Old 02-20-2014, 01:01 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 270/256.0/170

Height: 5'5"

I cheated today too... I ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. And it was gooooood. I haven't eaten jelly, peanutbutter, or bread in like... three weeks. LOL

I also haven't had a cheat day in two weeks, so i don't feel bad. It could have been way worse, and it wasn't a binge... it was a decision. Nose back to the grind stone tomorrow.
LilMissBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:27 AM   #212  
Katherine

S/C/G: 283/280/172

Height: 5'10

255.0 today!!! Woooo! I really didn't want to step on the scale this morning because yesterday I was 555.8 and Its been the trend that I'll weigh in at the 255.something and then go straight back up to 258. Maybe I have broken this nasty cycle! It's lasted a month already, so happy!

W2D2 of C25K today. Super pumped about it. This is honestly the first time in my life I have ever been excited about exercise.

SilverfireYou kicked butt yesterday with the steps! I got pretty excited when I passed you yesterday, but that didn't last long! And you made the distance between us even larger! Way to go!
kailpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:37 AM   #213  

S/C/G: 315/311/240

Height: 5'9"

The scale said 249 again today but then a minute later said 260 so I'm not trusting the scale much right now. I'm going to try to concentrate more on my fitness levels so I don't get discouraged. I've made huge progress with C25k, so I think if I concentrate on that more than the number on the scale it will be a bit better for me right now.
Kate79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 01:09 PM   #214  

260.0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoop whoop!!!!!!! C'mon 259 c'mon c'mon c'mon!!!!

Today I officially saw TEN POUNDS LOST on my scale!!!

*dancy dancy dancy*
Old 02-20-2014, 07:25 PM   #215  

S/C/G: 296/292/155

Height: 5'4 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMissBee View Post
Ugh I have the same problem Evie... Food I have on lockdown. Excercise? Not so much.
Congrats on having the food on lockdown! I'll keep you posted if I find some magic way (ha ha) to make myself exercise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailpea View Post
Evie Exercise when you are busy or stressed is the hardest! I'm terrible at getting myself motivated to workout even when I'm not in a pinch for time. My only suggestion is to view it as a way to relax. I always feel much more content after a food workout. . . and a lot of times I feel even more pumped to tackle other things going on.
That's a great way to think about it--and totally true and helpful. I will try to think of it that way--as a stress reliever, relaxation technique, rather than as a chore to try to fit in. The biggest battle is always in the mind, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SucreSucre View Post
Evie I actually hated exercising until i started doing it and now I love it! IDK what changed, but pushing myself in the gym is starting to become like a high for me. But the days I don't want to go, I bribe myself (NOT with food), like, "OK, I already said I was going to go the the gym 4X this week, this is the 4th time, if I do this, I can buy a shirt" or go see a movie or whatever it is.

I am finding that I have to do that less and less, but it works. Also, I WISH it was the other way around, that my eating was on point and I hated exercising

I have dinner with friends tonight at a Mexican restaurant and I set myself up for success in that I looked at the menu ahead of time, weighed my options (today is a lowcal day) and pre-picked my meal. I text a friend and told her if I try to order anything else, she has my permission to "embarrass" me in front of our other friends and remind me that I am going to get the salad. Is it a little extreme? Maybe, but I really need to make sure today is OP!

Have a good Wednesday!
LOL--don't get me wrong. I ADORE FOOD. Fortunately, I really love _good_ food (a.k.a. really healthy "clean" fare) and I'm a good cook, so it feels fun and good to prepare yummy but healthy meals.

I relate to your love of exercise when I do it enough . . . When "in the habit" I'm always like, "How could I ever quit this?"--then I get derailed accidentally and find it so hard to get back in the groove. WEIRD. But I will persevere. Thank you for the encouragement.

I hoped you enjoyed your visit out with friends--and that your salad was super delish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
SucreSucre - I'm sure your going to rock it Make sure you come back and let us know how it goes!!!

Evie - I feel ya! Honestly, the hardest part about going to the gym, is going to the gym. Once there, everything is gravy! It's that initial "get going" that is so hard. I don't have any words of wisdom, other than, when you feel yourself starting to talk yourself out of it, tell yourself to shaddup!! and then just do it It doesn't always work for me mind you....
LOL--I will TRY IT!!! (And yes, you nailed it . . . it's the "get going" that's hardest.)

Thanks for all the encouragement, everyone!
EvieBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:31 AM   #216  
Katherine

255.0 again today! I would be so so so happy if I could somehow drop 3 lbs and be at 252 by the end of February. It would be my 20 pound goal! That's probably a little bit too much to ask, but doesn't mean I'm not hoping!

So I've decided to go and try on a pair of size 18 pants this weekend and see how they fit. My 20's still fit me okay, but they have massive holes in the crotch and have been that way for about a month. I've been wearing black leggings to work underneath them to disguise the holes a bit. Not sure if its working, but it gives me some peace of mind. I looked through my closet to see if I had any size 18's and all I could find were 16s and a few 14s. Ahh! It's like I gained so much weight at once I completely skipped the 18s (either that or I rubbed holes in them which is likely).

Going to take it easy this weekend on the steps. I've walked so much over the past week that I'm starting to have shin splints. But I completely surpassed my goal which was to have 6000 steps on non-gym days so I might have to up that. I have to thank Silverfire! She is a beast with the steps. Catching up with her was no joke!
Old 02-21-2014, 09:28 AM   #217  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Kate79 - Time for new batteries in your scale perhaps?!? Keep rocking the C25K, you're doing great

LilMissBee - Congrats!!!!!

EvieBaby - You'll find your groove again!!

Kailpea - ARGGGGHH YOU!!!! I COULD NOT get past you yesterday! It was past my bedtime and I was still wandering around the house trying to pass you LOL - you win this time :P And Horray for trying size 18's! I have a pair in my closet that I CAN'T WAIT to wear (comfortably) I can put them ON but I can't breathe lol. Happy shopping!

I got a 255.2 this morning! WOO HOO!!! MAN I hope it sticks though I am not going to count on it as I had a bit of a binge problem yesterday. Instead of making real food for supper I ate WAY to many baby bell cheeses and way too many dried cranberries. Those little suckers didn't do anything to help my carb situation either.

I have been seriously struggling with this reducing carbs thing. There are carbs in everything. Things that I eat and am not really willing to give up (Other than bread and pasta!) I want to blame my plateau on the carbs lol. Unfortunately I think the culprit is me! I got lazy with measuring and weighing things. I was so diligent about it before, that I think I thought that my eyeballing skills were good now. NOPE. I eyeballed the lunch I packed for today. And then measured it... well over a 100 calorie difference!!! Oops.

So, I think I am going to focus on accurate tracking for a while and see where that gets me.
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:33 PM   #218  
I can, I will, I do

S/C/G: Goal: 130

Height: 5'6"

Was a little sad that I have been sick for about 4 days. Haven't worked out since Monday but I did manage to drop a pound just by maintaining my eating habits 4 pounds till the 260s!
Avezy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:57 PM   #219  
Katherine

Silverfire I don't know if you noticed that the fit bit server was down for a little while last night, but it was driving me nuts because I was like, "She's probably passed me, she's probably passed me. Dang it, Dang it Dang it!"

Avezy Being sick stinks, especially for Weightloss! But congrats on being down a pound. For some reason being sick has the opposite effect on me. . . most being don't want to eat but all I want to eat is junk and then I end up gaining. =)
Old 02-21-2014, 04:11 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 315/311/240

Height: 5'9"

Kailpea I was just checking out your blog. Very cool! My husband and I are also losing weight together. I think our total lost will be a bit more than 200 if we both get where we want. I just did the math and we're at 150 right now That's so cool that you're doing a blog together though.
Kate79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:22 PM   #221  
FIGHTER

S/C/G: 296/TICKER/178

Height: 5'5''

So I have this list of goals, every ten pounds I can reward myself (none of them are food!)

And I need -1 to get to 260 and my next reward. Honestly I could use a pick me up.. I have had a pretty good week as far as food, but have been sluggish and slightly ill so no working out. Hitting my calorie count but without moving my body just doesnt feel like enough.

Really it's been an emotional roller coaster this week with lots of personal things going on... I weigh in on Wednesday and I'm just hoping hoping hoping I can get there.
CharityMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:02 AM   #222  
Katherine

Kate The blog was my husbands idea, but the silly thing is that he hasn't posted since his first post! I think he's waiting until he loses a significant amount of weight. I know he had lost about 8 lbs but I think he's a little frustrated. He doesn't believe in dieting or watching what you eat, so I think that's part of the problem. He just wants to workout and expects to burn enough calories that he can eat whatever he wants.

CharityMarie I hope you get there! I plan to give myself a reward for my first 20 lbs lost. . . but I can't decide what. I was thinking maybe a new haircut and color. . .

Speaking of rewards though. . . I weighed in today at 252.8!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 0.8 lbs away from 20 lbs down! I almost ready to say bye to the 250's! Ahh! So excited!

Last edited by kailpea; 02-22-2014 at 12:09 PM.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:49 AM   #223  
New New Yorker!

S/C/G: 265/See ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Wow, everybody is doing so well!

WTG Kalipea!!!! You are so close to the 240's

Silverfire I can't WAIT to be back in size 18 jeans!!! Going low carb is rough, and it never worked for me. Calorie counting is the only thing that has worked. I'm going out and buying a food scale, for sure

Sorry you've been feeling bad Avezy44, but you're so close the 260's! You'll be there in no time.

You'll be at your goal in no time! CharityMarie!!!

I'm pretty bummed, I was 2lbs away from my dietbet goal of 255.7, I was at 257.4. And it sucks because I WAS at 255 almost 2 weeks ago, and I let myself get in the way of my progress. But, I'm also happy because I did
Eat myself go last week (bad, I was at 263lbs) but I reigned it back in.

I'm off to the gym and then weekly grocery shopping, this week I'm having stuffed bell peppers and lettuce taco wraps as my two meals. And today I'm making the biggest loser pancakes with a berry sauce and maybe some cool whip (we'll see)

Hope you enjoy your weekend!
SucreSucre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 04:24 PM   #224  

I'm in the 250s!!! Goodbye 260s!!!!
Old 02-22-2014, 06:53 PM   #225  
Katherine

Congrats lilMissBee!!!!

SucreSucre I looked up the biggest loser pancakes and they look and sound delicious! I've been eating these Corn Meal and Oat Waffles for breakfast about every other week but they probably aren't as diet friendly as those pancakes!

Well, just ate a massively fattening dinner. . . hoping the scale doesn't blow up up when I weigh tomorrow. Starting my weightloss program tomorrow through work. Hoping it helps!