Old 01-25-2018, 11:21 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good morning

Martine and imthegoddess: This season has been horrible for the flu and coughs and colds that are relentless. I'm glad you're both seeing your doctor soon!

Laura: I like how you're thinking ahead to what your February will look and what your plan is. Interestingly, this type of thoughtfulness is second nature when it comes to my job but not so much in my diet and exercise life. Sounds like you have some fun February and plans.

RunningRedHead: Glad you found Katie's website helpful. What she's accomplished is very impressive. Getting your water in is a goal and a win!

Traveller: Good luck finding the sweet spot for your calorie intake. It can take some experimenting. Oh how I wish you could lend just a couple of your 5'7" height!
Not a lot to report today. My calendar is wide open so I plan to catch up on things I neglected yesterday.

I hope everyone has a productive and great day!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 03:59 PM   #167  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Curvy: Slowly, but surely! And, I'm glad that your package finally arrived, and I hope that you got some much needed rest last night!

Martine: I think, after that long, a trip to the doctor is a good idea...I'm glad you're getting seen, and I hope they can help you recover from this ickiness ASAP.

Laura: Congratulations on the raise and bonus!! I hope that 2018 continues to bring you much happier things than last year.

imthegoddess: Oh no, I am sorry that you're still sick, as well...I hope you're able to recover while your husband and kids are away in Utah!

RunningRedHead: I've seen tons of great things about the HCLF diet, as long as you're not diabetic, I think it would be worth looking into to see if it fits your preferences and lifestyle a little more. It's especially popular in the vegan/vegetarian community, but I have seen others praise it, as well. Let us know what you find out and whatever you end up trying! Great job on the water, too!

----------------------------------------------------

No change today, but I will gladly take that over a bump back up after a mini-whoosh. I did my hour on the elliptical last night, but - again - only finished one big bottle of water (2.2 L), so going to try my best to get in that second one today.

Week Four
22: 203.8 - TOM.
23: 203.0
24: 201.6
25: 201.6
26:
27:
28:
----------------------------
End of Week Three: 204.4
Total Loss for Week Four:

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 10:23 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Curvy: Wide open calendars are perfect for catching up and being productive

opheliaphoenix: I’m not vegetarian/vegan, but I’ve been leaning more and more toward a vegetarian diet.. I don't eat that much meat as it is. I did a ton of research on the LCHF diet, but now researching the HCLF diet, the science behind it makes more sense, plus I always want all the carbs and any diet that tells me I can’t eat sweet potatoes is not the diet for me! Way to go getting 2.2L in today’s the day you’ll get the second bottle in! Great work getting in your hour on the elliptical!

I drank 3.5L of water yesterday, which I’m considering not too bad since I got a late start on it. I haven’t been as great about hydrating lately as I should have been, so it’s new to me and I’m starting to remember why I don’t hydrate that much—so many trips to the restroom! I’ve read that it’s just a phase as your body adjusts to all the fluid, and I hope it’s true. I had a nice lunch with my best friend yesterday. I’m lucky in that whenever we do lunch it’s usually at one of our houses and we cook everything, and she’s vegetarian so it’s usually something whole food and plant based, which is nice. Yesterday we did a large salad with spring mix and spinach, full of fresh veggies and crispy tofu. She did ranch dressing, but I usually opt for the vinegar based dressings.

Also, small NSV for me yesterday. I was working out on the stationary bike and did 45 minutes and at about 42 minutes I couldn’t figure out why it was beeping at me and I finally figured out that the screen was flashing that it was my longest workout on that bike. I remember a few years ago when I was trying to get in a routine (very unsuccessful, only used the bike a handful of times), I would set the time that I used to be able to do when I went to the gym and end up quitting halfway through, telling myself that “it’s fine, it was enough of a workout.” I’m really glad I stuck with it these last few days.

SW: 286.1
GW: 279.0

Week 4
1/21: 281.7 (+0.4)
1/22: NWI
1/23: 282.3 (+0.6)
1/24: 282.8 (+0.5)
1/25: 284.7 (+0.9)
1/26: 283.4 (-1.3)
1/27:
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 10:49 AM   #169  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Laura- G&Ts!
The diet bet sounds productive. For me, though, it works better in the long run if I'm not too strict.

Runningredhead: soul-searching is good. The thing that brought it together for me was poking around inside my head until I figured out what was triggering the eating and what balance of lighter eating was sustainable for me. Only took me 20 years. lol Excellent NSV on your bike!

Opheliaphoenix- so close to onederland! 4.4 liters of water is a heck of a lot to get through! I'm not knocking it, I'm just impressed! I pat myself on the back if I get through my 1.5 liter bottle every day. That doesn't include tea and other liquids, though.

Curvynotlumpy: top tip, I put parsley in my humus. Extra vitamins, plus the chlorophyl in the parsley means less or no garlic ghost-burps, if you know what I mean. Glad I'm pretty much over TOM age

Traveller: Surely you don't qualify as sedentary if you're marking 10,000 steps a day?!

Martine- I hope you're better now! Take care of yourself. (((hug)))

Imthegoddess- Yuk! I think it's time for your bronchitis to move on. Glad your set to get some rest and me time soon! Also, I see I'm not the only one who can't bring themselves to change their weight in the profile after a regain :\

I was thinking about making a tofu and veg with rice tonight, but with so many of you complaining about sodium weight, I'm chicken. To keep on schedule (and I realize these things aren't etched in stone, but still) I need to weigh 115kg on Monday and this morning I was 115.9. I'm trying not to panic.

Anway, I did go for a nice long walk on Wednesday (12,000 steps) and another good one today (8,000 steps). I want to start building some muscle too, but haven't been very good about working that into my day.

Youngest daughter is leaving for an exchange program for nearly 3 months in a week and I am determined not to let that stress me! Or, at least not make me stress eat. I hope she has the time of her life but I can't wait till she's home!

TGIF, gang. Hope you all have a restful weekend!
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 03:29 PM   #170  
Gizmo

imthegoddess here's hoping we both get over this nasty infection soon. You're not the first person telling me one round of antibiotics did not do it for them. Hope your doctor finds a better course of action.

Magicsusan where is your daughter going for her exchange program?

RunningRedHead way to go on that exercise! You're pushing yourself, that always pays off.

Laura I like your approach to weight loss. You find new challenges, like the diet bet, but you also are keeping it real with what is going on in your life.

curvynotlumpy hope TOM is not being too hard on you. After a full day of meetings, I'm sure you enjoyed that open calendar. I love open calendars.

opheliaphoenix a nice woosh and look how close you are to Onederland!

I just got back from the doctor's. I almost fell asleep waiting for my name to be called. I barely slept last night because I was on call to let out electricians who were working after hours. Got the call at around 1:45am and by the time I got back home, I couldn't fall back asleep. Anyway, I was diagnosed with the tail end of a bronchitis. I was given antibiotics but no inhaler, because the doctor says my bronchi is clear. I hope these do the trick.

Hope everyone is having a great end to the week.
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 04:00 PM   #171  
|| Casey ||

RunningRedHead: Great work on that NSV...it is always such a nice feeling knowing that you're starting to build up endurance/stamina, so congrats on that!!

Magicsusan: The 4.4L has been hard for me to get through lately, especially since I don't really consume anything until 1pm, I have coffee with my lunch, and I will often have something else with dinner...I think I need to switch some things around to make it a little easier to get all that fluid in inside a shorter window, lol. Great walks, by the way!

Martine: Oh man, I'm sorry you have been dealing with bronchitis, but I'm glad you're already towards the end of it...it makes a lot more sense now that you've been sick for so long. I hope the antibiotics do the trick to get rid of it for good!

Weigh-in was 200.8 today...getting so antsy to cross over out of the 200s, lol. I did my hour on the elliptical last night, even though I wasn't feeling at all, and I was happy that I went ahead and did it anyway once I was done. Doing it again tonight! And, I only got in one 2.2L bottle again, but I WILL get in both today...I am committing it to the written word, so hopefully that will help.

Week Four
26: 200.8
27:
28:

Old 01-26-2018, 07:41 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

and good evening

Happy Friday! It's been a long, wet and cold week. I'm glad to see it come to a close.

Martine: I can't believe you suffered so long with bronchitis! You are a warrior! I'm so glad you finally got diagnosed and a prescription. Hopefully a good night's sleep is in store for you.

opheliaphoenix: I am no and I have no crystal ball but I just feel like you're going to be in Onderland by this time tomorrow!

Magicsusan: You're knocking it out of the park with your Between changes you're making and your daughter embarking on her exchange program, you both have exciting things going on in your life. Of course you'll miss her. And she'll miss you. It's wonderful that she's getting this experience.
Not much to write about today but I hope everyone has a great weekend. Get rest and stay healthy. I'm looking at you Martine!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 07:45 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 235/216/199 (onederland)

Height: 5'7

January goal 212 lbs and greater awareness of hunger signals!!

17.1 - 216 lbs
18.1 - 217 lbs
19.1 - DNW
20.1 - DNW
21.1 - 218 lbs.
22.1 - 26.1 DNW tried to eat 'intuitively' and really ask myself if I was hungry or just bored!
27.1 - 214 lbs!! I think I'll start to weight every morning.

On a side note I love how supportive everyone is here! No judgement, just love!
FutureVagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 07:46 PM   #174  

opheliaphoenix You are a hair's breadth away from the magical onederland!!! Congrats in advance!
Old 01-26-2018, 08:40 PM   #175  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Hey all! Happy Friday!!

Martine, I'm glad you got some antibiotics. Hope they kick this out of you quickly, you've suffered long enough!

OpheliaPhoenix so excited for your imminent journey out of the 200s!! You've got this!!

I must say I cannot get over how inspired I am by Lexi (@fatgirlfedup). Every morning while on vacation in California she has posted her "rise & grind" videos and it keeps it in the front of my mind to make time to exercise. My NSV yesterday was that I got home from work earlier than normal and my husband said we could eat a little later. With 90 minutes of free time ahead of me and an urge to sweat, I headed to the gym and did 30 minutes on the ARC trainer. The only down side to the session was the volume of people in the gym at 4pm and lack of mats to stretch on. Back to 5am for me I guess. I was really proud that even though I was close to my step goal, I still opted to exercise more. I had done yoga that morning and my regular 35 minute walk around the office campus, so I could have given myself a break, but I chose not to.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 01:28 PM   #176  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 286.8/198.8/150ish

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningRedHead View Post
I may be heading into a place where I need to weigh in weekly for mental reasons On a positive note, I drank 3.6L yesterday. I’m considering increasing my goal to 4L.
I understand about the weigh in. Those daily fluctuation can really mess with the mind. Great job on the water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curvynotlumpy View Post
Not a lot to report today. My calendar is wide open so I plan to catch up on things I neglected yesterday.

I hope everyone has a productive and great day!
I hope your day is relaxing and stress free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opheliaphoenix View Post
[FONT="Georgia"]
No change today, but I will gladly take that over a bump back up after a mini-whoosh. I did my hour on the elliptical last night, but - again - only finished one big bottle of water (2.2 L), so going to try my best to get in that second one today.
WOW, great job on the elliptical! You're really doing well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningRedHead View Post
I’ve read that it’s just a phase as your body adjusts to all the fluid, and I hope it’s true.

Also, small NSV for me yesterday. I was working out on the stationary bike and did 45 minutes and at about 42 minutes I couldn’t figure out why it was beeping at me and I finally figured out that the screen was flashing that it was my longest workout on that bike. I remember a few years ago when I was trying to get in a routine (very unsuccessful, only used the bike a handful of times), I would set the time that I used to be able to do when I went to the gym and end up quitting halfway through, telling myself that “it’s fine, it was enough of a workout.” I’m really glad I stuck with it these last few days.
It is true. Your body will get use to the hydration and you won't need as many bathroom breaks. Great job on the bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicsusan View Post
Anway, I did go for a nice long walk on Wednesday (12,000 steps) and another good one today (8,000 steps). I want to start building some muscle too, but haven't been very good about working that into my day.

Youngest daughter is leaving for an exchange program for nearly 3 months in a week and I am determined not to let that stress me! Or, at least not make me stress eat. I hope she has the time of her life but I can't wait till she's home!
Great steps! Where is your daughter traveling too? I hope she has a great adventure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martine View Post
I just got back from the doctor's. I almost fell asleep waiting for my name to be called. I barely slept last night because I was on call to let out electricians who were working after hours. Got the call at around 1:45am and by the time I got back home, I couldn't fall back asleep. Anyway, I was diagnosed with the tail end of a bronchitis. I was given antibiotics but no inhaler, because the doctor says my bronchi is clear. I hope these do the trick.
I do hope the antibiotics clear everything up finally for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opheliaphoenix View Post
[FONT="Georgia"]Weigh-in was 200.8 today...getting so antsy to cross over out of the 200s, lol. I did my hour on the elliptical last night, even though I wasn't feeling at all, and I was happy that I went ahead and did it anyway once I was done. Doing it again tonight! And, I only got in one 2.2L bottle again, but I WILL get in both today...I am committing it to the written word, so hopefully that will help.
You've got this. You will be there any time now. Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureVagabond View Post
You're so close to your January goal, congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by curvynotlumpy View Post
Happy Friday! It's been a long, wet and cold week. I'm glad to see it come to a close.

Not much to write about today but I hope everyone has a great weekend. Get rest and stay healthy. I'm looking at you Martine!
Yuk, cold and wet. We had a bit of snow Sunday and that made for some fun drives to work Monday. Have a safe and restful weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraRVA42011 View Post
My NSV yesterday was that I got home from work earlier than normal and my husband said we could eat a little later. With 90 minutes of free time ahead of me and an urge to sweat, I headed to the gym and did 30 minutes on the ARC trainer. The only down side to the session was the volume of people in the gym at 4pm and lack of mats to stretch on. Back to 5am for me I guess. I was really proud that even though I was close to my step goal, I still opted to exercise more. I had done yoga that morning and my regular 35 minute walk around the office campus, so I could have given myself a break, but I chose not to.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!
Wow, I'm inspired by our exercise. I need to step up may game. Well really, I need to start my game.

__________________________________________________ ___________

It hasn't been the best week for eating. I made some poor decisions like eating a mini bundt cake yesterday afternoon, and some good decisions like having a small salad for an evening snack instead of something like the bundt cake. My doctor put me on Prednisone, a steroid, to calm my lungs. Two days so far, and I am seeing some improvement. I've had a constant cough in the mornings for a few years due to post nasal drip, and we began discussing trying to clear that up for good. I asked her, do you know what it's like working in a lung hospital and coughing all the time? People are always like, you need to do something about that. I have a busy week coming up at work. A couple of my docs are submitting grants. My new employee is great though and it is really a relief having her there. That and having my other employee back from nearly three months maternity leave. The whole office atmosphere is really nice. There are four of us in a suite of four offices, and several times this week I have notice the three of them really talking and enjoying each other. It is really nice. School seems like this eight weeks won't be as hectic as the past eight weeks. So, that's a plus. I need to do some more prep work and planning for next week. I'm determined to stick to plan and get back on track. Have a great Saturday everyone.
imthegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 02:28 PM   #177  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 286.8/198.8/150ish

Height: 5'6"

Thought I'd share my breakfast. I'm generally not a cook. Two eggs over medium cooked with cooking spray, half a medium avocado, .25 cup Santa Fe mix (black bean, corn, and red and green bell pepper mix), topped with 2.5 tbsp salsa. Myfitnesspal says 312 calories.

Last edited by imthegoddess; 01-27-2018 at 02:29 PM.
imthegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 03:56 PM   #178  
|| Casey ||

Curvy: My scale is toying with me today, so not quite, but I hope it lets me cross over in the next day or two!

FutureVagabond: Great loss! And, I agree...this is a great thread of people!

Laura: Thank you, me too! Haha. And, great job taking advantage of that inspiration and getting in those workouts...you're doing awesome!

imthegoddess: Thank you! And, I think having the good decisions to help balance out a bundt cake slip up or two will definitely help...you're staying mindful and including a variety of things, and that's important, too. I'm also glad you're starting to feel better on the Prednisone. Your breakfast looks yummy, too!

Weigh-in was up a little 201.0...I was on-plan with everything yesterday - including the water, and I even ate a light dinner - so, I think my body is just teasing me with a metaphorical carrot on a string today. It usually fluctuates a little right before a new decade, so I'm not really too surprised...not sure why it does that, lol. My legs and arms feel so sore from the last few days, so I'm taking a rest day from the elliptical tonight, but I may still do a 3 mile walk this evening since that is less intense on me and I'll get a little fresh air after doing my workouts out in the garage all week.

Week Four
26: 200.8
27: 201.0
28:

Old 01-28-2018, 05:11 AM   #179  

17.1 - 216 lbs
18.1 - 217 lbs
19.1 - DNW
20.1 - DNW
21.1 - 218 lbs.
22.1 - 26.1 DNW tried to eat 'intuitively' and really ask myself if I was hungry or just bored!
27.1 - 214 lbs!! I think I'll start to weight every morning.
28.1 - 213.4 lbs

What are you guys doing for exercise? I don't exercise at all as my knees can hurt. I bought a treadmill a few years ago but never used it so maybe I'll start on that!

magicsusan well done for your 12k steps! I'm averaging around 5k per day so need to emulate you!
Old 01-28-2018, 09:00 AM   #180  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

To the many who asked, my daughter is going to Colombia. It's going to be quite an adjustment for her- she's used to having a lot more freedom as Switzerland is very safe. I envy her the experience!

Martine- I hope you're feeling better now, and getting lots of sleep!

Opheliaphoenix. I'm still impressed; I thought I was doing well getting 1.5 liters a day down! Kudos for getting on that eliptical. Especially in the evening. When I was a regular runner it was always first thing in the morning before my brain realized what my body was doing. Though, to be fair, I always genuinely enjoyed it once I was out on the road...
Anyway, I hear you on the troll scale! Mine doesn't always seem to directly reflect what I've been doing either.

Laura! You are on fire! Fantastic that you did a walk and yoga and went to the gym! I'm still having trouble trying to figure out where to squeeze in strength workouts...

imthegoddess- good that you recognize that the bundt cake might not have been the best choice. Sounds like you got back on track quickly enough! Hope work isn't too stressful.

Futurevagabond, I don't get in 12,000 steps every day- more like 6-8k. But I do try to walk. Good shoes are a must, and I can also tell a biiiig difference if I've been walking in the forest. Dirt is a lot easier on your joints than asphalt. Just take it easy but try to be consistent. I never thought I would be able to run at 250 pounds or whatever it is I weighed, but you build up the strength and stamina gradually. I think I walked 4-5 times a week for a good 6 months before I tried jogging.

I'm going out tonight, so I'm allowing myself one G&T (thinking of you here, Laura ). I'm doing well with the walking, and unless I really blow it tonight, I should be on target for my weigh-in tomorrow. Actually, It might not matter; I've realized that having the weekly weigh-in on Monday is kind of a drag. I used to do it tuesday or Wednesday, so I think I will move it for my own sanity. I'll keep you posted.

I am so looking forward to passing the 102 kg mark. That was where my re-gain started. If I keep up my 1kg a week goal, that would be roughtly the beginning of May. Not sure if that's pheasable... We'll see!
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote