Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 08:04 AM   #136  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Laurie.. I agree with Garnet.. Something is Wackadoodle with your scale! Drink some squeezed lemon water for a day or two and see if some of that held water goes away! You are part of this team that has Onderland in its sights! We need to win that prize!

I lost a lb of my water weight gain.. yeah.. but have cheated on Peanut Butter Snickers again (Does NOT go well with Atkins and low carb! GRRRR They are now at work and I won't go near them!) I want Onderland before Thanksgiving!!! (my earlier goal was Onderland by 7/4 then Labor day.. 3rd times the charm as they say!
Old 09-16-2014, 09:23 AM   #137  

Height: 5'5"

Sue - Oh, those peanut butter Snickers. I, fortunately, don't have them at work. You're a rock star for staying away from them! I haven't tried squeezed lemon water. I downed a ton of straight-up water yesterday. Maybe I'll buy a lemon today and have at it tomorrow!

Jessica - Meh. I have decided to accept it as actual gain so that I can be happy when I see losses. The scale messes with my head, and I know it. But I also know that weighing daily and checking in at 3FC is preventing a complete meltdown for me. 206 was almost exactly where I was the last time I quit. (I think I was at 204 or 203.)

218.2. Had another Day 1 on plan yesterday, and it paid off to the tune of being down 1.4 pounds. Need a Day 2.

Onederland is around the corner for you, Jessica. And Sue, can't wait to celebrate it with you when you conquer it by Thanksgiving!
Old 09-16-2014, 04:01 PM   #138  
Jessica, Becoming Me

S/C/G: 260 / 199 / 150

Height: 5' 6" | MG: 185

Sue, it's not cheating. Merely an indulgence. So long as you don't make it a habit, you are allowed to indulge once and a while.

Laurie, that's what I'm talking about! So proud of you for getting a day 1. And seeing such a big drop has to be so motivating! Bring in that Day 2 and then keep each singular day coming. You've got this and I will not let you walk away from all of your hard work. You and I are in this together, no matter what comes and you are going to reach Onederland just like I am! <3

Did something I don't usually do. I can't be 100% sure that the scale was 203 and not somewhere between 203 & 204, but since it doesn't give me tenths of a pound, I let myself embrace 203 today. I'm so nervous and excited.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:19 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 246/201.2/150

Height: 5' 3"

So I've been super MIA lately and unfortunately it's not because I moved down to the next thread. My brother was in the hospital for two weeks and then I've been busy at work and that just hasn't left much time to come here and talk.

My brother was released from the hospital but has a long road ahead of him, so if you are the praying type, please say a prayer for him.

My weight has pretty much stalled out but I am not gaining, so I am happy with that. I need to keep in mind that this is not a race, it is a new way of life. Seeing what my brother has been through, I've come to realize that at times I focus two much on getting to a certain number but I need to remember the most important reason to lose weight and that's to be the healthiest me I can be and that is an on going journey not a destination.

I hope you are all having a great day!
Old 09-17-2014, 04:56 PM   #140  
AAD
Aida ~ Slow but steady ~

S/C/G: 229/229/159

\8/20 = 208.5
8/24 = 208.2
8/29 = 207.9
September 3 = 207.6
Sep 10 = 207.2
9/17 = 206.7
Old 09-17-2014, 10:31 PM   #141  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Well, kick me in the butt and call me stoopid. More than once, 'cause I don't listen the first time. What'd I say all those many many months ago?...that I would get myself all checked out, tuned up, and lubed, and get movin' along in the right direction healthwise. Did I get checked out? No! Why? Prolly 'cause I was too ashamed to step on a scale. (Hey, I did say stoopid!) Well anyway, I finally went to an MD, made my complaints, and had lotsa blood and weewee tests. Low thyroid and low VitD. Why am I not surprised? All this time, I've been sooo tired and getting more and more depressed....just thinking it was due to getting older and being bummed about my eye situation and failure to lose weight. So now I have a ray of hope that I will start feeling better and start losing this fat. (please, please, pretty please with a cherry on the top) Had my first dose of TH....AND....itchy hives!....ugh!.....still, I'm hoping this will eventually work out.

wvuchick for you and your brother. I hope you see a ray of sunshine soon. Take some comfort in not gaining--I wish I could say that. What a fantastic and loving sister you are!

Garnet--sooo jealous!

wannaskip--What!?!? Did you give notice at your new job? What happened? ooooo I hope things got better!

LesMiller--sooo sorry for you loss! I just don't know what else to say. It must be an awful lot for you to handle all at once. I hope you find peace and keep your good health as you deal with these blows.

Wow! Everyone has a lot to handle, yet you're all doing so well with the weight loss. Hope the extra butt-kicking exercises I gave you help burn a few extra calories, ha.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:06 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/154

Height: 5'7"

SeeMyFeet, my mom got hives when she started her thyroid medication. She had to be switched to the non-generic form. I'm okay with the generic form but she needed the "better" stuff to not have that reaction. I think its natural form? Not sure but its the non-generic option.

Doing ok considering. Went in for a session this morning since I haven't been with a trainer for nearly 2 weeks. Weighed in at 195, but this weekend its back out to cheese/wine-land so I'm sticking around for the more than possible bounce up.

Take care all
Old 09-19-2014, 09:04 AM   #143  
Sue finding inner song

Laurie.. I am so happy that the scale has turned around and its starting to come down! Yay!!

WVUChick... Oh I am so sorry about your brother. I am sending prayers of strength and wellness to him (and you for your worry) I pray he will be ok soon. I also was wondering how you were/now are doing. Hugs to you!

Aida! Your weight posts just keep inspiring me!

SeeMyFeet: ah yes.. Thyroid and its regulation of our bodies.. Amazing what one gland (well a few) do to us. Vitamin D(3) is wonderful. I started taking it over a year ago and it does help your system and in my case, my anxiety and stress. It really is a needed vitamin

LesMillsLuvr.... It is nice to see you.. and I bet that even with the Wine/Cheese weekend.. you will be staying in the "1's" But just in case.. I send you strength!

I am almost down to my low... at 210.4 this morning. That is helped by quitting that new job I started 3+ weeks ago as it was so toxic for me. I felt and saw unhappiness and was schooled and yelled at alot. Not for me. So Looking for another new job. I have 2 attorneys who wish to talk to me about a position in their firm (tho I am not a paralegal) so here's hoping!

I wish everyone a lovely and Peaceful (tho giddy!) Friday!
Old 09-19-2014, 03:47 PM   #144  
Jessica, Becoming Me

I've had 201 lbs for two days in a row now... starting to feel real.
Old 09-19-2014, 04:06 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 246/201.2/150

Height: 5' 3"

Seemyfeet - I hope the meds work out for you too. fingers crossed*

Les - I hope you are doing ok. You're in my thoughts.

Sue - Thanks for your kind words and prayers. and Yay on getting close to your low and quitting the job. You definitely don't need to stay somewhere that tries to bring your down, your too wonderful to let others affect you. Good luck on finding a new job!

Garnet - I'm in the 201's the last two days too. I'm ready to move into Onederland. How about you?

I'm 1.3 from Onederland, but don't think you're going to lose me soon. I want to get well into the 190s before trusting it. Hope you all have a great weekend!

Last edited by wvuchick; 09-19-2014 at 04:07 PM.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:32 PM   #146  
~Being Positive~

S/C/G: 238/211/150

Height: 5'4

Hello everyone, I'm excited about joining this group and phase! I weighed in at 216.4 on Wed, I'm not sure how long I'll be here but I'm looking forward to chatting with you all.
Old 09-20-2014, 02:39 PM   #147  
Sue finding inner song

Caramel! Glad to have you join us for this part of your journey! May I wish you a short stay on your way to Onderland You have joined a truly fun and lovely group of people here! I am looking foward to your posts!

wvuchick and garnet... May this last 1+ lb be the easiest you have to lose! That is my wish! (Tho I don't want you both to leave - Posessive here!

I am down (.2) to 210.2. Argh I want single digits I WANT SINGLE DIGITS!.. Maybe all this stress coming up this next week (I have 2 interviews with major law firms Eyk... as I am used to Title Companies and not law firm.. but will put my best foot forward and be honest!)
Old 09-20-2014, 07:17 PM   #148  
Jessica, Becoming Me

You'll be in the single digits soon, Sue! I promise.

I don't expect to see Onederland until after Tuesday's weigh in. Thought I did see something in between 200 and 201 this morning. In other news, I finally broke down and bought a new pair of jeans. They're size 16s, but I was also able to fit into 15 juniors. What? Crazy, right? I might have gotten some 15s, but the ones at Walmart not only cost more but actually made me look bigger than the $15 16s by Faded Glory.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:07 PM   #149  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvuchick View Post
So I've been super MIA lately and unfortunately it's not because I moved down to the next thread. My brother was in the hospital for two weeks and then I've been busy at work and that just hasn't left much time to come here and talk.

My brother was released from the hospital but has a long road ahead of him, so if you are the praying type, please say a prayer for him.

My weight has pretty much stalled out but I am not gaining, so I am happy with that. I need to keep in mind that this is not a race, it is a new way of life. Seeing what my brother has been through, I've come to realize that at times I focus two much on getting to a certain number but I need to remember the most important reason to lose weight and that's to be the healthiest me I can be and that is an on going journey not a destination.

I hope you are all having a great day!
Will keep your brother in my prayers.

Congratulations to all of you, hopefully I will be able to join you soon
Old 09-20-2014, 11:12 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 286/209/150

Height: 5'4

I've been hanging out at 216 for a couple days. I'm so anxious to get under 200 I just can't stand it.
Closed Thread