Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 09:55 AM   #91  

Height: 5'5"

LesMills - I LOVED your gym story! Weight lifters unite! And it looks like you are almost outta here! The only cure for that, of course, is for me to join you in Onederland. Totally working on it! CONGRATULATIONS! Onederland is SUCH a huge accomplishment. Especially if you had to lose over 90 pounds to get there. I am in awe.

Sue - I had a boss that used to stock his candy dish with peanut butter Snickers. It was the worst. During the day, I was fine, but at night, when I was there alone. . . . Well, let's just say that the candy was not safe. And I agree - you totally got this new job with its new software. That'll keep you young better than the Snickers. ;-)

Jessica - You genuinely have my admiration for how gracefully you handle your scale woes. I'm gonna kind of miss the 12 numbers it gives you each morning, and your rationale for deciding which of the numbers most likely represents your weight. The scale is just a tool, of course, and the trick is to figure out how to use it without allowing it to completely mess with your head. It's hard enough with one that actually works. The fact that you're keeping the scale craziness in check with your bonkers one is that much more impressive.

Seemyfeet - Here's to rocking the new calendar page! With a bionic eye. You're totally right. We gots this! And I would love to totally meet up IRL. And be skinny on top of that. Loved the dream. And I bet you rocked your Jackie O shades.

Streudel - Being satisfied with our daily food choices is the key, isn't it? And it seems like it's absolutely working for you. Glad you found a few minutes to check in.

AAD - Slow and steady is exactly the right description! Way to end August lighter than you began it!

Was feeling out of sorts this morning. Kind of like - When is the 'I'm so skinny now' fairy going to change my life? You know what? 1 - I'm not 'so skinny.' And 2 - I have never expected her participation in my life before. I know losing weight only fixes a limited number of problems, and causes unexpected problems along the way. But I am feeling much better now. This group approaches life's challenges with such grace and humor. I am grateful to be a part of it and my other thread. I get so much from 3FC. Thanks to everyone for your awesomeness!
Old 09-02-2014, 11:51 AM   #92  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

212.4 today, slowly moving downward. In spurts. Waiting for a lab to start, so I'll catch up in a bit. Managed to bust the screen on both my iPhone and my iPad, so now I've got to decide to upgrade phone early and repair iPad or repair one and deal with the other. Chances are, it'll be my phone, small shards keep coming off :/.

Hope y'all had a great weekend!
Old 09-02-2014, 03:46 PM   #93  
Jessica, Becoming Me

S/C/G: 260 / 199 / 150

Height: 5' 6" | MG: 185

Sue, I actually baked this weekend. Spice cupcakes, that came out drier than I like. I've decided to tweak that recipe by adding some pumpkin puree. Also, I made cream cheese frosting.

Les, Congrats and I hope it holds for you. I know the dreaded weigh day spike all too well. And that crust sounds curious... I might just have to try it.

Laurie, I feel the same way about the group, and about the journey. The skinny fairy has never been one to visit me and there are days when I look in the mirror and just wish that for once she would. But, really, I think that deep down I'm glad that she hasn't. It means I can take that much more pride in getting healthy because I'm the one that's getting me there.

Also, welcome back and hope you had a good weekend.

Angihas2, ouch. Sorry to hear about the phone and iPad. :/

So I got myself that new scale last night. I ended up going with a traditional one over a digital one for two reasons. One, it was cheaper. Like $10 cheaper. Two, given the experience with my brother's digital scale, I think it'll be nice to have a break from something that has a greater chance of malfunctioning. That being said, it does mean that I'm going to have to adjust to life with out tenths of a pound. Honestly, I think it might just do me some good. When the scale isn't measuring tenths of a pound, you don't notice quite so much variation every time you step on and step off.

Today's weight? 210.0 lbs. Yup, finally officially hit the 210 mark after a weak of wanting to break a scale and, more importantly, that means I've lost 50 lbs in 19 weeks. <3
Old 09-02-2014, 08:36 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/154

Height: 5'7"

Yay Garnet on the new scale but more so about the 50 pounds!
Old 09-03-2014, 12:22 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 278.8/194.3/145

Hello, I still exist!! Things have been crazy around here. My kids have been sick (again!) and I've gotten, like, zero sleep. I had a bad Monday and it scared me straight--my weight today was 199.8. NOT GOING BACK!!!

I'm gonna go through and greet you all properly now. Assuming my baby doesn't wake up wanting the boob (can we say that word here?). I feel badly that he's sick, but I wish he'd take a bottle just once, you know? Argh. He turns 6 months old tomorrow! Can't believe that. That also means tomorrow will be my 6-month-anniversary of my lil healthy lifestyle.

Man, what I would give for a big plate of Thai food right about now! I wonder if I could do Thai in moderation? I can with what I make myself, but those are just the curries. I'm talking noodle dishes...pad si ew, pad ki mao... *sigh*

Anyways!

Les Mills!!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!! I've heard of cauliflower pizza crust before. And cauliflower mashed potatoes. Maybe I should give them a chance?

Garnet, yay on the new scale and BIG YAY on the 50 lbs! Way to go!

Laurie, I'd love a visit from that fairy. She's quite derelict in her duties. I'm glad you're able to pull through this. And I agree, this is a great community and offer so much to us!

WannaSkip, one thing that has helped me with the pity party trap is realizing that it's NEVER going to get easier. I can't just wait out (eat out) a rough patch because there's another right around the corner, which is what got me to 300 lbs. The whole curse the rain or dance in it thing.

SeeMyFeet--how's your recovery? And is your ticker showing what I think it's showing?????

Streudl--great attitude!

Hope I got you all!
Old 09-03-2014, 08:36 AM   #96  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

LesMillsluvr Woot Woot! ONDERLAND! Hooray for YOU! and I bet it sticks.. tho.. not too strong as lower you go! How wonderful to go see your father being wearing a low number on that scale! I think I see you floating over this Florida Sky! MARVELOUS!

Laurie I tell you.. when that dam burst - it is NOT beign rebuilt! Look at you and your daily (I swear) losses! SHAZAM! and I am so happy for you. Its hard to stay away from the Peanut Butter Snickers Bosses candy jar.. when noone is around (same for living alone! ) But they are ALL GONE! and I am NOT wandering around Walmart looking for more.. NOPE, NADA, NYET, NIEN, NO! LOL (I am saying this outloud as I type!)

Angihas2 Well I am so happy for your scale lower no.. but sad about your screens... Gosh.. How much do those pads/phones cost everyone??!! (I am still in the stone age and just call.. don't even text! LOL)

Jessica OOOOOO That Cupcake sounds good and really YUMMY (Slap my face argh.. can't think about it!.. tho drooling is aloud.. loss of water??!! LOL) and WOOHOO for getting a new scale! and MAY it bless you with consistancy and low numbers EVERY DAY!

Dreaming Oh gosh.. I am so sorry that your kids are sick and not being good about eating... YOU need sleep! Helps keep the weight down.. THO - You are still in Onderland. HANG ON! and Let GO Lbs!

Okay.. Happy Hump day all! I wish you all a great day. Work got better yesterday. I feel alittle more accepted and I caught onto the system at least 35% now LOL But everyday will get better. I have to figure out now...how to get my walking in as I don't get home until after 8:00 pm.. hhmmmm Maybe laps around the inside of my house as I wait for dinner to cook (so I don't eat too late)... Gotta work it out for just 3 more days... Then Parents are HOME Sunday! 215.4 today... GOT 16 lbs to go to GO!
Old 09-03-2014, 09:56 AM   #97  

I love seeing all these "1"s on the front of people's ticker weights! I can't wait until it's me!

Sue - So glad things are improving at work. And I love your metaphor about the dam. I was so worried about it being rebuilt at 210, like it had been at 220 and 230. But no signs of beavers around here. =) (Knock on wood) Glad your parents are back and you can re-focus.

Dreamingsmall - Mmmm.. Thai food. Lots of kids. Lots of needs. Newly separated. How you manage to accomplish so much, without nearly enough sleep, is amazing.

LesMills - You should get used to the clothes shopping. Yay for cool friends to help with that! Cuz once you start to get into the 190s and 180s, etc., sizes change much faster. But it's also kinda fun.

Jessica - 50 pounds! 19 weeks! Both of those things are amazing. I heard someone talking about Chris Pratt losing all that weight for Guardians of the Galaxy, and apparently he aid, "Six months. Anyone can commit to six months." So, when I get discouraged, that's what I keep telling myself. Not that six months will get me to goal. But it will get me to a much better place than when I started.

Angihas - I'm having electronic device woes too. And lack of sufficient cash flow to properly address them. =(

I am within 8 pounds of Onederland, and within 4 of when I got discouraged and gave up in December 2012. I had lost from 278 to 203, but just couldn't seem to push it under 200, so I became much more lax. I bounced for about 18 months between 210 and 240 before starting again (after countless starts that didn't stick) with some seriousness in July. A little nervous, but I am feeling good about pushing through this time.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:23 PM   #98  
AAD
Aida ~ Slow but steady ~

S/C/G: 229/229/159

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaskipandlaugh View Post
AIDA Ms Consistant! I don't know what I would say if you did not lose! I bow at your feet !
LOL Sometimes I stay the same for a few days, but if I only post here every few days it looks like I always lose!
Old 09-03-2014, 03:25 PM   #99  
AAD
Aida ~ Slow but steady ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingSmall View Post
I did it!!!!! ONDERLAND!!!
Congratulations! Tell them I am coming and will be there eventually!
Old 09-03-2014, 03:28 PM   #100  
Jessica, Becoming Me

Dreaming, CONGRATS! You hang on to Onderland with all the passion of all of us. Can't wait to see it myself!

Sue, sounds like a plan. Might not be ideal, but it's better than nothing and, like you said, the parents will be home soon and then you'll be able to make your regular walks.

Laurie, the two of us just need to hang in there. We can stick with it and we will stick with it this time. We've got each other, after all and that goes a very, very long way. I can't believe I'm only 10 lbs from 199. I can definitely hit that by Halloween, don't you think? And it's only slightly more than 1 lb a week.

Thanks to everybody on the cheers for both the new scale and the very big milestone. It's something that I'm infinitely proud off. I keep thinking about all the progress that I have made, that I'm still making and it makes me a little less worried about the fact that I've had to essentially give myself a week off to try and feel less worn down. I've been maintaining my good eating habits and Luna and I are still walking, but some part of me wishes that I was able to do some running and strength training. I plan on re-starting my strength training tomorrow since I'll have more time to squeeze in a warm soak in the tub if I need to before work. Really looking forward to this.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:31 PM   #101  
AAD
Aida ~ Slow but steady ~

Aug 12 = 208.9
8/15 = 208.8
8/20 = 208.5
8/24 = 208.2
8/29 = 207.9
September 3 = 207.6
Old 09-04-2014, 01:08 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/154

It held! The 199¾ was still there this morning and a total of 39¼ inches lost. I think I'm hanging out here for a little bit though because now I go on vacation for a week and I'm bound to bounce back up over "the line".

Trainer says we've entered "goal phase"...kinda freaks me out a little. It's one thing to say you wanna do something and fail because you can keep trying, but there's something about getting there and then falling back that seems so much worse. It's almost a fear of accomplishing the goal because of what comes next. Does that make any sense?

Well, I hope you ladies have a great weekend. I fly out to my Dad's in Oregon tomorrow evening and don't know how often I'll be able to check in. Wishing you all whooshies and scales that behave

Last edited by LesMillsLuvr; 09-04-2014 at 01:08 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:55 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 278.8/194.3/145

Well, it's been over a week now, so I think it's time for me to leave this thread. Best wishes to you all!!!
Old 09-04-2014, 02:47 PM   #104  
Jessica, Becoming Me

Scale was high today. Expected as much. Sodium was on the high end, didn't drink enough water, and based on the aches in my back and the slight nausea as well as hunger I woke up to, purdy damn sure that time is coming. I hate that time. Add that to waking up to my brother hitting me up for money and trying to find out if/when I'm going to move out to the farm so that he can rent the room out that I'm in... Yeah, it's going to be an awesome day.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:14 PM   #105  

207.4 today. 207.4 yesterday. 207.6 the day before. Sue, the beavers have returned.

Just a quick check-in today, but so excited that Dreamingsmall has left our ranks. Looking forward to the day LesMills does it with confidence. And, of course, looking forward to rejoining them on the next thread soon.

Last edited by LaurieDawn; 09-04-2014 at 06:15 PM.
Closed Thread