Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 01:28 PM   #346  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/138

Height: 5ft 3

im in tom-ville as well and therefore stayed the same as last week.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:15 PM   #347  

S/C/G: 224/188/147

Down the 2lb that was up last week, hoping to break through the 180's this week... come onnnnnnnnnnnnn already
Old 09-08-2011, 04:58 PM   #348  
Diva with a tude

S/C/G: 166/149/125

Height: 5'6"

Back on track this week. Everyone is doing great so far!
Old 09-08-2011, 09:51 PM   #349  
Making myself fat-free.

S/C/G: 260/214.8/120

Height: 5'1"

Hey everyone! I have internet back again! Moved this past weekend so everything has been crazy. I had a slight gain from last week - weighing at 252.8 with a .4 gain. But considering it "was" a whole lb gain yesterday and I lost some of it by this morning, I'm okay with that. The move was crazy with not having internet, no stove to cook on for the whole weekend, and eating out every single meal. I will take not gaining a lot!

However, I have been insanely hungry today. I think I'm getting my TOM. I swear I wanted to eat like a horse. I kept it to a minimum and hope I'll be able to keep it in check.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:20 PM   #350  

S/C/G: pounds lost: 8.9 of 52.5

Baseline: 240
Week 1: 238.5
Week 2: 238.5

So, I'm not a happy camper! I have to vent a little. I feel like I really should have lost this week, and I'm trying not to get discouraged, but I did the math and I really don't see how I didn't. According to all the calculators I've used, I need to consume 2500 calories per day in order to maintain my current weight, and I have been eating 1400 calories a day (of healthy food!) If a pound is 3500 calories, than I could have lost two, even without exercise. I honestly would have been happy with a half pound, but nothing? When I'm just starting out? Some people lose ten pounds in their first couple of weeks. I feel like I really needed a jump start and I have the opposite to contend with.

Sorry guys, just needed to get that out. I was super frustrated about it all day.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:15 AM   #351  
Started Precon 6/29/11

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris in 6 View Post
Baseline: 240
Week 1: 238.5
Week 2: 238.5

So, I'm not a happy camper! I have to vent a little. I feel like I really should have lost this week, and I'm trying not to get discouraged, but I did the math and I really don't see how I didn't. According to all the calculators I've used, I need to consume 2500 calories per day in order to maintain my current weight, and I have been eating 1400 calories a day (of healthy food!) If a pound is 3500 calories, than I could have lost two, even without exercise. I honestly would have been happy with a half pound, but nothing? When I'm just starting out? Some people lose ten pounds in their first couple of weeks. I feel like I really needed a jump start and I have the opposite to contend with.

Sorry guys, just needed to get that out. I was super frustrated about it all day.
That would be pretty frustrating. Those calories to maintain calculators are just an estimate, and usually they run high. However, with 1400 calories, you definitely should have lost, especially if you're exercising.

Is it your TOM? Did you eat a salty food the day before WI that might be making you retain water? Are your muscles really sore from exercise? If they are, that will make you hold fluids, too. My guess is it's an environmental factor like that, and you should be back down next week. You didn't gain, so that's great. Hopefully you'll see a big loss next week. Don't let it get you down or discourage you, and don't let it cause you to stray off plan!
Old 09-09-2011, 06:37 AM   #352  

I weighed again today and I'm 144.2 lbs.. That's 1lbs lower than yesterday. And 3.7lbs loss from last week?!?!
I'm shocked and don't know if I should be worried or just super happy.. I did not seriusly exercise yet. My diet is clean.. But not that clean.. I'll see what the scale shows next week..
What do you think guys?

Last edited by khat; 09-09-2011 at 06:39 AM.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:02 AM   #353  

S/C/G: 233/200/145

Height: 5'6

@Khat I think that is awesome! keep up the good work. Your body is more than likely metabolizing things faster because you're eating cleaner. I also imagine that you're having regular movements because of your diet and your body is cleaning itself out. Do you also drink a lot of water?

@Paris That was me last week and the scale moved! The only reason the scale didn't move for me this week is because I cheated this weekend and my body is still trying to adjust. Plan and simple: if you are doing the work, you will see results...one way or another. Remember, sometimes it doesn't show up on the scale.

WHETHER YOU LOSSED A POUND, A HALF A POUND OR NO POUNDS, WE CAN STILL DO IT!!!
Old 09-09-2011, 10:16 AM   #354  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

~*Reference*~

Googledocs spreadsheet link ………………………… pg 1 post 1
Baseline Chart ……………………………..………….………… pg 11
Week 1 Chart ……………………………..………….………… pg 19

~*Quote of the Week*~

"I'm really careful about what I eat, and I work out a lot. It's not like this [body] is an accident. I'm sure, no matter what your genetics, everyone can be out of shape. And I don't want to be one of those actresses who says, 'yeah, I eat cheese burgers all the time.' "

"It's the 'Well-what-would-you-eat-if-you-were-being-photographed-in-a-bikini-tomorrow?' diet."

Anna Paquin (Self Magazine June 2010)

~*Biggest Loser*~

Ladybug2680

~*Honorable Mention*~

kay7jay & Khat

~*Dean's List*~

Ladybug2680
Kay7jay
Khat
Bandarina
Rated

~*5% Star*~

Serbrider

Last edited by Scarlett; 09-09-2011 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:44 AM   #355  

oh and WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

147.1 pounds lost

Last edited by Scarlett; 09-09-2011 at 10:44 AM.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:47 PM   #356  
Not Giving Up

S/C/G: 147/ticker/fit

Height: 5' 0.7"

Congratulations to everyone. Hopefully I can lose some pounds instead of gaining for next week's weigh in.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:47 PM   #357  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
oh and WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

147.1 pounds lost
Congrats EVERYONE! I just updated my weight. Sorry so late!

I basically didn't lose weight this week. But I am on target for my goal.

I set up my personal goals here:

Anyone wanna see?

Click here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

Talk soon everyone! Sorry been MIA...

I have been battling skin issues which casuses my rash to worsen with exercise. It's called:

PITYRIASIS ROSEA....

Anyone ever got it before? I just started my first tanning session yesterday. They say it "kills" it or makes it go away. It's looking better already! I did 12 min in the tanning bed. Beside my burnt but, it's looking good! Also, i'm eating extra virgin coconut oil and putting that on my skin.

Last edited by Beila; 09-09-2011 at 01:07 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:05 PM   #358  

Hey Belia, Hope your skin condition gets better. That sounds aweful.

I'm gearing up for my first 10k tommorow morning. It's apparently one of the most difficult courses in NJ b/c it's so hilly. I'm seriously going to die..... I can barely run 2 miles forget about 6.2. Hopefully it goes well. my running buddy said after running this race I will lose 4 pounds. That would be awesome, but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited by Scarlett; 09-09-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:53 PM   #359  
Never, never, never quit.

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Quote:
I'm gearing up for my first 10k tommorow morning.
Good luck with your 10k Scarlett! Let us know how it goes. I plan on running/walking a 10k sometime in November. I can just about barely manage to run(drag my feet on the ground) a 5k now. But I would love to call myself a runner one day.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:26 AM   #360  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Hey Belia, Hope your skin condition gets better. That sounds aweful.

I'm gearing up for my first 10k tommorow morning. It's apparently one of the most difficult courses in NJ b/c it's so hilly. I'm seriously going to die..... I can barely run 2 miles forget about 6.2. Hopefully it goes well. my running buddy said after running this race I will lose 4 pounds. That would be awesome, but I'm not holding my breath.
Good luck scarltett! Once you start, you WILL finish! Don't worry about the past or what you have done in the past or haven't done in the past...The present and future is always what you make of it.

I volunteered for the LA marathon medical team as a "hot walker" at the finish line. They said that 97 % of people that participate cross the finish line. That is a HUGE percentage given the course and distance. That small 3% of people are mostly due to injury or illness. What that means is that people don't give up or quit what they set out to do. And so will you! You will do fine!

Rooting for you! GO GO GO SCARLETT!!
Closed Thread