Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Houda & whollyhick ~ Welcome to the thread and forum
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 12:43 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Thanks for the compliments, I really do appreciate them. It looks like I just hit my 20 day mark, so I can do private messaging now. Yay! Hard to believe it's been 20 days already.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 02:31 PM   #63  

Hey everyone! How is everyone feeling this week?

I was at the library this past week, and holy Dinah were there a lot of diet books. It's overwhelming. It kind of makes you think about who really has our best interest in mind and who's out to make money. Anyway, I got a book about intuitive eating. Have you guys read about this? It seems really interesting.
PyrettaBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 04:09 PM   #64  

I haven't looked into intuitive eating, but I've read positive things about it on this forum. From the bits and pieces I've read, it sounds like it is a really healthy way to go, as it's all about listening to your body and what your body needs/doesn't need. If you decide to go that route, you'll have to keep us updated with how it goes

Last edited by sunarie; 09-23-2014 at 04:09 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:17 PM   #65  
Fos

S/C/G: 280/199/150

Height: 5'7

alyrh - LOL at falling asleep on the mat. It's really important to get enough sleep and keep your body healthy, so I'd worry more about that than getting an exercise routine going. Just do it when you can. I'm sorry you've been down lately, but try to remember what they say--we didn't put it on in a month, and we're not going to get it off in a month either. The important thing is that you're still going, working for it every day, and eventually you're going to get exactly where you want to be. You've already showed so much determination and strength in the weight you've lost, and you're on your way. People react differently to diets and exercises. What makes one person lose rapidly can make another gain, and that doesn't mean there's something wrong with the person gaining, just that they haven't found the diet that works for them. Also, happy belated birthday and I'm glad you had such a good time on vacation!

Atarimae - I had the opposite problem with my grandfather who was continuously shoving treats at me, and yelled at me today about how I need a cheat day every week. I think you're right about nodding along and then just doing what you want after. Elderly people are pretty stuck in their ways, and who knows why they do half the things they do, lol.

BlueDogWood - No problem! It must be terrible having that much temptation in the house. I'd send him out to the couch to cuddle up with his pizza at night. Chinese buffets are a doozy, and near impossible not to go overboard. It's alright, as long as we get back on track afterward, and when you do, I'm sure that 190-185 will be a thing of the past. For inside workouts, maybe check out some cardio workouts on youtube?

sunarie - You look beautiful! I know you were so worried before you went, but you look great AND you lost weight, Mississippi cook or not. It sucks you had a cold, though, and I hope you're feeling better!

PyrettaBlaze - The Zombie, Run app sounds awesome, so I'll have to check it out after I post this. Let us know how it goes for you! The name reminds me of a post I saw on a forum years ago from a woman who stayed determined by pretending she was Buffy the Vampire Slayer and had to ready for the apocalypse so she could save the world. Hey, whatever works, right?

Houda - Morocco? Nice! Is it warm there right now? I'd be more jealous of that than someone eating chocolate right now.

whollyhick - Hey! I'm with you on that post 100%.

I've heard of intuitive eating here, but I don't know much about it. I don't think I could trust myself at this point to try eating what I think I need. I had a dream last night about mounds of chocolate chip cookies, and I would so easily give in to that being a sign shouting SWEETS AND CARBS!

On a good note, I've been low carb for two weeks now, and my daily headaches and dizzy spells have finally gone. I was close to breaking and sticking only with low cal just to get rid of the pain, especially when the scale stalled out for a couple days and it felt like I was doing so much for nothing. Glad I hung in there now!
Fos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 12:53 PM   #66  

Fos Thank you! I was still a nervous wreck all the way through the wedding, but everything turned out okay. I'm on the tail end of the cold now. Went from fever, sore throat, and congestion the day of the wedding, and the day after (which was when we were traveling home).. to runny nose, congestion, and headaches for Monday/Tuesday.. and now I'm at minor congestion, and coughing.. but I can breathe for the most part again. Congestion is down to one nostril! Have mostly been resting. Eager to start exercising again, but waiting for my body to be healed form sickness first. Right now I still have little to no energy.

Anyway, it's amazing that you stuck with your low carb plan through all the headaches and dizzy spells! That is always the hardest hump to get over. I hope you gave yourself some sort of reward for getting over that part of the plan.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:55 PM   #67  
Houda

S/C/G: 75Kg/please see thicker/60Kg

Height: 158cm

Hi girls!
Fos, the weather is just great here, it was raining a few days ago but the temp is in general around 23-25 °c these days ( even when it was raining) and well you are all welcome to visit Morroco
btw, i was just wondering, is it just me or is it an issue that all calorie counting people have, i'm afraid that if i eat only "one" more calorie ill gain again what i lost so i tend to eat less than i should (sometimes i eat only 850-900) i know that my head is messing with me but is there anything i can do to get rid of this idea ?? thank you
fcoad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 01:52 PM   #68  

Whoo, I'm down to 238 today, for a total of 6.4lbs down for the month so far, and there are still a few days left. Hopefully I can lose the other 1.6 over the next four days and meet my goal for September. Either way, losing that much when I had the wedding trip for a week, and then got a cold for the next week is something I'm happy with.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:38 PM   #69  

Hey everyone! Looks like everyone is doing great! I am down three lbs since my last weigh in. I thought I had gained for sure! I joined the gym this week, and so far so good.
Old 09-26-2014, 03:40 PM   #70  

fcoad, don't worry about that "one extra calorie" as much as nourishing your body, would be my advice! But I think it is natural to be worried about it.
Old 09-27-2014, 08:19 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 215/187/150

Height: 5' 7"

Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing well. I'm behind a few pages on reading after being offline for a few days. My entire household has been sick and apparently now it's my turn.

On the upside I hit 186 this morning. Not the best way to lose weight though. I'll catch back up with ya'll once we are back to normal.
BlueDogWeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 03:00 PM   #72  

Nice to see you back BlueDogWeed, and congrats on the loss! Same to you PyrettaBlaze! You two are doing amazing

Sickness does seem to be going around. Quite a few people on the forum I've seen saying they caught a cold/flu, including myself. I'm just getting over it and starting to feel better.

I'm up .8lbs today, but going up a little every so often seems standard for me, so I'm not too worried about it. Usually it just means a larger drop later. I hope it does at least. I'm so close to my goal for September.
Old 09-28-2014, 01:11 PM   #73  
Hello!

Height: 4'11"

PyrettaBlaze From the bits and bobs I've read about intuitive eating, it sounds like what I'm doing. Listening to what my body wants and needs and learning my own personal limits. I'm digging that for sure. Congrats on the loss too!

Fos Nice going with low cal AND low carb! I could dream of doing low carb. I'm a potatoes and bread and pasta girl. Props to you and keep it up!!

Sunarie Glad you are starting to feel better! And thank you so so so much for your messages. I'm glad you can PM now!

Is anyone else in awe of September being over already? I'm trying to figure out where the time went.

I had a super rough week but now I'm getting into the motivation groove again. It's always rough during Aunt Flows visit. She screws up EVERYTHING! lol. I'm back down to my 184 range so I'm happy about that and...wait for it....I went for a run today!! I was dying and now I have my lovely running cough but I'm proud that I went. Hopefully I can do our local Ugly Sweater 5k this year. I'm getting back into yoga and I forgot how much it calms me. Still slightly afraid that I will fall asleep on the mat again. I swear my husband will never let me live any of that down. Ahh, a fresh new week and so much to look forward to! Hope everyone is doing well!!
alyrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 02:50 PM   #74  

I'm glad you're doing better alyrh So happy to see your motivation is back up too. Big congrats on the run, an Ugly Sweater 5k sounds like it'd be fun to see.. I don't know if I could personally do it, running in a sweater (which is what I'm imagining) sounds way too hot for me.

I've been thinking about doing a Couch to 5k. Would need to get some good running shoes though, and that's not in the budget. Have been trying to do some walks here and there now that I'm feeling better. Made it doing some errands around the mall today for a full hour or so, which I'm happy about. Two days ago 20 minutes of light walking was making me feel a little dizzy with being sick, so very happy I can get back to my work-outs. I am up another .4 lbs today, so I'm back into the 239 range.. however, when I weighed myself it was midday instead of early in the morning, right after bathroom time.. so it could just be weight fluctuation. Fingers crossed.
Old 09-28-2014, 04:40 PM   #75  
Hello!

Height: 4'11"

Sunarie It gets to be around 35-40 Degrees here in the morning around November. Right now it gets down to the low 50's and then around noon it peaks at the 70's (no humidity and a chilly breeze) not to mention our lovely Lake Michigan that is going to be dumping snow on us in about 2-3 months. So sweaters are a great option! lol. I actually visited South Caroline twice this summer. My husband Grand Parents live there and he had military training so we took a little mini vacation. It is so hot and the mosquitoes looooove me when I sweat. Word around Beaufort, SC is that the heat becomes more manageable is that true? I LOVED the ocean and chilling on Huntington Island but man, the heat just is so crazy! My fingers are crossed hard core for you!
alyrh is offline   Reply With Quote