Old 08-19-2015, 04:33 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 230/150/150

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone. I'm new and looking to join some threads for support and encouragement. Not sure of my starting weight, as I have been scale phobic my whole life. I am guessing around 230-240, based on my last doctor's visit weight, and thinking I have gained at least 20lbs since then. I am going to buy a scale very soon so I can see some hard numbers, facing reality may be hard but should help motivate me. I am 5'7" and mid-thirties.

I have stopped all sodas, which I used to drink all day. Haven't had one in two weeks, so hopefully that has jump started me. For the last week, I have been tracking all calories with an app, and walking and doing some water exercises in the pool.

Looking forward to knowing you all!

Last edited by LesGetFit; 08-25-2015 at 11:36 PM.
LesGetFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 06:03 PM   #17  
mam1958

S/C/G: 307/267/160

Height: 5'6"

Hey violets,

Still having a hard time right now between the heat and recovering from surgery.

I still holding steady at the same weight. Just need to not feel like I have to feed myself cause I am recovering. At least I have learned if I over do at lunch I can eat less at supper.

One trick I have been doing is making orange creamsicles. Delish.

I walked around the store today. Was tired after dr. said I could only walk a little. Still was tired but left good.

Supper is grilled chicken and grilled zucchini and summer squash.

Glitter sorry but I would love 50 degree weather. You are talking to " Hot Momma" here coined by a co-worker hehe!!!!

WE are getting the HHH's YUK!!! Hate it I love those crisp fall days. I live in Massachusetts. I just love the fall season.

Les welcome Your approach sounds great.

If you don't mind were are you from. I love to learn about different areas in the country. But it is so much better through the eyes of someone that lives there.

LG
mam1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 07:33 PM   #18  

Hi Mam1958! Sorry to hear about your surgery, hope your recovery is swift and you feel better very soon! I feel you on the hot thing, because I am in Florida and sweating everyday. We are having 100 degree days that feel more like 110. And it's so humid. Makes it hard to get out and walk, but thankfully I have a small pool I can dip into afterwards, and I'm doing some light water aerobics as well.

Last edited by LesGetFit; 08-19-2015 at 07:34 PM.
Old 08-20-2015, 06:20 AM   #19  
mam1958

Les,

I too have a pool but can't go in it.

I have been to Florida at this time (honeymoon) YUG!!!!

I want to do water aerobics. I have to find a place next to me that offers it.

Today is exciting for me my best friend from school is coming to visit who I have not seen in 30 years. I can't wait to see her.

Today the plan is to have a bbq with veggies and turkey burgers or steak. Haven't decided yet.

Have a good day everyone.

LG
Old 08-20-2015, 06:46 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 294/275/160

Tough time for me right now. Weather is turning to rain and I suffer miserably from weather related migraines. When the barometer moves, my head explodes. So I've been up most of the night trying to take the sledge hammer away from the devil in my head. Getting light headed when I sat up didn't help either.Finally gave up trying to sleep and came here. This is the time I crave Coke the most. I think the caffeine in the soda helps the medication work better. However the taste is comfort. When I was sick as a child, Saltines and Coke over lots of ice to nibble and sip was the remedy Mom used to settle upset tummies. Nice thing is I don't have it in the house so I don't have to fight temptation.

Les I too had scale phobia. I dreaded stepping on the scale. My daughter had to remind me every time I had to weigh myself that it's just a number. It doesn't define who you are. You are wonderful and beautiful regardless of what number the scale shows. However it is important to have an accurate number to start. That way you can track your progress. So don't be afraid to buy a scale and use it. It feels good to see those numbers get smaller and if you stay the same it shows you that a tweak in diet or exercise is needed. Treat it like the tool it is and don't be afraid.

I'm not looking forward to walking the 2 miles uphill to work today. Hopefully the clouds will make it a little cooler. I can't wait till my son finds a car of his own so we don't have to share anymore. But at least for now it is forcing me to exercise 4 days a week and helped my to lose 5 lbs this week. That makes the inconvenience worth it for sure.

I'm going to try to get a little more sleep before the dogs start asking for breakfast and I have to get ready for work. It's going to be a long day.
Firewife3041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:59 AM   #21  

Mam,
I hope you find a pool soon! It has really helped me get started. It's much easier to do the exercises under water. Hope you have a blast with your friend!

Firewife,
I hope you feel better soon. My mother always gave us clear sodas like sprite or 7up when we were sick, I don't know why. I could never drink them much because they made me think of being sick. But I have been addicted to Coca cola my whole life. This is my first two weeks without it. I am still having coffee to keep the headaches away.
I am sharing my car currently, so I understand how frustrating that can be sometimes, haha.

I bought a scale last night, no more guessing.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:04 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 335.8/335.8/150

Height: 5'6''

Hi everyone! Keeping busy here and staying on track (mostly). My plan is mostly calorie counting and cutting back on treats (sugary things and chips...) The summer is winding down and next week it is back to school. I teach at a university and classes begin on Monday... I still need to get all my syllabi organized and ready! I hope to get all that done today so I can take Friday off! Have a great day everyone!!
econ nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 10:59 AM   #23  
mam1958

CArol,

Sorry to hear your having one of your migraines. This has been a rough we for us northeasterns. The HHH is not something we are that use of. Looks like it is not gonna go away soon.

At least your are getting your exercise in.

econ one of our fellow violets is also a teacher. Hope she comes join us. So hard to believe summer is almost over.

Les glad you picked up a scale.

My friends on her way.

LG
Old 08-20-2015, 11:18 AM   #24  
will it ever stick??? lol

S/C/G: 283.6/236.8/155

Height: 5'6

glitter Where are you?! I want to move there!!!! lol New York was a weird temp thismorning and getting hotter and stickier the later it gets

firecracker hope your heads feeling better

Boyfriends mom asked us last night if we want to go over for dinner tonight which I DONT!!! lol I love them but their cooking is so BLAH and its hard for me to track my weightwatchers points when I don't know exactly everything im eating. He did send a text saying "do you really wanna go, I kind of don't" So im hoping it falls through lol
Amberkkski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 01:08 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Default Can I join too?

May I join you? I have lots of weight to go but will try slowly, though it'd be awfully nice if it would fall off quickly.

AM: I am a SAHM, busy with all things. My weight has been more of an issue since I married, you know the phrase the way to a man's heart is food - well vice versa on this end I guess. Of course, I will say I do my fair share of feeding/eating

I did have success during my last pregnancy with weight as I was found to have gestational diabetes and managed it with the GD diet and exercise. All told I gained about 15 lbs and almost 10lbs was baby. Since then we have had some life changes in the house and I guess I am a comfort food eater when stress hits. My weight is high (shy of my highest at 265 or so). I don't want to be this weight forever. Things are beginning to hurt that never did before and I think my weight is the culprit. My DH had a physical recently and his physician recommended the Mediterranean diet. I still have to investigate with books from the library, but perhaps the two of us can move some numbers down at the same time with this route. Any suggestions?

I am trying to be proactive right now. I am using a recumbent bike for exercise as walking (my go to form of exercise) has aggravated my hip. I used to lap swim daily and that helped immensely. However I no longer live near an indoor pool, so I miss that during the cold months and lap swimming on your back in an outdoor pool leads to a lot of bumping into things without something to line up against visually - a floating cloud doesn't work!

So hopefully this might be a place where I can find encouragement on my journey. I can be accountable to someone other than my loved one and I hope I can help encourage you all as well. Let me know if I am a fit.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 01:40 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 262/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! Can I join as well? I'm a SAHM and have been working on getting healthier for the last 2 months - I'm down 30 pounds so far, and feeling good. I made the choice to totally cut out refined sugar and grains, and it hasn't been as hard as it sounded to me at first. I have also done the c25k program and that has been really great. I'm having a hard time now that the weight is a bit slower to come off, but slow and steady wins the race - right?!?!

Glad to have a group for accountability and encouragement! I don't have any friends who are working on weight - and it's something I get weird talking about IRL.
pictureframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 01:43 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 262/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Also - that ^^ was my first post this go 'round on 3FC, and after it went I up realized the numbers by my avatar were from last time - and after that attempt I apparently gained 25 pounds. Discouraging to go from feeling good about a loss to realizing that I was trying to lose when I weighed just over what I weigh now (after the 30 lb loss) a few years ago!! Onward, right?!

Last edited by pictureframe; 08-20-2015 at 01:44 PM.
pictureframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:37 PM   #28  
mam1958

Welcome Lemon and Picture to our garden. Where we will shrink together.

Very tired today ladies will post more tomorrow had a visit from my best friend from high school. I am tired.. We had sooooooooooo much fun.

LG
Old 08-20-2015, 06:47 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

LG: Thanks for the welcome! I suppose after seeing someone so long ago you had a lot to see and discuss. I hope the conversation was just like you saw your friend yesterday!

Pictureframe: How old are your kids? My two are under 8. I need to loose my weight so I can zip along with them and their high energy. I am an older mama so every advantage I can find I will try to take. Looks like you are on the right path.

hello to everyone!

AM: Awaiting DH to come home for dinner and my books to come to the library so I have an idea of what to make diet wise. I plan to go back to the gym tonight and ride the bike. Do any of you do some HIIT if you exercise? I have been on the bike in the last month and did some interval riding. I felt good the next day, maybe not when I hopped off the bike. Oh well, I do hope it's something I can keep up w/ and benefit from.

Can I ask - I'm guessing we are all using different methods for weight loss. What do you all do when you have a terrible craving? Do you have good will power? Do you have a go-to food? I am interested in this. When I did the GD diet, it was almonds and string cheese.

Wishing you all a good evening and hopefully I can report tomorrow I conquered the bike ride w/gusto!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:22 AM   #30  
will it ever stick??? lol

S/C/G: 283.6/236.8/155

Height: 5'6

lemonthyme If im having a craving now I will TRY to just eat a smaller amount of whatever I want like I LOVE nutter butters and we have them at work all the time so I used to honestly eat like 2 packages a day now ill day out the 2 cookies count my 3 weight watchers points and put the package on the back table so its away from me. Someone on here once told me to step away from everything and go sit down and take some deep breaths and let 2-5 minutes pass and see if youre still craving whatever food you wanted, this does help me sometimes. But ofcourse I still have my binge issue which im trying really hard not to do anymore.
Amberkkski is offline   Reply With Quote