Sept 22
B= 2c milk, vits, banana
L= PBJ, sliced peaches
S= carrots, spicy ranch
L= PH Pasta, g beans, breadsticks, maranaria for dipping
S= 1/2 snickers
S= choc muffin, 2 c milk
E= none

Went to two Walmarts and a Target in search of Leslie Sansone's new workout 5 Fast Miles. No luck.

We got home to find that a huge branch {diameter of a dinner plate} fell out of the neighbor's tree, taking out their power!

I found a series of Blog enteries by a knitting designer called Fit to Flatter. http://www.amyherzogdesigns.com/f2f/ The idea is "don't spend time knitting a sweater that is the wrong style for you'. Hubby measured me and we found out that I'm a pear! I've been dressing for an apple/ruler for years and now I'm a pear. So I've been reading up on pears and found out that I've been doing a lot of the right things anyway. Good to know.

Chix, hope your doggie is better soon.

Beverly, all we can do is keep trying. Stopping is just giving up!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:21 AM   #92  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! It's Friday!!! YIPPEE!!! Any fun plans this weekend???

patchworkpenguin--I hope you find that workout. Her dvd's are a lot of fun...they are the the only ones I actually ever did consistently.

Last night my Zumba instructor asked me to help her at an event on Saturday. It's called "Healthy Sliders and Siders" Local restaurants are competing by making healthy sliders and side dishes. She is a guest judge. She is also doing some Zumba deomonstrations. She asked me to help with her presentation of how to make some healthy, but filling protein shakes. I told her I would be happy to! The point of the event is to raise awareness around healthy eating and being active and hopefully local restaurants will add their healthy creations to their menus. It sounds like a lot of fun!

So, Saturday is turning out to be a super busy day....workout in the am, grocery shopping, massage, the Healthy Sliders and Siders event, and making my hubby's birthday dinner. His bday was yesterday, but we are officially celebrating Saturday. He has requested pork chops, macaroni and cheese (I found a healthier version by Ellie Krieger on food network). I am also making a lemon chocolate chip angelfood cake w/ raspberry sauce. Actually...the mac and c and cake I will probably make tonight when I get home just because tomorrow is going to be so busy. Sunday....I am going to relax!!!

Hope you have a great day!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:08 AM   #93  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Sept 23
B= 2 c milk, vits, 1/2 Chickfila salad sand
D= 1/2 Mex Chicken pizza {mix crust, salsa, taco sauce, sharp chedder, chicken onions, pepper}
S= choc muffin 2 c milk
S= apple w PB
E= 10min kettlebells {didn't like DVD}+ 30min cardio/weights

Sept 24; Hubby has gone to watch a friend and his entire family jump out of an airplane togther for the friends Bday. {Friend was a Army Ranger and this will be his 71st jump.}

Asked Mom about colors for the stole and she said after more thought she didn't want one, so I've started one for myself; but after seeing/trying on mine she may change her mind, LOL.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:58 PM   #94  

Sept 25
B= 2 c milk, vits, banana
L= Jason's Deli cup Cheese Broc soup, blue corn chips, 1/2 Sarge Pepper's Sand
S= choc chips TOM related
D= homemade chili, 2 cornbread
S= Spice muffin
E= none

Sept 24,
B= 2 c milk, vits
L=roast beef sand
S= milk, choc muffin
D= Chickfila wrap, honey mustard dressing
S= apple w pb
E= 40min kickboxing
Old 09-26-2011, 09:16 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi friends... I haven't given up. I am plodding along with healthy days and unhealthy days. I've been reading - just not posting.

I've made my plan for today. I got some kale. I am going to make kale chips today. Folks say they are good! I have lots of veggies in the house and all I need to have a healthy day. I need to muster up the willingness to push through.

Breakfast - toast, pnb, morningstar bacon, half yellow pepper, lite veggie dip
Snack - kale chips
Lunch - egg white salad, rice cakes, stewed tomatoes with parm cheese
Snack - fiber cereal, milk, fruit
Dinner - salmon, sweet potato, salad with evoo and vinegar
Snack - 2% cheese on rice cake, fruit

water, lots
stretches and strengthening
plan/measure/log food
eat seated only
no seconds
mindful slow eating - TASTE the food
distractions while eating, minimal
fork down between bites

Have a great day, friends.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 09-26-2011 at 09:36 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:03 AM   #96  
mj5

Good Morning! Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Beverlyjoy--let us know how the kale chips are. I have heard they are yummy!

DixC Chix--How are you and your sweet dog doing?

Well...the scale stayed the same this week. Not terribly thrilled, but not a gain, so I'll take it!

Actually, my goal for this week is to maintain as well. My bday is at the end of the week and my Zumba instructor has planned a "girls afternoon" trip to some local wineries. Her husband will be our chauffeur. It is going to be SO much fun!!! We will go to a few wineries and have dinner. Everyone going eats healthy, so that will make it a bit easier. Hubby is planning something for Sunday.

Hi to everyone else who stops in!
Old 09-26-2011, 11:47 PM   #97  

Sept 26
B= 2 c milk, vits, banana
L= roast beef sand
D= Southwest Patty, salsa, refried beans {leftovers}
S=choc chips
S=apple w PB
E=50min abs/cardio/weights

This is TOM week and I feel I've been doing a good job on resisting sweets so far. I haven't weighed this week but have maintained my 2 lbs loss! I'm really excited about those measly 2 lbs, too!

MJ, your girls afternoon sounds great!
Old 09-27-2011, 07:04 AM   #98  

Hi friends... yesterday was better. I stayed within my plan until bedtime. I loved the kale chips:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/baked-k...ps/detail.aspx

Seems like everyone is talking about kale chips lately. In this recipe the kale chips are actually crunchy. I put on garlic powder and parmesean cheese when they were done.. Very tasty. Mine didn't turn brown, however. I used a little less evoo when I made this recipe. They don't stay crunchy after storing. I plan to use the left overs with some white beans, and onion.

I will keep trying. I am in a 'I can't do it' frame of mind. I need to put that out of my mind because I CAN DO IT. I've done it before!!!!

Thanks to you all for your continual support.

Pwpenguin - yes!! those two pounds are important indeed.

Mj - you time with the girls sounds so fun... What day is your birthday this week?

Dixie - how's your doggie?

Have a great day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 09-27-2011 at 07:10 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:37 AM   #99  
mj5

Good Morning! Absolutely awesome workout last night! My new workout "seems" simpler (at least on paper), BUT...I am supposed to use the heaviest weights I can, while maintaining proper form AND I am now doing 6 circuits instead of 3 (there are fewer exercises, though). Wow. I was soooo sweaty and tired, but energized by the time I was done. It was awesome. I am sore this am, but not nearly as sore as I thought I would be. I did a lot of stretching last night when I was done, so I know that helped.

patchworkpenguin--2lbs is AWESOME! Nothing measly about that! Great job resisting sweets during TOM week...that is a major accomplishment too!

Beverlyjoy--Congrats on a better day! I will have to check out the kale chips. I have heard a lot about them too. They sound yummy! You are right, you CAN do it! My bday is Thursday.

Ok, so the scale moved down this am, hahaha...of course today and NOT yesterday. Oh well...hopefully that will continue for the rest of the week! Also...it took me FOUR attempts to get dressed this am...all of the shirts I put on were too big. NOT complaining, that's for sure! So, obviously, positive changes happening. I have started a stack of items to donate, etc. My cousin (who is using the same trainer as me) is coming to town for her bridal shower next weekend has asked to go through any clothes I might have (she is a couple sizes behind me). So, I have started a box for her to go through.

Typical busy night tonight...I will talk to my Wellness Coach, haircut, Zumba, then home...finally!

Have a great day!!
Old 09-27-2011, 11:20 AM   #100  

One of my favorite DVD workout instructors is coming out with a new series of 10 DVDs. This is a clip of one! Clips mean they will be shipping soon! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_Vck3uM3x4

I woke up with a sore throat and I can't decide if I'm hot or cold. I hope I'm not getting sick. I don't want to be sick!
Old 09-27-2011, 10:33 PM   #101  

Today, I got a copy of Leslie's newest at Target on sale! Hopefully, I can do it soon. I'm not sure what I have yet if its just allergies or what. I tend to wake up with sore throat's when the weather is changing and I've gotten cold overnight, I think that was the case but I feel stuffy/headachy too. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow. I took a 1/2 dose of Dayquil during the day and my regular Benedryl overnight. I made chicken soup for lunch and had it again for dinner.

I saw Afterburn first but the clip for Slide and Glide looks like FUN, until they get to the abs section, LOL! http://cathe.com/slide-glide-video-clip

Sept 27,
B= 2 c mik, vits, banana
L= homemade chicken soup, 2 bread/butter
S= choc chips
S= cornbread
D= more chicken soup, 1/2 turkey sand, baked beans, cran juice
E=none
Old 09-28-2011, 09:41 AM   #102  
mj5

Good Morning! Oh my goodness...SO super excited....so, the scale didn't move, BUT, I am now wearing a size 8!!!! So, obviously losing fat and gaining muscle. Have to LOVE that! I also found a really nice pair of tall, black boots. They are not the uber expensive one that I have been drooling over...but they are nice. I have decided that I will save up for the expensive ones, I just can't swing them right now. We have some house repairs coming up soon, the holidays, etc...and I can't justify a major expense like that, yet. I will treat myself to them, though. Just have to save for them.

patchworkpenguin--that's awesome! So great that your favorite dvd instructor is putting out a new workout AND you found the new Leslie dvd on sale! Ugh, I hope you feel better. I know my allergies have been horrible. They tend to be worse in the fall anyway, but this year is terrible.

Hopefully today will be less chaotic at work...I felt like I was chasing myself all day and didn't accomplish a darn thing.

Oh..girls afternoon is actually Sunday (there was a miscommunication there..oops!), which is fine. Actually, that works better because I can keep my appt w/ my kickboxing coach (if she hasn't given the appt to someone else...) and I have asked to take Monday off, which will be nice!

Gym workout tonight...I *think* my quads have recovered, hahaha...can't wait!
Old 09-28-2011, 09:56 AM   #103  

Hi friends... not a healthy day yesterday... phooey. The scale says I've gained since last week. It should.. I am not surprised. But, I am not giving up. Here is my plan:

breakfast - peanut butter toast, pumpkin with smart balance margerine, cinn, sf syrup
snack - yellow pepper strips
lunch - black beans and 2% cheese wrap, green beans
snack - cereal, fruit, milk
dinner - out - salad with chicken, Apple Cranberry Spinach Salad
snack - cheese on rice cake

lots of water
eat seated
exercise
meditation
log food/plan food
journal

I'll try to get back for personals later.

Have a good day!!
Old 09-29-2011, 08:23 AM   #104  

Happy Birthday to MJ... hope you have a wonderful day!

Hi friends... yesterday was healthy.... YAY. I am so grateful.

Today I have much to do to get ready for my family coming for a visit... along with getting a hair cut and color. I am going with my 88 year old mom. I have to giggle - we call it our afternoon of beauty. She loves it and me too.

breakfast - pnb toast, pumpkin, margerine, cinn., sf syrup
snack - roasted green beans
lunch - eggs and cheese, toast, stewed tomatoes with parm
snack - cereal, fruit, milk
dinner - cheese toast, tomato soup, carrots
snack - fruit, rice cake with pnb

PWpenguin - how's the new workout dvd.

MJ - SIZE EIGHT Awesome... so proud and happy for you!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 09-29-2011 at 08:32 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:40 AM   #105  

MJ, HAPPY BIRTHDAY congrats on the size 8

Beverly, I really like Leslie's latest workout, 5 Really Big Miles. It has a seperate wu, cooldown/stretch, has two toning miles using a stretchie band which comes with the DVD, and 3 faster miles. The set is bright and she has some new/old walkers including some family memebers. New moves and not the same 'done to death' music help out a lot. I did 45min yesterday

I ate a lot yesterday, I'm not even sure what/how much, not really mindless snacking, but if I wasn't activly eating/drinking my stomach hurt, like I was starving or had an ulcer. Not sure what was going on there, if it was the meds or if being sick was causing me to burn through my daily cals quickly.