View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 11:44 AM   #19
nelie
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/202/182

Height: 5'6"

Last night at the gym, there was a personal trainer who was doing upright rows with one of his clients. I think he even did two different types with her because I noticed it when I got on a machine, then when I got off the machine, he was showing her what looked like another version where her hands were at a 45 degree angle.

Abductor/Adductor machines I love At one point I was able to max out the weight on both. I am going to try to do some other inner/outer thigh workouts though. My inner thighs were recently sore for 3 days due to hiking/bouldering/what not. I was surprised but basically figured out that it was probably due to me trying to balance and hug the rocks/boulders with my feet.

As for cardio, I couldn't imagine doing an intense workout for more than an hour. I know endurance athletes have a high percentage of body fat but I always thought it was because too much muscle was a waste and they really needed fat to "go the distance" but I wasn't aware that it was because after an hour they are actually burning their muscle for fuel. For me, I do long hikes but it is really only intense for short bursts and I take breaks.