View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 04:12 PM   #2
alinnell

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Who doesn't love talking about themselves?!?!?

This is the second time in my adult life that I've lost weight. The first time occurred when I became pregnant with baby #2 and discovered in my "what to expect when you're expecting" book a sheet of paper from just before pregnancy #1. On that sheet were all of my measurements and goals. I had started a diet and 2 weeks later discovered I was pregnant, so I folded the paper and stuck it in the book. 4 years later and pregnant with #2 and I thought to myself, "wow, I wasn't happy 4 years ago and wanted to change, where am I now?" I looked over all the measurements, and guess what? I was exactly where I had been 4 years earlier. At that moment I made myself resolve to lose weight after baby #2 was born. I had almost a year to prepare myself.

Fast forward...baby #2 is 6 months old and weaned. I can now go on said diet. I did it with a lot of healthy eating and exercise. I went from pregnant weight of 199 down to post pregnant weight of around 165-170 when I started and then went down to 128 in about 6 or 8 months (this was over 11 years ago and my memory is failing!).

I kept my weight between 128-135 for about 2 years. Then I got complacent. I stopped exercising regularly. I rationalized everything "women are supposed to have a little belly fat"....."it's okay to have seconds if I'm still hungry." You get the idea. Suddenly I was at 155. Still 10 pounds less than I was when I got pregnant the first time, so I wasn't too upset.

Then my job got extra stressful and the next thing I knew, my size 8 REALLY didn't fit and size 12 was getting too tight. Time to get back to work!

I started a little over a year ago and did basically the same thing I had done on the previous weight loss journey. I lowered my fat and calories. My doctor said to cut out "white" food, so I did. I exercised more. I've lost 30 pounds with 10 to go. (Actually a lot of you know that I was down to 135.5 on Thanksgiving day, but had some complacency issues during the holidays and packed on 8 pounds which are refusing to budge!)

So, I'm 43, married, 2 kids and this is my second and LAST time I will lose weight! I lurk around the maintainers section here at 3FC to glean some ideas for when I make my goal. I will not, WILL NOT, allow myself to ever get above 140 again (once I get under it!!!LOL).

(`'•.¸(`'•.¸ ¸.•'´) ¸.•'´)
``•Allison•``
(¸.•'´(¸.•'´ `'•.¸)`' •.¸)

“A Year from Now You May Wish You Had Started Today”~Karen Lamb
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote