Old 01-20-2018, 02:08 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

and happy Saturday!

I’m out and about today so just a quick check in to wish everyone a great day! I’ll post personals tomorrow.

curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 02:12 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Laura: Congratulations on your NSV! It’s great that you and your husband are able to do this together. Have fun at IKEA!

Traveller: Hello there I’ve been having similar problems with evenings this week, eating too much too close to bed (not to mention too much of foods I should be limiting). Good for you recognizing the binge and taking steps to eliminate the food. This week will be better

Today is day one of two of overnights, then back to a normal schedule for the week. Planning on exercise for half an hour to see if it helps my back loosen up (it's not bad, just achey) before I start to get ready for work. Have a fantastic weekend everyone

SW: 286.1
GW: 279.0

Week 1
1/2: 286.1
1/3: 285.5 (-0.6)
1/4: 284.4 (-1.1)
1/5: 285.2 (+0.8)
1/6: 284.7 (-0.5)

Week 2
1/7: 283.9 (-0.8)
1/8: 285.6 (+1.7)
1/9: 284.0 (-1.6)
1/10: 281.0 (-3.0)
1/11: 282.8 (+1.8)
1/12: NWI
1/13: 280.9 (-1.9)

Week 3
1/14: 280.2 (-0.7)
1/15: 282.4 (+2.2)
1/16: 284.0 (+1.6)
1/17: 281.4 (-2.6)
1/18: 281.9 (+0.5)
1/19: 282.4 (+0.5)
1/20: 281.3 (-1.1)
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 03:00 PM   #138  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Just popping in really quick today...will do personals tomorrow!

The scale is saying I'm randomly back up 2 lbs to 206.2 today, so I'm just going to accept that this is not going to be a good week for me, lol. I'm staying on-plan through it all, but I'm afraid to even look again until TOM is out of town. I'll keep checking out of morbid curiosity, though...this crazy up-and-down bloating is making me feel like a Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade balloon!

Week Three
15: 204.6
16: 203.8
17: 206.6
18: 203.8 - TOM.
19: 204.2 - TOM.
20: 206.2 - TOM.
21:
----------------------------
End of Week Two: 203.6
Total Loss for Week Three:

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 03:47 PM   #139  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Hey all!

We just got back from Ikea and I'm delighted to report that I was able to enjoy the meatballs and still be in my calorie range: by opting for the kids meal size! Instead of 690 calories, my meal came to 325 and I still got to savour the wonderful Swedish meatballs!

Have a great day!!
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:11 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 235/216/199 (onederland)

Height: 5'7

January goal 209lbs.

17.1 - 216 lbs
18.1 - 217 lbs
19.1 - DNW
20.1 - DNW
21.1 - 218 lbs. Spent 2 days with friends and fell back in to old habits. Who you spend time with is v important. My friends are foodies and love to eat everything and I can't be like that anymore as it's not good for me to be barely 23 and can't climb stairs without being out of breath. Not going to beat myself up about the 2lb gain, just moving onwards.
FutureVagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 12:22 PM   #141  

Good morning

Is it just me or do the weekends go way too fast??!!!

Laura: So happy that your trip to Ikea went very well. I think being able to get the same food in child size servings is a great way to still indulge without feeling the guilt. I can vividly remember trips to and my mother would always, always order the Happy Meal. Clearly she was ahead of her time in this regard. On another note, did you find some good stuff at Ikea or did you go just for the meatballs? I live about 20 minutes away from Ikea here in Northern California and whether I buy anything or not it's always worth the trip.

FutureVagabond: The environment where you spend time with friends can absolutely be either supportive or detrimental to your weight loss efforts. I think you gained some important insight about yourself, knowing your limits and strategizing for the next time you're together or in the same situation. Good on you for being 23 and recognizing these red flags!

opheliaphoenix: Since you're on plan with everything else, no doubt that it's TOM that is giving you grief. You have a good plan and the great thing about TOM is that it's in town for only a limited time each month.

Traveller: Losses during the holidays isn't an easy thing to do! Clearly you know what works for you. Anything different going on in your life that's getting you up during the night to snack? Are you eating enough during the day?

RunningRedHead!
Today is going to be a low key day. I have a recipe for a hearty vegetable lentil soup that I'm thinking about throwing together later today. Aside from that my kitchen table has turned junky again so it's time to declutter it and get it back to presentable.

Everyone have a great rest of your Sunday!
Old 01-21-2018, 03:43 PM   #142  
|| Casey ||

Laura: That's awesome that IKEA has that smaller portion available so that you could get your fix without the guilt!

FutureVagabond: You're learning your trigger situations very quickly, so I have no doubt that you will be successful in your efforts as you apply those lessons to your decisions in the future...and, I bet that little bump up will be gone in no time, as well!

Curvy: That's true! It's nice to know that TOM has a pretty quick expiration date each month...sometimes it's nice to me, some months its not, and this is just one of those months. I will be glad when it is over! Haha. And, let us know how your soup turns out...sounds delicious!

----------------------------------------------------

The TOM yo-yoing continues with a weigh-in back down a little to 204.4...which means I am ending Week Three with a bit of a gain overall from last week. I've stayed on plan, so I'm hoping that - once TOM is over sometime in the next few days - it will all come back down, and I will have something to show for my efforts soon. Fingers crossed, and here's to an awesome Week Four for us all!

Week Three
15: 204.6
16: 203.8
17: 206.6
18: 203.8 - TOM.
19: 204.2 - TOM.
20: 206.2 - TOM.
21: 204.4 - TOM.
End of Week Two: 203.6
Total Loss for Week Three: +0.6 lbs.

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 01-21-2018 at 03:43 PM.
Old 01-21-2018, 04:35 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Curvy: Your soup sounds wonderful! Let me know how it comes out and good luck with the decluttering (that’s been my goal this month )

opheliaphoenix: You’re doing great staying on plan, it will pay off when TOM is over.

I used the stationary bike for half an hour and then did some (very) light free weights and stretching before work yesterday because I couldn’t sleep. I didn’t wake up early enough to get that done today so I’m counting it as a rest day and will get back at it tomorrow afternoon when I wake up. Tomorrow morning I’m catching up with an old friend after work for breakfast; we’re going to this small locally owned place that opens every morning at 7:30 and has the most awesome mimosas and menu. Hope everyone has a nice night.

SW: 286.1
GW: 279.0

Week 4
1/21: 281.7 (+0.4)
1/22:
1/23:
1/24:
1/25:
1/26:
1/27:
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:03 AM   #144  

curvynotlumpy I was experimenting with dropping to 1000 calories which some need to do around 165 pounds I've read (if active some can leave calories at 1200 though). I think it backfired big time. I hope I am able to lose with calories at 1200 so I don't struggle more with my diet and hunger. Your soup sounds great! Its less healthy than homemade I am sure, but I picked up 4 cans of Progresso lentil soup which I normally eat in 2 meals with a can of low-sodium V-8 juice with each.

RunningRedHead I hope you are over your nighttime eating spell like I seem to be. WTG on the exercise too.

OpheliaPhoenix sorry for TOM bloating. All the water you drink will make it go away soon, promise! You have been doing great other than one slip up with pizza and it probably just put you over calories 400-500 which is ounces, not pounds less loss is all. Salt gets me too.

LauraRV42011 what a great idea at IKEA! I usually get the salmon and veggies there but the portion of salmon is really big, I wonder if they have a kid portion of it too?

FutureVagabond you can lose it quickly I expect when you get back into a routine. I hope you had a good time with your friends!

Back on track 2 days and I am down to 173.8 today which is great. I KNOW its water weight mainly if I overeat but I still briefly panic when the scale moves up 2-3.5 pounds overnight afraid it will take 2 weeks to go back down. lol Just 4 more pounds until the 160s for me. 14 pounds to no longer be overweight! A long way from my 295# December 27, 2016.

Last edited by Traveller; 01-22-2018 at 09:05 AM.
Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:11 AM   #145  
NOOM user

Happy Monday!!

Curvy we found a great load of stuff!! Most significantly is that my husband revealed to me that he had wanted to get me a bar cart for Christmas but they were too expensive. We have a perfect spot for a small cart in our living room and I've always wanted a little bar. As we were looking around the showroom, he spotted a steel-looking bathroom cart that had an organizing insert on the top and then three silver shelves. It was the perfect size! When we got home we assembled it and then stocked it with a matching ice cube bucket we had already, special glassware, a shaker set, and a variety of liquors. I really loved it! I also got some closet organizing things so I was able to step up my closet game more. If anyone is interested in following my adventures, I post a lot on Instagram (photo of the cart and my meal are there!)

So, I had a zero sum weekend (no gain, no loss). We did eat every meal out on Saturday so I stayed off the scale for fear of the sodium gain. Weighed in this morning and was the same as my Friday weight. I have two weeks left in the Diet Bet and am 6 pounds away, so I'm really working hard to not lose my money!!

Busy weekend spent continuing to organize and clean. Had all my chores done by noon on Sunday and went out for a walk in the sun. Hit my step goal by 1pm, so I allowed myself an afternoon of rest. All in all a nice weekend.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 01-22-2018, 11:35 AM   #146  
Gizmo

Laura how neat that you found the perfect cart for that space. I love going to Ikea, even if we don't buy anything. Much success in the next two weeks on your diet bet.

Traveller 1000 calories sounds really low for someone who exercises daily. Hope you make it work at 1200. Your results are inspiring, you're where I want to be.

RuuningRedHead great job on the exercise! Hope you had a nice breakfast out with your friend. I love a good breakfast restaurant. Eggs benedict are my thing but I don't (can't) make it at home so it's a real treat when we eat out for breakfast (which is not often to be honest).

opheliaphoenix TOM is only temporary but you're so consistent with your efforts that the weight will move soon. You're so close to Onederland, it's as if your body is toying with you.

curvynotlumpy our kitchen table is also in need of de-cluttering. It's a recurring ritual. If we actually ate at the table we would keep it clear of stuff but we usually eat in the living room (bad habit I know). Did you end up making that lentil soup? A perfect meal on a Winter's night.

FutureVagabond don't let time with friends get you down. So much of the socializing we do is centered around food. It becomes about making healthier choices and you can do it.

Nothing new to report. Just walking Loki or tidying up the appartment sends me into a coughing fit. People are saying that I should expect three weeks of this. I can't even think of exercising yet and it's gotten me down. It feels like this month is a wash. But reading about everyone's hard work and successes is the one thing keeping me hopeful right now. Keep up the great work everyone!

Last edited by Martine; 01-22-2018 at 11:37 AM.
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:15 PM   #147  

Good morning
and dreary here today, but also warmer than a typical January day. Weight was up a pound most likely due to eating later and having more salt than usual. Will be drinking all my water today.

Laura: Bar carts are all the rage! Your excursion to Ikea sounds wonderful; food and shopping! Those little carts are great. I've always been interested in buying one but don't have clue how I'd use it right now. One thing I have to avoid when I go there is to have a list because they have so many things I could talk myself into buying because I could use it for "something."

Traveller: Glad to hear that the scale is moving it's way back in the right direction. Good luck finding your right calorie range (both high and low). Once you drop enough weight it often takes some experimenting to continue losing and/or find your maintenance calories. Enjoy your new lease on life, Traveller. You've literally worked your tail off!

RunningRedHead: I hope your meet up with your friend was enjoyable and that you had a good breakfast. Breakfast is my favorite meal so whenever I can swing it, that is my chosen meal out.

opheliaphoenix: I echo your statement, let's all rock week four!
My soup turned out delicious and was an excellent way to use up odds and ends in my refrigerator and freezer. I ended up using about six cups of stock, lentils, green beans, broccoli, half of a small onion, celery and carrots. I did use a homemade seasoning salt mix and pepper to taste but when I make this again I'll add either some dried or fresh herbs. It was easy to prep and I liked that I could do other things while it simmered. Now I have my lunch for the week! Thanks to everyone who asked!
Old 01-22-2018, 01:38 PM   #148  
NOOM user

Quote:
Originally Posted by curvynotlumpy View Post
Laura: Bar carts are all the rage! Your excursion to Ikea sounds wonderful; food and shopping! Those little carts are great. I've always been interested in buying one but don't have clue how I'd use it right now. One thing I have to avoid when I go there is to have a list because they have so many things I could talk myself into buying because I could use it for "something."
Oh, I hear ya!! We have a standing criteria: "if it comes into the house, something has to leave". We do our best not to hoard. The exception was the bar cart because we weren't updating an existing piece. And, we rarely get out of there for less than $200 at a time, but everything we've ever gotten from there has been very useful and we have yet to wear something out or throw it away.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:04 PM   #149  
|| Casey ||

RunningRedHead: Ooh, the breakfast plan sounds lovely...hope you had a good time this morning!

Traveller: You have come so far and are doing GREAT! You will hit that next milestone in no time!

Laura: Great re-use of the IKEA cart! I just followed you. (@projectcasey)

Martine: Right!? I feel the same way...it's like I am so close to Onederland that TOM had to come early just to mess with me. I guess this whole last week will just make it all the sweeter to finally get there, lol. And, I really do hope you start feeling better soon...I hate that you've had to be sick for so long!

Curvy: I'll be drinking tons of water with you today! And, now I want some soup...lol.

----------------------------------------------------

The scale was down a smidge back to 203.8, so I'm hoping this is the beginning of a downward trend again, since I think this is my last day of TOM. Fingers crossed! I didn't hit my water goal yesterday of two bottles, but I still got in one (2.2 L)...going to focus on trying to get in that second one today. I also did a full hour straight on the elliptical for the first time yesterday! So, building up my stamina a little is at least one good thing going on for me this week, health-wise...lol.

On a side note, in case any of you have been wanting to go see it, my husband and I went out to the movies this weekend and saw The Greatest Showman...it was really good! Lots of beautiful visuals and scenes, a solid soundtrack, and great acting. I was surprised that critics are rating it on the lower side (most seem to think it wasn't enough of a historically accurate tale of P.T. Barnum's life for their taste, ignoring that it was a musical inspired by it instead of a full-on drama/biopic), but the audience score is understandably high. My husband typically hates musicals, but even he really liked it...so, thumbs up from both of us!

Week Four
22: 203.8 - TOM.
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
End of Week Three: 204.4
Total Loss for Week Four:

Old 01-23-2018, 08:22 AM   #150  
NOOM user

OpheliaPhoenix followed you back!! Wow, an hour on the elliptical, nice one!! I have to also thank you for recommending @fatgirlfedup. She is so positive and inspiring!! I followed her California adventures this weekend and I must admit her "rise and grind" attitude to every day inspired something in me. I was looking at my Tuesday calendar and there was literally NO room in my workday to take an hour to walk around campus, so I set my alarm for 5 am and got my butt into the gym to run on the treadmill first thing so I knew I had made the most effort to exercise. I was going to run for 35 minutes with a 5 minute cool down, but around the 15 minute mark I started getting really bad cramps and had to cut the run short to use the bathroom. Odd new thing I'm dealing with today...

On a brighter note, the other menopause symptoms seem to be easing off so I'm getting better sleeps now. YAY!

Scale continues downward and I'm ounces away from my halfway point. Hopefully tomorrow. Then I'll "only" need to lose 5lbs to reach my Diet Bet goal.

Have a great Tuesday all!!