Old 04-14-2018, 11:04 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Diane Ooooh, looks like you are headed out of a decade! What a great feeling!

Lemon I just can't get over ALL THAT SNOW. It must be so beautiful where you live and amazing seasons, but by mid-April, I'd be itching to see the last of it! As for the gym, I went for the tour and signed up. They told me that the prime time is mornings when the (probably skinny and snotty) moms come in, and I never like to exercise in the morning, so I'm hoping it will be fine.

Vagabond Welcome! And don't be hard on yourself. If it were so easy to just set your mind on it and do it we would have all done it long ago. What's important is that you are doing it now! This is a very supportive group!

Azzi Woot! Woot! on the good weigh in. You made me smile with the "feeling heavy in my head" comment. I'm so like that! I think I can predict based on how I "feel" whether I'm going to have a good weigh-in or not, LOL.

LilionI hope you are having a good weekend and it's making up for the bad week!

So, I did it. After thinking it over for several years I finally joined the gym. I'm really looking forward to lap swimming! I've always found that it's a great way for me to enjoy myself, feel terrific, and get into shape without too much pain! I did take a peek at the spinning room and am a bit intrigued after hearing Diane talk about it so much, but usually I'm a very solitary exerciser, so I will probably just stick with the pool for now.

I was pretty ecstatic to see 240.0 this morning, meaning I'm sure to see the 230s before long! So, I'm down 57 lbs since Jan of 2017! I'm finally leaving my "yo-yo zone" in the rearview mirror as I've never been in the 230s since the birth of my second child (she's 23 now!) except on my way down back in 2009. And I have to say that now I'm really starting to notice a ton of NSVs all of a sudden! Took my dog for a walk today-- we have a big hill at the end of our street that has always been a deterrent to me feeling like walking around my neighborhood, but today, I really didn't even notice the hill! Went to a local restaurant where the booth was so small that my belly pressed against the table, and tonight there was TONS of room, like I couldn't imagine that my stomach would have ever touched the table, much less pressed against it! It's really crazy because I know in my head that I'm still a big lady at 240, but to me it already feels like a huge difference!

Hope everyone is having a terrific weekend!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:27 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

No w/i
33oz water
No walk but does helping clean a child’s room count

Hello all from blizzard haven. It’s what, two weeks until May? And there is about 12” of snow out there with a full day of snow today?! UGH! I should be looking at my tulips and daffodils instead. It’s bad enough out there that even church is closed today. Churches don’t close for us - EVER!

I’m a tad frustrated. I got hit w a strong food craving yesterday. Hot dogs. What the heck?! So DH scrapped my soup idea because hot dogs sounded better to him and trekked our in the snow to get them. The good news was I didn’t snack on everything yesterday prior to the dogs. Isn’t it weird when the mind gets something to focus on it works hard on that? I haven’t had one of those in months!

Azzi: yeah for a scale that’s moving! It’s always a nice feeling to see when the number gets smaller. Do you have a family? Do you have hobbies? I tend to ask because if I micro focus on just diet it drives myself bonkers and it’s nice to find out a bit more on the other posters about who you are and I treat this as a coffee meetup with friends.

Uber: yeah for fantastic NSVs!!!!! for you! Just remember that’s what my hair looks like in the morning as I post! Haha. Yeah for pool membership. I’d love to if we lived in same area I’d challenge you to go with. And I wouldn’t give Sideeye. When I lapped swim there was an older lady every morning who’d bring in her milk jugs to do water aerobics in her lane at the end. She’d always have on her floral swim cap and her swim skirt. I’d like to do that when I was older.

Windy: how are you doing? It looks like a scale move for you was fantastic too. What are some of your hobbies?

Toasted: when do you leave? Will you be searching out markets in Bali or lounging by the beach when not at your conference? And a cruise? Is that one with family again? I know you aren’t happy with the body right now- but are you looking for some new travel pieces?

Lil: I hope you and DH are having a fantastic weekend! And have you any new crock pot ideas? I made a risotto in my Faux instapot the other night. I kept the chicken out and made that in the oven as I wanted it to not be shrunk to all get out. It was good even if it was rice based.

Diane: how was your hike? How many miles did you go? I’m on the quest to find a new stylist. My hair is atrocious. I think I have found a new salon to try and see if maybe someone has experience with wavy hair - I’m tired of mediocre timid cuts. Are you trying a new style yet to go with the silver?

Jen: did you abscound with DH and take some time for the two of you? How’s your sadness going? I have a feeling a lot of it lost-worry let down and all the adrenaline you were going on has settled and the body needs to repair. I do hope all is well. How is the kitchen going? Mine was designed by a single dude who made frozen pizzas. It is the dumbest design ever. Not enough workable counter space nor outlets. I do a lot of prepping on the dumb glass top stove. That’s how bad it is. On one wall it’s fridge, 16” counter, stove 14” counter. Yep that’s a lot! And then the island was never wired for outlets and it’s not useable often either because sadly we treat it as a dumping ground for dishes to be put away or people not putting any away. Ugh in my dream kitchen I’d have space and outlets and a nice view . . .

Laurie: how are you doing?

Sakai: what god of fruit trees are you eyeing up? I have some blueberry bushes hat I really need to hit with miracid but forget to yearly so they’ve not been too productive or grown large.

Hello all! I apologize if I have forgotten anyone and hello to anyone new!

Am: so yes - lots of snow, sick kids, messy house, feeling fat due to hot dogs, a scale that will probably never move - it’s a good day as I am avoiding said scale and I’m just going to wear my yoga pants and feel comfortable. Hah. Take that universe.

And I just looked out the window - it’s still falling! I best get dressed and go talk to my geraniums and see if it gives me the dose of spring I so need.

Today besides the cleaning w the child I hope to sew some. Yes I know I’ve been saying that for days but I’m getting in that crunch window that says get it done.

Alright I have babbled in long enough. May you all have a wonderful day. I’ll be the one dressed as a snowman! Added to say I went out today just in town and it looks like what it was - in December! Will someone send me their spring weather and warm up?

Last edited by lemonthyme; 04-15-2018 at 02:27 PM.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 10:30 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

LemonSeriously? 12 inches of snow? You have gotta be kidding! I would be losing my mind right about now! As for craving hot dogs. Yum! Funny enough, I've totally been known to crave hot dogs every now and then even though normally it's not something eat a lot of. But salty, so probably good to skip the weigh in!

Just checking in for a few minutes to pass some time. Had a nice day today. Had a bunch of multi-color carrots. For dinner, I chopped them up, and boiled with salt, cayenne pepper, curry powder and olive oil. Turned out so delicious! When I was a kid I despised cooked carrots, but now I love them. Had to take my kid shopping for new clothes and new shoes today-- he's 13 and just busting through sizes. Am going to have to finish that stupid essay I've been procrastinating about by the end of tomorrow, so I better not check in again until I'm done. Scale still 240 this morning. I bet I'll sit here for a good long while... it's always like that when you are trying to get out of a decade.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:27 AM   #64  

No weigh in 33 oz water and no walk

Uber: well I think by now we have about 14” and frankly I was so over snow in January that this can just go. I was looking ahead at the weather and by middle of next week it will be high 60s. You tell me how this one works? Hah.

Yeah for getting the gym and finding out when all the sideeye girls are gone. I have a sibling like that. And sadly they use it with all of us siblings we all have different outside packages from their trim to heavy heavy. In my minds eye as long as you are moving and trying - you’re doing good. Enjoy that pool access I’d sure be happy to have access.

Morning all!

AM: I’m sure my hotdog eating and having made cookies my weight went up. Oh the weekends are the death of my diet. Let’s just say I feel this abacus has slid on up. And in theory the old TOM should be showing up here at some point. Maybe that’s part of my issue too.

With the snow I didn’t get to the grocery so what’s left is not stupendous. I think I’ll get my soup on today and maybe just do eggs the rest of the day. I am currently trying to get my fast in - again it can be hard especially when my kids are home and they want to know why I’m not eating.

So I’m alive, my world is white and cold and ugly the robins and other birds who just got back are looking like frozen chickens in my trees with white snow “fur” coats on. I had a mourning dove sitting on my porch cooing at me furiously the other day like open your door you old lady and let me in to warm my tail feathers. Ok speaking of tail feathers I’d better shake mine and get the day moving. I’ll stop in later to say hello again.

Does shoveling count as exercise? I went out to shovel my deck off, it ended up only being 1/2 of it because 14” heavy snow is not easy to lift w a bum shoulder. I thought I needed to get the weight off. Our roof is snow and encased ice - and trees are just loaded with birds without nests. Big fat robins and all. I’m not a bird feeder but I ran around looking for dry product that would work and got that out there for them so they can have something until the grass is visible again. So back to my shoveling - wonder what that goes under? Yardwork?

Last edited by lemonthyme; 04-16-2018 at 09:47 AM.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:40 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 242/218.6/180

Happy Monday all!!

Azzi - YAY for a good weigh in. I've had those days where I've felt heavy, too, and love when the scale contradicts my feeling!

Lemon - I don't think I've ever had kohlrabi but I have had apples on my salad and enjoy that. Apples and pecans are a good mix for a salad! Sorry about all the snow. I'm in central Texas and we do not get much snow. We had a freak snowstorm in December and I thought I was in the Twilight Zone. It was beautiful. For the haircut, I have a stylist at a local JC Penney and an "express cut" is $35 and a cut with a blowdry and style is $50 but if I want my hair cut and colored it is usually around $120. It is funny you mentioned hot dogs, I was craving one last week and had some with homemade chili. I just don't eat the bun. It was delish!

Diane - I'm excited to hear about your scale still moving in the right direction. That feels great!

Uber - I hope you enjoy your gym membership. I've kicked around joining one for a long time but recently one of my neighbors sold a nice Nordic Track treadmill, a weight bench, and some Bowflex select a weight dumbells all for $200. Basically I just built a gym at home...but I'd love to have the pool and I'd really love a sauna. I can totally relate to sitting in booths at restaurants - when I lost my weight at first that was a big eye-opening thing when the booth table didn't touch me. Great job!!

Vagabond - welcome to this group. I used to have those same self-talk feelings so I can completely relate. We are enough. We deserve to be healthy and at a weight that makes us feel good about ourselves. You can do it! We can all do it! We just have to get out of our heads and get out of our own way.

Toasted, Lil, Jen, Sakai - I hope you are all doing good!

As for me, things are good. I did great at the wedding this weekend. They served fajitas and salad so I just got some meat, veggies, and a salad and passed up the rice, beans, and tortillas. I also didn't eat any cake - that was the tough part! My scale was up a little this morning but I made some stir fry last night and the soy sauce has me retaining some water. It will be back off tomorrow.

My DH has been sick this weekend with some sinus congestion, coughing, and sneezing so I've felt like I was nursing a two year old back to health. I think he has a cold but you'd think he was on his last breath. So dramatic! When my 14 yr old isn't well, you'd never know it, but my husband? Yikes! So helpless!

Lemon, you asked about my hobbies - I love, love, love to read books. I like trial mysteries, fantasy, sci-fi, some romance, pretty much all mysteries and fiction. I also like self-help books and cookbooks! I have a big collection of cookbooks. My favorites are the ones that churches and groups do for fundraisers. They usually have such great old family recipes. My 14 year old also loves to read so we are always in the middle of a book. I also am pretty creative and artsy so I doodle, paint, scrapbook, make cards, and enjoy making all things crafty. I have a couple of side businesses that keep me a little busy but I do get crafty whenever I can. I also work full-time at the Austin School District which really cuts into my play time LOL but I like electricity and toilet paper so I'll keep working for the paycheck.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone this week. I'm hoping we are all going to have great weeks and take some time to take care of ourselves!

Last edited by windyleal; 04-16-2018 at 10:42 AM.
windyleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:22 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Rough weekend for me ladies. Food wise not good at all, with hubbies family here there was a lot of bringing food in and going out. We usually do not go out what so ever!!!! That lead to extra cravings of gummy bears, ice cream, and home made cookies! I am not kicking myself for the first time. I am getting myself back up and starting again. My stomach is paying for it today. With whatever is going on with my tummy issues it does not like these kinds of foods. I wasn't able to get to my renovations I wanted to, but the house is clean! So I will make a plan to start on those.

I have a feeling this month may be a wash weight wise, but on a positive note I have not gained!

Lemon: You sound like you had the same hard time with food as me! Now my stomach is surely paying for it, but I am back on track. The sadness was not present this weekend, I think because I had so many people around me and we got out and went places. I think once I get to my renovations that my spirits will stay lifted, it will give me something to do and give me something to make beautiful! The kitchen is on hold for 5-6 weeks until the cabinet and countertop people come and do their thing. I will paint where I need to in there before they come. I am currently starting on our front room. I will take before and after pics, but for some reason it never lets me post pics on here!!!!

Uber: You are so awesome! 240 that is amazing you will be in the 230s before you know it!!!! What is your goal weight. Mine has been 160 but I don't know what my body is going to look like now at that weight. I have a sturdy frame with lots of muscle. I haven't been that low in SO long over 10 years. I know I want to be a size 8 as I was my most comfortable then.

Diane: You had a great weight in too! I am so happy for you, you deserve this with all of your perseverance!!!! I am so excited for you!!!!

Azzi: Welcome to the group, the ladies here are AMAZING!!!

Vegabond: Welcome!!! This is a great group.

Windy: I am so intrigued that you painted your own cabinets! Our cabinets are made of cheap material so I knew that just painting them would not work. I got quotes for refacing and replacing entire cabinets and new cabinets were 30,000-40,000! We have a pretty big kitchen so I was excited that someone could come in and reface them for under 10,000! But I researched a lot about painting them and that is a lot of work!!!!!!! Did you do backsplash too? If so, what kind?

Lil: I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Toasted: Hope you are doing well!!!!

Sakai: Hope you are doing well too!

Laurie: Thinking of you!!!!

This thread got extremely active, it is so nice!!!!

Have a great Monday!
jenjenangel027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:55 PM   #67  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Uber: Congrats on the new gym membership! I'll bet that you will love that pool! I've never been a great swimmer, but my daughter loves lap swimming. I think it is a great exercise, that's for sure. You'll probably pass right through the 230's!!

Lemon: Well, that's just wrong to have that much snow. Ugh!! We're getting the wind, but no snow. That's just crazy. Oh, and good luck with the new hair stylist. I think it is a good thing, to try someone new. I haven't done much with style yet. I'm really just trying to survive the color change. It isn't awful, but there is some damage to my hair. I'm not really adventurous with cuts, so I'm just getting trimmed up to get the damaged stuff off.

Windy: I'm into reading, too. I love a good detective novel or mysteries. Glad you survived the weekend with a sick man. Ha! Never a good thing! Hope he's feeling better.

Jenni: Good for you for not kicking yourself today. Sometimes these food weekends happen. Just getting back on track is all you need to do! I honestly think you deserve some credit for surviving all of this! If an off track weekend happens, well, so be it!!

As for me, we had some awesome weather this weekend, so I was able to go on a hike with my daughter. I was also trying to do some yard work, so I told her we would just do this one loop that I had hiked before. I didn't remember it being that long! Took way more time than I intended, but it was a good hike, just under 3 miles. I was feeling pretty tired and stiff last night, so I was concerned that I might have an increase in weight today, from Saturday's low. And, I did. I had an overall decrease last week, but it wasn't very much at all. But, the hike was worth it. I'm going to see if I have a drop over the next few days before I get too frustrated. I went to spin today, but tomorrow is a rest day for me. I need it!!

For food, I was ok on Saturday, and not quite as good on Sunday. It wasn't awful, just a little heavy on dinner. I'll try to be better this week, even with my daughter's birthday coming up on Wednesday.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:05 PM   #68  

Jen: with all the rush with family and the sort have you stopped to check and see if you might be expecting? just a thought with all the commotion going on at your house. Oh the cookies - yep those ALWAYS trip me up. Always. It sounds like you have had good visits with family and all - is DH getting stronger in his rehab? Does he have to go do cardio at the clinic and work w PT? Those charges are always so huge and ridiculous as you begin to see the bills as they divide out the time you work w them.

For your photos - the size is probably too big. Try resizing your photos before posting. You should be able to select the size but I seem to recall this site is mighty tight on server space for photos.

Windy: good for you on finding right things you could eat at a wedding. And your good avoiding cake - you never know - sometimes wedding cakes can be hit or miss. It sounds like you keep a busy house going. Good for you! So is Austin as quirky as it’s portrayed? It strikes me as an arty progressive town that people still wear their boots. I’d have to believe you have lots of food places as well - wasn’t top chef their one season?

Diane: we were cross posting! Yeah for a good hike! Send me good weather so tired of the snow! Haircuts - find something that you haven’t done in a long time! I’m half tempted to get mine pixied but still not 100% there it’s either that or a cleaned up lob with bangs but I may tire of those quickly and then I have to grow them back out. And that can be a chore!

Hello all!

AM: so I took pity on the birds. With all the snow these are the robins and like minded who just migrated home. Nests are scarce and food moreso. So I put out some trays of oatmeal and grapes and old cereal to help them out. I’d be like waif-ish if I had to sit on a branch covered in snow shivering until the melt begins and I could go find dirt again. I just read that WED we are to get another 5-8” and next week we’ll be in the 60s. I’m guessing we’ll be going winter to summer and no spring! I’m not gung ho for the immediate warm up - with that usually are the potential for tornados. Ick.

I’m kind of struggling today with thoughts and my journey and why I don’t like to micromanage my diet. If I do I do better but weighing and measuring and the like gets old. I’m currently grumbling in my head about such.

I should go out and shovel more off the deck less with the weight it collapses. I mean it’s not my favorite space (too small like my kitchen) designer by previous owners who kind of did it on the cheap. But I should baby what is out there because that snow is heavy.

I wish my dieting journey was easy and I knew how to just keep going well. Maybe it’s winter being so long, or stress in general or just tired of it all. Today is a grumbly hard day when I think about it. Ugh. Ok off to shovel and plant water. Maybe my weight will fall off!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 04-16-2018 at 02:09 PM.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:28 AM   #69  

I didn’t bother with anything this morn but I did get my water in yesterday.

I’m kind of crabby (I think). I’m tired and I’m just blah in mindsets with the diet. I’m not focused and I’m stuck. And with that comes a sour outlook today. I’ll keep this short so y’all don’t need this in your day.

Good luck with your melting! I’ll be quiet now.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:59 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 242/218.6/180

Lemon - I feel you on the crabby thing. I felt super grumpy yesterday and hope that today is better! Maybe the snow is getting you down. It was sweet of you to put out food for the birds though! Such a thoughtful thing to do. What is going on with your shoulder? Shoulder and arm pain is no fun!! I can relate with the diet micromanaging - I am hard on myself sometimes and I question things. I used to keep a journal about feelings stuff and might need to do that again. You asked about Austin - YES, it is very quirky. There are the people that still love boots and jeans, and there are very hipster people, and there are TONS of homeless people, and there are even those people that ride their bikes naked through the park. There is one OLD, old man that is frequently seen riding his bike near my office in his flesh colored thong. So bizarre but definitely entertaining! There is never a shortage of weirdness in this city but I love it. We've lived here 11 years now and I can't imagine being anywhere else. There is also so much good food. So much food. Yes, there was a top chef winner that is here. I've not eaten at his popular food truck but I'm sure it is awesome!

Jen - I'll see if I can figure out how to put a picture in a message and show you my kitchen progress. I love it! I did not do a backsplash yet. I'm thinking about one of those peel and stick types that they have at Home Depot. My friend used one and it looks fantastic! Glad you have a clean house. I need to work on mine this week. We have friends coming over on Saturday night so I want it to look good.

I hope everyone else is good! I just dropped off my son and his class is going on a field trip to the McDonald Observatory for the next three days. It is about a 7 hour drive from Austin so he'll had plenty of time to nap on the charter bus and it looks like the weather will be perfect and clear for seeing the stars and hiking. They are staying at a ranch so there should be lots of things to explore. I hope he sends me some pictures!

I've eaten a lot of sodium in the past few days and have not lost any more weight but I'm going to do better today. I made some shrimp last night that was so good! I sauteed some spinach and garlic in butter and then added some heavy cream and a little milk and made a cream sauce. I seasoned the shrimp with blackened seasoning (it is salty and spicy!) and then cooked it in the simmering sauce and added a big handful of parmesan cheese. Oh my goodness, it was delicious! It was one of those meals where I wish I was eating bread because that sauce would have been amazing on some crusty french bread.

Looking forward to hearing from you all! My mantra for today is:
I eat only what I need.
I choose to eat low carb foods.
I choose to stay on track.

We can do this!
windyleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 01:07 PM   #71  
Diane

Lemon: Sorry you're having a grumbly sort of day. It does get tiring to have to work so hard to lose weight. I'm with you on that. I would bet that if your weather would improve, your mood would be better too!!

Windy: Yum! The shrimp dinner sounds very good. Oh and your story about the old man in the thong reminded me of a guy that used to live here. He wasn't old, maybe in his 40's or so, but he would walk around with just a speedo on. He was, of course, known as "Speedo Man".

As for me, I had a good drop on the scale. I was hoping it would. I really felt that I was a little puffy from the hike. Today is a rest day for me. I was looking forward to that! It was nice to get a little extra sleep. My coworker friend and I usually walk part way through the morning, but today is very windy. She wanted to walk the stairs "every hour on the hour". Hmm. I've done 2 sets with her. It is four floors, so pretty challenging. Not really good for rest day, but I wanted to join her.

Spin tomorrow. I'm doing well with food today, hoping to keep that going!!!
Old 04-17-2018, 03:53 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Diane: Thank you for the support. I know that off weekends or days happen and that is fine, I just cannot wrap my head around plateaus. I know mine is probably due to stress but it is just so difficult. I am really thinking about going back to have my husband hide the scale until the end of the month. I was just more content that way.

Lemon: Be crabby, we all have those days. I am actually right there with you. I am really thinking about having my hubby hide the scale until the end of the month. I am just over it! I am on BC and I am getting my periods so I don't think it could be that. I don't know if I have fully explained my stomach issues. It is way more than neasous feeling. I have IBS and have been able to control it since but I have these flares that happen and it is horrid. I cannot tolerate foods that well. I also have high inflammation markers so I had a friend tell me I need to go get scoped, she thinks I have Crohns or IBD or colitis. I won't know until I am referred and have additional tests.

Windy: I would love to see your pictures. I haven't been able to figure out how to resize them to post them on here.

Today has been a great water day I am almost at 80 ounces and its almost 1pm. I am trying to drink more water the next couple days to see if that helps the stomach issues or digestive issues or whatever issue I am having of sorts. My diet is really bland right now so it is getting very boring. I did have the splurge this weekend but had been on track. I just want to figure out what is going on and why my inflammation markers are still high.

Happy Tuesday ladies!
jenjenangel027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:11 PM   #73  

Well the day is ending with grilled cheese for dinner. Why? because I need to go the grocery and because I’ve no ideas and I asked DH to come up w something because TOM showed up on time this month and my energy level is in the toilet today.

I took the little to physical therapy and can you say they acted like a pistol? Holy cow no sitting still and wanting to do their own thing. It made for a very long hour. I usually don’t get too involved in controlling as I feel it’s the therapists place but when said child is way off or wasting time I pipe up. Otherwise I’m observing while there and learning what we need to do at home.

My weight actually wasn’t horrid but it’s still holding steady in the 223 area. Yuck. I just read an article on daily mail indicating winter stinks as a time to lose weight as we are programmed from our Neanderthal days to be in famine during the winter months. Well you can tell my nenderthal grandparents they can keep the readying for famine and leave me alone!

So I’m not weighing again until this is all done and I’ll try my best but I’m sure I’ll bake somewhere in these four days that always seem like an eternity. I have a huge love hate relationship with it all. Anywho - that’s it own whole lousy story.

Jen: oh no on the scope endeavors! I’ll be doing that once on the other side of 55 I think. Maybe they can give you a better answer with it all if it’s done. Do you have family history if it? Remember one autoimmune means you will usually have 3 or more. Isn’t that so totally fair? Heck no! I loathe self attacking bodies. Yes - I want to see your kitchen photos too!

Diane: look at your scale move! Yeah for someone challenging you to the stairs. I do umpteen in my day running down to water my plants, running up to get kids ready l, running down to the freezer - ie I get lots of stairs done in my day. In my world it doesn’t seem to matter on my scale! but I hope yours shows success.

Windy: I had a laugh and your geezer in a thong! Maybe he likes people honking hello to him?! Or maybe the backside breeze? I can’t begin to imagine. Where I am I have Amish and just your normal run of the mill small town folk. Nothing quite as colorful as that. Yes you post your kitchen photos too!

Hello all!

AM: so yes I’m still grumbly. For many reasons I guess both diet and non diet related. The sun was out and melting that icky stuff but tomorrow we are to get 8” more! And then the next day it’s to be 60. I have said to my family well just be bypassing spring and moving right into summer! At least my garden should warm up quickly (I hope) and I can get it all in early May. Yes I do sometimes push it early but will try to be more self restrained this year.

I’ll post bu lt just know I’m not really doing much until the weekend if at all. I sound like a falling off the horse type gal if you will! Though 219 looks good I have no clue when the hades I’ll ever get there. My meds are finally evened out. Ugh - just that I will need to get back into the swing of things!its just harder then heck to remain focused and happy when it all stalls on out.

Grumblecentral signing out!
Old 04-18-2018, 08:29 AM   #74  

My body is dumb
No w/I and I did drink water but can’t recall how much

And walking? Hahahahaha - NO

the good news - the snow warnings have about canceled it way down to 2” and less. I can deal with that as it’s to be close to 60 tomorrow.

The bad: who knows what my body is doing. Let’s just say completely dumb and get on with it. As for dieting I had an ice cream yesterday I didn’t need an ice cream but the child and I were on our way home from PT and it was either ice cream or I’d curl up in the drivers seat with the sun on my nose. Yes I was tired driving the distance yesterday.

What prolific thing to say? Not one darn thing!

I wish you all a good day my diet mojo is out the window. I’ll try to find my inner and get back to it. But today isn’t that day.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:59 PM   #75  
Diane

Jenni: Yeah, it might be that you should have him hide the scale. I think that sometimes you just need to have peace of mind, too. I keep getting on the scale because I too easily can go off track. Hopefully your digestive issues calm down soon!!

Lemon: Don't worry about what you post here. If it isn't time to buckle down, and be all positive about it, don't do it yet! Take the time to just back up a bit. Then, when you're ready, come back to hitting it hard. Life is hard, but adding the thrill of trying to lose weight sometimes makes it so tough!!

So, as you can see, I am back up again. While I don't think the stairs were a bad thing, I won't do that again on a rest day. We did it five times throughout the day, and it kept getting harder and harder to do. I felt really tired last night, really tired this morning, and spin was really hard today. I don't think it was a positive for me. I'm also just not feeling great today. So, it may be something else entirely. But no more doing anything extra on what is supposed to be my rest day. I am going to see how it goes today, but tomorrow might be a rest day too. I was really irritable this morning about it all, so I just need to say no sometimes. Food was on track yesterday, so I don't think it was that. We'll see how my weight trends for the rest of the week.