Old 09-05-2011, 12:13 AM   #16  
Just Breathe

S/C/G: 293/279/Healthy

Height: 5'6

Hello Ladies! I trust you had a good weekend.
Mine, not so much but that's ok, I am not going to kick myself in the booty. Tomorrow is my SIL birthday BBQ @ my MIL house. I have already had everything planned.
Oh...this was so cool...Today when we got to church I saw my MIL and she came up to me and said (in her most awesome Paula Dean accent) "OMG, you look so good! Have you lost weight??" That was an awesome feeling. hehe

Ugh, this is what I had today:

B: Coffee w/ splenda and creamer
L: Cracker Barrel (egg beaters, 2 biscuits w/ gravy, and 3 pc bacon)
D: 1 Boca Vegan Burger, 1C Mac n cheese
Dessert: Mint chocolate Chip ice cream...WILL I EVER LEARN!!?? (got sick again after I ate it)

I don't know if this is appropriate but I wanted to post a pic of me and my DH @ lunch today.. It will be at the end of this post.

Patch: I will pray for your father to have a smooth operation. I'm glad you got to celebrate your DH BD with your family. Which restaurant did you go to?

Beverly: You are an inspiration when it comes to will power and motivation. I often read your posts and feel empowered by them.

MJ: That's awesome you can make some extra $$ for your old clothes. Enjoy your day off, it is well deserved!!

Have a safe Labor Day!!

As said, here is my GH and I today @ lunch with the family:
MsRatFink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:13 AM   #17  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! Hope everyone is enjoying what is left of the long weekend.

It is nice and cool here today, but raining...that's ok though...because it is still a laaaazy day for me! LOL!!! I am going to go to Zumba tomorrow (normally Tues is my 'non workout day').

Angela--LOVE the pic of you and dh! Such a cute couple!!! Yea, I had no idea there was a place like this thrift store...I can't wait to go back...hopefully this coming Saturday. It's all part of the journey...you'll get it figured out.

I lost four lbs last week. I had to check the scale a few times to be sure, lol! I am thrilled!!! I just sent my update off to my trainer. I'm sure I won't hear back from him today, which is fine...he works really, really hard so I hope he is taking today off to spend with his family.

Have a great day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:28 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi friends... yesterday was a healthy day. I am so grateful. I am glad I had the willlingness to put aside my unplanned food of the day before. DH finished off the ice cream that I love. Good thing... it would have gone in the trash and I told him so. LOL

I was able to check off many of my goals yesterday:

planned/measured/logged/food tracker my food - yes
eat seated only - yes - caught myself with food in my mouth standing, but sat to swallow itl LOL
Response cards - read them
Beck book - no
fork down between bites - some of the time
taste the food - alot of the time
lots of water - yes
exericse - no
journal - yes
meditation - yes
slow mindful eating - working on this
feel fullness - not much
sodium - under 2000 mg

Today we will have seventeen people over for a picnic fairwell gathering for some neighbors that are moving. I've worked it out to have foods that I can eat. Last night DH reported that our little neighborhood cutie pies asked for a fire and smores. Of course he said yes. This is hard for me. However, I figured that one smore has under two hundred calories. I will work it in and let people take home any leftover smore ingredients home or in the trash. At first I was 'angry' that DH ruined my 'perfect little plan of healthy food'. Only until I figured it all out. Life will always throw monkey wrenches of food into a plan. I need to learn to roll with it. Still working on it.

MJ - WOW - four poundsl... love this. I am doing a happy dance for you and all your efforts friend!

Angela - wonderful picture of you and DH! It's wonderful that folks have commented on your weight loss. YAY. I am glad if anything I happen to post helps you in any way. I guess we never know when that happens, really.

Have a great day folks.

Update: DH just got home from the market. He got 36 Hershey candy bars for our s'mores today. "They were on sale." he said. Is he trying to sabatoge me? I guess I'll have to give them away. We don't save money if we have to get rid of them.(give away or throw away) Rant over. (Maybe we will use them all up... 17 people coming over.)

Later: I talked to him about it. He's kind of insulted that I said he got too many. But - he thinks we need that many. We'll see. Maybe he's right.

I kind of freeked out. Just talked to him about it. Of course, he's not trying to sabatoge. He thinks we will need that many. Kind of insulted that I said he got too many. LOL (17 people) We'll see.

************************************************** ********************************

Party was great. All the kids got to take home a chocolate bar. There's four left and I"ll give those to my mom. So we only had 12 extra candy bars. However, DH was 'loading up' those s'mores with LOTS of chocolate. LOL

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 09-05-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:27 PM   #19  
mj5

Beverlyjoy--Another healthy day AND the icecream is gone, awesome! Good for you for planning ahead. Yes, you will learn how to roll with it...easier said than done, sometimes, but you'll get there! Thanks!!! I was shocked w/ 4lbs.

I just received the nicest email from my trainer. He is giving me the month of October of training for free! He said it is because of the people I have referred to him AND because I am working so hard. He is awesome. I can't say he makes it easy...because there is a lot of hard work involved...but he makes it fun and challenging and that's what I know I need.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:30 PM   #20  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I am having such a hard time getting on Chicks these days! its driving me nuts. I did see a post about others having trouble so at least its not just me and our computer, but I'm not having this same trouble with other forums.

I pratically needed a sweater to take the dog outside this morning. Hubby came home early from work to surprise me; he brought me flowers and took me out to lunch and shopping! Its still very cool and we have the windows open to air the house out, but are also getting yummy smells from the neighbor's cookout! No workout so far and probably none tomorrow unless its walking around the hospital.

Dad's heart surgery is tomorrow around 11am. I would appreciate any thoughts or prayers for him and the rest of the family.

Angela, great picture! We went to the Corky's nearest you. My parents live in Fayette Co, so we split the difference drive-wise.

Beverly, Glad the party went well, that's a lot of people.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:14 AM   #21  

Hi friends - I stayed with my plan yesterday - even with the cookout here. DH brought home 36 chocolate candy bars for the s'mores. I freaked out. But, I gave the extra ones to the children to take home. I have four for my mom and they will be glad. Grateful to be willing to NOT eat all the candy bars. I did have a s'more - it about 150 calories. I ate it slowly and enjoyed every bite.

I have been doing lots of meditation. It's been helping.

At the cookout I ate mostly veggies and just a few bites of my hamburger (and my s'more). I only had eaten about 850 calories by bedtime. I did have a bigger snack to get it close to 1100.

Today I need to go spend some time with my mom. She's not feeling so well.

I've done my exericises and am planning for a healthy day. I am really liking the food tracker at Sparkpeople. It is especially helpful with watching my sodium.

MJ - a free month is so AWESOME! Well, you certainly are a good example of his help and influences. It's wonderful.

PWpenquin - saying a prayer for your dad's surgery... for him to have the very best result. Fun, a shopping trip.

Have a good day, friends.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:58 AM   #22  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Breakie: coffee & muffin (running late, no milk for cereal, bad planning!)
lu: turkey sandwich, tomato soup, nectarine
sn: cottage cheese
din: big salad with chicken & w.wheat roll
sn: tea & cookie
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:33 PM   #23  
mj5

Hi everyone! I decided that since yesterday was a "lazy day" for me, that I would go to Zumba today. I can't wait! The Tuesday class is "retro night" where our instructor brings back some of her older stuff...lots of fun!

Angela--How awesome that your MIL noticed your weight loss!

Patchworkpenguin--I have been keeping your dad (and your family) in my thoughts and prayers today. Hope the surgery went well.

Beverlyjoy--Gret job at the cookout!!! Thank you. I think it is awesome that he is giving me a month free!!

Trazey--Hi!

DixC Chix--How are you doing?

Hope everyone is have a great day!
Old 09-06-2011, 06:57 PM   #24  

Thanks for the prayers and love for my dad . His surgery was scheduled for 11:30 but they didn't come get him until closer to 5pm. That was a long wait for all of us. We haven't heard anything yet.

We came home to feed the poor dog and Mom is coming to spend the night with us so we're doing a quick cleanup of the house , although she actually knows what slobs we really are, LOL.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 09-06-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:33 AM   #25  

Hi friends!! Yesterday was a healthy day... I am always grateful for that. Happy scale day too. I am down two pounds from last week. YAY.

Every morning I take a little time to write down the things about living with food I need to remember. I think writing them down helps reinforce them in some way. My list is getting long:

leave of bite of food
no seconds
eat seated only
fork down between bites
slow mindful eating
TASTE the food
meditation
lots of water
exercise
watch sodium
plan/measue/log/put food in tracker
counter those sabatoging thoughts (I'll start tomorrow, eating this won't matter, etc)
read my cards and Beck book
enjoy each bite
feel fullness

I accomplished many of these in some form or frequency. Not all, of course - but trying.
I did my exercises and meditions - which are very important.

Yesterday I was coming home from my mom's and thought I'd go to the drive thur at Dairy Queen to get a no sugar added fugde bar (50 calories) I had a long discussion with myself, but - I didn't go because it's reinforcing unplanned eating. I can plan for it another day.

PWpenguin. -Gosh, that's a long to to wait for word on your dad. Sending prayers and hugs as you all gather to support each other and your dad.

MJ - retro Zumba sounds like so much fun!!!

Trazey - hi... glad you posted your menu!

Have a good day, friends.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 09-07-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:45 AM   #26  
mj5

patchworkpenguin--Oh my goodness...that is a long wait!!! Still sending ++++ thoughts and prayers!

Beverlyjoy--CONGRATS!!! 2lbs! GO YOU!!! That's awesome!

Retro Zumba was fun. I actually knew all of the dances, so that made it even more fun! Tonight is the gym...I feel like I haven't been there in forever!

Have a great day!!!

Last edited by mj5; 09-07-2011 at 10:47 AM.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:26 PM   #27  
Just Breathe

S/C/G: 293/279/Healthy

Height: 5'6

Hi Ladies:
I have been really down this week. I haven't done much exercise (which I should have to make me feel better) and been staying on track, somewhat. Today I decided I am not going to give in to my being down or pitty parties and get back to work. Oh, I did weight myself on Monday and I am down another 3 pounds which is a total of 14 pounds GONE FOREVER!!!

Im glad to hear everyone is doing so well! Y'all are such an inspiration to me, each of you and I am so glad I have 3FC to come to when I need a little pick me up <3

Last edited by MsRatFink; 09-07-2011 at 01:27 PM.
MsRatFink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:59 PM   #28  

They got Dad in surgery around 6pm but he didn't get to ICU until 10pm. Really long day for Mom, she'd been up since 4am. They couldn't go in through the back ribs so they ended up splitting his chest anyway, not sure why, but Dr says he's doing great. He's going to a regular room tomorrow morning, he's still groggy and not feeling well, and we can only see him during certain times.

Be back for personals later.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:58 PM   #29  
mj5

Angela--Sorry to hear you are having a down week...we all have those times. 3lbs down is FANTASTIC and 14lbs total is WONDERFUL!!! Great job! You are doing it. You will keep doing it!!!! And yes, 3FC is great. I struggled for sooooooooooooooooooo long it isn't even funny.

Patchworkpenguin--that is fantastic news about your dad! I'm sure it will take him longer to heal, but sounds like he is doing great.

Ok, I am off to the gym!!! I'll actually get home at a semi-decent time tonight. YEA!!!!
Old 09-08-2011, 09:04 AM   #30  
mj5

Hi everyone! Oh my goodness...I just checked w/ my trainer...I am due for pics and measurements over the weekend! I had to check w/ him to make sure, lol!!! Seems like I JUST did them. So, I will have dh do them either Sat or Sun before I go to Zumba. I am realizing that 140 isn't my goal anymore....I am going to keep going. Not sure how far, but I'll figure that out when I get there.

Hope you are all doing well and staying dry!