Old 01-02-2018, 03:26 PM   #16  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/135

Height: 5'7.5"

Martine: I'm glad you guys had a nice night in like we did, as well...and, you'll build up your endurance in no time with the way you always keep at it!

Nichelle: Welcome back!!! Glad to see you again!

gulfmagnolia: I'm glad you enjoyed the holidays...here's to 2018!!

tonythegreek: Welcome to 3FC!

RunningRedHead: Welcome back!!

----------------------------------------------------

Happy to see so many people coming back and posting again!

Weigh-in was 208.6 today. TOM finally seems to be over, so thinking that is helping. Today, we're going to check out an elliptical someone is selling in town...it's an older model of a gym quality one that a lady posted at an incredibly low price, but it almost seems too low for the brand, so we're going to go look at it today and see if there is anything wrong with it. If not, then we're getting an amazing deal. Wish us luck that it's not a piece of garbage! Haha.

Week One
01: 209.4 - TOM.
02: 208.6
03:
04:
05:
06:
07:
----------------------------
Total Loss for Week One:

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 04:00 PM   #17  
On Medifast 5 & 1 Plan

S/C/G: 365/284.2/200

Height: 5'9

Happy New Year! Thanks for starting the thread, curvynotlumpy.

Opheliaphoenix, way to go with your loss of over 86 lbs! That is so inspiring. You are rocking this weight loss thing and getting so close to Onederland.

Martine, yes my new avatar is a before and after of me. I should really say that it's a before and during, since I'm not at my after weight yet. But I am super happy with my progress so far.

Futurehealthyme, you have set out some great goals for 2018 and they are totally doable. Good luck!

It's nice to see some new faces in the thread. Welcome nichelle, tonythegreek, and RunningRedHead

As for me, I have been having a rough few days dealing with cravings. In the days leading up to January 1st I was nibbling on foods that were not on plan. I ate party foods like tortilla chips and buffalo cheese dip, salted nuts, shrimp and cocktail sauce, holiday ham, and of course I drank champagne on New Years. So, I think that all the hidden sugars and carbs in those foods kicked me out of ketosis / fat burning. And to top it off now I'm craving french fries and chicken wings. It's crazy, but I'm trying to power through the cravings today and work my way back to being 100% on my Medifast plan.

Today I weighed in at 298 lbs exactly, which puts me up a little from the previous days when I was going between 297.2 and 297.4. I honestly feel like I should have bumped back up to 300 lbs with all the nibbling that I was doing, so I'm thankful for small mercies on the scale.

Wish me luck the rest of this week. I need it.
SweetEpiphany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:14 PM   #18  
I can and will do this!

S/C/G: Goal is to reach 170

Hi all, just a quick check in. Did 45 min on treadmill, water intake was good, took my vitamins BUT still ate cheese and also had rice which (rice) is totally not ok on my diet. I see it as a hiccup rather than the end of the world. Have a great day!
futurehealthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:19 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 281.4/.../150

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the welcome backs
My goal for this month is to not gain anything. It'll be a bonus if I go down! But I do have a 2 week vacation coming up.
I want to keep track of my water and when on holidays I will keep track of my steps.
Go to gym 5 days a week until holidays.

10 days til vacation day! Lol only part I'm not looking forwards to is the 15hour flight and jet leg.
But I'll drink a lot of water on the plane to help the jet leg. I probably wouldn't check in everyday when away but I will try as much as possible

Have a good day ladies
Nichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 09:38 AM   #20  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Happy New Year everyone!!

I have literally been offline since Mid-December. Quick updates: travelled north to Canada for a few days; unfortunately my best friend passed away the Friday before I left. Her brother has cut off all contact with her friends, so I didn't go into the city as planned; instead I focussed on my own family. Spent two days with my mom, a day with my dad and headed back to Richmond a day earlier than planned. This allowed me to have some down time before the next trip to Western North Carolina for Christmas.

The day before we left, I had a 'me' day which involved a fresh lunch at a farm-to-table place followed by a massage and facial. It was exactly what I needed after the past few weeks of stress.

Christmas in North Carolina was nice for the most part. I tried not to over-indulge and was 'forced' not to with a bout of food poisoning (at my own hand, note to self don't experiment with the air fryer and raw dough unless you have tried and true directions). It did detox me for a bit, but I was soon eating too many sugar things. I'm doing my best now to avoid sugar because I know it's a problem for me.

I did do a New Years Day run. My 2018 goal is to return to running full time in honour of my lost friend. I got her into running a long time ago and want to remember her that way. The temps have been ridiculously cold but I layered up properly to avoid getting a chill and sick. The subsequent days were colder and prohibitive of going outside. It is stressing me out to not be able to go out for a walk even, but this afternoon it is supposed to go above freezing, so I'll put aside some time today to finally get another walk in. Yesterday, being house-bound, I fired up some yoga on my X-Box and dipped my toe into the yoga pond.

Haven't weighed myself yet and I will do so by Friday. I have my annual women's appointment and I think I'm in menopause, so between the holidays and that, I may have a higher starting weight. I just want to get an honest reading by eating balanced this week before stepping on the scale.

I said good riddance to 2017 as one of the worst for me (despite my weight loss) and look forward to a better 2018!!

Happy to be back!!
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 09:52 AM   #21  
Gizmo

RunningRedHead welcome back, so nice to see you again

LauraRVA42011 I am very sorry to hear about your friend's passing What an beautiful thing to want to start running again in her honour. Have a healthy and positive New Year!

tonythegreek welcome to this group.

gulfmagnolia and SweetEpiphany I think a lot of us are starting fresh this week after the Holidays. Much continued success.

futurehealthyme what kind of diet plan are you following? 45 minutes on the treadmill is great exercise, that rice won't "stick"

opheliapheonix hope the elliptical is a good deal.

3 days in and 3 days of exercise and eating on plan. I didn't quite get to 2L of water yesterday, I find it really hard at work but I'll find a way to continue to drink more water.

1: 37 minutes cardio workout
2: 37 minutes cardio upper body strength training
3: 38 minutes HIIT workout
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 10:11 AM   #22  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 284/273.3/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone, I'm back and struggling after a 15-20 pd gain in the past six months. I'm at my highest weight ever. I've got to get a handle on my weight before I begin having medical related issues. We bought a new treadmill, and I'm logging my food in myfitnesspal for now. Happy New Year to everyone.
imthegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 10:46 AM   #23  
Kayla

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 6'0"

opheliaphoenix: Thanks for the warm welcome. Good luck with the elliptical!

SweetEpiphany: I totally hear you on craving wings. Iím trying to find a healthy alternative (non-breaded chicken vs cauliflower bites, making them at home, trying to make them with spices/rubs instead of the high sodium sauce, etc.), and while it comes out pretty good, for some reason it never tastes quite as good as if someone else (like my favorite pizza place) makes them Congratulations on your gain not being as extensive as you thought it would be, keep going and get back OP, you can do this

Laura: Iím so sorry for your loss. Running full time again sounds like a wonderful way to honor her.

Martine: Nice to see you again as well! Way to go with sticking with your exercise and water. Iím just the opposite; I have a much more difficult time sticking with my hydration goal at home than at work.

Imthegoddess: Beginning to log in MFP sounds like a good place to start. Itís relatively simple, but itís a nice visual reminder to keep you on track and help you stay focused. You can do this!

Good morning everyone! I came close to my 2L of water goal yesterday at about 1.6 liters. I did 40 minutes of yoga and cleaned the house from top to bottom over the day yesterday.

SW: 286.1
GW: 279.0

Week 1
1/2: 286.1
1/3: 285.5
1/4:
1/5:
1/6:

Week 2
1/7:
1/8:
1/9:
1/10:
1/11:
1/12:
1/13:

Week 3
1/14:
1/15:
1/16:
1/17:
1/18:
1/19:
1/20:

Week 4
1/21:
1/22:
1/23:
1/24:
1/25:
1/26:
1/27:

Final Days
1/28:
1/29:
1/30:
1/31:
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 01:48 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 235/196.2/179

Height: 5'5"

After a being stagnate on the weight loss front over the holidays (it was the cookies that got me ) I weighed in at 198.2 today, hoping to get below 190 this month. Also working on adding in more weight lifting into my routine as well as keeping up my walking and step counting. Still counting calories and trying to eat as cleanly as possible. Hoping that 2018 brings me from the obese BMI down to overweight!
SnoozelRu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 02:28 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 220/205/190

Height: 5'

and good morning

opheliaphoenix: Good look with the elliptical! It is my all time favorite piece of gym equipment. Well, that and kettlebells!

SnoozelRu: Welcome back! The holidays can do a number on our best efforts, but 8 pounds is completely reasonable and doable by the end of the month.

LauraRVA42011: I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your best friend. I'm glad you made time for some self-care over the holidays. Returning to is a fitting tribute to the memory of your friend. This is my goal as well so I'll be cheering us both on!

RunningRedHead: You're off to a great start and quite literally, getting your house in order!

imthegoddess: Welcome back! Congrats on the new ! That should provide some great motivation to stay on track. You got this!

Nichelle: Welcome back! Knowing you have a vacation coming up really helps to structure your goals.

tonythegreek:

futurehealthyme

Martine: Three days, three workouts; you're on a roll, girl!

SweetEpiphany: I sympathize; more often than not my cravings lean toward the salty and/or savory as well. There are just too many tempting snacks that appear during the holidays. Glad we are past that time. Good luck with your renewed efforts!
Nice to see everyone back posting to the thread! It's day three of TOM and I always feel so much better when it arrives. The general achy feeling decreases as does the bloating. My mood improves as well. My weight is still up but only slightly. Eating has been on plan.

Yesterday I had lunch with a friend that I only see every few months and I also got a pedicure. I'm not wearing sandals this time of year but that's okay, I know how good my toes look.

Back at the office today where we are still closed and it is still quiet. Classes begin on Monday so I'm enjoying these last few days of relative peace and "alone" time.

Wishing everyone a great day!

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 01-03-2018 at 04:27 PM.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 03:39 PM   #26  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/135

Height: 5'7.5"

SweetEpiphany: You have one of the strongest willpowers I have seen, so I know you'll be able to kick these resurgent cravings to the curb in no time!

futurehealthyme: Just a tiny hiccup...and, good work on the rest!

Nichelle: Have fun on vacation, and I hope you'll be able to maintain! I bet you'll do great. And, wow...a 15 hour flight! Where are you guys headed for your holiday away?

Laura: Glad to see you back!!! That being said, I am so terribly sorry to hear about your friend. I love that you're getting back into running to honor her, though. Sending love your way and hoping that 2018 will be a much better year for you.

Martine: Great job staying on plan!

imthegoddess: Welcome!

RunningRedHead: A good cleaning can be great for cardio!

SnoozelRu: Best of luck with your goal...here's to 2018!

Curvy: Thank you! Hopefully we'll know if it's worth buying by tomorrow. Sounds like you had a great day yesterday! Hope you're able to enjoy the rest of the quiet days you have left at work, as well.

----------------------------------------------------

I think my weigh-in is reading a little low today at 207.4, because I know I'm dehydrated from yesterday. I fully expect to see a little bump on the scale tomorrow, but we will see! Keeping my tickers the same until I see where I end up in the morning. In other news, I joined my previous host's next DietBet today, so hopefully that will keep me on the straight and narrow for the first month of this new year! Wish me luck, lol. Oh, and we still don't know about the elliptical...the seller's son got sick, so we're going tomorrow instead.

Week One
01: 209.4 - TOM.
02: 208.6
03: 207.4
04:
05:
06:
07:
----------------------------
Total Loss for Week One:

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 10:53 PM   #27  
I can and will do this!

S/C/G: Goal is to reach 170

Ophelia: Great job with your wonderful weight loss. How is the equipment?

SweetEpiphany: the nibbling didn't cause a step back. You got this!!! You are strong!!!

Nichelle: Have a wonderful vacation!

Laura: it's good to see you back here. I am very sorry to hear about your friend.

Martine: You are being so consistent. I am on the keto diet.

imthegoddess: Welcome!

RunningRedHead:Welcome! I am so jealous! Cleaning and organizing is my to do list. I LOVE it when things are the way I like them to be!

SnoozelRu: You got this!!! Good luck and willpower to you!

Curvy: Great job sticking to your plan!

I ate on plan today and the scale showed 246 this morning which is 2 down.
30 min on the treadmill.
God, why do I hate exercise so much!?!? I must change my attitude and see it as a blessing and a gift because I am able to do it instead or a chore!

Have a good night, I will check in tomorrow!
futurehealthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 08:58 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 281.4/.../150

Height: 5'8"

Curvynotlumpy - yes having my vacation coming up is helpful... when I get home from workinv both my jobs (730am to 930pm) I don't really feel like weighing my food for my lunch the next day but then I think it'll only take a few minutes you need to stay on track...
Plus my sister is also getting married in 17months and asked me to be her maid of honour which I'm excited about but I really dislike dresses I feel and look horrible in them lol

Opheliaphoenix - I'm off to Taiwan ❤ it's an amazing country and the people are the friendliest I've met! My mother and I have been there twice now and this year my younger brother is joining. I highly recommend it. We walk a lot when we are there but I also like trying new foods lol so I'm hoping it'll just balance out. I'm taking my fit Bit with me this year so I can keep track

Futurehealthyme - Thanks I know I'll enjoy it! I hate exercising too lol. I'm really lucky my mom goes to the gym with me she's good to help me keep going especially when I'm really tired and just want to sleep in. I find when I'm on the treadmill I really focused on the time counter which is horrible (some days it feels like hours when it's only been 20 minutes lol) I think I might start bringing a stick note with me to cover the time lol

Busy day yesterday... at preschool my boss and I filled out all the paperwork to send in to receive my Early Childhood Education educator assistant certificate! Yay! One of the lady work with is resigning (shes moving) as of Friday so I applied for a full time position on the floor with the children which sounds promising! (I will know by friday and if I get it I will start Monday) then after work (had an hour to kill) I went to fabricland and bought a bunch of fabric to make baby girl dresses/receiving blankets/bibs... my sister in law just told me she's pregnant as well as my best friend is adopting! Then I worked at dq until 930pm.

I did drink 3Lt of water yeasterday and went to the gym in the AM

Weigh in

Jan 2: 278lb
Jan 3: --
Jan 4: 276.2 (-1.8lb)
Nichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 09:41 AM   #29  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 284/273.3/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichelle View Post
when I get home from workinv both my jobs (730am to 930pm) I don't really feel like weighing my food for my lunch the next day but then I think it'll only take a few minutes you need to stay on track...
Thank you for saying this. No matter how busy I feel, you're way busier than me, and you find time to weigh your food. I can too.

Thanks for the warm welcome back everyone.
imthegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 09:53 AM   #30  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Happy Friday-Eve!! Nice short week despite the weather for us on the east coast of the U.S.

Thanks to all for the condolences, it really helps! I intended that to be the last negative post about 2017!

2018 is off to a great start for me. I've signed up for an online 21 day yoga course where they send daily classes to my inbox each morning. So far I've done 30 minutes today. I had done yoga on Tuesday when I couldn't get outside.

Yesterday, I went on an extra-long walk while chatting on the phone with a distant friend. It's funny how talking with someone as you walk makes it so much easier to go farther and for longer. It was less of a grind because I was engaged with the conversation. Same reason I listen to podcasts when I run or walk, it is like listening into a conversation at a party and takes your mind of the monotony of the workout.

FutureHealthyMe! I hear you on the treadmill woes. I absolutely hate it!! I was craving a good walk/run workout on New Years Eve but the cold was prohibitive to exercising outside. I gave in and went PF to use their treadmill. As I mentioned above, I listen to podcasts and that seems to help a little. Of course, there is the danger of laughing too much and falling off, but it's worth it...

Nichelle fingers crossed on the new role!! So happy for you!!

OpheliaPhoenix I've always been curious about DietBet. Please share more, especially your progress. I'm interested in both the benefits and the challenges you experience.

Curvy thanks for the support! We can be long distance running buddies!!

RunningRedHead your day sounds like my dream!! I'm really looking forward to post-holiday cleaning my house from top to bottom. I just found a really cool cleaning checklist from Real Simple magazine online - of course it was meant as an advertisement for their new app, but I just took the timings and the list of things and transposed them into an excel sheet to print off for my fridge. Keep up the work on getting the water in!!

SnoozelRu great day! Keep going, you've got this!!

imthegoddess welcome back!! I too was away for a bit, but this is the place to be!!

Martine your consistency with exercise is what inspires me to do the same! So glad you're here!

TonyTheGreek Welcome and congrats on the consistent loss!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote