Old 04-01-2013, 04:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

Default ♦✰♦ April Daily Chat thread! ♦✰♦

hey guys!

Well, it's already April 1st here, so time for a new thread!

and i guess it's good, for me, that it's a fresh new month, and a fresh new week, because i've been baaaaaad.... oh god. I'm about 6lbs up from last week and i just wanna cry.... it's really, truly, my first failure since starting out in November...

see on Friday, i had my kinda-unplanned cheat day with the bf, which made me go up a bit on Saturday... bloated, water-weight, normal. then on Sat, i started out out good, did my workout, my breakfast and lunch were fine, but i was soooooo PMS-y and grumpy!! i ended up chomping my way through an entire bag of granola cereal, plus a Lindt dark chocolate bar... T_T went to bed with my stomach hurting. and THEN on Sunday, i woke up feeling sick from my stomach, AND having a migraine, which lasted all day and made me feel horrible. you would THINK that being sick would make me eat less, and you would be correct, except that around night time, when i started to feel better, i went to the convenience store and bought ice cream and a bunch of bread i used to make cheese toast... T_T so this morning, i weighed-in at 77.6 kg. that's about 171lbs, that's like my January weight and it makes me wanna cry. why is it SO HARD to take it off, but SO EASY to put it back on???

anyways, it's April now, and it's Monday, no excuse. time to get back on the horse. I just feel so lame. meh.

how was everyone's weekend?

rainbow: looks like you're doing good! hope you didn't go too crazy with the chocos over easter yeah, Loft used to be a place of doom for me... there was one in the mall where i used to live, and when i'd meet up with my friend for dinner, i'd always end up in there buying stuff i don't need! gah! i forgot to mention they sell character stuff too! like hello kitty and rilakkuma... now there isn't one near where i live, so i hardly ever go! which is probably a good thing, i suppose...

rie: eheheh, i feel you on the "black hole" boyfriend... mine's the same, except all the time... T_T and i shall forgive you the burger since my bf's b-day is coming up as well and it looks like it might be a setback for me too... you're doing good with your coke thing though! i'm proud of you! well, the whole "eat more!" speech seems highly irrelevant now... -_- though when i get back to the weight that my ticker says, and my ridiculously slow weightloss, i think i might try adding protein shakes to my diet. cuz i dunno... i already eat all the stuff you said, like nuts, and avocados, so i dunno where i should add food!

sun: i feel you... my weight-loss is so much slower this time around that it has been other times in the past... why???? *sigh* but let's hang in there!! you've been doing really good with your running, so keep it up!

namaste: i hope you feel better! well done on throwing away the food! my bf is always patronizing me when i don't eat all my food at a restaurant, but i always feel it's better to waste food then to put it into my body to make me fat!! skinny people don't understand... but we gotta do what's better for us! hope you feel better
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:26 AM   #2  

I'm joining in. I really need everyone to keep me accountable more than anything. This weekend was just bad. My husband is in the military and he got called to a week long training, so I'm alone and feeling sorry for myself. So I realized what an emotional eater I was. But today I jumped back so thats an achievement.
I have no been running like I was. i feel like I am way to fat to run, like it's too much weight for my body to bounce around. I have to find a mean of exercise however because I don't think I have worked out for over two weeks.
goldengirlamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 236/236/160

Height: 5' 8"

Hey ladies! I've been around here before (a couple years ago) and lost some weight with all your accountability, BUT! I'm 6 months post-partum (we had a beautiful baby girl) and working out/nursing/being tired ALL the time has wreaked havoc on me! I'm at my highest weight EVER, and DH even weighs less than me

I'm slowly eliminating things from my diet (this week: bread/gluten and refined sugars...ALL OF THEM!) and starting a morning workout routine.

Can't wait to meet you all!
zarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Kawaii Urgh, no good that you were not feeling good, hope you're doing better now! I am so in need of this fresh month too, what a ridiculously pathetic result I had for March. I basically lost nothing. Or rather I lost and gained the same 2 pounds OVER AND OVER AGAIN. I did go a little crazy with chocolate...well...not too bad. My boyfriend surprised me with a kind of large chocolate chick and I did eat the whole thing over two days.

goldengirlamy Hi and welcome! I feel bad running sometimes like all my fat is jiggling around, but it's so good once you get going!

zarra Hey there! Good luck getting started this week with your workout routine and eating, all sounds good!

~So the weekend was definitely not amazing in terms of food and stuff - four days for Easter really messed with me and I basically didn't count calories at all, on any of the days. I did try to be relatively healthy where possible, but I also went a little overboard at a family meal on Sunday and I ate a lot of chocolate (and not a lot else) yesterday. No wonder I'm feeling so sick today.

My plan for today is just to make it through the day - I am at work and I feel so sick, it's horrible. I am giving myself a break from running tonight because I know this day will be super draining anyway. I probably can't go home sick because I have a lot to do and my boss sometimes gets a little weird about sick leave. So I'm going to stay within the lower range of my calories. Dinner is already planned, leftovers from last week that I took out of the freezer and I'm currently eating dry toast. Lunch might be a plain baked potato. Carbs make me feel less sick sometimes.

I'll kick start my month tomorrow. I want to beat my 109km total running from March this month.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #5  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

Stripe- Sorry you're not feeling well. I've been feeling a little better, I still have a mild headache but not the debilitating, mind numbing pounding I had before. I can relate to eating chocolate though, I got two chocolate bunnies for Easter and I have already eaten both of them. :-( they sure were good though, lol.

Kawaii- Sorry you're feeling bad! Don't beat yourself up, you're still here and trying again which is something to be proud of. You'll get the hang of things. Yes I know, my fiancé is skinny but he lost 20 lbs while dating me so he understands to some degree. And he looks great too! Wish I had his willpower. :-)

Zarra-

Amy- Welcome back! Coming back is an important first step, best of luck to you.

----
Well, I'm back to somewhat normal today. I went back to school but I was completely exhausted. Still, I made it through all three classes with relatively little trouble. Though you could tell everyone else was tired too, cause when I had my Biology lab it took twice as long because my lab partners and I were so tired we couldn't even think straight.

I have been eating a ton today just to stay awake, and I'm hoping tomorrow I'll be a bit more alive and ergo not eating as much. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Well I am going to do some homework. Have a great evening all.
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #6  

goldengirlamy: welcome! (back?) I hate running so I feel you. I'm a big fan of exercise DVDs. I think circuit training ones are especially good, and i'm a big fan of Jillian's <3 as for the emotional eating, i think it's all of our problem, isn't it? if we didn't have a warped relationship with food, and if we didn't find comfort in it, we wouldn't be fat in the first place! it's hard, but when you feel like you're going into that direction, you gotta try to distract yourself! hang in there!

zarra: welcome and join in! the more the merrier! i'm sure if you've had success here before, you can do it again! good luck!

rainbow: yeah, i'm better... my cycle has been going really wonky for the last 2-3 months... basically, i stopped taking the pill for like 2 months, then i started again and since i started again all this weird crap's been happening. it's a really light hormonal pill (the point was to prevent my migraines) but now , since it's so light, everytime i forget to take a pill (which happens at least once a month...), it triggers my period, even if it's totallly not time for it, which leads to my having what i've dubbed my "perma-period" for like 3 weeks. it's like a period flipped on it's head. i'm bleeding (super lightly) for 3 weeks outta the month and only have a few days off. needless to say, it's been sucky. and i'm not sure if that's the reason i've been having more intense PMS than usual... this was actually the first time in quite a while that i got a proper period headache/migraine though... meh. well anyways, i'm better and was good yesterday so. so yeah, let's have a (metaphorical) toast to a fresh new month! lol. it's gonna be spring, we can do this!

namaste: boys always lose weight faster. so unfair. my bf couldn't lose weight if he tried... pretty sure he never had an ounce of fat on his body... and he's been working out for about a year now and boxing for like 6 months (not super regularly though) and he is so freakin sexy to me! lol. i wish i could be that sexy to him though well, everybody usually feels tired after a vacation... just try to keep up! remember, eating (especially bad foods) will make you feel MORE sleepy... and exercise does wake you up!

hey guys! so tuesday here. i'm up and ready to go! i was quite good yesterday, and weight is down a bit (though still a million pounds higher than it should be) but today is my man's birthday so it's probably not looking good for me foodwise... i'm off to do my workout and then getting ready to go and meet him!

btw, i forgot to mention something last week... during a random conversation, bf told me how much he weighed. I've always been wondering cuz he's a really skinny japanese dude, so i thought he'd weigh something like 120lbs - wet - but he told me he weighed 68kg, which is roughly 150lbs. now, that's my birthday goal. so i was really encouraged and i was like "omg! i can do this! i can weigh less than my boyfriend!!" lol. is this really stupid?? haha...

another thing that i want to comment on, is workout 7 in Body Revolution... like, seriously, i cannot do half the moves. i'm trying my best but it's like my body just doesn't contort that way and the result is that at the end of the workout, i am not as "dead" as i should be... all the other workouts so far have left me panting, crying, and dripping in sweat, but this one, i'm only sweating a little and i'm like "oh, is it over?" so i'm just kinda :/ i wonder what i should do...

anyways! hope y'all have a good day!
Old 04-01-2013, 09:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 236/236/160

Height: 5' 8"

Rainbow: I know the feeling! Every time I eat sweets I say to myself "Remember how awful you feel!!" but it doesn't help Hopefully you will be feeling back to your normal self tomorrow!

Namaste: Homework! Yuck! What are you studying?

Kawaii: I don't have any advice for your workout (although I know EXACTLY what you mean) but I can totally relate to wanting to weigh less than your man! I hate it when I husband loses weight so easily. We weigh almost the same amount right now, so I'm hoping with my new goals that I can speed up the process and weigh way less than him here soon!
---
So my eating plan today was a disaster...we desperately need to go grocery shopping and all we had to eat was leftover egg/potato bake and pb&j....so I ate 2 pieces of bread and a cheesy, potato-y bake which isn't ideal. On the plus side, I had a great pilates workout this morning! Since having the babe, the lack of strength in my core is something I really miss, and I think pilates is the PERFECT thing to help me get that back.

As far as eating goes, does anyone here try to eat raw or gluten free?! If so, what are some good resources (recipes/blogs/youtube)??
zarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:07 PM   #8  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

Zarra- you're telling me! Reading philosophy texts with a headache just equals more headache, lol. I am a non traditional student in health information technology, which deals with medical records and some billing and coding. :-)

Kawaii- lol yes! Fiancé not only has lost 20 lbs, he looks about 14 (but he's actually 28, same as me). Talk about good genes, lol. Then again, people also think I'm younger too, like 19 or 20, so I guess we were meant to be.

Sun- I'm feeling better, thanks! Sorry about forgetting you on my last personal. :-)

---
Just wanted to do personals before I go to sleep. Have a good evening all.
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:29 AM   #9  
Woo
Slowly Shrinking..

S/C/G: 111/105/70

Height: 158cm

Hi, if this a private chat or can anyone join?
Woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:49 AM   #10  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

It's a long time coming, but I started my exercise chart today! I kicked it off with a great yoga session. It was simple but it helped me relax and feel some positive vibes.

I feel like I've been down in the dumps recently so I'm going to try and bring good vibes and a happy attitude to everything I do. It's easy to get bummed out in my case, so I just need to learn to lighten up and appreciate the small things and realise how lucky I am!

I'm trying not to dwell on the terrible eating week/weekend I've had. Just a lot of convenient meals, pizza and alcohol. I went to a wedding on Sunday which was lovely, they had a 5 course meal and it was delicious. Here's the video I did for the wedding reception if anyone is interested in watching! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi5utueDgbQ But obviously all that food/drink was not good for my body.

It's also been a tough time at work but again, trying to be positive and not so mopey since that makes me want to eat poorly.

kawaii - Eep, hopefully you can get rid of that weight quickly! Life is always a bit cruel in that we can easily gain weight but it takes twice as long to get rid of! Something we should all keep in mind when we feel like porking out. I'm glad you're feeling good about starting a new month, you can do it!
I don't think it's sad at all to want to be lighter than your boyfriend! I really want to be lighter than mine too. He's like 140 lbs so I've got quite a bit to go, but I know when I'm lighter than him I'll feel a bit more...feminine I guess! I know that shouldn't be the case but I guess I have a bit of a traditional mindset in that regard!

goldengirl - Hello! I'm sorry that you have a hard time with your husband being away =/. I think you need to focus your energy on trying to stay healthy so that you can feel better about yourself! Healthy eating and good exercise will release lots of happy hormones! As for running, you are definitely never too fat to run! As long as you don't push yourself and wear correct shoes then you can run all you like! It takes a while to get into a routine, and you have to force yourself for a while, but when you get into the spirit you might love it!!

zarra - Welcome! I can't imagine taking care of myself and a completely dependable baby! But it is possible, I've seen some women get back into a slender body after having a baby and it's super impressive! Good idea on making cuts, sugar is always the hardest to cut since you build up a craving for it. I recently quit Coke and it was hard but after 2 weeks I naturally say no! The way I want to see it (but find it hard too!) is that if it can be grown in a garden then it's good for you! So lots of fresh fruit and veg. Meat is good, especially chicken breast and turkey. Fish is awesome for you too!

rainbow - What kind of sick do you feel? Don't over work yourself! ;_;. Working while feeling ill is the worse.

namaste - Sorry you're so tired, it's never fun to be tired and having to use your brain! How's the job hunt?

Woo - Come on in! This is for everyone =)
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:58 AM   #11  

zarra: what's potato bake? sorry your eating hasn't been on plan... i can't help you with the gluten free stuff, and i wouldn't go as far as eating everything raw, but i'm a big fan of "clean eating" which is pretty much eating just natural foods. lotsa fruits and veggies, poteins like meat, eggs, nuts, avocadoes... i eat a lot of salads... and very little carbs unless i eat out! cuting out the "fake food" makes a world of difference!

namaste: lol! well i guess i'm like your fiance since i look ridiculously younger as well... (this is how i fooled my 23y.o. bf into dating me... *evil laughter*) but if only i could lose weight that fast!! haha... i guess good genes don't equal good metabolism

woo: of course! everyone is welcome! hope in and rant about your lifestuffs!

rie: good job on making your chart and trying to crank-up the positivity! i tried some yoga workouts from youtube a while back and it did feel nice but i didn't really feel like it was a "workout", you know? so i kinda dropped out of it i know, it's so unfair... T_T i told the boy yesterday that my goal was to be lighter than him and he had this look in his face like he was trying not to laugh at me!!! i'll show him! lol.

hey guys! so yesterday was my bf's b-day and we had a lovely time. i told him we could do whatever he wanted since it was "his day", but we pretty much ended up doing the same as usual, plus bubbly and presents. i guess it's weird cuz birthdays aren't really big deals here in japan... but anyways. we went to an "american diner" for lunch and had heavenly burgers (yay, my diet!) followed by cake and sparkling wine (which i'm never buying again cuz it gave me such a headache!) and watched movies while chumping on nachos and guacamole, and then we had udon and tempura for dinner, and when i came home i had a taiyaki (kinda pastry) and some chocolates. yay my diet, eh?

so when i weighed myself this morning, i was actually shocked that i weighed-in at less than yesterday. i'm still high from my terrible weekend of doom, but i thought that all the not-so-healthy foods from yesterday would have made it go up again, and not only didn't it do that, but it was less. now, i am making the observation that, a few weeks ago, bf and i went to the same udon restaurant on a cheat day, and the next day there was absolutely no damage. could there be a correlation??? i'm gonna go eat there again!!! lol.

anyways, it's been pissing rain over here since yesterday, and since i hate rain with all my heart, i am determined to not go out at all today and just stay home and read
Old 04-03-2013, 03:01 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

namaste I still have too much leftover chocolate that was gifted to me...I'm trying to ration it out!

Kawaii Perma-period sounds like h#ll. I had something like that once when I got the contraceptive injection, ick. Will you stay on that pill? Sounds kind of (understatement) frustrating. Wishing you luck with your birthday goal! No matter what people say, I have to say it always feels satisfying to weigh less than your bf - and I know you can do it. Ahhhh all your talk about burgers and udon and nachos makes me hungry and I just ate haha. Sounds like the birthday was fun though. Hope the weather clears up!

Woo Hello there, join on in!

Riestrella I like your video! Well done. Sounds like you're doing what I need to do - being more positive! Congrats on kicking off the workout chart. Yesterdays sick was just tummy related, but I felt a million times better when I woke up this morning!

~I am so glad it's another short week this week, only two days left! I'm right on track for food today, and I did my run, though I'm a little horrified because looking at my schedule it seems like I might only get one or two more runs in this week which is not great considering I usually do 4 or 5. I'm trying not to beat myself up over it - some weeks you just can't fit everything in! We've got a bunch of documents to fill out and also to have witnessed by a "notary public" so tomorrow after work we gotta go do that, as well as get specifically sized photos done.

My laptop pretty much died last night, blue screen of death took hold and it wouldn't stay on for more than 10 minutes before flashing up and shutting down - luckily I went to bed because I was sad about it and my boyfriend woke me up a couple of hours later saying he'd worked it out, downloaded and updated some driver or something and it appears to be fixed - yay handy computery boyfriend! I am SO not in the market for a new computer right now!!

My weight is up on the end of last week, but I am determined to have a good week this week and my big goal right now is STAY ON TRACK WITH FOOD ON THE WEEKEND! Might be easier said than done, we have a barbecue to go to on Saturday. Harumph. Why does life get in the way!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:50 AM   #13  
Woo
Slowly Shrinking..

S/C/G: 111/105/70

Height: 158cm

KawaiiCandie - That's great that you weighed in less than yesterday! Sounds like you had a lovely day with the BF.

rainbowstripe - Great that your boyfriend could fix you P.C. Mine is a wee computer geek too, Comes in handy.

Riestrella - Awesome video that you made May I ask why you have been down in the dumps? Thats one thing I miss is my comfort food, so instead I seem to be smoking more... Its a no win situation haha.

zarra - How old is your Baby? Mmmm Cheesey Potato Bake **Drooling**

Sorry if I missed anyone. Little bit about myself. 23 years old (nearly 24) Living in Christchurch, New Zealand - Most people know where this is as we have a large earthquake just before Japan. I originally weighed 111kgs ( 244lbs) Have been doing WW (ish) doing the points but not the meetings for 3 weeks (had 3rd weigh in today) and have lost 7 kgs (15lbs) [/FONT]
Where is everyone else from and ages?
Woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:30 AM   #14  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies, I hope you don't mind if I jump in and join you! The last daily chat thread I was a part of started to get so busy that I just couldn't keep up with the personals.
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:01 AM   #15  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone! I am joining back up in this thread since things are finally starting to calm back down and I am getting a better grip on this time management stuff. It's so good to see everyone again!

How is everyone doing?
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote