Old 09-01-2015, 03:56 PM   #91  
will it ever stick??? lol

S/C/G: 283.6/236.8/155

Height: 5'6

lemon Haha not too young, im 26 in a month but a little too soon hopefully in a year though!
Amberkkski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:34 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Amber: Oh heck, I don't know, I was engaged in a year of dating DH. But I think it would be funny if that were part of your weekend. 26 is a good age, I always wanted to be married by 28 but ended up marrying in my 30s. Good things happen to those who wait!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:55 PM   #93  
mam1958

S/C/G: 307/267/160

Height: 5'6"

Hey violets,

Had my check after surgery. Yahoo everything is ok. No cancer left. Surgery took it all out. Dr. said I have a 5% chance of getting it back.
I was lucky and it was stage one.

I now can start walking. 3 times a day for 10 minutes to start with. In 2 weeks I can start on light weights. Yahoo.

The day before surgery it was my wedding anniversary 30 years. Cause of prep for surgery all I could do was drink water all day no food at all.

Today DH and I went out for our 30 anniversary dinner and to celebrate my good news from surgery.

I did not make good choices but it was planned. Went to olive garden ordered eggplant parm. (didn't like it) Left most of it. I mostly ate garlic bread sticks salad. Pick at a few things.

Tomorrow I am starting with a clean slate and will start to walk. Weather permitting. I will have to start early in the morning.

Lemon it is humid here also.

Amber 26 is when I got married it's a good age.

Amber just wanted to let you know that on Saturdays in Quincy Market there is a big Famers Market with incredible buys on fruits and veggies. Bring a cooler. Also at the end of the day they are almost giving the fish away, cause they are not open on Sunday.

I have gotten Haddock 3lbs for $10.00. It all depends what is left over.
Grapes are 2lbs for a $1.00. Melons 2 for a dollar. On and ON.

And Quincy Market is a great place to walk around and there is a horse drawn carriage you can take around town. Loved that.

LG

Last edited by mam1958; 09-01-2015 at 05:57 PM.
mam1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:36 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 230/150/150

Height: 5'7

Mam- I am so glad to hear your post op check up went well! And of course super glad to hear the cancer is gone!!!!! Congrats!!!!

I got my steps in today, I'm at 11,000 and it's not even 8pm. Took two walks and ran some errands. Might try to get one more short walk in after dinner, but that might be pushing it, haha.
LesGetFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 06:20 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 294/275/160

Hi everyone. I've been up since 3 with a migraine so hopefully this makes some sense. I weighed in at work yesterday and lost another 3 lbs. Yay! I've decided to keep a journal and if it goes in my mouth I have to write it down. I'm also using the "lose it" app on my phone to keep track of the calories. I'm trying to figure out how to get it to change the calories since it's saying I should be eating 2200 calories and that seems a little too high to me. I have noticed that if I eat fruits, especially apples or bananas or too much starch without protein, I get light headed even though my sugar is still "normal" I also get cranky and sleepy. I have a column in my journal that I put my sugar level and any symptoms I have. Maybe if the doctor sees that it may give her a clue as to what is happening with me. I'm not blaming her for not having the answers. She told me that my symptoms are not lining up with anything definite yet. I have symptoms but the sugar is normal. I had 2 episodes where the fasting sugar dropped to 48 and 54. The one was a metabolic panel my primary sent me for and the other was when I ate breakfast but didn't eat anything else till dinner. Those have her concerned but all the tests she's sent me for have come back normal.

Of course my insurance forces me to stay "in network" so if my doctor is affiliated with 1 hospital network, I have to see only doctors in that network or pay the cost myself (which is not in the budget right now), so I keep plodding on and trying to fix it myself.

I'm chuckling as I read the ages you all were married. I was 19 when I got married to DH. We were both in the Army, both Military Police. I got to my permanent duty station in January of 1979, which is when I met him. We were married in April of 1979. We've had our ups and downs but all in all it's been a wonderful life. I always tell people, when you know, you know.
My 3 kids are grown. 2 still live at home, but my oldest is married and I have 2 beautiful granddaughters. I don't have anyone to send to school anymore. But I get a kick out of watching the little ones and their parents standing at the bus stop down the street. I wish I could harness the energy of those kids. They never stop moving. Even when the bus is pulling up and they are standing in line to get on they're bouncing up and down. lol

I think I'm rambling now so I better stop. I'm sorry I'm not talking individually to everyone. Hopefully I can get into the swing of posting here soon.Hope everyone has a great day.
Firewife3041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 08:52 AM   #96  

lemon I just want to pop a baby out by 30 so im giving him another year to ask! hahah

mam That is such fantastic news!! So glad to hear things are looking good for you And you can get some walking it too that really is great. That stinks you didn't like the eggplant. I go a little overboard with the breadsticks and dip them in the alfredo omg so good. Im definitely going to check out Quincy market thanks for the tip!

firewife very nice loss this week! and wow I cant even begin to imagine being married at 19!

I have to admit I was always bad at picking men and this is the first healthy relationship ive been in and I Know hes the one but I don't want to rush things still. Were finally moving into a bigger place soon so im happy with that! lol
Old 09-02-2015, 09:09 AM   #97  

Fire: I use the Noom app, which I can calorie count, put in my exercise and weight (the free portion, I don't have a paid version). It seems to work well, my calories it has at about 1600 a day I think, my phones not in front of me. If I add my exercise, it adds calories to that current day. I seem to have luck with it. I seem to recall at the beginning I had to log in w/my current stats and then what I'd like to be, so it adjusts for that and I think activity level as well.

The food journal will be a huge help for them. Especially since you are having symptoms when you have eaten certain things. Another thought, you aren't having a weird food allergy are you? My former IL thought she had lupus and they were treating her for such and in the end, after going to mayo because nothing was treating her symptoms, it was found she had 3 weird food allergies that were mimicking symptoms that had nothing to do with Lupus. So keep track of the food, you may also see areas were you might eat more/less due to stress or family. It's good to go armed w/proof and a defense. Sorry that insurance locks you into one system. I have had that to, most of the doctors I have enjoyed having, there are a few that I feel should no longer be practicing, but I think you will find that wherever you go.

Amber: I think I will send you good thoughts for a love filled weekend. The ideas Mam gave you sound lovely! I'd sure love a good farmers market. When I went to Seattle to visit I loved Pike Place, so many neat things to see, experience and taste.

Les
: Keep moving! I haven't been doing the best this week, I am trying to fit all the new school year and activities into my schedule, work with DHs schedule, but his has been flaky this week w/after work meetings for his clubs he belongs to, blood donation etc. We live about 45 minutes from his place of employ, so that eats up time as well. My kids are too young to leave by themselves and I don't have a sitter (usually my ILs, but they work) on a daily basis. So I will be needing to find something that works right for my schedule. I use to be one who could get up at 5 am licketysplit and go work out, lets just say, not anymore!

Mam:
yeah for movement. Even better on NO CANCER! WOOT! That's a wonderful piece of news. How often will you have to go in for monitoring and when is your remission time frame? Mine was after 5 years I was considered cured. That was 18 years ago when it was first removed. Fight on dear lady! Don't let that crap ever come back.

Hello Violets!

AM: Struggling w/the whole back to school, reorganize my life schedule while one child is at school and the other is here with me type thing. Always a bit of an upheaval until you find how to rearrange your day to fit the schedule. Have I gotten back to the gym yet, no. Have I been perfect on calories/carbs, no, I had a small ice cream last night (less then a 1/2 cup scoop, so carb wise fine). But I felt like I could eat a house last night. So that tells me I was probably short on protein once again. DRAT.

Tomorrow I measure and weigh. Let's hope it looks good. At least staying in the the 240s. I do hope that is.

Have any of you with your kids been bamboozled by their constant messes? I so long for a clean room w/everything put away that lasts for more than an hour. I can't even have a clean bedroom for that long I swear, my DH can be a slob too. The old bachelor ways of dropping dirty clothes in the corner, kicked off size 14 man shoes by the outside door to the closet, towels on the floor? That's just him. The kids - every toy pulled out, cushions on the floor, food stuck to places I didn't think possible. I am overwhelmed w/keeping my house clean. I'd like to order a magic fairy to come in and tackle it all!

I think today I will blame my weight and sporadic eating of strange things on this! Sad I know, but for them moment it made me chuckle.

Ok off to slay my day and all the crap floating around my house and get the laundry in. I aim to eat well today and the ice cream can just stay in it's bucket!
Old 09-02-2015, 09:40 AM   #98  

Firewife- I am using the lose it app as well, and it seems to really be helping me. I told it I was totally sedentary, because I was at the time. It put me at about 1600 calories, and if you add exercise, it gives you some back. I do not add my walking, because 7,750 steps are factored in automatically. Anything over that amount of steps, and again, they give you back some calories. I try not to eat those extra calories back, but if I am actually truly hungry, I will. Each time I lose a little weight, they shrink my calories down. Right now I am at a little over 1500 per day. I'm using the same username there if you want to add me as a friend.

Amberkkski- I hope you have a fabulous trip. Glad you finally found a great guy. I'm with you, I wouldn't rush the marriage either. Glad about the bigger place though, you must be so excited! I've never been married, it wasn't even legal for me to do so until recently. And now that it is, I don't think I'll be rushing to the altar with anyone anytime soon hahaha.

Lemon- no kids here, but my house is messy just the same. Today will be a major cleaning day for me as well. Hopefully your schedule gets a little easier. I have never been a morning person, so getting up at 5 to work out will never happen. Your eating will probably balance out as you adjust to new routine.

As for me, I lost another pound today, which makes three days in a row. I know this won't last forever but for now it feels nice. TOM in a week though, and I'm sure the scale will go crazy then. Hope everyone has a good Wednesday!

Last edited by LesGetFit; 09-02-2015 at 09:42 AM.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:25 AM   #99  

Thanks everyone, youre getting me even more excited!!

LetsGetFit Im glad youre able to get married if you chose to though! And youre having a great week congrats
Old 09-02-2015, 05:08 PM   #100  

Well the day has flown by and I don't think I have accomplished anything that I wanted, though the 8 loads of laundry is about done - just the towel loads now. I have a beer beef stew in the oven, the house smells lovely. It's a fall recipe I love, however it's not feeling fall like here - rather hot and humid w/storms possibly. But it's a good stew to have, it's beef, mushrooms, carrots, celery, potatoes, onions, diced tomatoes and a can of beer and cond. cream of mushroom and an onion soup mix (I just made my own) w/a bit of worchestshire. The only draw back is I love to have fresh bread w/it. I will not do that this evening. If I loose the 100lbs, then I can go back to having it with fresh bread in the near future.

Amber: Enjoy your trip. Are you going by train?

Les: How'd the house cleaning go? I pick up my little one pulls out, it's a vicious circle!

AM: I weigh in tomorrow and measure it all. I do hope there is something different. I aim to fit into my wedding ring again. It's been sitting for about 6 months collecting dust. That is really my first mini goal - getting the ring to fit and even spin again. Soon enough i guess.

I have baby gifts I should be working on, but haven't really started other than knowing what I am doing. One babe is already here and the other in a few weeks. My motivation comes and goes w/this but that's its own long story.

Well, off to work some more on my list. Wishing you all well. I just needed a quick pop in for enlightenment. This afternoon has been not easy on the snacking. Did anyone ever say loosing weight is difficult? Especially when I swear food calls my name? I will have to cycle harder and longer I am guessing this evening. And maybe try to get out of the house by 5am to do that again tomorrow.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:08 AM   #101  

lemon That stew sounds delicious Were going to drive there, our hotel is close to the subway so just park it for the weekend and take advantage of the subway.

Had a good day yesterday UNTIL night time I stayed within my points made my healthy after dinner treat and then all of a sudden 2 smores and some milk just ended up in my hands :O lol But I got some serious motivation today!!! Im thick all over which I guess is good but ive always hated how big my calves are (never even had wide width boots fit) and I ordered a pair from Old Navy they just arrived and holy crap they zipper up!!!! I have a little muffin top thing going on but I think within 10lbs that should be gone. That def just gave me the extra motivation I needed !!!
Old 09-03-2015, 08:49 AM   #102  

Amber: have safe travels and an enjoyable time!

Morning Violets!

AM: Well my weigh in is still the same. I am guessing that I am seriously going to have to count calories as well as I am the carb count. Someplace in there I doing something wrong because my weight is unchanged. Maybe it was my small scoop of ice cream or maybe the things I didn't realize were around me that I put in my mouth? I don't know. The only thing I don't like about my Noom app is that I can't (that I know of) just add the calories for the meal I prepped and made. That's a downfall for me. Alas, I will try to keep with it. I'd surely like to see a smaller number, but today it wasn't there. I have yet to take my measurements, maybe that will be enlightening. Probably not though. I'll update if it's anything significant.

I did get to the gym and moved last night. I was able to figure out the recumbent cross trainer and did that after my 45 minute bike time. I added some more weight to arms and 5 more reps, so that was good. They are still as bat-wing as they can be, but some movement is better than no movement.

I think I am a bit low today. Fab. Dumb things like the scale looking at me I suppose. Oh well, life moves forward doesn't it. Happy Thursday to you all.

Last edited by lemonthyme; 09-03-2015 at 08:50 AM.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:19 AM   #103  
mam1958

S/C/G: 307/267/160

Hey violets,

Last hot day here Yeah.

Amber it is going to be beautiful this week-end here. Enjoy your time in Boston.

Lemon don't get down on yourself. You are exercising great. Just maybe you have to tweak your program. Are you measuring your food? Maybe that is it. I know I tend to eat more then I need to when I don't measure.

I went to the site Calorie Calculator to find out how much to eat. You fill it out and it tells you how much to eat to stay the same, lose 1 or 2 pounds. Even how many to gain.

I was really surprised with this site maybe someway that can help. I thought you had to eat 3,500 calories to put on pound on but it's not true.

That's way my binges are so damaging.

Does anyone else binge incredible amounts of food? Sometimes I can binge and keep going consuming thousands of calories before stopping.

I am just a sugar addict. Once I start I can't stop.

LG
mam1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 09:50 AM   #104  

Mam: mine can be fresh baked cookies, and if I am not watchful I swear at least a 1/2 dozen have been gobbled up. I have remedied somewhat - I put them in plastic containers and take down to the basement freezer. That way they are there for my kids should they want a cookie, but I have a tendency to forget them partly because the whole schlepping to the basement is just another thing in my day.

The one thing my doctor said on the carb counting is that its one of the most healthy ways to diet. I know I had luck before, but I was also checking my blood sugars 4X a day and I had to call that in, so maybe I was more stringent?

Yes, I will have to start watching the calories and measuring. I aim to find a food scale this weekend when I am visiting my mom. She lives in a bigger city, so running to the store is easier than here (45 mins ea way). Plus I will have a kid sitter to boot as long as I make sure my trip isn't super long. I think that and keeping a food journal will help me get on track again. I do know I need to up my water intake too as it's been lagging except when I work out, then I have about 32 oz during and then a big glass when I get home. I just wish the weight leaving was a lot easier for all of us. I do have to remember it did not all go on overnight so it won't fall all off overnight either - but one could hope!

I did loose a 1/4" off my butt. My waist is smaller this week then last, but maybe thats because of measuring after I ate? IDK. Will see what next week says and then I will make a call. I will keep pedaling, that is a help I know. I don't hurt as much when I do move the body. It gets older it gets creaky from lack of use.

Must look up and not down or backwards. Maybe I can take a pound off today? Here's hoping!
Old 09-03-2015, 01:18 PM   #105  

Amber- that's great about the boots! That's an awesome NSV! Now you take your awesome new boots on your trip. And you know, sometimes we all need to eat a couple s'mores to make life enjoyable.

Mam- Before I started tracking food and calories, I would binge like crazy, mostly at night. I was the type who would go salty, sweet, salty, sweet, all night long. And chasing it with coke the whole time. I honestly don't know how I didn't end up much bigger. Tracking the food helps a lot, and seeing my weight graph on the Lose It app is helping so much after finally dropping a few pounds in a row. Now I can mostly avoid going over my daily calories.

Lemon- do not worry about the scale! Mine did not move for days, and now I have lost a pound every day for 4 days. I probably will start gaining some water weight soon due to TOM, so I'll be easy on myself with the weigh ins. Tracking calories has been a big help for me, as I said to Mam, so I would definitely give it a shot. The Lose It app has made it really easy for me. And woohoo for a smaller butt and waist!

As for me, after a relaxing first month, I am now slammed with work and family stuff. Having to deal with some real stressing things has made me eat a little more and walk a little less. Hoping to turn it around, but it's tough when you get stressed out. It's not like this is the only time I will get stressed during this long process, so I better learn how to deal with stuff and diet at the same time.

Last edited by LesGetFit; 09-03-2015 at 01:20 PM.