View Single Post
Old 02-17-2006, 11:48 PM   #161
shawnamadonna1013

S/C/G: 140/126/115

Height: 5'3

Default Hi, Another Newbie

Hi everyone. I've been dieting since January 7 but I've only just recently found this forum. It seems really supportive and comprehensive, and I'm excited to become a part of it. Shawna

Screen Name:shawnamadonna1013

Age/Age Range:24

Family Life:I live away from my family but I'm very close with all of them. My little brother and my nephews are my babies.

Hobbies and Interests: rollerblading, scrapbooking, traveling, reading, playing with my nephews, movies, dancing

Favorite Music:anything but gospel

Favorite Color(s): purple, light blue, pale yellow

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:elliptical, step aerobics, latin dance, swing dance - esp the charleston

What are your fitness/health goals? to be happy with my weight for once in my life and to feel comfortable in shorts and a bathingsuit

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I didnt really have a trigger. I just decided I was tired of feeling fat. Plus, there's a guy I'm interested in but I just dont have the confidence to go for him now. What really maintains my willpower? I'm not sure. I'm in a wedding in May and that may be a part of it. The bride is my most beautiful friend and I dont want to be the fat bridesmaid. Also, her three older sisters are coming and they were all professional models (One dated Richard Gere). So yeah, a little intimidating.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? junk food, especially ice cream. I also get discouraged at how slow it takes.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to eat more salad and less bread. I need to drink less soft drinks. I need to get more sleep.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : myself as i am now

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a beautiful bikini. short shorts.

"Make impossible your favorite word. Welcome the challenge. Because when you bring your heart and your mind to your intention, thereís nothing that you canít accomplish."

Last edited by shawnamadonna1013 : 02-18-2006 at 02:25 AM.