Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 10:05 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 250/217/150

Height: 5'4"

I am most successful with weight watchers - but the plan prior to the new points plus. I tried changing over to their new system and slowly gained or lost and gained the same couple of pounds over and over. I like to have carbs in my diet, if I cut them out, I will binge. And 'free fruits' didn't work for me.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:35 AM   #302  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Calypso... Good Morning.. I like to weigh every day. Knowing what I weigh lets me see a pattern when I eat certain foods (like too much sodium) or if I eat more or less cheese etc... which I like to have some knowledge. Not that I can CONTROL anything LOL (I try!!!) lol I am also following Atkins (way of life) and for me, it is the easiest way of eating as I get to eat everything that I like and I feel full (Protein and fat.. yep fat.. it is filling) and salads as I am not into too many veggies.. tho you can eat veggies everyday on this plan). This plan is what works for me (78 lbs off in a year and at my age - 55 -- Not bad)...
Old 01-24-2014, 10:21 AM   #303  

S/C/G: HW:336/CW:236/GW:175

Height: 5' 7"

My official weigh in was 236.0 this morning, so close to 235. That is 3 pounds down from last Friday and I'm happy with that. I was thinking I lost 1 pound last week, but found out today that I had stayed the same. It must have been on my scale at home that I had lost a pound. Anyway, that puts me at 9 pounds lost since January 3rd. I'm not quite back to my lowest weigh in, but I'm getting close. I'm also not in the lead on my weight loss challenge here at work, but I'm in second.

wannaskipandlaugh - The Atkins diet definitely works and I'm sure at some point I will go back to it again even if it's only to change things up for awhile. I'm a major meat and vegetable eater so it's not too difficult for me once I make it past the first week or two. I think 78 pounds in a year is fantastic!

jenny - I think Weight Watchers is a great plan as well and it works if you follow it.

calypso - I lost the most weight with the Atkins diet, but when I stalled out for months Weight Watchers broke my stall. In the beginning Atkins is a hard diet to get used to, but I lose all those carb cravings after awhile and then it's easier to say no and there are tons of great recipes. I ate a lot of eggs, but that's okay because I love eggs. I say whatever is easiest for you to stick to is the best diet for you

niki - I haven't been keeping good track lately either, but I am trying to get back into the habit. I do better during the week than I do on the weekends.

Happy Friday everyone! I better get to work
Old 01-24-2014, 11:40 AM   #304  

S/C/G: 240/231/130

Height: 5'3"

Happy Friday, everyone!
Rebelle, yay for you on your 3 lbs lost...and to be only a teeny bit from where you were at your lowest in Nov. Is AWESOME!

Mandy, congrats to you, too! Three lbs...woo hoo!

Jenny, another lb is great...I keep thinking of Marli's avatar...and, just seeing what one lb REALLY means...is a thrill!

Niki, I just "signed up" for the 100 day challenge on this site. After seeing the video...and the difference exercising for 100 days in a row makes, really spurred me on. Since I've NEVER liked exercising...it's a real challenge...but, having a specific goal (100 days) is really helping! Soooo, good for you on your win gym challenge!

Thanks, Mandydawn, Nikitanix, JennyT, for your comments! And, everyone else, as well, who shared their diet plan successes! I'm going to give Atkins a go. I have a real problem with carbs...they tend to trigger overheating (I love 'em). And, as you say, Rebelle, I can always switch if it isn't working for me!

Have a great Friday, everyone!
Old 01-24-2014, 12:09 PM   #305  
AAD
Aida ~ Slow but steady ~

S/C/G: 229/229/159

I am getting closer! 221.9
Old 01-25-2014, 09:19 AM   #306  

S/C/G: 240/231/130

Height: 5'3"

Congratulations, AAD! You're nearly in the teens!

And, I weighed this morning...on a whim...and yippeeee! I'm now at 231. I'd been feeling sluggish and certain that I hadn't lost...even though I'd been following through on my exercise and nutrition goals. Soooo pleased to see the numbers on the scale this morning!

Happy weekend to all!
Old 01-25-2014, 11:17 AM   #307  
Sue finding inner song

WHISTLE and a big WOOHOO to you REBELLE! You are whooshing. . HOORAY!!!!! (Sometimes I think the cold weather affects us more since we don't see it as often!) You and I are so close to 235!!!!!!! weee... I am at 237.2.. but saw 236.4 after my walk this morning.. so I am hot on your heels!

AAD.. you are almost in the next decade.. so I know your stay here will be short.. But so glad you posted!

Yay Mandy! 3 lbs down... That is awesome!

Calypso... Any questions about your choice of eating.. we have a good expert in our forum area - Jerseygirl (been on Atkins for 12 years if I remember correctly).

GORGEOUS day for us here in Florida (Southeast for me) 70's today.. I send you all a breath of warm air and just think... today you are 1 day CLOSER to SPRING and 1 DAY CLOSER TO YOUR WEIGHT OFF GOAL.. also you are 1 day Healthier!
Old 01-25-2014, 03:29 PM   #308  
"Evolution Required"

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'8

229.1 as of this morning, so I am kind of stalled but with all the tricks I have up my sleeve, it will be less by my official weigh-in. I am not playing with this fat anymore , I want it to die, die, die ..I feel so evil today...

Calypso214 I have only just started to weigh-in everyday, before I weighed every Tuesday, but then got curious about what my body was doing on a daily basis. So I have been weighing first thing in the morning before I do much of anything except go to the bathroom. I think it helps me stay accountable all the time rather than guessing about my progress during the week. Plus I am a bit of a control freak . So it was a sure thing that I would eventually switch over to daily weighing. However, Tuesday is still considered my official weigh-in and whatever the scale says on that day gets recorded .
And to answer your other question, I am not on any weight loss or diet program, I just count calories, and exercise everyday. I feel like if I'm not dripping sweat I didn't burn .
Congrats on the weight loss .

mandydawn77 Go mandy!! 10 pounds a month is my lofty goal for the next few months and you are basically meeting my goal I'll be you for a few moments......okay you can have your happy back .

rebelle Congrats on the fat smashing .

nikitanix Thanks, I hope the 220's aren't going to give me trouble, I want the satisfaction of feeling like I really can get under 200 by this summer .
Old 01-26-2014, 12:10 PM   #309  
Sue finding inner song

229 is wonderful Marliqq YAY!!!

Me.. down to 236.6........ Hooray.. I might get down to 230 by the end of February if not sooner! (OH WHOOSH FAIRY.... I WISH SOONER!) This has been a good month for me... I am actually down 7.4 lbs... These last 6 months I have averaged 4.5 lbs a month... so I am liking this!!!! Keep it coming/going! lol

AAD are you in the 2 teens today??!!!

Rebelle.. are you still flying ahead of me??!! I too grew up in the 70's Graduated High School in 76!... I still love the old songs from that time and the non- threatening lyrics... and sad about the Captain and Tenelle... they are in their 70's, so you wonder why??!!! They just did an album too last year (I heard). Well..... ---Hey kids, Rock N Roll... Rock on! and Where do we go from here??!! (Down the scale numbers I say!) lol

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 01-26-2014 at 07:49 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:59 PM   #310  

Had a hard night keeping on track last night - but I did it. Looking back at what I had for dinner though, homemade spaghetti sauce over spaghetti squash. A had a generous helping but not much in the way of protein. After fighting cravings for a few hours after dinner I had a hard boiled egg and that did the trick! Apparently protein really is the ticket...I am a slow learner

Last edited by JenB77; 01-26-2014 at 02:59 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:34 PM   #311  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/140

Hey everyone!!

Hope y'all had a great weekend!!

Went to the gym on Saturday and Sunday - very pleased with myself now!!

Wow to your 100 days challenge Calypso! Have you got a link to the video? I could use some motivation like that!
Old 01-27-2014, 05:27 PM   #312  
Alicia :)

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday everyone!! I am down 5 pounds from last week - very exciting! Only 4 pounds from the next decade in this thread!! And only 2 pounds away from my lowest since early 2013.

Marli - way to go!!! What a great new decade to enter into!

wannaskipandlaugh, congrats on such an awesome month! This has been my best month in 2 years - I'm so happy we are all making this work!! 2014 is our year! I want my whoosh fairy to come this week and WHOOSH me right into 220's!!

rebelle, what area of FL are you located? I love going down to the gulf coast and vacationing - Destin and Mexico Beach are amazing - I love them better than the Caribbean!

Jenny, just hang in there! It's good that you stayed on track! That's a great accomplishment and NSV! Hopefully it pays off on the scale for you

niki, nice job on the weekend workouts!! Weekends are so hard - so I am very impressed!!
Old 01-28-2014, 07:54 AM   #313  
Sue finding inner song

Akelly YOU are doing awesome! This is OUR year all!! I'm just saying

Rebelle... well I upticked after the weekend... back to 237.0 even.. so you are in front of me... I will be chasing you! Our beaches here in SE Florida ( I live about 30 miles north of West Palm Beach) are small and very narrow as the Atlantic grabs alot of sand during storms. When I first came here in 1972.. the beaches were as wide as Daytona.. not anymore.. But the waves are awesome to watch. I have never been to the Panhandle and it is a dream of mine.. Someday I will drive to New Orleans and take a day in the Destin area (My friends from Marietta Ga go there every winter for vacation!)

Have a wonderful day all.. STAY WARM if you are in the midst of this COLD FRIGID weather again! My wish is that spring comes early this year! (we will be in the 80's again today... and I will share the warmth.. I really will!)
Old 01-28-2014, 10:02 AM   #314  

Down 2.4 from last week yippee!! 236.6 now - I wish I could have that big of a loss every week lol I thought I had been consuming too much sodium, but I guess not! Have a good day everyone
Old 01-28-2014, 11:28 AM   #315  
Alicia :)

Height: 5'2"

Good morning all! Down another .8, so I'm happy with that. I only did a mile last night on the treadmill, but right now work is crazy so I'm ok with that. I travel every week for work (I'm in IT consulting) and this is my last week on this project, so a lot of meetings and evening work. It's also performance review season so getting all the annual paperwork done and I'm going for a large promotion, so prepping and getting ducks in a row for that! Day by day, right??

rebelle, I completely agree! I could easily go to the Atlantic Ocean within 3 hours but I would much rather drive 5-6 hours to see the Emerald waters and sugar sands

Sue, please send the warmth here to Boston!! I live in Macon, GA and its supposed to snow there today too. I can't catch a break!! My next gig is in Dallas; I'm hoping to see some warmth there when I begin traveling there!

Jenny, awesome loss!! Nice work! I was afraid of my sodium intake, too. I eat edamame pretty much everyday and I was worried I would retain too much. I drank a lot of water so maybe that helped!
Closed Thread