Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 03:42 PM   #46  
Jessica, Becoming Me

S/C/G: 260 / 199 / 150

Height: 5' 6" | MG: 185

Good for you for staying focused on how you're feeling and how your clothes are fitting rather than just on the scale's numbers, Laurie. <3

For the second day in a row, the scale showed me 213.x. Yesterday, it was 213.4 lbs and I refused to accept it, instead taking 215.4. Today, it showed me 213.6 lbs. Again, my mind and my heart are so reluctant to believe it because of this feeling that the success of being below 215.0 lbs is going to be ripped away from me the moment I accept it as truth. But I can't argue with a scale that's been flirting with the 214-213 range for a while now so I decided to meet the scale in the middle. I averaged yesterday's recorded weight with today's scale weight to make today's recorded weight 214.6 lbs. I'm under 215.0. I don't want to believe it and I think the prospect scares me a little. XD
Old 08-23-2014, 12:43 PM   #47  

Height: 5'5"

Jessica - Your crazy scale. Oh, your scale. I get being reluctant to accept lower weights, though. I know if my weight loss was a reliably lower number every day and I never got whooshes, this would be easier on my psyche. But I find myself getting used to the bounciness, and the whooshes are a huge amount of fun, so I'm learning to accept the bounciness. I lost my first 100ish pounds while weighing every day. I lost my second 75ish pounds while weighing infrequently (including, at one point, a long-term scale-free challenge). Now, I'm finding it essential to my focus again. Who knows?

I got another whoosh today. I lost all the water weight from Thursday's sodium/muscle soreness (though I am sore today from walking/running about 6 1/2 miles), plus an additional pound. I was thrilled when I saw 214.0 on the scale this morning. Onederland, here we come!
Old 08-23-2014, 01:00 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/154

Height: 5'7"

Wow, Laurie, 6 1/2 miles! That's awesome I felt super accomplished finishing a 5K so going more than 6 miles must be twice as nice! And wtg on the whoosh to 214. Won't be long to the 1's
Old 08-23-2014, 02:59 PM   #49  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Hi guys!

I stuffed myself silly yesterday with all sorts of calorie-laden food and treats, and somehow dropped back down a pound this morning >< to 198.2. I drank a lot of water, so perhaps I dropped some sodium weight, concealing some of my poor food choices. I did make it to the grocery store today, buying a lot of better and diet-viable options in foods that work well for my post-oral surgery. Some things I miss that I used to eat on a near daily basis are tortilla chips and salsa, natural almonds, crunchy dill pickles, big salads with sliced vegetables, and apples slices with PB2. Will start tracking actual calories tomorrow.

Regarding the dress, well, I went back the next day to buy it, and decided to try it on one last time. I don't know what happened, but it didn't wow me like before! It seemed... boring, lol. I tried on a few more dresses just for kicks. The good news is, I can definitely fit into 16s no problem, despite my bustline, so that is encouraging. I'm still on the hunt for a dress. I have nowhere to wear one, but I just want one!

I sure would love to get to 191 lbs again. That is no longer obese for my height - just merely overweight.

Good luck everyone! I have to get ready for work, but have loved reading all the updates. We can do this!
Old 08-23-2014, 05:45 PM   #50  
Jessica, Becoming Me

The scale showed me my birthday in pounds today - 212.0. Over and over and over. As a result, I am allowing myself to embrace yesterday's 213.4 lbs. I'm also allowing myself to indulge in some Ben & Jerry's Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream. We'll see where that gets me on the scale tomorrow. Lol

In other news, I finally talked myself into it being okay for me to by free weights so starting today, I get to slowly start building up my arm muscles.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:27 AM   #51  

What a dreary day...just sitting around watching movies. Nothing much to do but I guess its nice to have a down day now and then. if only it wasn't raining I could mow the lawn...I'm "that house" on the block at the moment so I really need to get that done LOL

Back at it in the morning with my regular session with the trainer and a weigh-in. I've been good with keeping the sodium in check so fingers crossed for a little drop.

Hope the rest of you are enjoying your Sunday, lazy or otherwise
Old 08-24-2014, 10:50 AM   #52  

214.0. Second day in a row. But after dropping 5 pounds over 5 days, I can't say I'm surprised.

LesMills - Lazy Sundays are great! And rest time for our bodies is good too. I feel like a fraud, though. I am trying to build up to do a 3K running. So, I did Week 4, Day 3 of C25K in the afternoon, then went for a long walk (interspersed with a very little running) in the evening. It wasn't 6 miles in a row.

Toowicky - Yay for fitting into smaller sizes! And I know what you mean about the dress. I bought a "goal dress" (thrift store find) and was so excited that I fit into it today. Then, I decided I sort of hate it.

Jessica - IMHO, you are 212.0. And, also - you need a new scale. =)
Old 08-24-2014, 11:14 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Hi all and Happy Sunday to everyone,

I'm still plugging away, just not getting the time in front of the computer to stop in to 3FC much. Looks like things are going really well for a lot of you. Me, I'm pretty happy with the progress I'm having. 212.5 this morning.

Sue, congrats on the new job!!!

Sorry I'm late on the welcome wagon, but it's so nice to see you here, Laurie Dawn!!

Good luck with your surgery, SeeMyFeet!

Keep up the great work everyone!
Old 08-24-2014, 12:57 PM   #54  

Hey, Laurie, if you traveled 6 miles, it doesn't matter if it was all in a row as far as I'm concerned. And anything more than a walk is "running". When I say I ran a 5K, it means I jogged with intermittent moments of walking. I still think your 6 miles are awesome and by no means fraudulent!
Old 08-24-2014, 03:33 PM   #55  
Jessica, Becoming Me

Dreaming, I realize this explanation is a bit late, but hitting this low of a range is incredibly intimidating for me. The lowest I've ever been in my adult life was 205 lbs. I'm approaching that threshold with a vengeance and it scares me. Being back in this range is also, I think, dragging up a lot of emotions associated with the previous two times I've gotten down this low - both of which coincided with emotional low points in my life. I'm in a much better place emotionally, but I'm still terrified of failing. With 199 being so close that I can almost touch it, that fear of back-pedaling seems to grow a little every day and all I can do is keep pushing. There's also the recurrence of a negative self-image in regards to my body. In spite of all the weight I've lost and the fact that my butt can fit into a pair of size 16 regular jeans (and look good doing it), my stomach - the absolute least favorite part of my body - is still huge. It's a sore spot for me and as the inches come off only so fast, I tend to focus in on how big my gut is and feel a little bit like no matter what I do, it's never going to really disappear. Last night, I was even a little depressed about my boobs... I LOVE MY BOOBS. But last night, all I could think about is how low they already hang. I'm something like a 38I. With out a bra on - well even with one right now because I've lost so many inches between my breasts and the area under them that neither of my bras fit properly anymore - they're not at all perky, really. Because they're huge and gravity pulls them down. But yeah, I digress.

Laurie, my scale refused to show me anything other than 211.6 lbs today. I'm pretty sure that first step on yesterday was one of those fluke moments because after that it wouldn't give me anything but 212.0 lbs.

Today, I've split the difference between yesterday's official weight and today's scale weight, bringing my official weigh-in in at 212.6 lbs.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:46 PM   #56  
AAD
Aida ~ Slow but steady ~

S/C/G: 229/229/159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matilda08 View Post
Weighed in at 210 today!! Im so happy to see this number , project onederland coming soon!!!
You're doing great, Honey! Keep it up!
Old 08-24-2014, 06:48 PM   #57  
AAD
Aida ~ Slow but steady ~

S/C/G: 229/229/159

7/29 = 209.8 !!! !!!
August 5 = 209.4
Aug 12 = 208.9
8/15 = 208.8
8/20 = 208.5
8/24 = 208.2
Old 08-24-2014, 08:22 PM   #58  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

ARGH! I just spent 25 minutes writing things and WHAM and I hit the backspace key and EVERYTHING disappeared! GGGRRRRR I will do the best! I just am so thrilled at everyone who is HERE! WOW! I love everyone posting! I haven't posted in 2 days and I missed ALOT too cool what has happened to you all (and hopefully not too bad for a few).. Okay if I can remember:

DorisOh Gosh.. I am so sorry about your Gallbladder attack (happens when people diet... sigh)I had mine 33 years ago (and have an 8 inch scar) and know that you will feel better.. Sometimes you might get the sympathy pain (happens).. but its NOT real! You will feel better really soon!

Angihas2 Very happy that you found a place for your baby.. and those cries are so hard (I don't have kids and other's children's cries make me want to help).. but soon they will go away once he feels safe

LesMillsLuvrI have to say WOW on that 5 lbs off (I know a few days ago!) but You are getting so close to Onderland !

LaurieLook at you LOSE! WOW... It seems like 220 was the dam that kept you stuck.. Once you blasted that DAM! SHAZAM! LOL you are heading downstream with FULL STEAM! I see you flying by me.. Be sure to WAIVE!

Easily I am so glad you are back home safe and sound! Those travel lbs of water will shed fast.. Shoot - stand outside and you will sweat them off! LOL I hope your trip was full of wonderful and happy memories.. ..Did you find a place that you wanted to move too?

SeeMyFeet I love it! you have proved that you can find ANYTHING on the internet! LOL and WIKKI too... That is so fun... Gotta think of some fun things to look up! I hope your surgery is an easy one and for nothing drastic! ??? I hope you heal soon and post to us that you are ok! How did the caffeinee affect you when you drank it after abstaining?

Matilda HOORAY for you! 210 and Getting SOOOOO much closer to Onderland and 50 lbs off! WOW.. that is a HUGE milestone! Good for you!

wvuchick I hope you had a great time this weekend. Did you go back to the camp you own.. or go somewhere were you did not have to work??!!! I hope you did get time to relax.. tho I bet your wore off any extra food eaten!

Garnet We are all your friends and we will all YELL at your scale (non friend Sometimes) if you need us too.. but it looks like it has been nice these last 2 days! NICE Loss! COOOOOOLLLLLL

Dreaming O M G!! Look at YOU! You are just "-" this close to Onderland.. Its RIGHT THERE! Just a have a glass of water away! WOW! So glad and thrilled for you! You are THERE!

TooWicky I am so glad you are healing from your Teeth and their troubles...... I bet your body is using that food you ate to aid in the healing process! I have this feeling that you will be at 190 before the end of September. I just BET!

AIDA Ms Consistant! I don't know what I would say if you did not lose! I bow at your feet !

Streudel OH MY GOSH to you too! LOOK at you! 212!!! Holy Cow! You TOO are sailing right thru this thread! You really won't be here long! OH MY.. those people in the 19o's thread better make room for us all! (tho some of them are in the 180's)

I hope I remembered everyone and did not mix anyones stories up! (I am old.. so the brain cells sometimes are NOT Perfect! ) LOL I want to Thank YOU ALL for your kind words and wishes and I am sure prayers for my job hunt! I am so happy to have a job as that is the important thing in my life it seems. I did get a call from another Attorney (he called me directly) on Friday offering me a job that had been filled the day I was laid off.. I guess that other person he hired did not know all the things she said she did... But I am a person of my word and I accepted this 1st job and it should be good for me! (and only 5 minutes from home... OMG!) I start tomorrow and am alittle scared as the boss already told me that the girl I am replacing is training me and to be careful as her nose is out of joint as she does not think she is replaceable (tho she is moving to the West Coast of Florida and her & her husbands idea).. So I have to watch out. Getting used to others schedules too... eating lunch (as a group I was told .. tho I am going to try my darndest to stick to my plan). My last really good friend has moved up to Northern Florida (Bronson.. just West of Gainesville) and so my little world has gotten even smaller... So alot on my mind.. Fear and sadness... But we did get Disney annual passes (Florida Blackout days) and plan on meeting up a few times! I also replaced a broken TV and had to put it together (all my friends with Technology minds are gone) and I did it.. tho I had to call Vizio for help setting the channel.. but proud of myself. I was happy to see 209 flat yesterday and weighed alittle more today.. but I sweated it off, I know, trimming rose bushes, cleaning my screened porch and repotting some not happy plants... Taking care of my parents cat - but they have a pool and it was WONDERFUL to jump into it with all my aches and pains today! (it was 87 degrees too YIKES Bath water!).. This post has gone on long and I will probably be chastised! LOL Just wanted to say hello and hope you all had a GREAT WEEKEND and that fear goes away SeeMeFeet!

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 08-24-2014 at 08:54 PM.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:43 AM   #59  

Wannaskipandlaugh - You called it! The dam broke, and I am sailing through this decade. Can't explain it. Not gonna try. Just hope that it continues. I'm so excited for you with your new job! I also work in the legal field. And it sounds like you were super productive this weekend as well.

Streudel - I'm so excited to see you pop up! We were on the 220s/230s thread together. I can't wait to progress to the 190s thread with you!

LesMills - You're very kind. I ran for 10 minutes straight yesterday as part of my C25K program, and I thought I might die. Tomorrow, I'm slated to run 20 minutes straight. We'll see how that goes. =)

Jessica - It appears that we have matching weights again. At least yours from yesterday and mine from this morning. 212.6. I think you're still short-changing yourself, so I don't think they are actually matching, but I still think it's cool. Also, I dreamed that my scale broke. I blame you for this dream.

Aida - A consistent downward trend! That's awesome!

I'm traveling for work today. I am a member of Anytime Fitness, and I love to check out new gyms. Don't ask me why. It's a daytrip to a podunk town, so their Anytime Fitness will probably not be as nice as the one by my house or the one by my work, but I don't care. A new gym is a new gym! Weight lifting today. Can't wait!
Old 08-25-2014, 12:08 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 246/201.2/150

Height: 5' 3"

Seemyfeet - I hope your surgery goes ok. You asked what we are doing to lose weight. I fast daily for at least 19 hours. I also count calories trying to hit in the 1400s. I don't "exercise" but I do a lot of work around the house and outside to make up for it.

Laurie - Congrats on the 14s!

Jessica - I say you trust all those low numbers you've earned it!

TooWicky - Wow eating crazy and still losing weight, good on you!

Streudel - Welcome back and don't stay away so long next time.

Aida - Great job!

Sue - We didn't go camping we went to visit my husband's brother in Ohio. Good luck on your new job today. Sorry to hear about your friend moving away. It's good you have plans to meet up. And 209...whoa lady look at you go!

I ate way too much this weekend and was in the car a lot, but that was the plan. I gained 1.6 since Friday, but I know I need to get my body back on schedule and that should fix it. I ate breakfast for the first time since May 15th yesterday and it was good but I can honestly say I don't miss it. I'm glad to get back to fasting today, which I know sounds strange but I enjoy eating until I'm full and not feel guilty about it.

I hope you all have a great Monday!
Closed Thread