Old 08-10-2014, 06:34 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/130

Height: 5'8"

Thank you so much, Rie, for setting up this challenge for us!
I am SO super duper mega -insert a million other descriptions- excited to do this challenge! The bikini challenge helped me out so much with staying on track, that I'm hoping the same will be true for this one. I also hope I can feel confident enough with my slimmer body to actually dress up and go out this year!

My current weight is 194, my Halloween goal is 165, which is also my last mini-goal (reaching normal BMI) before GOAL goal.
I'm really hoping to reach my 4th mini-goal before that, 180 (100 lbs down) and hopefully a pant size down with it, before I leave for college the second week of September. (It can be tricky for me to find the time to post while at school, but will do my best!)
I'm currently trying grain-free. I just started this week, and am really excited about it. It's something I've wanted to do for awhile but had never committed to. I'll be weighing myself daily (at least for a few weeks) to see if it's a positive or negative difference and how big of a difference.
levoguette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:45 PM   #17  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

@ tinneranne2 awww i hope your not leaving the 5lb challenge
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 12:49 PM   #18  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Oh yay, I am so excited for this! Thank you once gain Riestrella for setting up this challenge. The Bikini Challenge was so motivating to me and I've been looking forward to this.

My goal is an even 10 pounds from where I am now, which will put me at 179 - no longer obese! Hopefully I can do more than that, but I will adjust my goal later on if I find I need to I originally thought I wouldn't hit 179 until the end of the year, and I am really happy to be ahead of the game. My ten year high school reunion happens to be in early November...so this challenge is perfect timing.

Quote:
so, just to pass the time, I have a question:
What has been the most fun/easiest part of dieting for you?
Hmm, I feel those are two totally different questions to me! The most fun has been mostly appearance-based. Getting into smaller sizes, seeing my face and body change, being able to wear new clothes.

The easiest part of dieting, for me, is sticking to my fasting days on 5:2 (I eat up to only 500 calories two days a week). On those two days, I usually do great! It's the other 5 days of the week that I struggle with!

Curious what your own answers would be, tinneranne

Last edited by nonameslob; 08-11-2014 at 01:02 PM.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 04:49 PM   #19  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Hoopty: I'm on vacation for another 3 weeks. I took this summer off and went to Costa Rica with my boyfriend We've been here for 6 weeks now, and it's gone by soooo fast.

and I'm totally the same way, Im also an all in or nothing kind of person! If I mess up, I mess up big. If I do great, I'm OP and exercising like a maniac. I'm really trying to eat healthier and the boyfriend is in since we are going to a wedding in mid-October and he want's to be down 20 pounds. So hopefully that helps me stay on plan.

tinneranne2:
easiest part of dieting....nothing! lol. dieting becomes easy once it's a habit, I guess. Like, I don't miss fast food as much as I did the first few months. Eating more fruits and veggies was easy? it's a hard question.

Funnest part of dieting for me has been doing stuff that I wouldn't do before... ie hiking, white water rafting, ziplining. It's awesome, and I never would have tried any of it if I hadn't lost weight.

Skittlesfirehawk:

how fun! where are you going? I was scheduled to go on a cruise in June but we missed the departure date. Our car broke down in middle of nowhere two days before the trip. we had decided to road trip before the cruise. not the greatest idea
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:32 PM   #20  

@kisskiss wow 6 week vacation sounds fun. ill be doing a disney halloween cruise on the disney dream
Old 08-12-2014, 12:31 AM   #21  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

Halloween is my favorite time of year and this year I am excited to be dressing up again! I will definitely join.
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:42 AM   #22  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

The most fun? Watching the physical changes, I guess. It's awesome to discover a new bone or something that I've never seen before! Seriously, that's the best! Also, being able to wear something that NEVER would have fit before. And feeling more comfortable in my skin, definitely.

The easiest? Eating healthier, probably. I've never had an issue loving fruits, veggies, whole grains, etc., it's the 'too much food' part that's always been my issue. And giving up soda and juice for the most part was so easy it wasn't an effort at all. I only have like half a can of soda a couple times a year. And juice is maybe a couple cups a month at the very most. I usually prefer water or plain tea, anyway (which is very lucky!).

Good questions!

Last edited by LiannaKole; 08-12-2014 at 02:47 AM.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:15 AM   #23  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

tinneranne2 - Easiest part: Drinking tons of water and green tea. I've never been a soda or juice person and I hate coffee, so water and tea have always been part of my lifestyle. And going to the gym because I enjoy working out! Most fun part: Stepping on the scale to see a new low, clothes getting more and more loose and - working out!

Kisskiss - Oh Costa Rica for a total of 9 weeks???? You lucky son of a ****!!! Or did you mean that you've been there for 6 days? It's nice to have a workout/"diet"-buddy. I'm sure he will be able to achieve his goal with you by his side. You've done absolutely amazingly great so far!

It's really hard for me to get back on track. On Sunday I drank tons, worked out and stayed within my calories but didn't make the greatest food choices. I was down a pound the next day. Yesterday I open the door to the main office at work only to find the most delicious cupcakes ever aahhh that never happens!!! But a co-worker got married so she brought in a few sweets. Then, our mini-cafereria at work with the most delicious blueberry muffins was giving out food for free, ugh, so I took one. When I came home I had pizza. I was up again a pound this morning but I've been peeing a lot since then so I guess I was just holding in a lot of water from that pizza.
I need to make better choices, seriously. I'm hoping that I will stay strong today.
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:14 AM   #24  
Hello!

Height: 4'11"

The easiest, by far is drinking water. I don't think there are words for the amount of love I have for water. My Nalgene bottle is refilled at least three times a day.
The most fun would probably be my daily yoga practice. I'm just getting into it but I'm really enjoying it.

Right now I'm having a rough time trying to find the right balanced diet. I don't usually eat much to begin with (1000-1100 cal/day),because I am extremely picky and honestly I cannot eat more than that . When i do eat more i feel bloated and nauseas.The list of foods I will actually eat fits on 3/4 of a sheet of notebook paper. I'm trying real hard to branch out and try different things but so far, in the past year, I've only branched out to purple cauliflower. I love cauliflower and my favorite color is purple so it was pretty simple.
I'm working towards a balance always looking for ways to improve.
alyrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 04:45 PM   #25  

the most fun is watching my body change and my friends and family look on in awe and jealousy

the easiest part was dropping soda i dropped it in last november and havent looked back
Old 08-12-2014, 06:12 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 297/182/155

Height: 5'8

I'll join!!
df180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:22 PM   #27  
Started journey: Aug/2014

S/C/G: 233/233/170

Height: 5'11

I'm excited!! My goal weight (200) might be a bit impossible, but since I'm starting my weight loss all over again (I yo-yo ) I'm hoping the first few weeks will be a whoosh for me.
ChubbyNursingStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 12:09 AM   #28  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Hoopty: Yup, 9 weeks in Costa Rica! It's been so much fun so far, really amazing. I'm really excited because I am supposed to go ziplining out here before we leave. delicious cupcakes and blueberry muffins? man, that would've been hard for me. I didn't used to be a big sweets person when I was bigger, but I absolutely love them now. Stay strong!!
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 01:44 PM   #29  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

So, just chatting until the challenge starts, here.

I'm in a wedding for a friend coming up. I think it'll be a really nice wedding, and I think I'll have a good time overall. Only... this friend I've known since high school, she's always been very competitive with me on the most bizarre things. I found out just a few days ago from someone else that she is deliberately trying to make me not look very pretty as a bridesmaid. I'm very perplexed by this.

This friend is much smaller than me, like 115 lbs. She's also very pretty. I don't understand why she'd be threatened by me, if that's the reason she's doing this, especially since it's HER wedding. No one cares what I look like (except me and her, apparently).

So, this other person told me that my friend deliberately chose a dress she thought would look bad on me. The dress DOES look bad on me, with the color, and cut that is made for someone who is completely differently shaped than I am (and probably someone who is thinner than me). And then she planned to do my hair in an unattractive style, again on purpose.

I'm sort of gobsmacked by this. I'm not sure what to do, either. Probably nothing. I'll wear the dress, especially since this isn't the first time a dress didn't look nice on a bridesmaid - but I'm kind of hurt she did it on purpose. And I think I'll be able to talk our hair stylist into not giving me an ugly hairdo, but again, it stings a little that this woman who I consider to be my friend would try to make me look even more unattractive.

LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 02:14 PM   #30  

@lianna none of the bridesmaids are supposed to look good in the dresses.the point is for the bride to look pretty