014 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Spelling mistakes. Flipping iPhone.
alyrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 12:58 PM   #125  

Woot! Glad to hear alyrh. I was actually gonna send you a text today to see how you're holding up I fill out stuff on MFP, even though I mainly track things with points, so I'll try and track you down to add ya. I should be Sunarie on there too. I've mainly been using it to make sure I'm not severely under-eating when I go under points.

I can't believe it's already November. It doesn't really feel like it is. Got cold here for all of two days and now the AC is back on. I'm use to Washington State weather. Holidays themselves I'm okay on, sort of. They're planned cheat days ahead of time.. and I likely won't be counting points for either Thanksgiving, or Christmas (I didn't count them with the Halloween party I went to either). I was a bit stressed about boyfriend's mom coming but she may not be anymore. She kinda forced her way into coming here instead of us going there.. kept insisting despite my protests.. and now it turns out we'll have my son (yay!) for the holiday, so sleeping space here will be tight. She doesn't wanna have to sleep on the floor. Hasn't responded about what she wants to do since I told her a few days back. So fingers crossed she doesn't come here. She's fine as a person, I just don't want the stress of hosting a guest coupled with having a bunch of leftovers because I feel like I should be making a big meal since it's Thanksgiving and all.

Last edited by sunarie; 11-06-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:47 PM   #126  
moving chick

S/C/G: 310/ticker/200

Height: 5'3

Ha yeah I have soda in my fridge but i'm definitely making sure that if i'm craving it to drink only a 3rd of the bottle so as to not have too much sugar through the day. I do have some flavored water things and i'll fill my bottle up with water and when im about to pour the flavor in my bottle i get lazy and just drink the water lol. So i suppose that isn't too bad.
I'm enjoying this month seeing as my birthday is right around the corner lol. But it seems like the less i think about this weightloss thing and just do it the easier it becomes as the days go by.
lisha91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 01:02 PM   #127  

Happy early birthday! I found I was the opposite when it comes to flavorings, lol. If I don't put it in the water, then the water ends up sitting there and I don't get enough for the day.

Not thinking about weightloss definitely helps. I've found that if I look at my overall picture, because I have a lot to lose, I get very discouraged and pretty fast... even if I try to focus on health. So I just do a bunch of mini-goals.. the weight ones I setup rewards for, the others I just am proud of and tend to report on the forums daily in an accountability thread. Really helps me focus on the day by day aspect... and I track a -lot- of stuff mainly cause I have issues with depression, so keeping myself positive about the overall journey is important.

I also keep track of daily weigh ins, which works for me but isn't for everyone. If I have a gain I don't get down on myself and it doesn't ruin my mood.. if it did I likely wouldn't do it at all. Mostly I use the daily weigh in threads to keep track of how my body is doing overall.. and as a reminder that even at 1lb a week (which is what I average) I'm still headed down. I can look back at September and October now, see that even though I had gains on some days I still managed to go do 10lbs. It's really nice to have that reminder, and to kinda see my body's natural loss cycle.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:31 PM   #128  

Hey guys! I'm new! 27 year old from TX. I have PCOS so I have to lose weight...even though it is hard! I joined because I am looking for support and accountability.

I need to lose 70lbs!

I am on MFP Bwade09

I am looking forward to getting to know hall and dropping this weight!!!
Gigembritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 10:36 AM   #129  
Hello!

Welcome gigembritt!!
Old 11-08-2014, 02:57 PM   #130  

Welcome Gigembritt!

I'm not too familiar with PCOS personally.. but I can definitely be here to talk to if you need support and all. I'll go ahead and add you on MFP. I usually log my food there, haven't been doing my exercise.. should probably start. I also started logging my weight there.

A few of us also have our Skype usernames listed, if you happen to use it.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:14 AM   #131  

Well I woke up very motivated today!! Took the dog for a walk and made breakfast: 2 eggs and 3 pieces of turkey bacon, 230 cals total!

Thanks to those that added me on MFP!!
Gigembritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 08:37 AM   #132  
Hello!

The weather here has taken a hasty turn to winter. I love snow but I like to be eased into it. Most drivers here don't understand when the road is shiny it is most likely slippery and just because yesterday was sunny and bright doesn't mean it is magically all better. You would think after being born/raised/living in michigan for at least 3 years they would know. Anyway on the way to work a coworker and I got rear ended. Screwed up my back a bit but nothing terrible. Motivation has been drained out of me but I've been mindful of what I eat. Does anyone else run a significant amount? Any apps or clothing recommendations if you have ever run in snow or any sort of wet weather? I'm really wanting to get my butt in gear before the holidays hit so I can have some sort of routine. Work is finally dying down. Alright, that's enough update from me. I hope everyone is doing wonderful and I'll catch up later!
Old 11-14-2014, 01:30 PM   #133  

I do my workout stuff indoors mostly, and even if I was outdoors now it's not really cold here. I wish it was. I get jealous of everyone talking about cold weather. It snowed in my hometown yesterday

As to exercising.. I've no idea for running in snow/ice. I don't run right now cause I am very, very self conscious about working out with other people present.. whether they be in the room or driving by. Shoes with good traction are probably a must for now. I don't know if they make running snow boots. I know I've seen traction things you can put on the bottom of your shoes, so those might work. Underarmor also makes stuff for cold weather that's still light weight, but they tend to be spendy. My guess would be thermals and then sweatpants/jackets that block wind.

Sorry to hear about the accident If your back is screwy maybe focus on some exercises that don't involve it? I'm always really picky about injuries because when I was younger (and very active in sports) I tended to ignore them, and then they got worse and now I have a back and knee that tend to have intermittent troubles cause they didn't heal right. So really listen to your body and don't push it if things are feeling actually injured versus just sore.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:24 AM   #134  

Whoaaaa it's been a while. I kind of fell way off track with everything. How are you all doing, if you're still checking this page?
PyrettaBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:16 PM   #135  

Doing well! Gained a little over December, but have managed to lose that plus a little bit. I started posting mainly in the 100lb forums, and the WW ones. Still talk sometimes with Houda on Skype (she's been doing amazingly with losses!) and have alyrh on MFP. She has also been doing so awesome!

Was kind of sad that people stopped checking into the thread, but I also can't really control other people posting.. so it is what it is. Welcome back! Hope everything is overall well with you.