Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 05:34 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 170/168/120

Height: 5'5

sgregg - hope you feel better

aliquot - I actually just bought a Fitness magazine and I read something interesting. Majority of women who diet drop a lot of weight and think it's because they went over their peak. If that has happened to anyone they should look into it or even just pay attention..it could be diabetes.

P.S. Not trying to scare anyone! Just informing.

Last edited by Kruez2; 05-20-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:10 PM   #77  
Happily Married

S/C/G: 194/177/145

I got a free bag of mm pretzels off facebook and they were really yummy! I saw 177 on the scale this afternoon i hope its still there in the morning Still no ground hog in our trap he will not get in there lol probably waiting on the garden to come in so he can have his very own buffet
Old 05-20-2010, 06:31 PM   #78  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliquot View Post
I learned something new today. Another reason to not starve yourself and keep your cals above 1200: gallstones. Apparently "rapid" weight loss is associated with the formation of gallstones, especially in women. The studies looked at people who were on diets ranging from 500-800 cals a day. Interesting.
I think anorexics get gallstones a lot for this reason.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:38 PM   #79  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

UGH I JUST EDITED AND LOST HALF OF MY POST... so this is the short version. I can go into detail later.

"Luctor et Emergo" Latin for "I struggle but I emerge" (and might I add I'm ready for my collar bones to pop back out when I'm just standing there... )

"Tortura de mi alma" spanish for "torture of my soul"

Just below my neck - crescent moon and star (no I'm not Islamic, you'd be surprised how often I get asked)

Very first, least fav - tramp stamp

White rabbit from The Matrix - right wrist

V for Vendetta - left wrist

2 stars with star dust on my right foot... one of my very best friends and I have both of have this

An original drawing by Kurt Halsey entitled "This Song Means An Entire City To Me" on my left shoulder

So there ya have it ladies....

Last edited by Feral; 05-20-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:58 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Height: 5'6"

Feral - wow!! them are awesome!! I love "I struggle but I emerge"! What a great saying!

So Ladies! Week 1 out of 4 of my 4 week challenge was tonight. I was nervous as TOM is coming in about days...however I managed to lose 3 lbs and 7 inches!!!!!! 7 inches!! 1 completely off my waist! wow!

Now, Im gonna curl up and watch the 2 hour finale of Greys!

TGIF tomorrow ladies!! woop woop!
Old 05-20-2010, 09:10 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 170/168/120

Height: 5'5

Feral - nice ink!! I really like the last one, very unique. And the one across your chest is a new version of a "sexy tattoo" IMO, love it!

JennyG - 7 inches?! Wow gratz!!! That must be a huge change so far!

I'm secretly hoping that I drop down to 157 tomorrow, but we will see. My bf's mother bought me a piece of red velvet cake (which I love so much) so my cravings are going nuts. I've managed to stay away from it so far though...maybe she's testing me?!? LOL.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:20 PM   #82  
I will do this.

I wouldn't call today a total success but I did manage an hour of cardio, 45 minute dog walk and 3 hours of gardening..

But I ate the remainder of garlic pita chips I had. Probably around 350-400 calorie of them. So it's not a candy bar, or chinese and I burned that in my cardio session but humph.

I think feral hit it on the head yesterday and I ended up not eating enough yesterday or today.

I just don't know what to eat more of. More fruit and I am gonna turn into an apple, I am shoving more veggies down my throat than a vegan (no offense) and if I eat one more chicken breast I will cry and I eat raw nuts almost very day.

Do I cook in olive oil? Is there valuable calories in that? I know it's good for you, but I don't think it will fill me up...

I also stopped eating carbs at dinner (although I did today) no rice, buns, pasta...etc. Is that what I add back in? What if that's not when I am hungry?

I just don't get it.

I love long workouts and enjoy day hikes but I end up burning 800+ calories...I just don't know what to eat back to keep my body happy.

Jenny Congrats on the loss! That is soooo cool!! 7 inches? Wow

feral What beautiful art. So pretty!

sgregg Yay for scale moving! I hope you feel better.

dSamantha I want chocolate sweat! That is so cool! And congrats on 3 miles in 27 minutes. That is awesome!

Stella Chocolate + Strawberries + Me = Happy place
Old 05-20-2010, 09:44 PM   #83  
Brighter than the moon!

Yeah...I made angus steaks for dinner. They were amazing...but that puts me at like 1600 calories for the day. I marinated them in worchester sauce and put this garlic/mustard spice rub on them, and I made grilled zucchini and corn on the cob to go along with them. So yummy.

1600 is a really rough estimate... I estimated that cupcake was around 400 calories ~ fit day says a chocolate cupcake with icing is 175 calories (and I counted the one I had as 2 cupcakes because it makes sense to me - it wasn't big, but that doesn't seem like enough)...and it was a 6 oz steak (raw) so fit day gave me the calories for that...but I never know if any of this is accurate!! Does this drive anyone else insane sometimes?

I'm going to have a huge glass of water and hope for the best tomorrow.

Also, how ridiculous is it that I'm still hungry.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:03 PM   #84  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

My hike today was, if possible, even more awesome than last week! We hiked up to the Devil's Pool area and swam for almost an hour (omg water was COLD) and I had an awesome time - I FELT NORMAL IN A BIKINI!!! I didn't feel like everyone was looking at me and wondering why the pudgy girl was wearing a skimpy two piece, I just enjoyed myself and had a blast! Then we hiked some trails and rock climbed and explored more of the area. Such a good time! We already have the next one planned.

Also, I've had a nasty hankering for some zucchini bread lately. Anyone have some calorie-friendly ideas/recipes?

--------------------------------------------------

Samantha - The important thing is that you got back on track! We all have days like that.

Chocolate - I want a chocolate covered strawberry now :C There's a Godiva store in the Cherry Hill Mall...

Feral - Really gorgeous tats! And I just watched V for Vendetta for the first time the other day - LOVED IT OMG.

Jenny - Congrats, that's awesome!!

Stella - Holy crap that sounds delicious! And calorie counters drive me crazy when they don't have exactly what you're eating in there lol. I love it when Spark People does have what I'm eating and I get annoyed when I have to enter my food because it's not listed.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:35 AM   #85  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

Mary - Yay for feeling comfortable in a bikini! I'm sure you looked smokin'

Haley - Yeah, I'm behind on the whole wedding dress thing. But I really only want to do something cheap and off the rack, so it should be fine. Plus, if I'd have bought it a year ago, I probably would have had to get a new one in a different size

Feral - Awesome pics! I want to get a tattoo at some point, but I'm not sure what or where. I think I'll wait until I get at least that much figured out!

Stella - Love, love, love chocolate covered strawberries! The lab at work does some occasionally using our chocolate and those are the best days ever.

As for me, had a fantastic Mexican dinner tonight - definitely not on plan, but definitely good! I have a lot of stress in my life right now, so I'm not going to worry too much about the occasional off plan meal. It's just back on track with my sorry bum tomorrow
Old 05-21-2010, 06:29 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Feral ~ Love all the tattoos!!!! I really like the "I struggle but I emerge" one. Very cool!!!

Jenny ~ Congratulations!!! 7 inches in one week? That's amazing

Taylor ~ Could you add in some peanut butter or something along those lines? It's still kind of along the lines of the nuts, but a bit different so you don't feel like you're just eating more of the same?

Stella ~ Joining everyone else's love for chocolate covered strawberries! But really, chocolate covered anything is a good time! haha

Thank goodness it's Friday!!!! And it's the day in the rotation where I don't have my Algebra kids. Even better!!!! I have plans to go out with my college friends tonight too so I'm really excited about that! Always a good time
Old 05-21-2010, 06:56 AM   #87  
Brighter than the moon!

I know I say this at least once a week, but my bed is sooooo comfortable and I do not want to move...or weigh myself.

Mary- I'd rather enter the food myself, because then I know that's what I have, it's the generic items that make me worry.

I woke up at 445, but then I stretched my leg in a weird way and got a cramp, so no gym. I have no afterwork plans, so I think I'm going to go later, unless something interesting comes up Yay Friday.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:59 AM   #88  
Happily Married

S/C/G: 194/177/145

Morning ladies, I cant believe its already fri seems it was just last thus boy this week flew by
Feral - nice tats i love the one on your foot
jenny- Wow 7 inches awesome what kind of challenge are you doing?
Stella- Your dinner sounds so yummy!
Suppose to rain today not sure how much work i'll get done but i'm already tired to its ok. update still no ground hog grrr
Old 05-21-2010, 08:21 AM   #89  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Jenny - OMG! YAY! And CONGRATS! The scale and the inches are moving that's so awesome! And HOLY COW GREY'S WAS INTENSE LAST NIGHT!!!!!! Email me if you wanna talk about it, don't wanna spoil it for anyone who may have DVRed it.

Kruez - I think I would have to throw the cake in the trash, dear. Good Luck with resisting temptation!

Taylor - I'm not sure what to suggest. I always say add more veggies but it seems like even if you eat a ton you're still going to be relatively low in cals. I'll have to ponder on it for a minute. I'm sure someone will come up with some suggestions!

Stella - I don't even like steak but damn you made that sound good!

Mary - sounds like yesterday was a success! I'm jealous you were off playing while I'm stuck in the office of doom! And yes, I LOVE LOVE LOVE V for Vendetta. One of my all time fav movies. The tat isn't about Nov. 5th exactly because if you look up the history of the British holiday its actually pretty messed up. They're all glorifying the fact that Guy Fawks was found and killed, but it's just about beliving in yourself enough to know that ONE person really can make a difference and that the things you believe in are worth fighting for.

Smisen - Tats are such a personal thing. When you really fall in love with one and find the right artist its amazing. I'm not going to lie, a lot of mine have been spontaneous but I love them and they're all very close to my heart. I knew I wanted a chest piece but I didn't know WHAT I wanted to I made the appointment and knew something would come from somewhere. I was reading some stuff online and looking for various pics I thought I wanted to incorporate in a tat (I was originally thinking something along the lines of a sacred heart) and found the saying "Luctor et Emergo" on a Postsecret discussion. I immediately knew that was it! And yay for not beating yourself up for an occasional off plan meal.

Stella - I really need a new bed but my room is so tiny at home I'm not going to invest in one until I move back out... although I have thought about getting a really bomb *** pillow topper.

Chele - have a good night! I know that it's a rough last few weeks... blow off some steam!

Skinny - do the no rain dance and then after that do the "I caught the ground hog" dance! LOL

-------------
My knees are SO sore today. I did another 40 min on the arc trainer last night. I'm going to eventually work up to an hour. I think part of the reason my knees are so sore is that I go pretty fast. I don't put a ton of resistance on there, but I average 130 strides/minute.... which is generally me bouncing around to the beat of the music.

TOM still hasn't started yet. QUESTION FOR YOU GUYS ON BIRTH CONTROL have any of you had issues with skipping a period since you've lost weight or started exercising regularly? I mean, I've felt bloaty and like I usually do when I'm going to start. I could still start as I'm still on the sugar pills but usually by now I have. I was on antibiotics (Z-pack) when I got sick, but I just thought that affected the effectiveness of the BC and wouldn't affect your period itself. I'm just curious. I've never skipped a period while I've been ON BC. *shrugs* Maybe I should just be thankful and move along. LOL

I'm supposed to be leaving for the beach tonight. My friends I'm going to stay with had their cells turned off. I messaged Marah earlier in the week on FB and she said I should come down tonight.... haven't heard anything else back. I know she has to work tonight, but I don't really feel 100% about driving down there without having talked to her one more time. So I'm crossing my fingers that she messages me back. I'm not really sure what the **** is going on. I know there's been a lot of chaos recently due to her grandfather dying. Send some good JU JU my way ladies!

Okay, I'm off to eat my banana. My tummy is actually GROWLING!

HAPPY FRIDAY!
Old 05-21-2010, 09:15 AM   #90  
Samantha417

Shaun- feel better lady! there's been this mild cold going around here, hopefully it's just that and it'll go away soon!

Sam- I was one of those people that didn't know that you were supposed to NEVER go below 1200, so I had been doing only around 1000 calories ago. After stuffing my face by the end of the night because I was constantly hungry I went up to 1350..I've been happy ever since. But the gallstones thing is interesting. Thanks for that info!

Taylor: I'd say to fit in more protein or whole grains. You need something that will fill you. If I don't eat whole grains in a meal, I'm not happy.

Jenny: 7 inches!! that's awesome!!! congrats!

Stella: That is a legit dinner! If I wasn't working tonight I'd totally be making that!!

Feral: I've never skipped a period while on the pill unless I intentionally tried to so it would come later, but even with that it comes a week later than when it was supposed to. It's probably because of the weight loss. The first time I lost weight, I went from 180 to 140, and didn't have my period for 4 months. I know it was from the weight loss, but I was also 13 and had just started when I was 12. I'd call your doctor and check just to make sure. Oh, I'm sending plenty of luck your way girlie! I want you to have a great weekend!

WELL. After feeling bad because the scale read 144.4 yesterday, I stood on it today and it read 141.0!!!!!!!!!!!! 1 more lb and I'm back to an official 20 down and I will have lost all that I gained from bar crawl and finals week! I'm so happy! My butt kicking work out worked! AND TOM comes on Sunday, so I'm sure there's going to be some pretty numbers on that scale by the end of next week!

I'm planning on running outside and then going to the gym again today. My arms are so sore today from doing weight training yesterday. It'll be all legs today! After months of doing abs, I was never sore from my ab workouts, so I changed them for one day, and they were sore as anything! Guess I gotta switch it up!

I went to Greg's house yesterday, and his mom had some of that bagged breaded chicken, french fries, and a little salad on the table for dinner. I just looked at Greg with this look of "did you even tell her I was coming?!?". I felt bad, but his mom ran over to the trash and brought out the bag that the chicken was in so I could see the calories. She did that on her own, which I appreciated. One chicken was 150 calories, so I just cut it up and literally took the whole salad that she made because no one was eating it. So I made a bad dinner good, and his mom said that she should have just done that for dinner too! Then Greg and I took a whole 40 minute walk to Ritas water ice, and I got an a gelati (orange water ice, chocolate custard) oh it was so good!
Greg's also banned from future dishwashing duty because he started the dishwasher and soap was overflowing out of the machine! Apparently he didn't know that the soap was concentrated.

Alright, that's it for now. Have a great day ladies!

Closed Thread