Old 02-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #31  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammalamma View Post
The past two times I've calorie counted and exercised, I've had 1200-1300 calories. I use an app on my phone to count, so even when I exercise, it gives me those calories back for eating. I generally get an hour of exercise in every day. Even if it's too much, I just feel better when I do an hour. I'm going to switch it up and do 30 minutes strength, and 30 minutes cardio, along with bumping up my caloric intake to 1400 a day. I'm going to try it out for 2ish weeks and see how I do. I know your metabolism kicks into high gear with strength training so I hope it'll help. I've been doing the same thing that I've done before to lose weight, but I guess my body is changing again.

riestrella: that site is telling me I should eat 2400 calories a day.....is that just for maintenance, or for weight loss??? That seems like A LOT!!! Holy moly I don't think I could eat that much in a day!

sorry, no time for personals. I just got home from my internship and I'm pooped!! I'm going to take a nap before I head out for the night. I decided I'm getting the fish and chips because it's rare that I ever go to this restaurant, and it's the only time I get fish and chips...so why not?
Considering you're doing that much exercise then 1400 sounds really low to me. I know it sounds crazy, but eating more when exercising a lot will really speed up your weight loss. Think of your body like a fire: the fire is your metabolism, the wood is the fuel/food and the air around the fire is how much you exercise. The more you exercise the more fuel your fire needs. It really is that simple, and it works.

2400 does sound like a lot, but maybe start by eating 1900 of healthy food. The great thing about that food plan is it tells you what you should be getting of each food group a day. If you can, eat 5 meals a day, the more your body gets used to being fed the metabolism will just keep on going and you'll also be fuelled up for your exercise.

I'm 5'5" and I've been eating around 1900-2000 calories a day since July last year and I've continued to lose weight. I exercise up to 1 hour 6 days a week so my body needs the food to keep up! I was in the Sarge's No Excuses Boot Camp thread over in the Chicks Up For A Challenge sub forum and they were all hardcore fitness people who swore down by eating more. Well, they were right, I just kept dropping week after week once I started eating more!

Obviously everyone likes to lose weight differently, but losing weight is a big lifestyle change and I'm happy eating what I eat now and could happily do it for the rest of my life. When you look at RDA for calories, they don't tend to be below 1800, but again I'm fully aware we all have different ways of losing weight.

It's just something for you to think about since you are exercising so much, and with strength training thrown in there too eating more might be something you want to consider to improve your performance. It always helps if the body is stalling to change things up a bit, so perhaps it might work for you?
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:29 PM   #32  
Tori

S/C/G: 172/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

kawaii Yea 11 classes is a stressful amount, but I decided this semester if I had to spend more time at the gym and have my grades suffer a little I’m ok with that. First semester I wanted as good as I could get grades… but I realized they really don’t mean anything so may as well spend more time doing something that will really benefit me. I’ve always wanted to go to Montreal! I hear it’s so pretty.
They test your blood for iron every time you go, so if you really wanted to you could eat a protein rich diet for the day then go and try again. And it’s a stupid amount of testing before they’ll take your blood. First you get your finger pricked and tested for hemoglobin (iron) if it’s under 125 they will deny you right there. Then a billion questionnaire thing, then a nurse takes your blood pressure, temperature and pulse rate to make sure you are “fit” to give blood. So there’s no way he wasn’t tested appropriately, some people just have reactions from losing so much blood. BUT I did lose .8 of a lb since yesterday so that's a plus lol

ries I was in the same boat, I completely trusted him and we ended up doing long distance for 2 years. And we didn’t break up because of the distance, or cheating so there is always hope! I hated when people would doubt it, like just be happy for me who cares if we’re apart right now.
I assumed that yawning is bad because I think yawning is your body trying to get more oxygen, and if all your oxygen rich blood cells are going out your arm… it’s not a good sign. I asked one of my nursing instructors today and she said that I was right, and they probably were scared I was going anemic.

namaste984 It’s good that you worked things out with your mom. It can be a hard relationship to manage. I know what you mean about tuition, I just had to bite the nail and take the expensive program I wanted to. But I think the dietician would be fun too! If you enjoy it, and it’ll help keep you motivated that’s awesome (because really who wants to take advice from a ‘fat’ dietician haha)

candice it was a pretty scary first experience. I already have my next appointment booked so hopefully it was just the excitement going on and I will be able to give again.

Last edited by torito; 02-03-2012 at 08:36 PM.
torito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:24 PM   #33  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

Hey guys!

I've been on the job application blitz with my best friend and boyfriend. I picked up somewhere around 15 to 20 of them and I've been filling them out tonight. It has definitely lit a fire under my bum, so to speak, because a lot of the people who work in retail are very skinny. I have a similar personality to most people in retail, I am very bubbly and energetic, but I've often wondered if people who work in retail who are overweight and not in a plus-size shop are taken less seriously. Regardless of that, I have decided I'm going to bite the bullet and really lose the weight. It was just the motivation I needed.

torito- Exactly! I actually got a job application at a nutrition supplement shop and the guy at the register looked at me like I was crazy. After I explained that I was a nutritionist-in-training and I had lost 30 lbs already, he looked much more receptive and willing to give me time of day. It was pretty cool but I don't want that look at every nutritionist job, like, what are you DOING here? type of look.

I will be back tomorrow at my usual time. I will keep you updated on the job app blitz. Wish me luck!

Last edited by namaste984; 02-03-2012 at 11:24 PM.
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:33 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Ok, so I wrote this in the morning before I left, but then googled f-ed up and wouldn’t let me log into 3fc again…

First of all, thanks to everyone who gave me advice about my boy! It’s much appreciated!! And guess what? Over what everyone said to me and all the speculations (mom, friends…) you guys were the one who were right!! There’s nothing wrong, he still wants to come to Canada and is ready to buy the tix, and it’s probably just the 3 months thing and he’s getting more bored of mailing often! I found out that he didn’t even stay up all night on Thursday, so there was like ZERO reason for him to not mail me before work cuz he was definitely awake, and I was just stressing for NOTHING!!! Grrr! Men!!! I told him “you know I was REALLY worried!!!” and he made this sheepish face and was like “sorry…..” gah!! Ah well… all is good anyhow…

Rie: I want to thank you especially for your really good advice! I feel like a lot that you said applies to our situation lot… even if the distance is not as great as you two, it feels a bit like that sometimes… like the daily mails were just becoming saying the same thing over and over… so maybe I should back off. Haha. oooh, I would be pissed off about the IM thing too!! But sounds like you guys have a really good thing going on I’m happy for you that you’ll be able to see him real soon!

Linds: thanks! Aww… I hope you got to enjoy your Friday night nonetheless! I hate it when you wanna party and your friends don’t… pooh!

Namaste: wow, sounds like things have been hectic for you! But I’m glad to hear you patched things up with your mom. And good for you for working out with your man!! I would be waaaay too embarrassed to do that with mine, haha. what did you guys do?

Candice: that’s what I’m doing too! Teaching English here.. I really love the place although it can be soooo frustrating! The Japanese are a really stubborn people! Let me know if you want a souvenir, I’ll send you something! that goes for any of you too! Well, as long as it’s within my means! Haha… yeah, thanks, I am definitely the queen of over-reacting… and today I’m gonna dress cute, go out to karaoke with my gurlfriend and take purikura! Should be fun. Then I’ll come home and pack. Lol. having a movie night sounds fun, but there is actually no movie-rental place near where I live, which is sooooo lame. I live in the city center of my town, so yeah…

Samma: yeah, your body always adapts to what you’re doing so after a while it’s good to change things up! good luck!

Rie: hey, what’s that website you’re telling Samma about??

Torito: oh, I see! (about the blood thing) how weird that guy got sick even after all that… yeah, Montreal is a really nice place! You should definitely go! It’s nicer in the summer than now though! So much snow! Lol. I think my boy will freak out when we go… he doesn’t even own a “real” winter jacket! Mwahaha…

Hey girls!! So like I said, all is well again and I am the queen of making drama out of nothing… lol. I couldn’t work out last night, cuz obviously I was so stressed out, and I had a friend come over, and then FINALLY he mailed me at like 10:30 after work… sheesh. Silly boys… well anyways, I worked out just now for the 2nd time and it was still pretty hard, but now as bad as the first time, so I guess that’s good!

Today I plan on getting dressed up and going out and about on the town with my friend! I’ma show you pics of my new make-up cuz rainbow wanted to see, eheh… oh and, get this! When I weighed myself this morning, the scale said 79.8kg… that’s like 176lbs… I just couldn’t believe it and it makes zeeero sense… so I’m not updating my ticker cuz… I don’t believe it! lol. plus today is my cheat day so it’ll probably go up again.. but that would mean I lost like 3lbs in a day!! Wtf!!

Holler! This is me and my makeup camwhoring!
(wow, my expression looks really stupid on there... lol!)
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:48 AM   #35  
Samantha

S/C/G: 150/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

riestrella: yeesh...that just seems like a lot to me. Although I work out a lot, if I eat that much, I do gain. My body is weird that way. The funny thing is, I'm not hungry when I have only 1200 calories...I'm not starving. But thanks for the advice, and I'll take it into consideration!

namaste: atta girl with the applications!!! Just gotta get your foot in the door

kawaii: hey, take the weight loss! and LOVE the make up kit! I love eye make up, but I have absolutely no skill with putting it on! haha!

Well dinner was great last night! The fish and chips were delicious, even though my stomach was not happy this morning and I am clearly the most bloated woman on the planet today. We were sat right in front of the performing stage, so we were the ones that the performers paid attention to. It was fun at first, but started getting a little uncomfortable. I'm not a fan of having a lot of attention on me. The performers thought we were married, so when we said no, they assumed that it was a first date, so we had to clarify that we've been together for 8.5 years. With that, the whole restaurant said "oohh!" and the performer was like "WOAH. 8 years? dude, you need to get on that!!" (that's been the running theme for 2 years now. everyone is waiting for us to get engaged. hahah!) So my boyfriend got his taste of reality last night hahaa.

My mom has a stomach virus that's been going around....so I SO can't wait to catch it. Though....maybe it'll give me a jump start with my weight loss! HAH! (TOTALLY KIDDING) But prior to the stomach bug festivities, I'll be going to the gym today, then out to lunch with my good friend that I haven't seen since June, and then getting my hair trimmed..so I'm going to be a happy camper today!

Have a good day everyone!
sammalamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:25 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 239/see ticker/110

Height: 4ft 11inches

Torito: well good for you for not getting discouraged from the last one!!

Namaste: Good for you for getting out there… I wouldn’t worry to much about that…. The majority of them may be skinny but theyre also bi*****!!! I hate going to the mall…. They look at me like im crap because theyre skinny and it makes shopping very uncomfortable…. Frankly id rather have someone with a little more meat and bubbly helping me then a snobby skinny chick… I usually don’t end up buying anything when I go into stores like that L but good for you for grabbing on to that motivation to lose the weight… im sure once you lose it you wont turn into one of them women. :P

KawaiiCandie: glad to hear everything is great with the beau … men can be so weird sometimes… they just don’t get us haha I so wanted to do that one day go teach English somewhere but itll be awhile now that I have my baby lol…. Id love a souvenir!! Omg that would be awesome… you really don’t have to … id be cool with like a piece of paper with my name written in Japanese or a really cool saying in Japanese!! Thank you!!! <3 hmmm Sucks about not having a chance to rent movies…. Perhaps you can download one online and burn to a disc?? But good for you karaoke night sounds fun!!! J your scale is probably right… sometimes mine does that too I just lose 3lbs overnight even tho I probably should have gained…. Tomorrow if it’s the same you better change your ticker gurl! :P I love your makeup youre such a beautiful girl omg!! Gorgeous!

Not much going on for me today went for my walk this morning with Aiden already still beautiful out here little chillier then yesterday.... now were back home and waiting for his dad to come over and spend the day with us were making homemade whole wheat pizza tonight with all the fresh veggies and homemade pizza sauce yumm.... just finished making a gigantic salad to go with it... so should be a good night... It turns out he might not be going to his friends tomorrow for a superbowl party and might just come here afterall and watch with us so im pretty excited about that.. Aiden and I will get in our football duds (even tho our team is out we will wear them lol) and have some snacks (healthy of course) maybe some cheese and crackers and veggies and dip and i bought the stuff to make some potato skins for dad....

Just found out my cousin is pregnant again (she had a little boy about 11 months ago), and another cousin of mines son is having triplets with his wife.... and there is a couple other cousins already pregnant and having babies that I knew about so my grandmother is off to Michaels to get wool and were going to start knitting up those blankets for all the babies... (shes more the knitter im more the creative one telling her which colours and patterns to do to mix it up :P)

I got a little bored last night and decided that the tattoo i want to get on my shoulder blade was just to plain so I upgraded it and ill post it on here so everyone can see.... but thats about it for me! Happy Saturday everyone!!

Let me know if the link works everyone!
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...32180130_n.jpg

Last edited by candice1022; 02-04-2012 at 11:48 AM.
candice1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:45 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

GOOD Morning, all! Wow, you all have been chatty! I don't know how I'm going to catch up. Student teaching is definitely keeping me busy during the week. On the plus side, since I'm gone all day, I'm not snacking all the time like I was before when I was staying at home. I have been packing my lunch and counting calories and I lost 4lbs. last week!! Woohoo! Also, I'm up moving all the time in the classroom. With that being said, I'm finally officially in a 16 pant size! I have 4 pairs of 16s that I can wear comfortably! And I bought my first top from a store that doesn't sell plus-size clothes! It's the biggest size they make, but still it isn't plus size!

Kawaii - CUTE picture! I am horrible with makeup...I have no clue. LOL! Glad you got your bf troubles resolved. That's why we have the chat thread...to talk about other things BESIDES weight loss...there's more to life than losing weight and getting healthy.

Namaste - Good luck finding work!!

Torito - that's CRAZY! I have given blood several times and never have had an experience like that. I would be scared to even try it again if the person besides me had a seizure. I have never even heard of that happening to someone. 11 classes....eeeeek!!!! How many hours is that??

Rie - Woohoo...not long now until you are USA bound! I'm excited for you. I really don't think it will be strange when you see each other. It will be great!
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:47 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Candice - looove the tattoo drawing! Where are you gonna put it? My hubby is supposed to be getting one today of our son's initials.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:49 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 239/see ticker/110

Height: 4ft 11inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgregg View Post
Candice - looove the tattoo drawing! Where are you gonna put it? My hubby is supposed to be getting one today of our son's initials.
probably on my right shoulder blade... im running out of places to put them hahaha
candice1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:10 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Literally just popping in. This weekend is proving to be pretty busy, but I think I'm managing ok with food and stuff.

I'm looking into buying an iPod nano because I CANNOT run without music and my new workout pants don't have a pocket that fits my ipod like my old ones did. I have some money from Christmas so I think it's a pretty good investment if it keeps me exercising!

Just a quick note to kawaii, I AM JEALOUS of your makeup. Haha I had to capitalise it because I am super jealous. All that colour! Also you look cute. As usual. Glad to hear things with the boy are good!!

Heading off now, gotta figure out dinner.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:09 AM   #41  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

Hey guys,

It's been a real interesting couple of days. Yesterday was spent looking for and filing tons more applications, and I think the grand total came to 15 that dbf and I turned in. As we were leaving one of the malls, we were about to make a right turn on an intersection and got rear-ended by the car behind us. :-/ Thankfully dbf and I were okay and so was the other driver; our cars got beat up a little but we were still able to drive out of the intersection and exchange info. So that was my little brush with death, thankfully we all made it out okay.

I got a request for a job interview at another retail shop. I actually think this one is more promising, they literally called me an hour after I had left and scheduled an interview. That is probably the fastest interview request I have ever had. So I have another interview on Tuesday and promises of more in the future. Hopefully this cold I've been nursing for the past few days will go away in time.

Candice- I know what you mean! Usually people aren't too bad to me, but I have been in some places where they literally looked at me like I had a disease and it was catching.

Kawaii- We do a lot of walking, stationary biking, and weights. I was once at the point where I could walk six miles at a time and lift a 20lb weight, I so want to be able to do that again! My ultimate goal in this case is to be able to go backpacking again and possibly do a short-track triathalon. Dbf is really small though, he has a little bit of weight on him but not much. And when I was struggling after a two mile walk, he was fine and did another two miles on the bike (to my 1.08). By the way, your makeup case is awesome!
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:55 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Hey guys!

You guys have been so chatty, geezus!

I was up 2lbs at my weigh-in this morning Really pissed me off. I still had a 0.6 loss from last week but I hate that I do so well for a few days and then let go for a day or two and my body just goes and forgets all the work I did the rest of the week. **insert hair pulling smiley here**

In my body's defence, I've been pretty lazy this week. Didn't make it to the gym once (not even after my packing my gym bag and bringing it to the office when I woke up too late to workout in the morning.) I went to an izakaya on Friday night and didn't count points, and yesterday I literally sat on the couch all day and watched movies. Even I am judging me right now

namaste - Good luck with the interview, that was fast! And I'm sorry to hear about the vet school decision. Unbelievable how expensive education is in some places.

I'll do some more personals later - if I don't go to the gym now, it's not gonna happen today!
teamcoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

my turn. no personals. actually, everything is not good with the boy. yesterday, he said he wanted to break up with me. at first, he said it was because he wanted to study abroad, and i was older than him and he felt he just didn't see a future for us. then he confessed that he'd met up with his (crazy, manipulative) ex and she had convinced him to take her back. he says he's super confused and doesn't know what to do. they've been together for 4 years and somehow he feels he owes her something because of that. although they weren't really together when i met him, he officially broke up with her because of me. i feel so bad you guys... i dunno what i'm gonna do. the diet is on hold. not that i'm turning to food or anything, i can barely get anything besides coffee down my throat. anyways, just a heads up.
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:56 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Kawaii - I am so, so, so sorry to hear about the boy He's on the losing end up this and just know that you'll be ok. Hold your head up high and hang in there, we're all here for you!
teamcoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:04 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

kawaii Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear that. I know it can't be easy at all, so just be kind to yourself and hopefully things will work out in a way where you can be happy. I hope you are ok, and we're here for you.

Last edited by rainbowstripe; 02-05-2012 at 10:07 PM.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote