Old 01-16-2018, 03:11 AM   #106  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Oh, no, Martine! That can be such a drain when these things drag on. I hope your immune system kicks into high gear and licks it on your day off! As for the sap, the trees are down blocking the paths and I've had to climb over them. Some of them are quite large, and in spite of my best efforts, I seem to have picked up some sap sliding over the trunks. But who cares, right? Soon these jeans will be so big I have to throw them away anyway, right? Right?!

Snoozelroo, I envy you on the meal prep! My DH is in the hospital (no panic, but another op to fix a nasty break from last spring that didn't quite heal as it should have) and my kids have all challenged each other to go vegan. I didn't think it was going to last 5 minutes, but it seems the loser has to do the family laundry for a month, and that is a lot of laundry! Point is, I desparately need to do some meal prep, because we are really scrambling to put together healthy vegan meals on the fly... As for the stress cleaning, I haven't the fortitude for that, working on it

Runningredhead, Yes! Better choices. I hope to start running again in spring. I miss it, but it's been too long to just start in again (without building up a bit of strenght and stamina from walking, I mean) , plus if there's any chance of ice on the ground, I *will* find it and fall on my donkey!

Opheliaphoenix, I make pizza every week. Since I do it myself, A) I can load it with veggies and go light on the cheese and B) I know we'll be having it again next week, so I don't feel the urge to overeat, thinking it will be ages until we have it again.

Now.

This is a bit odd, tell me what you think. Last night, I had some veggie dimsum (you know, soy sauce!) which itself wasn't bad but I figured with the salt, there would be some serious bloat. My official weekly weigh-in was yesterday and I was down respectibly, but since then, I seem to have lost 800g, I think that's nearly 2 pounds, for no reason at all. I'll keep you all posted, but I'm wondering if my scale has lost its marbles (or sprung it's spring!) I'm fully expecting to be up again tomorrow. We'll see.

Anyway, I'll walk to the hopsital and back to see DH today, that's a good 3k, and see what else there is to do... Maybe something to get rid of these bat wings, though I don't hold out much hope that they'll ever go away...
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:26 AM   #107  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 286.8/198.8/150ish

Height: 5'6"

For times sake, I won't address everyone this time, but it looks like some good things have been happening. I did my food prep between Sunday and last night. So, I ready to throw some good salads together for lunch. Hubby threw away almost the whole upstairs freezer of old stuff yesterday, and replaced it with good stuff that wan in the basement. Now they are more accessible in a hurry. I'm still logging and trying to get more water in.

I went to the doctor yesterday afternoon, and they are treating me for bronchitis. I have an antibiotic and an inhaler. They did a nebulizer (sp?) treatment to me while I was in the office. I've never had that before, but she said my chest was really tight, and they needed to open it up. My oxygen level went to 96-98 after it, but I don't know how low it was before. I went to bed at 8PM. Now to get healthy again. I can already tell I'm doing better.
imthegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:44 AM   #108  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Happy Tuesday all!

I haven't posted since Friday and there has been so much going on here since I wouldn't have room to post. So, a quick Hello to all!! Hope those who are ailing improve and hurrah for NS and S victories this past weekend!

Menopause is kicking me in the butt today. I've not had a decent sleep in days and it caught up with me this morning. The scale hasn't moved despite my really trying not to fog eat. On the good side, I spent much of the weekend batch cooking and have the next two weeks of dinners made. Just have to fill out the rest of my week's menu with breakfasts and lunches.

I'm just going to plough through this and hope to come out the other side soon. I've really cut back on processed foods and am focussing on my water and walking.

Here's to a great day!!
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 03:40 PM   #109  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Magicsusan: I usually will do a healthier version of a pizza for myself when we order out, but I decided to just do the regular pizza that night, so I think that was my downfall...so much extra cheese, calorie-laden dough, and sodium in those! I will definitely be making my own again next time, lol.

imthegoddess: Hope you feel better soon, and I'm glad that you have the nebulizer and the antibiotic to help kick that bronchitis to the curb!

Laura: Wow, great work on getting all those dinners prepped in advance...two weeks worth, that's awesome!

----------------------------------------------------

Starting to come back down a little to 203.8. I hit my water goal of over a gallon, did the elliptical twice, and got in just about 14k steps yesterday, so I think that is all starting to help. Going to keep pushing through and staying on plan to see if I can get back down and into some actual losses again soon.

Week Three
15: 204.6
16: 203.8
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:
----------------------------
End of Week Two: 203.6
Total Loss for Week Three:

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 08:59 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

I had yesterday off from work so it's been a challenge remembering that it's Tuesday.

opheliaphoenix: It's encouraging getting even the smallest dip in the right direction, isn't it?

Laura and SnoozelRu: Great job with your meal prep and batch cooking! It will definitely pay off and I imagine gives you both more flexibility in your schedules to get other things on your list done.

M0nty: Great job with your eating plan and exercise!

imthegoddess: So happy that you're feeling better. My mother had asthma and would sometimes do breathing treatments (nebulizer). They never failed to help her feel better.

Magicsusan:: Bravo: on the scale drop! Maybe it's the "magic" part of your name kicking in.

Martine: I hope your day was filled with some good rest and self care. IMO, Dayquil and Nightquil are wonder elixirs in my book!

RunningRedHead: Your entire dinner sounds delicious! For me it would have been darn near impossible not to indulge a little. Fresh pasta is not something I eat every day!
I hope everyone had a good Tuesday. I had a really fun and interesting dining experience last night. I have a standing Monday dinner date with three other women from my church. Two of the women alternate making the entree while the other lady and I alternate weeks for dessert. Last night our host did a Mongolian Hot Pot which is essentially fondue but instead of cheese or chocolate, broth, and instead of bread and/or fruit, fresh veggies, meat and fish. You dip your selection into the boiling broth and anything left over after everyone has dipped goes into the broth for soup. It was both delicious and impressive. All the chopping and prep is labor intensive! What a treat on a and foggy night. What I especially liked was how healthy the dinner was. The scale rewarded me by being down another pound.

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 01-17-2018 at 02:14 PM.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:55 PM   #111  
90 and then some...

S/C/G: 258/221/180

Height: 5' 8 1/2

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Finally back at work today. Busy place with flu taking some of my coworkers out for the week. I did ok with my food plan although I did mindlessly eat a small butter cookie at break. Stopped myself before one turned into 20!

Today
Weight 214.2

Food
Breakfast
MR/Oatmeal/Smoothie
Smoothie

Veggies/Fruits
Frozen strawberries
Baby Spinach

V/F Servings

Lunch
MR/Oatmeal/Smoothie
MR

Veggies/Fruits
Tuscan veggie mix 1/2 cup
2/3 cup green beans

V/F Servings

Dinner
MR/Oatmeal/Smoothie
Oatmeal

Veggies/Fruits
1 banana

V/F Servings

Snack
Frozen blueberries
SFFF pudding

Total Veggies/Fruit servings

Physical Activity minutes
16 minuets Leslie Sansone DVD
12 minuets stationery bike
M0nty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:33 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 281.4/.../150

Height: 5'8"

Hey everyone

My flight went well. And I've been enjoying Taiwan!
The weather has been really nice (A little hot today)
We went on 2 walking tours in the past 2 days. And another day wondering around the old streets of Tamsui.
We've been doing A lot of walking which is really good because we are also doing a lot of eating! Haha.
Last night's walking tour ended in a night market so our guided took us to different vendors seeking foods they liked. The guide bought us these rice paper shaved peanut ice cream burito things.... Sounds very odd but surprisingly there were good!
Tomorrow we are going up the Maokong gondola to wonder throw the tea growths/see a tea plantation but for nowI'm off to do some laundry.
Nichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:08 AM   #113  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 286.8/198.8/150ish

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraRVA42011 View Post
Happy Tuesday all!Menopause is kicking me in the butt today. I've not had a decent sleep in days and it caught up with me this morning. The scale hasn't moved despite my really trying not to fog eat. On the good side, I spent much of the weekend batch cooking and have the next two weeks of dinners made. Just have to fill out the rest of my week's menu with breakfasts and lunches.

I'm just going to plough through this and hope to come out the other side soon. I've really cut back on processed foods and am focussing on my water and walking.

Here's to a great day!!
I'm impressed with the food prep, and yes, plow thorough and you will be rewarded soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opheliaphoenix View Post

Starting to come back down a little to 203.8. I hit my water goal of over a gallon, did the elliptical twice, and got in just about 14k steps yesterday, so I think that is all starting to help. Going to keep pushing through and staying on plan to see if I can get back down and into some actual losses again soon.
You'll be back to those losses soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curvynotlumpy View Post
I hope everyone had a good Tuesday. I had a really fun and interesting dining experience last night. I have a standing Monday dinner date with three other women from my church. Two of the women alternate making the entree while the other lady and I alternate weeks for dessert. Last night our host did a Mongolian Hot Pot which is essentially fondue but instead of cheese or chocolate, broth, and instead of bread and or fruit, fresh veggies, meat and fish. You dip your selection into the boiling broth and anything left over after everyone has dipped goes into the broth for soup. It was both delicious and impressive. All the chopping and prep is labor intensive! What a treat on a and foggy night. What I especially liked was how healthy the dinner was. The scale rewarded me by being down another pound.
That sounds like a fun, health, and interesting dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0nty View Post
Happy Tuesday everyone!

Finally back at work today. Busy place with flu taking some of my coworkers out for the week. I did ok with my food plan although I did mindlessly eat a small butter cookie at break. Stopped myself before one turned into 20!
Congratulations on stopping before it got out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichelle View Post
Hey everyone
My flight went well. And I've been enjoying Taiwan!
The weather has been really nice (A little hot today)
We went on 2 walking tours in the past 2 days. And another day wondering around the old streets of Tamsui.
We've been doing A lot of walking which is really good because we are also doing a lot of eating! Haha.
Last night's walking tour ended in a night market so our guided took us to different vendors seeking foods they liked. The guide bought us these rice paper shaved peanut ice cream burito things.... Sounds very odd but surprisingly there were good!
Tomorrow we are going up the Maokong gondola to wonder throw the tea growths/see a tea plantation but for nowI'm off to do some laundry.
Enjoy your trip, and all the walking.

I'm not coughing as much, but I didn't sleep well at all last night. I stuck to plan yesterday, but didn't get on the scale this morning. I'm happy with my progress so far this month, and if I stay in track I should be pleased with the month total. My first class tapes tomorrow night, and I should have the book today. The book is called something like, statistics for people who think they hate statistics. I hope this class isn't too painful. Planning meals will be very key once class begins. Have a great day everyone.
imthegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:24 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Curvy: I got some pasta maker attachments for my stand mixer from and I have to admit I’ve been making more pasta than I should lately. I have noticed that I don’t get the same bloat from the fresh pasta as I do from the store-bought stuff.. Your dinner sounds wonderful, especially to keep warm. What a creative idea! Congrats on your drop

opheliaphoenix: It was pizza night here the night before last, which is what I’m attributing my bump yesterday to. That as well as the fact that I’ve been in the nasty habit of eating something (and not a small snack) right before going to bed. I almost think food hangovers are worse than actual hangovers Feeling a little bit better (I sound better anyway), now if I can just get rid of this cough

Magicsusan: Your homemade pizza sounds wonderful… I may have to do a pizza loaded with veggies soon. A drop is a drop, but it’s always funny how when it’s unexpected, we have to question if the scale is working alright

Laura: Wow! That’s a lot of prep, great job!

Yesterday was like a mini-detox from all of those baked goods. Based on today’s dip, I think I really do need to stick to one of my old goals of no simple carbs (except the two teaspoons of sugar in my coffee). Another snow storm is here, so I’ll get my exercise in shoveling today. We plow the main driveway, but there is always a decent amount of shoveling (built-in exercise) to do.

Have a great day everybody, stay warm, and those who are under the weather, I hope you feel better!

SW: 286.1
GW: 279.0

Week 3
1/14: 280.2 (-0.7)
1/15: 282.4 (+2.2)
1/16: 284.0 (+1.6)
1/17: 281.4 (-2.6)
1/18:
1/19:
1/20:
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:18 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Nichelle: What a wonderful way to experience Taiwan! Walking is such great exercise and you really have the opportunity to experience the geography, sights and sounds in ways that a bus, boat or train tour can't capture. Enjoy that warm weather, too!

RunningRedHead: Simple carbs do me in too! I like your detox plan and strategy for the future. I have a good friend who only indulges in desserts or sweets if it's something truly unique or hasn't had it before so when she indulges she truly enjoys it.

imthegoddess: Glad you're feeling better and that your cough has abated. Good luck with your statistics class! One of my academic weaknesses is math so when I read that I went
Not a whole lot to report today. I need some of Nichelle's and warm weather!

Eating has been mostly on plan and I'm getting my water in which is good. One of my staff is doing a campus sponsored pre-diabetes noon time class where they meet every other week, engage in a Facebook group, log all their food and get weighed at their meetings. The goal is to evaluate personal eating habits, increase movement and lose 7% of their body weight in 22 weeks. It's very reasonable and I like the support aspect of it. I'm proud of him for making a decision about his long-term health. Hopefully his supervisor (me) will have as good as results.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:34 PM   #116  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Curvy: That does sound like a fun dining experience! That's so nice that you guys do that together and get to try new things in the process. And, it's great that your campus is sponsoring that class...I hope he does well with it!

M0nty: Good job catching yourself before mindlessly snacking on a ton of cookies!

Nichelle: I'm happy to hear that it's going so well so far!

imthegoddess: I certainly hope so! And, I hope we both get better sleep tonight.

RunningRedHead: Glad you're starting to feel better! Hope you can kick the cough soon, too.

----------------------------------------------------

Weigh-in is randomly up almost 3 full pounds today for no reason at 206.6... I was on-plan with the food, my water goal, and the exercise. The only thing I can think of is staying up super late last night - about 4 am - and getting super restless sleep for the time that I was actually able to be asleep. Other than that, this seems a little crazy for a normal fluctuation...lol. I'm going to be taking a rest day today on the exercise and trying to go to bed early, and we'll see what the scale says tomorrow. I almost didn't want to post today's reading because it seems so off, but I'm staying accountable and watching those patterns to learn what does what to my body.

Week Three
15: 204.6
16: 203.8
17: 206.6
18:
19:
20:
21:
----------------------------
End of Week Two: 203.6
Total Loss for Week Three:

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:15 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 235/216/199 (onederland)

Height: 5'7

Hi all!!

2018 - New year, Kinda New Me!

I'm Lia, 23, 5'7 and weigh 216 lbs. I'm a londoner and a student. I want to lose 75-80 lbs this year which is around 1.5-1.8 lbs per week range. So nothing speedy but slow and steady!

I'm not following any diet cos it stresses me out and as I've been yoyoing and going on faddy diet after faddy diet for literally years I'm taking it to basics and doing what I should have done from the beginning - simple calorie counting. I'm aiming for 1200-1500 calories per day alongside working out (walking) 20 mins everyday. Nothing strenuous.

Anyway here goes! I'm going to post my weight everyday, I like the accountability. Obvs there'll be fluctuations but I'm going to try to avoid having that effect my mood!

My goal for the rest of the month is 209 lbs.

17.1 - 216 lbs
FutureVagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 12:53 AM   #118  
90 and then some...

S/C/G: 258/221/180

Height: 5' 8 1/2

Happy Wednesday Everyone,
Day off from work today to get errands done and spend some time with the pups.
The old cranky hip even cooperated enough today to take my doggies for much needed walk to the park. Food plan slipped a bit. I missed my fruit/veggie serving goal but I plan on adding extra tomorrow.

Today
Weight 213.1

Food
Breakfast
MR/Oatmeal/Smoothie
Smoothie

Veggies/Fruits
Frozen strawberries
Baby Spinach

V/F Servings

Lunch
MR/Oatmeal/Smoothie
MR

Veggies/Fruits
1 cup green beans

V/F Servings

Dinner
MR/Oatmeal/Smoothie
Oatmeal

Veggies/Fruits
1 banana

V/F Servings

Snack

Total Veggies/Fruit servings

Physical Activity minutes
16 minute dog walk
10 minute stationery bike
M0nty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 08:42 AM   #119  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

OpheliaPhoenix, it's mad how easy it sometimes is to *keep* eating high fat foods once you start. About your strange 3 pound rise; I get that too. Just like losing nearly a kilo overnight for no obvious reason, I sometimes gain- I think that's what makes doing the weigh-ins no matter what so interesting. And you can still see the overall downward trend on that neat graph function most sites and apps have nowadays. Hope you got a good night's sleep now!

Curvynotlumpy, that Mongolian hot pot sounds like a fab idea for a dinner party. Special, but still healthy. And congrats on the pound loss!

Monty- well done on the cookies. We made the horrible mistake last fall of putting the bowl of leftover Halloween candy in our office to save till xmas (we make gingerbread houses every year). It was carnage. Just one little thing out of the bowl. Just one more little thing out of the bowl. Okay, maybe one more. Oh, the bowl is empty and I've gained five pounds! How did that happen?!

Nichelle- sounds fantastic! Have fun at the tea plantation, and keep walking off the yummy food

Imthegoddess, hope you get some sleep. Trying to concentrate on a class when you're tired isn't funny. I'm also still struggleing with organization and meal planning.

Runningredhead- Oh, don't worry, I also question my scale when I gain

Greetings, Futurevagabond! Sounds like a maintainable plan. Welcome and good luck!

I actually (*gasp*) went jogging yesterday morning. DH was in the hospital for a couple nights to fix a problem with his arm and I woke up around 3:30 and couldn't sleep. It was oddly warm, so I just thought, what the heck, let's do it. Ten minutes in, the cold front comes plowing through- sleet, thunder and lightening, hefty temperature drop. It was hilarious. :\ But at least I ran! A bit... Still working on vegan meals that people will actually eat, logging my food, trying to get at least a couple ks walk in every day.

Not surprising, the scale was up a couple hundred grams, but after the unexplained 800g loss, I figure it's just water fluctuation.

Last edited by Magicsusan; 01-18-2018 at 08:44 AM. Reason: General incompetence.
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 08:58 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

FutureVagabond: to 3FC. It sounds like you’ve set yourself up with a solid plan. Good luck!

opheliaphoenix: It sounds like you've hit the nail on the head about your upswing being tied to your sleep (or lack thereof). Inadequate rest has a huge role in weight loss, usually affecting cortisol levels, causing you to retain fluid and become bloated. Way to be on plan yesterday and good for you staying accountable and posting today. I’ve definitely had a few days like that lately I hope you’re able to get all the rest your body needs today.

curvy: Only indulging if it’s something unique or new sounds like a great idea! I may have to borrow it What a great way to take control of long-term health and wellness. Good luck to you and your coworker.

Magicsusan: That’s great that you were able to get a run it, albeit a short one.

SW: 286.1
GW: 279.0

Week 1
1/2: 286.1
1/3: 285.5 (-0.6)
1/4: 284.4 (-1.1)
1/5: 285.2 (+0.8)
1/6: 284.7 (-0.5)

Week 2
1/7: 283.9 (-0.8)
1/8: 285.6 (+1.7)
1/9: 284.0 (-1.6)