20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Old 12-11-2011, 02:14 PM   #91  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Heath, having a crappy sports bra became my "excuse" not to exercise. Glad that hasn't affected you , but now that I have a decent bra, I find myself wanting to get out and walk, it's fantastic! I'm glad you are back! But the school and gym part is far more important than getting on the web , so I bet the team understands.

Congrats, Kristi! That awesome!

Guess what I did today? I took two hours and five minutes to walk the 6.1 miles between my parents' house and mine! I got rained on twice, had to keep an eye out for traffic at a few spots, and developed a blister on my right foot near the last bit, but other than that it was a great view and cool and pleasant out. I could've kept going if not for that damn blister, lol, it's either I need different socks or the shoes need to be replaced. I'm counting it as part of my C25k (w1d3)

I hope everyone had a great week and is ready to start again
Post an update if you can, it's always great to hear from you all!
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:22 PM   #92  

Sorry I was MIA for awhile. I was dreadfully sick for a few days and completely forgot about 3FC. I weighed myself this morning and I'll post it anyway so next week my weight loss can be accurately calculated

How is everyone here?
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:15 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 211.4/207.6/150

Height: 5'7.5''

Finally got to do W2D3 tonight! Our hours at work changed for the holiday and I've been busy, but I finally did it I think I'm finally learning how to breathe when I run, and its making it a lot easier. I just can't wait to get my own treadmill next year so I can work out at home! As far as eating I hadn't been doing too well the last few days, but I'm trying to get that back on track. I ended up buying the coat I talked about before. Its a MEDIUM and its hanging on my coat rack for 'inspiration'. I'm just praying I'll fit it by March
Mommywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:46 PM   #94  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey team. Sorry I've been kind of MIA the past few days, I've been swamped with deadlines and it's the end of the year so people have all sorts of reports and papers and proposals for next year that they all want done before next week and Christmas so it's been a little crazy. My diet has been... well the less said about that, the better. It's not been BAD, it's just not been GOOD, y'kno? (I want to be at 1400-1500 but am more at 1800 <shakes head>) Exercise-wise I've slacked a little but I had an awesome workout yesterday and feel motivated to make today AS awesome so fingers crossed).

HELP!
Okay so every spare moment I've had has been spent obsessing over not having yet done my Christmas shopping (I'm usually one of the annoying people done by October) and having no idea what to get my dad especially! (My mom and brother, I think I know what I'm doing). Any ideas for my dad???? A little about him:
-He doesn't play any sports (so no sports equipment, I did sneakers last year)
- He doesn't drink much (so no wine or liquor)
- He isn't really crafty or into any hobbies (so no tools, besides my mom already tried this)
- He isn't particularly into reading (other than sometimes economics or business type books)
- He likes technology (but I already got him a smartphone for his birthday this year)
- He's a financial executive (my mom's already taken clothes and luggage)

I'm really stuck and I'm throwing myself on the mercy of any of you who are creative gift givers. (My family has loose "no-gift-cards-for-christmas-and-birthdays rule... i know, i know!)

Anyway that's what's been up with me. chloekinsicle I'm sorry you were under the weather. I hope you're 100% soon. zan Yay about the new bra! But boo about the blister. It was a pretty long walk though, in fairness! Wow!!! MWB: Yay on finally getting to finish W2 even with the hectic work schedule AND on the great loss at the weekend.

I hope everyone is having a great week! Here's to a good weigh in on Saturday!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:22 AM   #95  
From Lazy to Light!

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

I've been having the worst mindset this week. I haven't tracked my food at all or exercised once. Well I did track my food a bit at the beginning of the week but then around midday I would say screw it. I think it was because Monday morning I woke up early for my math final only to have migraine. I ate a decent, well-rounded breakfast to trying to get as much energy as possible for my exam. By the afternoon I was so out of it that I just ate whatever. Tuesday I woke up in a similar fashion but since I'm now done with school I pretty much just lounged around the house all day. Tuesday evening I decided that I would get back on track on Wednesday. Needless to say it's Friday night and I've been eating whatever "sounds good" and not really enjoying much. So tomorrow I will get back on track. Actually tonight, but I guess it would count as tomorrow since I'm done eating for the day.

Anyways, this is how I've always stopped dieting or even healthy eating. I get into a mood where its just easier and more comfortable to eat whatever is laying around and to not give a crap about what I look like or how I feel. But I still have goals I want to reach so I need to not settle for less than what I want.

toastedsmoke- Dads can be impossible to shop for sometimes!! I don't know what your price range looks like but what about a "charging station" for phones/gps/mp3 players. They have the pads that you can just lay your electronic device down onto it and it starts charging. They also have ones that you can use to organize your desk as well.

Desk Organizer/Charging Station

And if he travels a lot internationally this may help too (though he probably already has one if he does travel regularly).

All-In-One Travel Adapter
LovelyLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:39 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 206.8/ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

Hey all!
I feel terrible, I have been nothing more than a lurker on this thread for the past few weeks. I've been sticking to eating healthy and exercising (actually happy with this week's weigh in!) but I haven't had time to post on here. Well, I haven't had time to post any personals, so I've just avoided posting.

Things have been super crazy around here - I'm teaching an undergrad course (for the first time), and I just gave my final last week. So between grading final papers, making and grading the final, and all the associated craziness, I've been pretty swamped. I hope that starting the end of this week, things will be a little calmer! As it is, I'm relaxing after an amazingly productive day with my feet up and a glass of wine. A bit sad that my boyfriend is staying at his mom's tonight (he has a dentist appointment at 7:30am, and his dentist is right near her place, which is 1.5hrs from here...). I could definitely use some relaxing snuggles tonight!

In fitness news, I had a huge (for me!) NSV today - ran a mile in 10min35 seconds! Before I did C25K I wouldn't have been able to run 1/10 of a mile - so that was HUGE! I would have gone longer, but I just hopped on the treadmill to kill a bit of time before my spin class began.

I signed up for the Krispy Kreme Challenge today, too - I don't know how that's going to go, but I'm going to do my best! It's a 5mi run (not 5k - 5mile!) - you run 2.5, eat 12 donuts, and run the last 2.5. A group of us are doing it together, but none of us are eating the donuts - just grabbing the box and running. I haven't run more than 3.1 before, so I don't know that I'll be able to do 5mi - but I have until February 4th to train. I'm looking forward to it!

I hope all is going well with everyone! I'll try to be a bit more active, now that things have "calmed down." Well, at least as calm as things get for a graduate student...
MidnightRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:35 PM   #97  

Hey gals. Sorry I've been MIA for a few days. Work as been NUTS! Everyone wants their pups to look great for Christmas. I weighed in on Saturday but havn't had the time to update until now. I gained .2lbs and I'm DEF not sweating that lol. Just glad it wasn't more.

This week I am re doing W2 of C25K. I havn't been to they gym in awhile so I don't think I'm ready for W3 yet lol.

Christmas is coming and its coming fast.. that means dinner with the bf's family on Christmas Eve and dinner with my family on Christmas Day.. FOOD FOOD FOOD! But I WILL be good!
Old 12-20-2011, 02:04 AM   #98  

So I re-ran W2D1 today. Its still a bit rough but its getting better. I will say that I am looking forward to buying my own treadmill next year after my bf and I move in together.
I am really proud of myself food wise today. My mom took my sisters and I to lunch at red robin today and the french fries were soooo tempting! But I resisted! I didn't even have one! Only 73 more days until my big trip! I'm aiming to lose at least 20lbs.. hope I can do it!
Old 12-23-2011, 01:32 AM   #99  

Turns out I had the flu. I was super sick for a couple of weeks and didn't work out. Pretty sure I gained some weight as well. Don't know how well I'll be doing in this challenge though
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote